Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 51 to 100 of 185
  1. #51
    Rabid Lana fan
    Reputation: net wurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    8,583
    Fun fact: Enduro MAX bearings have an anti-corrosion black oxide finish.
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt I here
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt II here

  2. #52
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Crankyone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    398
    Quote Originally Posted by net wurker View Post
    You know what never gets old to me? Folks that can play finger-style guitar.

    Check this kid out.

    very cool!
    I think about how it must feel to play left handed, but, hell, I can't play it with either hand.

  3. #53
    Co Springs
    Reputation: bachman1961's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    535
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    I had a great ride today but I'm going to bed so you'll have to hear about it tomorrow, in the OC.

    Bummer about your derailleur.
    Gosh. He said you weren't supposed to read about that here !
    In the Middle Ages, the biggest mistake was not putting on your armor because you were 'just going down to the corner.'

  4. #54
    mtbr member
    Reputation: targnik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    3,767
    New thread name:
    This message is hidden because :insert-name-here: is on your ignore list.

    Sent from my kltedv using Tapatalk
    to err is human... to face plant is frickin hilarious!!

  5. #55
    gone walk about
    Reputation: nvphatty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    9,420
    And some are just born grumpy. Insane crap posting in the OC was last year? I thought it has been the norm since the introduction of the OC. Apparently few have a sense of humor in here anymore.
    "ORANGE IS THE NEW BLACK"

  6. #56
    Co Springs
    Reputation: bachman1961's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    535
    Making a TO-DO list that keeps growing because I'm too lazy to knock some of it out ....

    that shit's getting old quick
    In the Middle Ages, the biggest mistake was not putting on your armor because you were 'just going down to the corner.'

  7. #57
    mtbr member
    Reputation: SLBikes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    678
    Quote Originally Posted by chazpat View Post
    So how come they were willing to change Hawg's username but not GiantTurd's? Maybe 'cause he already had them change it once before when he misspelled "Giant"?
    Yea, WTH, damn conspiracy. Maybe it is because I picked a normal name, maybe should have gone with DoucheNozzle!

    Should have left it GaintTurd.

  8. #58
    mtbr mumbler
    Reputation: chazpat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,128
    Quote Originally Posted by bachman1961 View Post
    Making a TO-DO list that keeps growing because I'm too lazy to knock some of it out ....

    that shit's getting old quick
    My TO-DO list keeps growing even though I'm killing myself trying to keep up because my wife can add things to it much, much quicker than I can get any of it done.
    2014 Santa Cruz Superlight 29
    2005 Jamis Dragon
    2003 Jamis Dakota XC converted to single speed

  9. #59
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ravewoofer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    185

    This shit's getting old quick, thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by net wurker View Post
    We need Nicole back.

    Then everyone would flock here at a chance to talk with her.
    Oy, wha chu talkin' about? We have Cyclelicious! Mo betta.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #60
    mtbr member
    Reputation: DaveRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    121
    Quote Originally Posted by net wurker View Post
    Aw, come on. The FLILF is a tiny bit more eloquent than that. Hahaha.

  11. #61
    Co Springs
    Reputation: bachman1961's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    535
    Quote Originally Posted by chazpat View Post
    My TO-DO list keeps growing even though I'm killing myself trying to keep up because my wife can add things to it much, much quicker than I can get any of it done.
    Just think of getting her stuff accomplished as Marriage Maintenance.
    In the Middle Ages, the biggest mistake was not putting on your armor because you were 'just going down to the corner.'

  12. #62
    western NC
    Reputation: HPIguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,527
    Quote Originally Posted by net wurker View Post
    You know what never gets old to me? Folks that can play finger-style guitar.

    Check this kid out.
    I always enjoyed this kind of stuff. People such as Andy McKee and the like for original stuff.


  13. #63
    High Desert MTBer
    Reputation: rockerc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4,963
    What's pretty damned old is that in a thread with such high potential as the "is this weird" thread, people end up discussing the merits of the Upper Peninsula... I mean, everyone knows that's a sh*t place!
    It's all Here. Now.

  14. #64
    gone walk about
    Reputation: nvphatty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    9,420
    Quote Originally Posted by net wurker View Post
    We need Nicole back.

    Then everyone would flock here at a chance to talk with her.
    ummm, nooooooo
    "ORANGE IS THE NEW BLACK"

  15. #65
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Crankout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,093
    Things get old quickly in our fast-paced society. My kids tell me that a song from last summer is considered old.
    Stick around if you're housebroken...

  16. #66
    gone walk about
    Reputation: nvphatty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    9,420
    Quote Originally Posted by Crankout View Post
    Things get old quickly in our fast-paced society. My kids tell me that a song from last summer is considered old.
    did you believe them??
    "ORANGE IS THE NEW BLACK"

  17. #67
    mtbr member
    Reputation: theMeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,445
    Imo
    To newbs it does seem like a closed group somewhat. It's a narrow path in. If they come across as having great oc entertainment value then everyone and their mother joins in on giving their 2 cents on the odds that the newb is a sock, or troll. If they don't have that shock and awe that the oc is driven by, than nobody notices them. Not to mention walking that tight rope with the mods.
    For the old timers, imo, there seems to be double standards as far as the rules, and what some get away with easily, others get banned without any noticeable warning or explanation. Some old timers feel they have added much to oc, therefore the site, therefore the site's draw, that they deserve some respect. While others jump on the mods side and join in on the beat up the member squad in a junior hs way. I present to you AZ as an example of that. Too many ppl holding onto too much butthurt.
    Then the secret society stuff, like AZ is still here but under another name, but you're not cool enough or smart enough to be previe to those details. Or HK, the other site, that everyone seems scared to mention.
    Bottom line is....mtbing is fun and exiting, and if fellow mtbers can come to a place and share and expand on that lifestyle all good. But unlike mtbing where the consequences are reel and for the most part predictable. Like if you take a corner too quick and wreck. In the oc it seems those boundaries are vague.
    Round and round we go

  18. #68
    mtbr member
    Reputation: 53119's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    3,285
    random- where'd tone's go and i used to remember more bacon in the oc

  19. #69
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    3
    I lurk in here occasionally. I would post in some threads but I'm afraid I'd catch something.

  20. #70
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    28,596
    Quote Originally Posted by theMeat View Post
    Bottom line is....mtbing is fun and exiting, and if fellow mtbers can come to a place and share and expand on that lifestyle all good. But unlike mtbing where the consequences are reel and for the most part predictable. Like if you take a corner too quick and wreck. In the oc it seems those boundaries are vague.
    There's a thread over in the General Discussion forum that explains just that. I think it's called a Front End Tuck.
    Quote Originally Posted by NDD View Post
    Dude, I'm in Illinois. The only place anyone would come from that would say this area is hilly is Kansas.

  21. #71
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    609
    Took my first ride of the year yesterday and my go to trail has a bunch of shortcuts already. WTH. Of course none of them make the trail more interesting, just easier. Lazy SOBs.

    Rant Over.

  22. #72
    Meatbomb
    Reputation: Phillbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    5,711
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  23. #73
    gone walk about
    Reputation: nvphatty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    9,420
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    There's a thread over in the General Discussion forum that explains just that. I think it's called a Front End Tuck.
    i had a frontal lobotomy once is this the same concept?
    "ORANGE IS THE NEW BLACK"

  24. #74
    gone walk about
    Reputation: nvphatty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    9,420
    Quote Originally Posted by Brodino View Post
    Took my first ride of the year yesterday and my go to trail has a bunch of shortcuts already. WTH. Of course none of them make the trail more interesting, just easier. Lazy SOBs.

    Rant Over.
    don't ya just despise this sort of laziness?? bet the parents are as well.
    "ORANGE IS THE NEW BLACK"

  25. #75
    ****** to the dirt
    Reputation: deke505's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    5,113
    Quote Originally Posted by John Kuhl View Post
    The older I get the less sh*t I can put up with.
    you can say shit if you want eh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    There's some strange folk out there 'bouts. They have no sense of humor.
    My Blog

  26. #76
    ****** to the dirt
    Reputation: deke505's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    5,113
    Quote Originally Posted by Crankout View Post
    Things get old quickly in our fast-paced society. My kids tell me that a song from last summer is considered old.
    you mean your kids haven't told you that, you are old, yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    There's some strange folk out there 'bouts. They have no sense of humor.
    My Blog

  27. #77
    Co Springs
    Reputation: bachman1961's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    535
    Quote Originally Posted by baddest grandpa View Post
    I lurk in here occasionally. I would post in some threads but I'm afraid I'd catch something.
    Oh, you can think of something to say... Say 2 things. Hell- it'll double your post count
    In the Middle Ages, the biggest mistake was not putting on your armor because you were 'just going down to the corner.'

  28. #78
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    28,596
    Quote Originally Posted by bachman1961 View Post
    Oh, you can think of something to say... Say 2 things. Hell- it'll double your post count
    Not in here it won't. A couple of years ago they decided the OC wasn't rich content enough to earn rep or to add post count. Gotta love it.
    Quote Originally Posted by NDD View Post
    Dude, I'm in Illinois. The only place anyone would come from that would say this area is hilly is Kansas.

  29. #79
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,579
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    Not in here it won't. A couple of years ago they decided the OC wasn't rich content enough to earn rep or to add post count. Gotta love it.
    Gotta say, I find that a bit baffling. What's the point? Seems all the long term members end up here.
    It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

  30. #80
    Meatbomb
    Reputation: Phillbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    5,711
    Rich content...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails This shit's getting old quick, thread.-document.jpg  


  31. #81
    Co Springs
    Reputation: bachman1961's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    535
    Quote Originally Posted by theMeat View Post
    Imo
    To newbs it does seem like a closed group somewhat. It's a narrow path in. If they come across as having great oc entertainment value then everyone and their mother joins in on giving their 2 cents on the odds that the newb is a sock, or troll. If they don't have that shock and awe that the oc is driven by, than nobody notices them. Not to mention walking that tight rope with the mods.
    For the old timers, imo, there seems to be double standards as far as the rules, and what some get away with easily, others get banned without any noticeable warning or explanation. Some old timers feel they have added much to oc, therefore the site, therefore the site's draw, that they deserve some respect. While others jump on the mods side and join in on the beat up the member squad in a junior hs way. I present to you AZ as an example of that. Too many ppl holding onto too much butthurt.
    Then the secret society stuff, like AZ is still here but under another name, but you're not cool enough or smart enough to be previe to those details. Or HK, the other site, that everyone seems scared to mention.
    Bottom line is....mtbing is fun and exiting, and if fellow mtbers can come to a place and share and expand on that lifestyle all good. But unlike mtbing where the consequences are reel and for the most part predictable. Like if you take a corner too quick and wreck. In the oc it seems those boundaries are vague.
    Interesting and helpful perspective.
    I suppose lurkers are many since the enjoyment or entertainment can be a bit of a spectator sport. That point where it's fun to join in is a slippery slope in as much as many have experienced that moment where you think you have the perfect .02 cents or the ultimate funny, sarcastic or ironic response to add. The risk of ringing flat or feeling nudged out and unsupported might outweigh the risk of throwing yourself into the wind.

    My intro to MTBR was 02 or 03 when I was starting to cram for knowledge and input about mtn bikes. I was excited to be in CO and thrilled to read of the rides and experiences of others. Vicarious voyeur ?

    I wanted those thrills outside on the trails rather than clunking around on a rigid old steel frame that was slightly too big and with no riding talent or experience. Sure, it must have been the bike. I needed to buy a new one !!

    In the Middle Ages, the biggest mistake was not putting on your armor because you were 'just going down to the corner.'

  32. #82
    Co Springs
    Reputation: bachman1961's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    535
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    Not in here it won't. A couple of years ago they decided the OC wasn't rich content enough to earn rep or to add post count. Gotta love it.
    Insights noted and appreciated; Nuthin's like it used to be.

    This shit's getting old quick.
    In the Middle Ages, the biggest mistake was not putting on your armor because you were 'just going down to the corner.'

  33. #83
    Rabid Lana fan
    Reputation: net wurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    8,583
    Quote Originally Posted by WHALENARD View Post
    What's the point?
    Well, otherwise, THIS would have happened. If you can't see the danger in that, don't ever apply for a mod position here.

    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt I here
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt II here

  34. #84
    occ member
    Reputation: Cornfield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,971
    The real reason for posts not counting and no rep in the OC was that the admin saw the OC as a place to pad post count and rep. Add a word threads were shut down because of this. There were also a few threads that existed for the purpose of +reping other members for no reason that also got closed. This is why some of us have so much rep.

    IIRC, the admins were actually thinking of closing the OC, but the regulars decided to give up rep and post count to keep it open.

    I certainly didn't give a crap about rep one way or the other, and was just happy to have something to do and have the interaction with others. You look for interaction with like minded people when you have to leave your friends and move form SoCal to a place like the mid west, lol!

  35. #85
    Afric Pepperbird
    Reputation: dirt farmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    4,731
    I am ABSOLUTELY CONVINCED one of you clowns has wiretapped my office.

  36. #86
    Co Springs
    Reputation: bachman1961's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    535
    Quote Originally Posted by rockerc View Post
    What's pretty damned old is that in a thread with such high potential as the "is this weird" thread, people end up discussing the merits of the Upper Peninsula... I mean, everyone knows that's a sh*t place!
    Plenty of scenery, winter, gambling and alcohol up there. You went with the wrong tour group I guess.
    It's also the gateway to fleeing the country by way of Canada.

    See damit, you got me arguing again !!
    In the Middle Ages, the biggest mistake was not putting on your armor because you were 'just going down to the corner.'

  37. #87
    Meatbomb
    Reputation: Phillbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    5,711
    Quote Originally Posted by dirt farmer View Post
    I am ABSOLUTELY CONVINCED one of you clowns has wiretapped my office.

    ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails This shit's getting old quick, thread.-shaker.jpg  


  38. #88
    NDD
    NDD is online now
    Baby boy
    Reputation: NDD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,113
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    Rich content...
    Well f*ck a duck!

    My dad used to say that every day. I guess this pup took it to heart.
    i am basically just an organic pattern recognition algorithm

  39. #89
    Rabid Lana fan
    Reputation: net wurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    8,583
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornfield View Post
    The real reason for posts not counting and no rep in the OC was that the admin saw the OC as a place to pad post count and rep. Add a word threads were shut down because of this. There were also a few threads that existed for the purpose of +reping other members for no reason that also got closed. This is why some of us have so much rep.

    IIRC, the admins were actually thinking of closing the OC, but the regulars decided to give up rep and post count to keep it open.

    I certainly didn't give a crap about rep one way or the other, and was just happy to have something to do and have the interaction with others. You look for interaction with like minded people when you have to leave your friends and move form SoCal to a place like the mid west, lol!

    Good post. pos repped (well, I tried, anyway)


    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt I here
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt II here

  40. #90
    Cleavage Of The Tetons
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,935
    I get less grumpy the skinnier I get.
    I'm ****ing grumpy right now.
    "We LOVE cows! They make trails for us.....

    And then we eat them."

  41. #91
    Co Springs
    Reputation: bachman1961's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    535
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornfield View Post
    The real reason for posts not counting and no rep in the OC was that the admin saw the OC as a place to pad post count and rep. Add a word threads were shut down because of this. There were also a few threads that existed for the purpose of +reping other members for no reason that also got closed. This is why some of us have so much rep.

    IIRC, the admins were actually thinking of closing the OC, but the regulars decided to give up rep and post count to keep it open.

    I certainly didn't give a crap about rep one way or the other, and was just happy to have something to do and have the interaction with others. You look for interaction with like minded people when you have to leave your friends and move form SoCal to a place like the mid west, lol!
    Sound words. It seems like a worthy trade-off to me for keeping the thread going. I work at night and it's refreshing to see some fun things to read and follow or join in. Especially related to a sport or recreation that has the presence and resources like mtbr.
    A sports car forum I get to now and then has a thread called Post Whoring where you can type in a few comments each and blow up your count. That isn't the bread and butter of sources for knowledge, solid advice and members there though. Lots of the big count people are long gone and it really didn't mean anything.
    In the Middle Ages, the biggest mistake was not putting on your armor because you were 'just going down to the corner.'

  42. #92
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,579
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornfield View Post
    The real reason for posts not counting and no rep in the OC was that the admin saw the OC as a place to pad post count and rep. Add a word threads were shut down because of this. There were also a few threads that existed for the purpose of +reping other members for no reason that also got closed. This is why some of us have so much rep.

    IIRC, the admins were actually thinking of closing the OC, but the regulars decided to give up rep and post count to keep it open.

    I certainly didn't give a crap about rep one way or the other, and was just happy to have something to do and have the interaction with others. You look for interaction with like minded people when you have to leave your friends and move form SoCal to a place like the mid west, lol!
    That's what I'm saying. The idea that post count or "rep" somehow implies a member has more valid bike advice is laughable. Some people spend far to much time on the internet...oh wait a minute...
    It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

  43. #93
    Afric Pepperbird
    Reputation: dirt farmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    4,731
    °ɯǝɥʇ ɥʇᴉʍ ǝɯɐɔ ʇɐɥʇ sʇǝlɔᴉɥɔ ǝɥʇ ǝɹɐ s∀

    °sǝᴉsuɐd ɹoɟ 'sɐʍ puɐ 'sᴉ dǝɹ

  44. #94
    occ member
    Reputation: Cornfield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,971
    Sometimes you need a break from looking at bike parts.

    So threads ftw!

  45. #95
    Rabid Lana fan
    Reputation: net wurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    8,583
    Moar fingerstyle guitar!

    A Lana Del Rey classic.

    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt I here
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt II here

  46. #96
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    28,596
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornfield View Post
    Sometimes you need a break from looking at bike parts.

    So threads ftw!
    Which is the beauty of the OC. Every topic within reason can be discussed. Most of us venture out and get our bike fill then return here for the latest in world events and then some.
    Quote Originally Posted by NDD View Post
    Dude, I'm in Illinois. The only place anyone would come from that would say this area is hilly is Kansas.

  47. #97
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,579
    Quote Originally Posted by net wurker View Post
    Moar fingerstyle guitar!

    A Lana Del Rey classic.

    That's rad. Definitely evokes a very specific emotion.
    I left a positive message in your negative rep
    It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

  48. #98
    Rabid Lana fan
    Reputation: net wurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    8,583
    Quote Originally Posted by net wurker View Post
    We need Nicole back.

    Then everyone would flock here at a chance to talk with her.
    Quote Originally Posted by nvphatty View Post
    ummm, nooooooo
    wut, you no like the Nicole?

    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt I here
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt II here

  49. #99
    mtbr member
    Reputation: theMeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,445
    Quote Originally Posted by rockerc View Post
    What's pretty damned old is that in a thread with such high potential as the "is this weird" thread, people end up discussing the merits of the Upper Peninsula... I mean, everyone knows that's a sh*t place!
    Don't understand that, the U.P. Is awesome!
    Round and round we go

  50. #100
    gone walk about
    Reputation: nvphatty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    9,420
    Not in here it won't. A couple of years ago they decided the OC wasn't rich content enough to earn rep or to add post count. Gotta love it.
    "ORANGE IS THE NEW BLACK"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. just a quick which bike thread
    By bob7 in forum Beginner's Corner
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-12-2016, 06:16 PM
  2. quick caps quick release wheel locks?
    By titus in forum Wheels and Tires
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-31-2016, 09:42 AM
  3. Manitou Mavel Comp 9mm quick through bolt quick release
    By MBTStuff in forum 29er Components
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-14-2014, 07:15 PM
  4. New Strong Frames - quick picts (merged thread)
    By usr666 in forum Custom Builders & Other Manufacturers
    Replies: 124
    Last Post: 06-10-2013, 02:03 AM
  5. upcoming ride/quick report thread
    By sixstringsteve in forum Utah
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-10-2012, 08:48 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •