Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: "Shark Week"

Front Range, Colorado

"Shark Week"

Anybody watching it?
    Shark Week on the Discovery channel. Some great footage with new never seen footage. All week long check it out.
    --------- __o
    ------- _`\<,_
    ------ (*)/ (*)
    ************^^^^^^^^^Rock Garden

AZ
    banned
    Are they going to show "Sharknado"

sympathy for society
    I love Shark week, but the Megalodon show was as fake as it gets. I think Discovery is starting to jump the shark (pun intended).
    "We can always find excuses if we want to find them, but if we really want to do something, we have to just go."

I didn't do it
    Quote Originally Posted by sodak View Post
    I love Shark week, but the Megalodon show was as fake as it gets. I think Discovery is starting to jump the shark (pun intended).
    I didn't see it but when I saw that they were showing it I was thinking they have in fact "jumped the shark." Evidently it was one of those shows that try to sound and look like a real documentary but are obviously fake.

I'll be looking for some of the real shows though. There should be some good ones coming up.

Bro
    Where I do my thinking
    I saw that title on the TV guide and thought it was SyFy before I looked at the channel and realized it was Discovery.

I haven't watched Discovery in a long time, but I thought this commercial was great.

I've made some bad decisions like taking the gears off my bike. So here's the warning: Do not as I say, nor as I do.

sympathy for society
    ^ I love that vid! I crack up every time.
    "We can always find excuses if we want to find them, but if we really want to do something, we have to just go."

King of Middle Earth
    Yep, I've been watching it. The Great Whites at the Cape were really neat to watch! I've caught Shortfin Mako sharks which look like skinny, streamlined Great Whites. They are fast enough to catch a tuna and they leap into the air like a Marlin while you've got them hooked up. It's spectacular!
    fee-fy-fo-fum...

sympathy for society
    Quote Originally Posted by nwbikur View Post
    I didn't see it but when I saw that they were showing it I was thinking they have in fact "jumped the shark." Evidently it was one of those shows that try to sound and look like a real documentary but are obviously fake.

I'll be looking for some of the real shows though. There should be some good ones coming up.
    The only good part was when they made "chum cannons" to chum for Megalodon, it was funny. The CGI department for the "documentary" really blew it too.. haha.. There have been a couple good shows so far. It only gets better as the week goes on!!

I didn't do it
    The only good part was when they made "chum cannons" to chum for Megalodon, it was funny. The CGI department for the "documentary" really blew it too.. haha.. There have been a couple good shows so far. It only gets better as the week goes on!!
    Funny thing is that I actually looked in the schedule to see when it was on again because my curiosity was piqued. Its on this Saturday so I'll check it out. Sometimes things can be so bad its good, i.e. Sharknado. Frankly I'm surprised its not on this week!

Front Range, Colorado
    I didn't see the Megalodon show but come on give em a break. Megalodon is extinct so they have to recreate what it would have been. But then again I didn't see it. All the other show's,are real and real impressive IMO.
    --------- __o
    ------- _`\<,_
    ------ (*)/ (*)

I didn't do it
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    I didn't see the Megalodon show but come on give em a break. Megalodon is extinct so they have to recreate what it would have been. But then again I didn't see it. All the other show's,are real and real impressive IMO.
    The theme of the show was that Megalodon lives today, lol. They present "evidence" to back up their claims. But the real docs are outstanding though, love 'em.

Bro
    Where I do my thinking
    Watching "Spawn of Jaws" right now... They're trying to catch a shark that's bigger than the boat they're on!
    I've made some bad decisions like taking the gears off my bike. So here's the warning: Do not as I say, nor as I do.

Front Range, Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by Bro View Post
    Watching "Spawn of Jaws" right now... They're trying to catch a shark that's bigger than the boat they're on!
    Sound's familiar, this scene from the original 1975 JAWS movie. "You're Gonna Need a Bigger Boat"

You're Gonna Need a Bigger Boat - Jaws (4/10) Movie CLIP (1975) HD - YouTube
    --------- __o
    ------- _`\<,_
    ------ (*)/ (*)

AZ
    banned
    Shark week is bringin the suck, they have "jumped the shark".

Ride More, Whine Less

"Shark Week"

My 7 year old is hooked so to speak.

pin it
    Shark Week Kaapowwww!

F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

Front Range, Colorado
    ^^ Robin can you hand me that stick"
    "Sure Batman do you want the zzzappo tazer stick?
    --------- __o
    ------- _`\<,_
    ------ (*)/ (*)

pin it

Dead Shark Found On NY Subway Train

NEW YORK August 7, 2013 (AP)

New York City's transit authority says a conductor found a small dead shark aboard a subway train in Queens on Wednesday.

The conductor asked passengers to leave the car and closed it off. The train continued to the end of the line, and then a supervisor placed the shark in a garbage bag and put it in the trash.

Photos on the blog Gothamist depict the shark on the subway. It appears to be about 4 feet long, has a cigarette in its mouth with a fare card and Red Bull can nearby.

Transit officials say they were aware of the photos but are making no effort to find the person who posted them. The transit authority says it has "better things to do."
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

Sleek Jamis Exile Rider

"Shark Week"

I've seen some of this year's programming. So far, the best thing about 2013 shark week has been the snuffy the seal promo

Front Range, Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclelicious

[B
    Dead Shark Found On NY Subway Train[/B]

NEW YORK August 7, 2013 (AP)

New York City's transit authority says a conductor found a small dead shark aboard a subway train in Queens on Wednesday.

The conductor asked passengers to leave the car and closed it off. The train continued to the end of the line, and then a supervisor placed the shark in a garbage bag and put it in the trash.

Photos on the blog Gothamist depict the shark on the subway. It appears to be about 4 feet long, has a cigarette in its mouth with a fare card and Red Bull can nearby.

Transit officials say they were aware of the photos but are
    making no effort to find the person who posted them. The
    transit authority says it has "better things to do."

Sound's like the card shark that has gave security the slip in Atalantic City and last month in Vegas. He obviously was on the run and met his fate in the subway of N.Y.
    --------- __o
    ------- _`\<,_
    ------ (*)/ (*)

No Stranger to danger....
    Who doesnt love shark attack season, im addicted to hearing of the latest attack in summer, where its at, whether it was whaler (bull) or white, man i live for people getting attacked on our coastline.... lol..
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....

pin it
    Sound's like the card shark that has gave security the slip in Atalantic City and last month in Vegas. He obviously was on the run and met his fate in the subway of N.Y.
     photo ku-medium_zps38f5a057.gif
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

Front Range, Colorado
    Did anyone watch last nights's episode on serial killer sharks. There are some scientists that have evidence that points towards some sharks particularly Great Whites having serial killer behavior just like human serial killers. One beach in California had an attack in 08' & 2010' & 2012' and they think it was the same Great White returning every other year to attack humans.
    --------- __o
    ------- _`\<,_
    ------ (*)/ (*)

High Desert MTBer
    Did anyone watch last nights's episode on serial killer sharks. There are some scientists that have evidence that points towards some sharks particularly Great Whites having serial killer behavior just like human serial killers. One beach in California had an attack in 08' & 2010' & 2012' and they think it was the same Great White returning every other year to attack humans.
    Where's that beach? Should be pretty safe this year!
    It's all Here. Now.

see me rollin, they hatin
    i'm still waiting for shart-week
    fap

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast