Results 1 to 25 of 25
  1. #1
    ouch....
    Reputation: Shark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,805

    Selling our first house, stressful!

    We are almost a week away from hitting the road and making our way across the country to Idaho from Indiana! Exciting!
    Got the house on the market last week, first time ever selling a house. Bit nervous and stressed, just the unknown of how long it might take etc.

    Wish us luck
    Last edited by Shark; 12-28-2013 at 07:40 PM.
    Riding.....

  2. #2
    Front Range, Colorado
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    17,046
    Quote Originally Posted by Shark View Post
    We are almost a week away from hitting the road and making our way across the country to Idaho from Indiana! Exciting!
    Got the house on the market last week, first time ever selling a house. Bit nervous and stressed, just the unknown of how long it might take etc.

    Wish us luck
    Good luck! And don't stress as long as your Realtor knows the market and prices it realistically it should move quick enough.
    --------- __o
    ------- _`\<,_
    ------ (*)/ (*)
    ************^^^^^^^^^Rock Garden

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Slow Danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    3,410
    Where did you decide to end up in Idaho?
    You're so cute internet tough guy. Noogie...Noogie...Noogie.

  4. #4
    Rep Power: Infinity
    Reputation: NateHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    11,781
    good luck. my house in TX STILL isn't sold almost 2 years after putting it up on the market. about to let the bank foreclose on it just to be rid of the damn thing.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Wishful Tomcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    5,986
    Good luck Shark, on your move and on selling your house.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    702
    I would have been tempted to look at it Shark, but being retired sort of dropped my income. I have always liked log homes.

  7. #7
    ouch....
    Reputation: Shark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,805
    Thanks guys, I think it's priced very fairly (ever priced out a hand built log home?)

    We are moving to Coeur d' Alene area (dang I still have issues spelling that haha). Just hoping for decent weather as we drive out!

    Wow Nate, that is a long time! Thoughts like that scare me...
    Riding.....

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: nvphatty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,119
    Best of luck with everything.

  9. #9
    I didn't do it
    Reputation: Mookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,902
    Hope you get that house sold soon. What brings you to Coeur d'Alane? That's a nice area.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted
    Remember, commas save lives

  10. #10
    Front Range, Colorado
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    17,046
    Quote Originally Posted by Mookie View Post
    Hope you get that house sold soon. What brings you to Coeur d'Alane? That's a nice area.
    Coder d'Alane is a vey nice area. I visited friends there once in the summer for a week and once in the winter for a week. So I got a good idea of what it's all about. Lake Coder dAlane has a floating golf course green, way cool. And I went up in a small Śea plane with pontoons and flew around the lake. A very scenic lake with forest all around it with high dollar cottages and lake side homes. Amazing lifestyle on the lake if you can afford it. Many other lakes around for all water sports. And there are plenty of ski resorts around with easy access to Canada skiing. I imagine the mtbing would be a big thing up there as well. Definitely one of my favorite areas in the lower 48 that I've been to.

    Check out this link is exactly what I saw from the sea plane. It may even be the same company it's been 15 years since I did it. But what an awesome experience above that lake.

    Lindsay is a Lifetime Member: My First Sea Plane Experience
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Selling out first house, stressful!-image.jpg  

    Selling out first house, stressful!-image.jpg  

    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by DIRTJUNKIE; 12-27-2013 at 11:44 AM.
    --------- __o
    ------- _`\<,_
    ------ (*)/ (*)
    ************^^^^^^^^^Rock Garden

  11. #11
    official eMpTyBRain
    Reputation: Hawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    21,659
    Good bass fishing on that lake!!!
    ...and proud member of the anti-sock puppet desolation

  12. #12
    Rep Power: Infinity
    Reputation: NateHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    11,781

    Selling out first house, stressful!

    I looked at the MLS listing when you posted it on the local forum. Awesome place and it IS priced really well.

  13. #13
    pin it
    Reputation: cyclelicious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    10,052
    Seems like a very nice scenic location with some good elevation and decent trails in the area.
    F*ck Cancer

    Eat your veggies

  14. #14
    I'm your density
    Reputation: random walk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,272
    Coeur d' Alene was great, from what I remember ~20 yrs ago.

    If I recall correctly, that golf green DJ posted can be moved around on a grid of underwater cables to change the yardage. And yes, you take a boat to the green after your tee shot.

    As for the house, GLWS!
    "Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left."
    Ty Webb

  15. #15
    I didn't do it
    Reputation: Mookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,902
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    Coder d'Alane is a vey nice area. I visited friends there once in the summer for a week and once in the winter for a week. So I got a good idea of what it's all about. Lake Coder dAlane has a floating golf course green, way cool. And I went up in a small Śea plane with pontoons and flew around the lake. A very scenic lake with forest all around it with high dollar cottages and lake side homes. Amazing lifestyle on the lake if you can afford it. Many other lakes around for all water sports. And there are plenty of ski resorts around with easy access to Canada skiing. I imagine the mtbing would be a big thing up there as well. Definitely one of my favorite areas in the lower 48 that I've been to.

    Check out this link is exactly what I saw from the sea plane. It may even be the same company it's been 15 years since I did it. But what an awesome experience above that lake.
    I've been through there a couple times myself and really like the area. I've been meaning to take a mountain bike trip there over the years but haven't made it happen yet.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted
    Remember, commas save lives

  16. #16
    I didn't do it
    Reputation: Mookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,902
    Quote Originally Posted by random walk View Post
    Coeur d' Alene was great, from what I remember ~20 yrs ago.

    If I recall correctly, that golf green DJ posted can be moved around on a grid of underwater cables to change the yardage. And yes, you take a boat to the green after your tee shot.

    As for the house, GLWS!
    That floating green is crazy! Let's just say I probably need scuba gear to retrieve the lost balls.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted
    Remember, commas save lives

  17. #17
    Flaccid Member
    Reputation: Boyonadyke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    7,860
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    Good bass fishing on that lake!!!
    Think the water is more suited to monster Girard strain rainbow trout. Another whopper - Coeur d'Alene Press: Outdoors
    "i'll brazilian when YOU do boy, right around the ol' rusty star. Actually, whole fruit bowl. Get on it!" NicoleB

  18. #18
    I didn't do it
    Reputation: Mookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,902
    Quote Originally Posted by Boyonadyke View Post
    Think the water is more suited to monster Girard strain rainbow trout. Another whopper - Coeur d'Alene Press: Outdoors
    Whoa, now that's a lunker!
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted
    Remember, commas save lives

  19. #19
    ouch....
    Reputation: Shark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,805
    I hope to get into fishing a bit more once we get out there.
    Got lucky with work, position opened up out there so jumped at it. Always wanted to live near the mountains.
    Riding.....

  20. #20
    Front Range, Colorado
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    17,046
    Quote Originally Posted by Boyonadyke View Post
    Think the water is more suited to monster Girard strain rainbow trout. Another whopper - Coeur d'Alene Press: Outdoors
    The area is covered in lakes and trout streams plus the huge Lake Cour d'Alane lake that's posted above. Awesome place!
    --------- __o
    ------- _`\<,_
    ------ (*)/ (*)
    ************^^^^^^^^^Rock Garden

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    3,025
    The Navy actually used that lake for submersible training in WWII, IIRC. It's very deep. Could be some kind of Loch Ness monster down there!
    Re-Cycled Person who rides a mountain bicycle.

  22. #22
    I didn't do it
    Reputation: Mookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,902
    Quote Originally Posted by Shark View Post
    I hope to get into fishing a bit more once we get out there.
    Got lucky with work, position opened up out there so jumped at it. Always wanted to live near the mountains.
    Dude, you're going to love the mountains. And yeah, if you're going to N Idaho you're going to need a fly rod. I love stream fishing.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted
    Remember, commas save lives

  23. #23
    official eMpTyBRain
    Reputation: Hawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    21,659
    Quote Originally Posted by Mookie View Post
    Dude, you're going to love the mountains. And yeah, if you're going to N Idaho you're going to need a fly rod. I love stream fishing.
    Although I know what you mean, I've always chuckled at the phrases like "stream fishing".

    I've fished in streams many times...but I've still never caught a stream.
    ...and proud member of the anti-sock puppet desolation

  24. #24
    I didn't do it
    Reputation: Mookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,902
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    Although I know what you mean, I've always chuckled at the phrases like "stream fishing".

    I've fished in streams many times...but I've still never caught a stream.
    Lol, occasionally I catch a stream of conciousness.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted
    Remember, commas save lives

  25. #25
    Front Range, Colorado
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    17,046
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    Although I know what you mean, I've always chuckled at the phrases like "stream fishing".

    I've fished in streams many times...but I've still never caught a stream.
    And you call yourself a fishermen. You haven't lived until you've caught a stream. One hell of a fight, especially a class 5 rapids stream.
    --------- __o
    ------- _`\<,_
    ------ (*)/ (*)
    ************^^^^^^^^^Rock Garden

Similar Threads

  1. Pimp Wars: House of Nimata vs House of salinijain
    By Gundam168 in forum Off Camber (off topic)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-30-2013, 03:52 PM
  2. Bat in the house!!!!!!
    By Shark in forum Off Camber (off topic)
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 11-11-2012, 11:27 AM
  3. House of pleasure or house of pain this weekend?
    By ancient rascal in forum California - Norcal
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-22-2012, 10:29 PM
  4. Life can be stressful
    By tysonnemb in forum Arizona
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 05-22-2012, 09:45 PM
  5. Stressful bike shop?
    By Jaybo in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 09-12-2011, 07:45 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •