Page 34 of 136 FirstFirst ... 24 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 44 84 134 ... LastLast

Thread: So.

parenting for gnarness
    Quote Originally Posted by Grinderz View Post

Disclaimer: When I cant ride, I get really REALLY bored - which is when the internet becomes a dangerous place for the bystanders such as those on MTBR
    +1
    too much work, kids. this responsible dad crap sucks!!! i coulda been on a night ride but noooooooooooooooo, gotta like feed them and stuff.

Gumnut Peddler
    Quote Originally Posted by chollaball View Post
    +1
    too much work, kids. this responsible dad crap sucks!!! i coulda been on a night ride but noooooooooooooooo, gotta like feed them and stuff.
    Agreed. Have 2 sprogs at this end that require a lot of attention
    Burning fat, not oil.

AZ
    banned
    Zero, that is the expected temp. in the morning. Or is that lack of temp?

Oh, a "little" green for ya.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails So.-funny-people-shopping-walmart-part-52_00.jpg  

Gumnut Peddler
    All the green I have left to offer you guys for the next 24 hours:

Burning fat, not oil.

official eMpTyBRain
    Quote Originally Posted by osokolo View Post
    ^^^ can someone turn on the fan in her room? now?
    please
    Just ask her to roll over
    ...and proud member of the anti-sock puppet desolation

mtbr member
    10 up, 10 down. I'm out for the night. I'm sure I'll dream well...

banned
    Sep 2012
    +1
    Good job. You need some rep but it says I still can't rep you....

parenting for gnarness
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ.MTNS View Post
    Zero, that is the expected temp. in the morning. Or is that lack of temp?

Oh, a "little" green for ya.
    do you ski or board? must be pretty good this week up in the Whites? Wolf Creek got 6 feet this week, trying to pull it together with a few others for a quick trip this weekend.

AZ
    banned
    do you ski or board? must be pretty good this week up in the Whites? Wolf Creek got 6 feet this week, trying to pull it together with a few others for a quick trip this weekend.

The snow fall has been weak and it keeps warming up just enough to melt what we have been getting. We'll see what the storm X-mas eve brings.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    High winds and rain forecast here...bah humbug! Had to use all the green snowballs I saved in the freezer.

official eMpTyBRain
    It's back to clear weather here with cool temps until Sunday when the next storm arrives.

I rubbed a few of my green boogers on who I could today. Enjoy them!!
    ...and proud member of the anti-sock puppet desolation

banned
    Sep 2012
    So.... I gave out 3 more greens. YAY

For the rest:

Fat & Single
    Wolf Creek got 6 feet this week, trying to pull it together with a few others for a quick trip this weekend.
    Wolf Creek

A classic must see Aussie film.... it gave me goose bumps watching the trailer, scarey stuff.

Ti O'Beast
    Indy Fab
    One9
    Dirty Disco CX

No Stranger to danger....
    ^^^^ yep pretty good film Ozzy, it was a massive hit, and put off about 10k of tourists coming to the country as an added bonus lol
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....

Loves to suffer
    Quote Originally Posted by nvphatty View Post
    Sounds like good fun to me, little bonding with yer toys huh I would enjoy watching you damage trails as the view is always better from behind yes?
    Yes, I always enjoy a good bike maintenance session. I like to give my bikes some love every once in a while, since they give me so much happiness in return.

The road bike got a new SRAM PC-850 8-speed chain. I have had the best luck with SRAM chains. The last PC-850 that was on that bike lasted for over two years of grueling climbs before it finally stretched to .5 after last weekend's climbs.

Even though the LBS and other people scolded me for not giving my chain a thorough cleaning on a regular basis, I got plenty of life out of it with nothing more than Dumonde Tech Lite chain lube and wiping off the excess with paper towels. That's the extent of my "cleaning".

The singlespeed has new Gatorskins, Velox rim tape to replace the cheap rubber rim strips, and properly adjusted rear brake pads. A little work with my round files took care of that problem .

The headset was so loose I don't think they ever bothered to tighten it down properly when they built the bike.

My Sirrus now has a Garmin GSC-10 speed/cadence sensor. I may put one on the singlespeed in the future, but I'm not sure yet. I should probably put one on my mtb, as I get grossly inaccurate readings on that bike all the time.

As far as the view from behind, I wear baggies so there ain't nuttin' to see!

~Disc~Golf~
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    ... and put off about 10k of tourists coming to the country as an added bonus lol
    wait...you don't want tourists??
    Honestly... ahh I give up

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by freighttrainuphill View Post
    Yes, I always enjoy a good bike maintenance session. I like to give my bikes some love every once in a while, since they give me so much happiness in return.

The road bike got a new SRAM PC-850 8-speed chain. I have had the best luck with SRAM chains. The last PC-850 that was on that bike lasted for over two years of grueling climbs before it finally stretched to .5 after last weekend's climbs.

Even though the LBS and other people scolded me for not giving my chain a thorough cleaning on a regular basis, I got plenty of life out of it with nothing more than Dumonde Tech Lite chain lube and wiping off the excess with paper towels. That's the extent of my "cleaning".

The singlespeed has new Gatorskins, Velox rim tape to replace the cheap rubber rim strips, and properly adjusted rear brake pads. A little work with my round files took care of that problem .

The headset was so loose I don't think they ever bothered to tighten it down properly when they built the bike.

My Sirrus now has a Garmin GSC-10 speed/cadence sensor. I may put one on the singlespeed in the future, but I'm not sure yet. I should probably put one on my mtb, as I get grossly inaccurate readings on that bike all the time.

As far as the view from behind, I wear baggies so there ain't nuttin' to see!
    very true. I had a lill bit today meself but for the most part i try and stay on top of it.

Baggies eah does your riding partner enjoy them??

Loves to suffer
    Baggies eah does your riding partner enjoy them??
    I despise polyester and tight clothes. I can't stand the feel of spandex, so I refuse to wear it.

Unfortunately, my riding partner is married so I'll never know I'm just glad his wife is okay with us riding together. Some women are so jealous and possessive that they freak out if their husbands/boyfriends associate with other women in any way.

duh
    just finished a green rampage
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Fat & Single
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    ^^^^ yep pretty good film Ozzy, it was a massive hit, and put off about 10k of tourists coming to the country as an added bonus lol
    Even my missus refuses to go see Wolfe Creek crater, we are planning to do a top-end trip when i get long service leave, i said up the Tanami track to Wolfe creek.... she says i'll be going on my own
    Ti O'Beast
    Indy Fab
    One9
    Dirty Disco CX

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by freighttrainuphill View Post
    I despise polyester and tight clothes. I can't stand the feel of spandex, so I refuse to wear it.

Unfortunately, my riding partner is married so I'll never know I'm just glad his wife is okay with us riding together. Some women are so jealous and possessive that they freak out if their husbands/boyfriends associate with other women in any way.
    spandex on my roadie always but rarely on the mtb.... i've not had the SO issues but can see how that would happen.

Bro
    Where I do my thinking
    i see what you did there, come 90mi and we can ride snow covered mtns...or I head your way for the hills surrounding auburn.
    I took those last two big storms as a sign to put the bikes away and start skiing. And then when I picked up my ski boots, it started snowing!

So I went up to Boreal for a bit of night skiing a little while ago. Say what you want about Boreal, but 14+ inches of fresh snow and no lift lines at all was the very definition of awesome.

Actually, that's not entirely true. I had to wait for two people in front of me once at the lift. So there was a line at one point.
    I've made some bad decisions like taking the gears off my bike. So here's the warning: Do not as I say, nor as I do.

Dissolved member
    ^ reported

Sup
    SO it snowed today thicker than spam
    I'm so stoked I'm all repped out by 6:15 am
    Too bad I'm working
    I want to play

Sj
    I am slow therefore I am

No Stranger to danger....
    QUESTION.

Out of the Butcher, the Baker, and the Candle stick maker, Who wouldnt you trust to be behind you if you were all in the tub together?

And why were these three in a tub together?
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....

Page 34 of 136 FirstFirst ... 24 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 44 84 134 ... LastLast