thread crapper
    Feb 2008

Sirius/XM What do you listen to?

I gave up on listening to the same crap every 3 hours and a very limited selection of stations when living in remote places, so I got Sirius years ago. I have some stuff I listen to regularly other than the music and I'm just curious if anyone else listens to it too. Any C&R listeners? Ellis?

I have had it for awhile, but am dropping service for the sat radio and keeping the online streaming. I am not a fan of the car mounting options that I have in my car.

thread crapper
    Feb 2008
    I can understand that. I did a more "custom" install with mine and it's hidden other than the antenna. They make some kits that allow you to keep the "stock" radio and run the Sat controls through it. Mine does my Apple stuff and Sirius.

I have the online stuff, but it's been really screwing up lately. I can't listen to ESPN on the iphone for more than about 10 mins before the app crashes and the desktop version hasn't been much better lately.

my head unit is not compatible with any of that stuff. so going in-dash would require a lot of expense and labor. not what I want to deal with.

I have had the XM skydock for my ipod touch as my radio for the past few years. I like it, but it's got SERIOUSLY limited mounting options. it has to plug into the cigarette adapter and there's not much else you can do. My current car is sorta okay for it, but the only way it'll fit in the center console that way lets it move to much. it's annoying.

my wife just ordered a Subaru XV Crosstrek and the skydock WILL NOT WORK on that car. period. not going to get another radio for her car, so just dropping the service. that car has a nice USB connection for the ipod, so I will be fine with it. I can still use the skydock on my car as just a regular dock for my ipod so I'm not too bothered.

I do like a good bit of programming on there, though. Deep Tracks, Bluesville, Spectrum, Classic Vinyl, etc.

see me rollin, they hatin
    when it comes to music, then my sorry ass is stuck in the 90s. so, Lithium
    fap

thread crapper
    Feb 2008
    I'm usually on Lithium, Octane, or Faction. When I'm not listening to some of the talk stuff. I work alone, so I need to hear people talking I think.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Music is Octane, Lithium, Faction, Area and the highway when i'm in the mood for country. Long drives I'l listen to Ellis if he's on for an hour or two
    Keep access to public lands open.
    http://30daysofbikingerie.blogspot.com/