Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 179
  1. #1
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    26,602

    The Straw That Broke The Camels Back.

    After Bike & Fishes thread about the OC. And I had to take credit for linking him over here via through his first thread introduction thread. It got me thinking of how the O.C. became to be and "The straw that broke the camels back" to create an off topic forum. And I have to take credit for that thread.

    First off let me explain to Bike & Fish and any others not familiar of how the OC became to be. There were numerous threads being launched mainly in the General Discussion forum that were off topic. Meaning other than bike related. The mods had their hands full deleting them or sending them to the recycling bin. It got to be numerous threads every day being dealt with by the mods. It bacame apparent that an off topic forum was needed.

    Well the thread that "broke the camels back" so to speak was this thread in the General Discussion forum back in the day. This one was the last of the off topic threads that forced the decision to make an off topic forum.
    Man I miss the old M.T.B.R

    They then lauunched a thread to come up with a name for the impending forum. And after numerous ideas a vote was put to it and the name Off Camber stuck out and prevailed.
    Progress: Just because we have always done it that way is no reason to keep doing it that way.

  2. #2
    gobsmacked Moderator
    Reputation: girlonbike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    8,490
    Hmmmm

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    24,145
    I think this would be a good time to have all of the original members (who were here from day 1 of the Off Camber thread kick off) to chime in.

    All who were and still are here (whether in person or in spirit) say "I".

    ......."I"

  4. #4
    ...but I'm a Silly Hunter
    Reputation: Haint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,191
    O

    I came late.
    I like Sand - I don't like Witches


  5. #5
    Killer b.
    Reputation: The Understater's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,498
    I was lurking but not posting at the time. I wandered off to a motorcycle forum for a while before finding my way back home.
    Posting on the basis that ignorance shared is ignorance doubled.

  6. #6
    dru
    dru is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,443
    I was most definitely here on MTBR but actually don't remember the start of the OC. By far the OC is the most fun of them all. I even bought a stupid shirt to prove it.

    Drew
    occasional cyclist

  7. #7
    check your six
    Reputation: sodak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,181
    Uhh... Not sure really.. I remember the thread for naming the forum, but I lurked anywhere but the DH/FR forum at the time.
    "We can always find excuses if we want to find them, but if we really want to do something, we have to just go."

  8. #8
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    26,602
    The Revolt
    Over the edge....
    Progress: Just because we have always done it that way is no reason to keep doing it that way.

  9. #9
    AZ
    AZ is offline
    banned
    Reputation: AZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    19,205
    Whats with the thread dredging? Really strange vibe in the OC lately.

  10. #10
    Ride More, Work Less
    Reputation: heyyall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,775
    I was relatively new with the OC started, but I remember proudly making this image for when the many threads in GD went to the crapper. I only use it now for special memory lane trips. This seems like one of the appropriate times for use.


  11. #11
    9 lives
    Reputation: cyclelicious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    10,421
    I participated in a couple of polls during the first month. My first post on OC was in April 2012. The topic was about Facebook

    Time flies!
    F*ck Cancer

    Eat your veggies

  12. #12
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    26,602
    Strange vibe not really just the history.

    Here's the thread that they started to name the.
    new off topic forum. Which became the Off Camber forum. Check out the date then the dates in the thread I provided in my original post in this thread.
    Help name the new Off Topic forum

    ^^^^ Thread from General Discussion

    Help name the new Off Topic forum

    ^^^^^^ Thread from Passion

    The person that came up with the Off Camber name is within one of those two threads. If anyone has time to skim through both threads to figure it out more power to ya. I've got to go to bed it took me forever to find both of those. Goodnight!
    Last edited by DIRTJUNKIE; 11-03-2013 at 11:04 PM.
    Progress: Just because we have always done it that way is no reason to keep doing it that way.

  13. #13
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,502
    So, in the thread you linked the first mention of calling it off camber is by François on page 3. But he is referencing the dual post from passion. Who was the one who came up with the name? .

  14. #14
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,267
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty $anchez View Post
    Whats with the thread dredging? Really strange vibe in the OC lately.

    Agreed. All the really good posters are gone or lurking. The heart of this forum was surgically removed, never to be replaced.


    [QUOTE=DIRTJUNKIE;10784685]Strange vibe not really just the history.

    QUOTE]




    Its only a year old, the history of this sub-forum was lost in the "PURGE". Feeling self important or insignificant cause I notice you have been bumping your own threads lately?

  15. #15
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    26,602
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRingGrinder View Post
    So, in the thread you linked the first mention of calling it off camber is by François on page 3. But he is referencing the dual post from passion. Who was the one who came up with the name? .
    I don't remember who the member was who came up with the name. If it's within that thread or another thread that was the same purpose. I'm pretty sure it's within that thread though. I haven't had a chance to read through it.
    Progress: Just because we have always done it that way is no reason to keep doing it that way.

  16. #16
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    26,602
    [QUOTE=floydlippencott;10784722]Agreed. All the really good posters are gone or lurking.


    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    Strange vibe not really just the history.

    QUOTE]




    Its only a year old, the history of this sub-forum was lost in the "PURGE". Feeling self important or insignificant cause I notice you have been bumping your own threads lately?
    The history wasn't lost in the purge. All the threads are still there you just have to search and sift and search and sift. As far as your other comment we don't flame on eachother in this forum. There's plenty of that going on outside the OC.
    Progress: Just because we have always done it that way is no reason to keep doing it that way.

  17. #17
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,267
    I don't need to search and sift, I was part of most of them and don't feel the need to dredge them up to try to gain some cred in this palace of suck. Why do you feel the need to?

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    24,145
    Unrest??? Thread dredging??? Strange vibe???

    It's all good. This place goes up, then it goes down. Then it goes left, then it goes right. Then it goes in then it goes out. One thing it always does is go everywhere.

    Looking back is a good thing.

    Just adding branches to the family tree.

  19. #19
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    26,602
    Quote Originally Posted by floydlippencott View Post
    I don't need to search and sift, I was part of most of them and don't feel the need to dredge them up to try to gain some cred in this palace of suck. Why do you feel the need to?
    I was just trying to shed some light on the history of the O.C. and how it came to be for those that weren't around back then. I find it to be interesting and is just another topic to discuss in the off topic forum. Nothing more nothing less. I know you were around back then and were a big part of the OC in the beginning and I agree that many of the really good people have left or just lurk.
    Progress: Just because we have always done it that way is no reason to keep doing it that way.

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    24,145
    Since we are on the subject, anyone remember the title/topic of any of the very first threads in OC??? This place has been so colorful that it's all jumbled together in my memory. Like a good buzz that just won't end.

  21. #21
    Ride More, Work Less
    Reputation: heyyall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,775
    One of my first OC threads was food-based...big surprise

    Food: the last meal

  22. #22
    AZ
    AZ is offline
    banned
    Reputation: AZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    19,205

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    24,145
    Quote Originally Posted by heyyall View Post
    One of my first OC threads was food-based...big surprise

    Food: the last meal
    I remember that thread!!!

    Kinda trippy to look back and see the members who aren't here anymore. But life goes on...

  24. #24
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    26,602
    Quote Originally Posted by heyyall View Post
    One of my first OC threads was food-based...big surprise

    Food: the last meal
    Ha,ha I remember that one, great thread.
    Progress: Just because we have always done it that way is no reason to keep doing it that way.

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    24,145
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty $anchez View Post
    Perhaps I should start a new thread on this matter because I am perplexed by the fact that you and others say it's on the decline,...yet you still post actively here. Please explain, I am all ears.

  26. #26
    AZ
    AZ is offline
    banned
    Reputation: AZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    19,205
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    Perhaps I should start a new thread on matter. I am perplexed by the fact that you and others say it's on the decline,...yet you still post actively here. Please explain, I am all ears.


    I post very infrequently here as of late. The slapstick routine is tired, very tired and not all that stimulating either. Every passing week there are fewer and fewer active participants. Notice any glaring examples of missing peeps? I do. Stagnant is a word that seems very applicable imo.

  27. #27
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,267
    Stale.

  28. #28
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,267
    But, the good news is that 650b is going to resurrect the lagging bicycle industry. Fire sale prices on 29ers, get em while you can.

  29. #29
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    26,602
    Some camel is encouraged, and yes back in the day when you could post in the bin was a barrel of monkeys.
    Progress: Just because we have always done it that way is no reason to keep doing it that way.

  30. #30
    The Boat or The Bike?
    Reputation: Bike&Fish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1,475
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    After Bike & Fishes thread about the OC. And I had to take credit for linking him over here via through his first thread introduction thread. It got me thinking of how the O.C. became to be and "The straw that broke the camels back" to create an off topic forum. And I have to take credit for that thread.

    First off let me explain to Bike & Fish and any others not familiar of how the OC became to be. There were numerous threads being launched mainly in the General Discussion forum that were off topic. Meaning other than bike related. The mods had their hands full deleting them or sending them to the recycling bin. It got to be numerous threads every day being dealt with by the mods. It bacame apparent that an off topic forum was needed.

    Well the thread that "broke the camels back" so to speak was this thread in the General Discussion forum back in the day. This one was the last of the off topic threads that forced the decision to make an off topic forum.
    Man I miss the old M.T.B.R

    They then lauunched a thread to come up with a name for the impending forum. And after numerous ideas a vote was put to it and the name Off Camber stuck out and prevailed.
    If I were Hawg, I would say there you go trying to take all the credit again...

    That is interesting though, that there was no Off Topic forum at all... everyone needs to cut loose and fart in public once in a while. Sorry I wasn't around back then, but I'm here now and I'll do my best to contribute semi worthwhile banter now and then.

    Because I like it here.

    Even with all the burrito talk that is flying around right now...
    Live to Fish, now Love to Ride

  31. #31
    The Boat or The Bike?
    Reputation: Bike&Fish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1,475
    How about

    ...the "Everything other than biking, except politics and religion" forum? Or the EOTBEPAR forum.

    This was funny from the help name the Off Topic, I chuckled. And I'm not reading all those thread pages. I'm going to bed. You guys did good, and it's here now for me to enjoy. That's all I care about.
    Live to Fish, now Love to Ride

  32. #32
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    26,602
    Here's a classic from the OC early on. An "imaginary" camping trip that never took place. Yet people that weren't in the know and heard about it later on thought it did. Hilarious thread!
    Off Camber Imaginary Group ride and Camp Out...
    Progress: Just because we have always done it that way is no reason to keep doing it that way.

  33. #33
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    4,211
    I popped into the OC for a lurk when I first noticed it appear as a forum. In the first couple months, I remember most threads being fairly serious, or at least about real subject matter, even if goofy, but I have a bad memory. I lurked in whatever thread sounded interesting. Over the next couple months, the OC became all-jokes, all-the-time, featuring NSFW gifs. Then, as the rep wars ramped up, and nearing the dawn of the purge, things got downright surreal in here. You couldn't tell what was what…catfish or troll. Got cliquish. Lots of strutting. At times, intimidating. Then the thread D. Sanchez provided a link to arrived and….

    I have been posting in the OC for right around a year. The "purge" should really be rephrased as "the exodus" because, from my outsider perspective, only a small percentage of folks were forced out of here. Most left out of solidarity. I respect that, and do wish some of the lurkers would post more. Some good people gone. Honestly, I initially started posting in the OC more often because I saw this place emptying out and thought I'd pick up some slack until the drama of the purge blew over. Never did. Even still, good times can be had now and again.
    Last edited by Slow Danger; 11-01-2013 at 12:53 AM.

  34. #34
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    26,602
    SD I agree with all that except there is no drama in here anymore. No flame wars, no arguing. You say what you want without insulting someone seriously. Maybe raz some here and thwre but it's all in good humor. Or a serious post here and there. That's the beauty of it a serious thread can turn to a joke or vice versa. Nobody takes a joke seriously and goes off the handle. Unlike almost anywhere else on this site. You say the wrong joke out there and all hell breaks lose. Anything goes within reason.

    During the so called purge most of the banned members pushed their luck too far. Of course their were some that were banned for what they said was unjust. We don't know for sure. Others chose
    to leave out of pride. Not agreeing with the rules
    that were being more enforced at the time.

    My point of this thread was to let those that didn't experience those times to see what and how the OC came to be. Bringing out old threads for us that
    did experience them should just bring back good
    memories. And to see some old posts from some of our fallen that we don't hear from but miss. I personally laugh at some of the oldies and to me they don't get old but rather are a part of the
    history.

    If you notice in my initial post the thread I referred
    to as the thread that broke the camels back. That
    thread just happened to be the current ongoing
    off topic thread in the General Discussion forum,
    During the time they finally decided to start a new off topic forum. There were numerous off topic threads that were binned up to that point and were contributing facters in the final decision.

    If you read through that thread I faught and faught
    to allow off topic discussion in the General
    Discussion forum. Well that didn't work because
    they ended up opening up a new forum and calling
    it the Off Cambr / Off Topic forum. I thought it was
    the stupidest idea. To me General Discussion
    meant just that general discussion of everything.
    Well life went on and the new off topic sub forum
    took shape. Early on I avoided it only checking in a
    couple times a week. After a month or two I found
    myself over here more often. Then more and more
    until finally I realized as much as I like bikes I also
    enjoy most all other subjects. And the great humor
    displayed over here. Sure early on before the
    purge it was much more drama filled. But there
    was always that lighthearted humorous side that
    kept me coming back for more.

    Then after the so called purge the forum went
    through several changes. More people left and
    others came in. It's in a constant state of change.
    But all in all I think the up's outweigh the down's
    and it all equals out. So as it turns out I'm way glad
    they chose this route of making a new sub forum
    for off topic discussion. And the best part is if you
    don't want to leave this forum you can still talk
    bikes over in Hawgs bike thread volume 1,2,3 and
    soon to be 4.
    Progress: Just because we have always done it that way is no reason to keep doing it that way.

  35. #35
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    4,211
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    SD I agree with all that except there is no drama in here anymore. No flame wars, no arguing. You say what you want without insulting someone seriously.
    Oh, DJ, I just meant that I was waiting for the "drama" of the "purge" to pass. When it was happening, I kind of thought it would blow over and things would get back to a new kind of normal. I guess it has, but I expected more of the wandering sons and daughters of the OC would return. So when I say the drama never ended, I mean the folks never really came back, and those who have often like to remind everyone that the OC sucks now. I agree there are fewer pissing matches in the OC than are found in the other forums. However, if you do want a pissing match in the OC, just bring up the purge.

  36. #36
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    24,145
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    SD I agree with all that except there is no drama in here anymore. No flame wars, no arguing. You say what you want without insulting someone seriously. Maybe raz some here and thwre but it's all in good humor. Or a serious post here and there. That's the beauty of it a serious thread can turn to a joke or vice versa. Nobody takes a joke seriously and goes off the handle. Unlike almost anywhere else on this site. You say the wrong joke out there and all hell breaks lose. Anything goes within reason.

    During the so called purge most of the banned members pushed their luck too far. Of course their were some that were banned for what they said was unjust. We don't know for sure. Others chose
    to leave out of pride. Not agreeing with the rules
    that were being more enforced at the time.

    My point of this thread was to let those that didn't experience those times to see what and how the OC came to be. Bringing out old threads for us that
    did experience them should just bring back good
    memories. And to see some old posts from some of our fallen that we don't hear from but miss. I personally laugh at some of the oldies and to me they don't get old but rather are a part of the
    history.

    If you notice in my initial post the thread I referred
    to as the thread that broke the camels back. That
    thread just happened to be the current ongoing
    off topic thread in the General Discussion forum,
    During the time they finally decided to start a new off topic forum. There were numerous off topic threads that were binned up to that point and were contributing facters in the final decision.

    If you read through that thread I faught and faught
    to allow off topic discussion in the General
    Discussion forum. Well that didn't work because
    they ended up opening up a new forum and calling
    it the Off Cambr / Off Topic forum. I thought it was
    the stupidest idea. To me General Discussion
    meant just that general discussion of everything.
    Well life went on and the new off topic sub forum
    took shape. Early on I avoided it only checking in a
    couple times a week. After a month or two I found
    myself over here more often. Then more and more
    until finally I realized as much as I like bikes I also
    enjoy most all other subjects. And the great humor
    displayed over here. Sure early on before the
    purge it was much more drama filled. But there
    was always that lighthearted humorous side that
    kept me coming back for more.

    Then after the so called purge the forum went
    through several changes. More people left and
    others came in. It's in a constant state of change.
    But all in all I think the up's outweigh the down's
    and it all equals out. So as it turns out I'm way glad
    they chose this route of making a new sub forum
    for off topic discussion. And the best part is if you
    don't want to leave this forum you can still talk
    bikes over in Hawgs bike thread volume 1,2,3 and
    soon to be 4.
    DJ, these are some of your best words ever.

    The truth is nothing stays the same. This place is ever evolving, just as you stated above.

    I was gonna start a new thread asking the members here who have been here all along (and who are complaining) why they think it's not as good as it was and what could be done to make it better but after reading your words above, I see no need for that. You've shed light on everything here for the old members and the new ones.

    Perfection, my friend!

  37. #37
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    24,145
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty $anchez View Post
    I post very infrequently here as of late. The slapstick routine is tired, very tired and not all that stimulating either. Every passing week there are fewer and fewer active participants. Notice any glaring examples of missing peeps? I do. Stagnant is a word that seems very applicable imo.
    You've said this in the past, and it got better. Heck, you've even worded your reply this time as though you somehow know it will get better again.

    Off Camber: Think "rollercoaster ride"

  38. #38
    "2 Wycked"
    Reputation: crazy03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    986
    Quote Originally Posted by The Understater View Post
    I was lurking but not posting at the time. I wandered off to a motorcycle forum for a while before finding my way back home.
    Well, I did just the opposite. I posted all the time....it used to be a really fun place with all the crazy personalities, then it just got boring with all the bullsh*t. Now I just lurk from time to time, still lots of good info to be found here.
    Ahhhh...Ahhhh....it's the hammy, it's the hammy!!

  39. #39
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    24,145
    I need this place to be on an up and down basis. I need it to suck sometimes. It's the only way I can get off my a$$ and be productive.

  40. #40
    Rabid Lana fan
    Reputation: net wurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    8,430
    In the good ole days of the OC, it seems no mattter the thread title, someone would always post a mocking photoshop job to enhance the thread.

    I liked Heyall's christmas tree presents thread last year, that was fun.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Straw That Broke The Camels Back.-straw-camel.jpg  

    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt I here
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt II here

  41. #41
    Ride More, Work Less
    Reputation: heyyall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,775

    The Straw That Broke The Camels Back.

    It will be time to deck the halls with Photoshop fun very soon.
    Craigslist & MTBR --free ads for all

  42. #42
    rubber side down
    Reputation: TAOS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    508
    this trip down mammary lane is fun....tell us more stories while I stoke the camp fire



    /sarcasm
    Quote Originally Posted by misterbill View Post
    You must be really bored if you have read this entire post.

  43. #43
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ghettocop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,395
    I stopped reading this forum when some of you started gang-repping people, and all the threads were created for the sole purpose of increasing rep power. I also thought it was funny when you would hatch schemes here to troll other forums on the board. Like this was a completely different website or something. Great times!

  44. #44
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    4,211
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishartbicycles View Post
    The good ole days were not even two years ago and you guys are already getting sentimental?

    Touching.
    Well, it is not even two years in internet time.

  45. #45
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,267
    Quote Originally Posted by ghettocop View Post
    I stopped reading this forum when some of you started gang-repping people, and all the threads were created for the sole purpose of increasing rep power. I also thought it was funny when you would hatch schemes here to troll other forums on the board. Like this was a completely different website or something. Great times!



    Yes, sad to admit I took part in a lot of the shenanigans. They should have perma banned the lot of us and I find it somewhat odd that this is conveniently left out when retelling the history of the "glory days". Fact is, most of us are tools that shouldn't even be here (myself included). Great times indeed. (hangs head in shame). Back to lurking.

  46. #46
    mtbr member
    Reputation: 53119's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    3,261
    is there an OC dream team? my introduction to the OC was reading hawg, dj, netwurker, heyyall, tone's, and nicole.

  47. #47
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    26,602
    Quote Originally Posted by ghettocop View Post
    I stopped reading this forum when some of you started gang-repping people, and all the threads were created for the sole purpose of increasing rep power. I also thought it was funny when you would hatch schemes here to troll other forums on the board. Like this was a completely different website or
    something. Great times!
    This crap I didn't know was taking place until someone was banned for it. And I heard about it through someone's post. I never participated in any neg rep gang rape. In fact I don't and have never neg repped someone first. Back in the day when repping was anonymous if I wasn't absolutely positive of who neg repped me I just blew it off. And I bet in the history of my repping I could count on one hand the number of neg reps I handed out. I've always been if you don't have something nice or positive to say don't say anything at all. Of course sarcasm is allowed and encouraged. And anyone with half a sense of humor can differentiate between sarcasm and blaitent asshat remarks.

    And once someone goes down that asshat remark highway it's best just to ignore it. Some didn't and flame wars developed hense people get banned. I'm not saying I never participated any said flame wars. But the ones I did I knew when it was time to cool it.
    <<<<<< And yes that's a banana riding a fixie no handed, any questions?
    Last edited by DIRTJUNKIE; 11-01-2013 at 01:32 PM.
    Progress: Just because we have always done it that way is no reason to keep doing it that way.

  48. #48
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    26,602
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    DJ, these are some of your best words ever.

    The truth is nothing stays the same. This place is ever evolving, just as you stated above.

    I was gonna start a new thread asking the
    members here who have been here all along (and who are complaining) why they think it's not as good as it was and what could be done to make it better but after reading your words above, I see no need for that. You've shed light on everything here for the old members and the new ones.

    Perfection, my friend!

    Why thank-you but I can't take credit for that
    entire post. I smacked my head on my truck door
    frame yesterday, and I may have jarred something loose.
    Progress: Just because we have always done it that way is no reason to keep doing it that way.

  49. #49
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Fishbucket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2,259
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    I smacked my head on my truck door
    frame yesterday,.

    OMG !!!! .... is the Truck OK!!??

  50. #50
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    24,145
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishartbicycles View Post
    It pretty much crashed and burned when you crackerheads started to troll other forums because you were bored with each other, which I find pretty amusing...
    ...at least you were amused. BTW, how do you know anything about the past here and in such detail, being that you only signed up in Oct 2013? BUSTED sock!!!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 24
    Last Post: 10-15-2014, 03:16 PM
  2. Give some time back to get Boulder trails back open
    By Jdub in forum Colorado - Front Range
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 09-30-2013, 08:32 PM
  3. Replies: 31
    Last Post: 09-09-2013, 05:00 PM
  4. Replies: 23
    Last Post: 07-24-2013, 08:54 PM
  5. OT: Provincial Elections Straw Poll!
    By garage monster in forum Eastern Canada
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-05-2011, 05:02 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •