Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    That guy

Score of the Day

We have a "Post a pic of your latest purchase [bike related only]" thread in Passion, how about one for non-bike related purchases in the OC?

I like sharing my scores since I'm addicted to estate sales and such, and I like seeing what other people are scoring so I might have some ideas on stuff I'd like to score for myself!

So post up your scores, weather they're store bought, garage, estate, yard, or boot sale bought, found, given, ebay, or however else. Let's see your most recent scores!

Had to buy this Grizzly die grinder just because it looked cool! Scored it for $20 at an estate sale thinking it had to be double that retail, but it's only about $30+tax new. If I'd had known these were that cheap I'd have bought one a long time ago! I have a feeling I'm gonna use this thing a lot!

Score of the Day-pdrm1631.jpg
    American Idle

Rabid Lana fan
    DSO Nano...a pocket sized oscilloscope. Perfect for looking at car audio signals.

rOCktoberfest 2015 pt I here
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt II here

That guy
    ^^ You're really into electronics, no? How does one use that info?
    American Idle

Cycologist
    Earlier this summer, white water kayak $30. Paddle, float bag and helmet for an additional $15.

Score of the Day-kayak.png
    There are two types of people in this world:
    1) Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data

One ring to mash them all
    I scored a Thule roof rack system compatible with my older Camry, for $6 at an Idaho thrift store. Nice to have a second vehicle option to haul the paddle board or kayak to the water.
    ¯\(°_o)/¯

Rabid Lana fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornfield View Post
    How does one use that info?
    When it comes to setting the gains on the amp, you can use a calculated voltage guestimate. But it's best to actually see the waveform, so you can see when clipping starts to occur. Then you can just back it off a hair, until you get max signal with no clipping.

Clipping is what burns up speakers. And sounds bad, too.

That guy
    Quote Originally Posted by chazpat View Post
    Earlier this summer, white water kayak $30. Paddle, float bag and helmet for an additional $15.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kayak.png 
Views:	31 
Size:	266.8 KB 
ID:	1160115
    Quote Originally Posted by the one ring View Post
    I scored a Thule roof rack system compatible with my older Camry, for $6 at an Idaho thrift store. Nice to have a second vehicle option to haul the paddle board or kayak to the water.
    Past scores are fun to post too! I know I've got a few good ones I can share.

Back when I was garage sailing in SoCal I picked up a tub (the kind you put kegs in) of golf balls for $5 and at another sale a set of clubs for the same. My partner in crime and I would go out to this spot in the hills that overlooked a golf course and try to whack balls down onto it, lol!
    American Idle

That guy
    Quote Originally Posted by net wurker View Post
    When it comes to setting the gains on the amp, you can use a calculated voltage guestimate. But it's best to actually see the waveform, so you can see when clipping starts to occur. Then you can just back it off a hair, until you get max signal with no clipping.

Clipping is what burns up speakers. And sounds bad, too.
    I think I might be clipping my stock speakers with all this new/old music at my fingertips. I might be forced to upgrade soon.
    American Idle

Rabid Lana fan
    I think I might be clipping my stock speakers
    Scope out that signal and see!

Here's a good demo vid, this guy is using the exact same scope.

western NC
    That little scope is cool Net! Reminds me of when I was big into RC aircraft, I bought a handheld digital spectrum analyzer, still have it too.

I scored some new take off 30mm wheels at the end of last week. Shop should have the extra pawls and springs hopefully tomorrow to convert the rear hub to 108POE.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Score of the Day-wheels.jpg  

That guy
    Scope out that signal and see!

Here's a good demo vid, this guy is using the exact same scope.
    Is clipping what causes "blown" speakers, and does setting the gain so it's not clipping allow you to go full volume without damaging the speakers?

I remember adjusting stuff by ear on my amps. I also remember setting the volume so I couldn't turn it up too loud and blow the speakers.
    American Idle

Rabid Lana fan
    You scope the signal from the head unit. Use a 1K hertz tone for the regular channels, and a 40 hertz tone for the sub channel. You crank up your volume until you see it clip, (or it goes all the way up without clipping). If it does clip, you note at what volume number it clipped at. Set your volume to one volume number below that, move your test leads to the amp outputs, and with the amp gains all the way down, start raising them until you see the signal clip. Back it off just a hair, and you have the head unit and the amp set at max they will do without clipping. Surprisingly, my cheapo JVC puts out a clean, unclipped signal at max volume. At least on the line-level outs...I didn't bother to check the speaker-level outs, as I'm not using those.

Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Sorry this is long winded, cut and pasted it out of an old thread. Only because my photos of these are lost and it's such a long story.

In 2002' I was at a San Diego swap meet. One half of it is for new product vendors and the other half is for anyone selling used stuff. My girlfriend and I arrived there rather late around noon. They close up at 3:30 and the place is so big in order to see everything you had better start at 8:00 am. Being so late we rushed through the newer stuff and then headed over to the used area. By the time we got to the used area I only had an hour to cover a huge amount of sellers. Rushing through and not finding anything of interest they made the announcement that we only had 15 minutes till closing. That's when I spotted the tips of two buffalo horns sticking out from under some blankets.

The people were packing up to go. I inquired "can I see those horns" a young girl uncovered them and handed me one. I immediately new they were rare and worth some bucks. I asked her "how much"? She yelled over at her mother "mom how much". She responded "we were asking $150" I set them down and acted uninterested and started to walk away. The lady yelled back "if you want them we are packing up, you can have them for $45". I hit the skids and said "alright I'll give you $45". After digging out the cash and making the exchange I asked her if she knew the history on them? She said her grandfather traveled the world in the 1940's - 1950's that's all she knew. So I know they are at least 65 years old.

The funny part was walking through the crowded swap meet back to the
    car. I had several inquires on them. Where? What? How much? And then trying to fit them in my girlfriends 99' Corvette was a challenge. There's a small compartment under the rear hatch. They barely fit in there.

They are hand carved and obviously from the orient. Each one is carved in mirror image of the other. From the bottom to the top there are 3 oriental symbols, a tiger / phoenix / dragon. The dragons tail at the top of each, spirals around to the back tip of each horn. For free hand carving it's amazing how identical each carving is to the other and the detail. The 3 symbols together mean something but I have failed to figure it out through Google searches. In 2006' I was curious on what they were worth and if anyone knew anything about them. I went to numerous antique and Collectables shops throughout San Diego. Out of all these old shops nobody has ever seen anything like it. One guy offered me $500 but I turned him down. My thoughts are they are worth a considerable amount more. Anyway here's some photos for you to ponder over. Each one is 3' long and are from a Water Buffalo.

Someday I'll hook up with the "Antiques Road Show" to see what they have to say.

Score of the Day-img_4668.jpg

Score of the Day-img_4671.jpg

Score of the Day-img_4669.jpg

Score of the Day-img_4670.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

That guy
    I think what you're telling me is clipping = blown speakers?

It's too early for me to process too much information...
    American Idle

Rabid Lana fan
    Yes

Rabid Lana fan
    Also, lowest common denominator: Let's say you scope the rear channel, front channel and the sub channel of your head unit. Out of a possible volume number of 35, you see the front and rear channels clip at volume 31, and the sub channel clips at volume 34. Well, you set your amp(s) at volume 30. And you know that volume 30 is the max you can use before you start sending clipped signals to an amp.

Rabid Lana fan
    Nice horns, DJ!

That guy
    Yeah, cool horns DJ. There's some stuff on the internet about those I'm sure, Google carved water buffalo horns. Looks like they're from Thailand.
    American Idle

Rabid Lana fan

Cycologist

It's too early for me to process too much information...
    Clipping is overdriving the amp, causing distortion; it's literally clipping off part of the signal; which is bad for the speaker (I think that's right). If I remember correctly, it basically overheats the speakers, or maybe feedback does that.

Undesirable unless you are a guitar player!

Nice find Net, apparently they're not worth the big bucks I thought they were. I guess I'll keep them now just for the cool factor.
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

mtbr member
    Score of the Day-trumpfox.jpg

new plastics and seat cover
    Score of the Day-newseat.jpg

Clipping is overdriving the amp, causing distortion; it's literally clipping off part of the signal; which is bad for the speaker (I think that's right). If I remember correctly, it basically overheats the speakers, or maybe feedback does that.
    If I'm not mistaken a primary failure mode is in the tweeters due to clipping-induced high-frequency content (harmonic distortion), at higher power AND duration than the voice coil can handle.
    ¯\(°_o)/¯

Rabid Lana fan
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    Nice find Net, apparently they're not worth the big bucks I thought they were. I guess I'll keep them now just for the cool factor.
    For what it's worth, those are about half the size of yours, and size matters.

Name:  PAGAN02.jpg
Views: 359
Size:  9.0 KB
    ¯\(°_o)/¯

There's one set in there that has the 3 symbols and almost identical to mine.

Score of the Day-img_4672.jpg
    Score of the Day-img_4668.jpg

Rabid Lana fan
    Quote Originally Posted by the one ring View Post
    Name:  PAGAN02.jpg
Views: 359
Size:  9.0 KB
    Hey, look! It's the minister at my church!

That guy
    Quote Originally Posted by 53119 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	trumpfox.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	106.0 KB 
ID:	1160187
    No way, you own this?!
    American Idle

mtbr member
    No way, you own this?!
    buddy got me one here:

https://www.sunfrog.com/LifeStyle/11...534270438.html

That guy
    Quote Originally Posted by 53119 View Post
    Nice score!
    American Idle

mtbr member
    You're really into electronics, no? How does one use that info?
    A few years ago my son sold an oscilloscope to a guy who just wanted it to sit on the shelf in his office so that he looked clever!

Like the pocket one, didn't even know you could get those.

That guy
    Before I even think about getting an oscilloscope I need to score a multimeter so I can see if this $5 garage sale speaker even works. Net, that's yours in the hot dog thread, right?

Score of the Day-pdrm1635.jpg

I also still need to get that DAC!
    American Idle

So far I've seen a lot of people buy a lot of crap for more than it's worth.

That guy
    I also still need to get that DAC!
    @Mr Pig; these were the only two options on amazon, so which one, or should I look elsewhere?

Score of the Day-dac.jpg
    American Idle

Cycologist
    So far I've seen a lot of people buy a lot of crap for more than it's worth.
    Hey! Those old whitewater kayaks normally are over $100 on CL, I'll have you know!

And a lot more fun than a couple of horns some guy sharpie'd and sold to a tourist for $10.

That guy
    Hey! Those old whitewater kayaks normally are over $100 on CL, I'll have you know!
    So, have you used it yet?
    American Idle

Cycologist
    So, have you used it yet?
    Yep. I already had my Dagger Blackwater 12.5 and an Old Town Otter for the kids. But along with the bikes, I was afraid my son had outgrown the Otter and I wanted to get him something a little more serious. But since I could fit it inside my car, I was able to take both my kids and all three 'yaks. It is a pretty small boat; I offered to let my son take my Dagger but he wanted to paddle the new one. And it is a lot more of a whitewater boat, a lot more maneuverable and you can steer it with your hips, whereas the Dagger is more of a flat water boat, does ok in mild white water but feels a lot bigger. And the Otter is just a cheap tank but my daughter did fine in it. I did paddle the new one when we took a break.

Of course, now I'm going to spend 3 - 4 times what I paid for it for a skirt and I still gotta figure out where I'm gonna store the thing besides the floor of the basement.

I'm sure that's more than you really wanted to know. Now I feel like I've been challenged and need to hit garage sales this weekend and see what I can score so I can post here.

That guy
    I was expecting a "No, I haven't used it yet", and then I would have responded with "Well, we have more in common than I thought" lol!
    American Idle

And a lot more fun than a couple of horns some guy sharpie'd and sold to a tourist for $10.
    >little dude with tongue sticking out<

I can do one better than that. My X was a real estate agent and she once sold a house of a friend. The friend was moving from Ca. to Fla. with little room to spare in the move. She gave me an almost new open water kayak for free. I thought I'd use it but ended up not. Two years later I sold it on Craigslist for $550 bones. She also gave us a 27" Sony flatscreen. We used it for about 5 years before it bit the dust. And she gave us an old country style 6' tall wooden cabinet plus an iron bakers rack worth easily $800. Not just those items but many small misc. ladies nicknacks. All I cared about was the kayak and t.v. Pretty good score I'd say.

Rabid Lana fan
    Net, that's yours in the hot dog thread, right?
    Yes, but that one is not the 2.99 one. That one is almost *gasp* 30 bux!

The 2.99 one (sometimes they're free with a purchase) is a cheesy little toy, but that one I got, I'll tell you what, I have a Fluke 88 from back in the day, (Fluke is the defacto "Brand-to-Have" when it comes to multi meters) and this thirty dollar Harbor Freight one, while I'm sure isn't near as accurate, it has that same "feel" as far as the build quality, and the quality of the leads.

It's one item from Harbor Freight that I can recommend, and that's pretty rare.

That guy
    What would happen if I connected that speaker to my home stereo? I don't want to spend money on a meter unless I have to. Perhaps there's other uses for the meter I don't know about, but I've got other things to buy before that.
    American Idle

Cycologist
    What would happen if I connected that speaker to my home stereo? I don't want to spend money on a meter unless I have to. Perhaps there's other uses for the meter I don't know about, but I've got other things to buy before that.
    Hmm, I used to know this stuff, something about matching ohms and impedance.

impedance
    noun
    Electricity. the total opposition to alternating current by an electric circuit, equal to the square root of the sum of the squares of the resistance and reactance of the circuit and usually expressed in ohms. Symbol: Z.

anyway, thought I'd scare you a bit until Net explains it.

That guy
    Thanks, Chaz, now you guys are gonna make me have to think about stuff, and I've been doing that all day! Just give me a simple yes or no with a brief explanation please.
    American Idle

Rabid Lana fan
    Well, in the car audio world, the two main speaker impedances are four ohm, and two ohm. And amps are usually rated at how many RMS they provide a certain load. Usually, they provide about twice the power to a two ohm load than they will provide a four ohm load. Some car amps are rated "One ohm stable" and the usual config for that is running two 2 ohm subs in parrallel, to get a 1 ohm total load.

I dunno if the same holds true for home audio amps. If you have an amp that is only "four ohms stable", and you hook up a two ohm speaker, ?????.

Korn, you can 'test bump' that sub. Hook it up to your car battery....connect the positive speaker terminal to + on your battery. Hook up a wire to the negative on your battery, and momentarily touch the speaker negative. If you see it move, the speaker probably is working OK. Or, you can use a 9 volt battery. 9 volts are common for testing "little" speakers, like door speakers. Not sure if that's enough power to move a heavy sub, though.

Rabid Lana fan
    Here ya go...

That guy
    Thanks Net, that's easier to understand, I like pictures, especially moving ones with sound.

Already used my die grinder! I had to distress a piece of wood to match a barn door I need to install.
    American Idle

Rabid Lana fan
    You never did say, is there two speaker terminals on that sub, or four? (Single Voice Coil, or Dual Voice Coil)

That guy
    But it's all the way out in the garage...

I think it's an older version of this:https://www.crutchfield.com/S-jANb1w...S-W1208D4.html
    American Idle

Rabid Lana fan
    Sweet....dual 4 ohms. So you can wire them in parallel for a two ohm load. Max amp power!

western NC
    My haul from the LBS yesterday. Extra pawls and springs for the new wheels to get 108POE, new cartridge for my Drop Line dropper post, a new bottle of Orange Seal, and a restock on my favorite in ride sports drink.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Score of the Day-img_1120.jpg  

Score of the Day-img_1121.jpg  

Score of the Day-fullsizerender-1-.jpg  

So is this thread about anything that we buy or scores from garage sales, swap meets, eBay, CL etc?

I bought 3 pair of jeans yesterday. The first pair that showed a $46 price tag rang up as clearance at $15. I bought them and ran back and grabbed 2 more identical pair. They rang up at normal price. Apparently the first pair were old stock and were clearances out. I was already at the register so I bought the other two pair at normal price. The lady felt bad and hooked me up with "two" $20 off coupons to use on my next purchase. That's a score, no?

That guy
    That's a score, no?
    Sure. You gotta try to post the interesting scores, or stuff you're really into, not your everyday items. This isn't a place to post everything you bring home everyday. I could have gotten a free gallon of milk somewhere, and you could certainly consider that a score, but I'm not gonna make a post about it.
    American Idle

That guy
    HP, can you tell me more about that Rocktane, like when do you use it and what does it help with.

I really like the GU hydration drink tabs. I bought all the stock they had a Academy Sports when they were on closeout (score!), I got the last 6 containers of it.
    American Idle

western NC
    HP, can you tell me more about that Rocktane, like when do you use it and what does it help with.

I really like the GU hydration drink tabs. I bought all the stock they had a Academy Sports when they were on closeout (score!), I got the last 6 containers of it.
    Sure Corn, I struggle with electrolyte/sugar depletion, and the subsequent leg cramping (that's where it gets me anyway, mainly left calf due to and old injury) that comes with it. I've tried various things, and wasn't super impressed with any of them. Some upset my stomach, some didn't have much effect, some were a chalky/milky consistency that I don't want when I'm hot and exerting myself, etc. The Roctane has a really good blend of stuff that you need, I drink it during my ride and alternate with water from my Camelback. It tastes awesome BTW, like a slightly less sugary grape Kool Aid! For long rides, I'll have a Bonkbreaker drink on the way to my ride as well. Here's some info on what's in it.

https://shop.guenergy.com/products/r...nt=36787975821

That guy
    Thanks, that stuff sounds good! I don't really get cramps, but know I could use the electrolytes and energy. I'll have to give it a try!

I liked the GU hydration tabs for the same reason; because the others didn't seem to do much.
    American Idle

Sure. You gotta try to post the interesting scores, or stuff you're really into, not your everyday items. This isn't a place to post everything you bring home everyday. I could have gotten a free gallon of milk somewhere, and you could certainly consider that a score, but I'm not gonna make a post about it.
    Hey, all I did was follow HPi's purchase.

I bought some dark chocolate gourmet candy bars this mornings. A two for one deal that I couldn't pass up.

Rabid Lana fan
    Sure. You gotta try to post the interesting scores, or stuff you're really into, not your everyday items. This isn't Facebook. I could have posted a picture of my breakfast, but that's what they do on Facebook.
    fify

Quote Originally Posted by HPIguy View Post
    My haul from the LBS yesterday. Extra pawls and springs for the new wheels to get 108POE, new cartridge for my Drop Line dropper post, a new bottle of Orange Seal, and a restock on my favorite in ride sports drink.
    I thought the thread in Passion was reserved for these type of items. As stated in Korns original post in here. Now the discussion has gone back to bikes. We should be talking about used kayaks and candy bars, no?

That guy
    fify
    American Idle

western NC
    I thought the thread in Passion was reserved for these type of items. As stated in Korns original post in here. Now the discussion has gone back to bikes. We should be talking about used kayaks and candy bars, no?
    I suppose so, though the wheels were score for sure based on price. I think I should go ride my bike more and be on the interwebs less.

Rabid Lana fan
    ...it's literally clipping off part of the signal; which is bad for the speaker (I think that's right).
    This.

Clipping, as seen on a scope, is when the top of the nice, rounded sine wave is flat (or "clipped off"). The sine wave is a representation of voltage. As the wave moves from the very bottom of the lower half of the wave, the speaker cone starts it's excursion (pushing out)...there is a microsecond at the peak and valley of each wave where the voltage reverses from negative to positive, and positive to negative. The speaker moves in unison with this wave. Out on the positive ride up, and in on the negative ride down.

The microsecond where the voltages changes from positive to negative, and negative to positive, is basically a no-big deal kind of thing.

However, once it starts clipping, the voltage is staying still for a measured time. Remember, the speaker wants to ride that wave...out on the positive ride up, and back in on the negative ride down. This time where the voltage is neither rising or falling, (clipping) the speaker freaks out and starts oscillating, (what we hear as distortion). This is no good mechanically for the cone, and it overheats the voice coil. And I'm sure it's stressing the circuitry inside the amp, too.

It's just bad all around.

That guy
    Net's fify
    Although; there is a "Post a picture of what you had for dinner" thread in the NorCal forum that seems kinda fun.

I think the trick is to make it interesting, whatever it is. I could post a list and take pictures of all my groceries after I go to the store later today, but that'd be pretty boring. You gotta put some thought into your posts, don't just post because you can.
    American Idle

Rabid Lana fan
    Although; there is a "Post a picture of what you had for dinner" thread in the NorCal forum
    Sound a lot like Facebook. Go in there and start a thread "I went to the gym at 3:30".

That guy
    Sound a lot like Facebook. Go in there and start a thread "I went to the gym at 3:30".
    I'm gonna go with post #61 above instead, after I do all the chores I've been putting off since I've been running around so much the past few days.

HP, I don't mind bike stuff in this thread, you gotta screw the rules sometimes!
    American Idle

Cycologist
    Stay away from used candy bars, they are not a score in any form.

Unless one of these, but I'd still avoid the used ones.

Name:  skor.jpg
Views: 316
Size:  7.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by HPIguy View Post
    I suppose so, though the wheels were score for sure based on price. I think I should go ride my bike more and be on the interwebs less.
    HPi, this had nothing to do with you. I loved the bike parts contribution you threw in. Sometimes I get little jumpy and post jibberish just to get a rise. Today my center of gravity is off and nothing has gone my way. By the way I'm at work as we speak which doesn't help in my mood much.

western NC
    Gotcha, no worries DJ. I still think I should do those things though, just in general. I sit on my ass too much these days with work.

This score was about a week ago. My stock headlights were so fogged up even a buffing wheel couldn't fix them. I think it was a defect in the lens itself with this model truck, although Toyota never admitted to it. Anyway I was faced with buying new stock headlights or going a bit custom. There are many custom offerings for the Tacomas. I went with a slight custom look instead of some of the crazier offerings. Clear lenses with blacked out background. They use the stock bulbs. The stock ones are clear with chrome background. I like the look of the black, it accents well with the other black trim I think.

Score of the Day-img_4735.jpg

I parked next to a stock one for comparison.

Score of the Day-img_4739.jpg

That guy
    Those look nice, DJ. Were the old ones fogged up from moisture?

Nice parking job.
    American Idle

Those look nice, DJ. Were the old ones fogged up from moisture?

No, it was inside the lens. Not on the inside but actually in the plastic. I've seen a lot of this generation Tacoma with the same problem. In fact the one I parked next to in the above photo has some, not as bad as mine were though.

Nice parking job.
    No, it was inside the lens. Not on the inside but actually in the plastic. I've seen a lot of this generation Tacoma with the same problem. In fact the one I parked next to in the above photo has some, not as bad as mine were though.

And by the way I only parked like for the photo. Otherwise I would have been against the curb.

Rabid Lana fan
    Yeah, pretty much any of the poly-carbonate lenses that all the manufacturers use these days, they get oxidized over time, unless you never have to park in the sun. Get some 303 or something with UV protection and treat them regularly to try and prevent it. The aftermarket ones probably don't have as good of a UV treatment as the OEM ones did.

I agree, the black background headlights look so much better than the chrome ones. I also got smoked lenses this time, too. Not too dark, not too overdone.

Your Taco looks so much better with those!

Rabid Lana fan
    BTW, if they do start to condensate on the inside, pull 'em back off, dry 'em out real good, and then seal the seams with clear RTV. Sorry, I should have mentioned that before you mounted them up.
    Last edited by net wurker; 10-06-2017 at 07:19 AM.

Rabid Lana fan
    One more pro tip: If you don't like the looks of the amber turn signal bulb, you can get some that are painted chrome. They look chrome when they're off, but they light up amber.

mtbr member
    I currently work for a guy that owns a very large property investment firm. He has controlling share or outright owns something like 87 properties but 24 or so are large apartment complexes in the Portland OR area. A couple are super high end in the "Pearl" with high rents. Anyway once in a blue moon I have the privilege of being the first person to enter an apartment after the tenant has moved on, and as you can imagine people leave all kinds of shit behind. I've found niceish art to flat screen tv's to super nice dining room sets and a killer coffee table most of which furnish my home now.

My foundest find was a brand new 5.5 qt Le Creuset dutch oven. I almost didn't bother with it because it's heavy & had never used one. Luckily I grabbed it as when I got home & decided to google it I found they retail for about $350. Imagine being so privaledged that you not only own brand new $350 cook wear but you can't be bothered to take it with you upon moving.

Long story long the thing is fukcing bomb! Super bomb. I'm eating a pulled pork sandwich right now that started as a pork shoulder in it on Monday. Everything in it turns out killer on par with long grilling or smoking. Blows away my crock pot, cleans up easy no matter what & is guaranteed for life....score!
    It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

That guy
    I love my dutch oven, I think it was like $40 and I thought that was expensive!

Score extra points for the pulled pork sandwich!
    American Idle

Cycologist
    I want to hear about the killer coffee table.

Net, thanks for the Pro Tips on the lenses. I'll definitely be getting some 303 to treat them. I hope They don't leak water in because these things were a bich to take out and reinstall. There's a bolt that you can only get to from the inside of the wheel well. It's at such an angle it's almost impossible to do. If there's a time I'm taking the front wheels off. The chrome builds sound interesting. I have seen those on vehicles and wondered what the deal was.

Kinda left us hanging there didn't he?

Rabid Lana fan
    The chrome builds sound interesting. I have seen those on vehicles and wondered what the deal was.
    Here ya go...

Here ya go . . .
    LOL
    So everybody around you are confused on emergency flashers or not. Stop go stop go.

I cleaned my truck and got a better shot at what those lights look like.

Score of the Day-img_4813.jpg

That guy
    Very nice, Net. Did you try to sync the music with the light?

I used my die grinder this morning to cut some threaded rod to fix my tool box. So nice to be able to cut and deburr with the same tool, all while making cool sounds!
    American Idle

Rabid Lana fan
    So everybody around you are confused on emergency flashers or not. Stop go stop go.
    ? I don't understand. They work exactly like every other vehicle.

If you turn on your left turn signal, the left one flashes on and off.

If you turn on your right turn signal, the right one flashes on and off.

If you turn on the emergency signal, they both flash on and off.

Is that not how your Tacoma works also?

Rabid Lana fan
    Very nice, Net. Did you try to sync the music with the light?
    Yes.

Rabid Lana fan
    ...all while making cool sounds!
    And a killer spark roost!

That guy
    And a killer spark roost!

Net is a video artist! I love the rainy day look.
    American Idle

? I don't understand. They work exactly like every other vehicle.

If you turn on your left turn signal, the left one flashes on and off.

If you turn on your right turn signal, the right one flashes on and off.

If you turn on the emergency signal, they both flash on and off.

Is that not how your Tacoma works also?
    I thought they flashed to the beat of the music.

Rabid Lana fan

Net is a video artist! I love the rainy day look.
    That's more of a "it's raining today" kinda thing, than any art statement.

Rabid Lana fan
    I thought they flashed to the beat of the music.
    Ooooohhh, I think I see what you're getting at now.

In real life, they just flash on and off. What you see in that video snip, the music syncing, is just editing magic.

You know, me, I can't just put up "footage". Everything has to be "an edit".

That guy
    Ya know, you could've turned the sprinklers on for all we know...

Pro Tip: You gotta just roll with it next time, just nod and agree.
    American Idle

Rabid Lana fan
    will do

Pro Tip: You gotta just roll with it next time, just nod and agree.
    Sounds like the easy way out.

Afric Pepperbird
    Realistic STA-225 in near mint condition

(photo not mine, pulled from the web)

Score of the Day-657_realistic_sta-225_-_129.jpg

That guy
    Quote Originally Posted by dirt farmer View Post
    Realistic STA-225 in near mint condition

(photo not mine, pulled from the web)
    Nice! Love the look of those old receivers, I need to pick one up the next time I see one. They go quick at the estate sales.
    American Idle

Y
    y
    y

That guy
    Y
    y
    y
    Name:  y u no.jpg
Views: 196
Size:  13.9 KB
    American Idle

Name:  y u no.jpg
Views: 196
Size:  13.9 KB
    Why an old receiver? I've got one collecting dust. In fact mine is from 1978 and it's digital. Badass for it's time. Made by Technics but sold through JC Penny and re-labeled as MCS.

Hmmmm . . now I've got a hankered to breaking it out and cranking it up.

Afric Pepperbird
    Why an old receiver? I've got one collecting dust. In fact mine is from 1978 and it's digital. Badass for it's time. Made by Technics but sold through JC Penny and re-labeled as MCS.

Hmmmm . . now I've got a hankered to breaking it out and cranking it up.
    Look around here, and then ask about vintage receivers.

Audiokarma Home Audio Stereo Discussion Forums

Quote Originally Posted by dirt farmer View Post
    Look around here, and then ask about vintage receivers.

Audiokarma Home Audio Stereo Discussion Forums
    Nothing against old receivers. On the contrary I think there were some pretty cool ones from back in the day. Like I said the one I have was ahead of its time being digital.

mtbr member
    Killer is probably some embellishment on my part but there is some backstory there. First couple of days on the job I saw a lady at one of the properties really struggling to carry something & I asked her if she needed help. She was grateful & explained she was moving & just trying to throw this away. Sure thing & at first I didn't realize what it was.

It's some type of exotic hardwood...very hard...I think it's Verawood. It's in the shape of a large checkmark and counterbalanced by a piece of marble so that the top is level. The marble is a large jet black cylinder with white lightning bolt patterns through it. The checkmark Verawood is cut, joined, and polished flawlessly. It termintes at all edges with very aesthetically pleasing angles. The thing weighs about 175#'s. A picture would be nice I'm sure.

Backstory in a nut shell is I was broke & this was my first peice of furniture...literally. I was sleeping on my camp pad & basically had nothing. Graduated from school, whent on 7 job interviews and got the job of my choice. Worked about 1 hour, walked out to my car & left a traditional lifestyle behind for good. My buddies were living in Chamonix ski bumming it & off I went. Didn't come back to the states for 2 years & basically lived a vagabond life for 17 years until landing in Portland ready to switch it up & dig in for a bit. I was broke & knew nobody. Got the job with the real estate investor which came with an apt & now I have my very first peice of furnature, ever. A sweet one off coffee table...score!

Been here 11 years now, great friends, tons of shit I don't need, a comfortable bank account, stability and routine. It sucks! Will be selling my shit and hitting the road again real soon. Anybody want a killer coffee table?
    It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast