Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rush

PRETENDURO

Rush

FINALLY (yes, I know this is news from last Thursday, but I am left thinking I am the only one who cares):

https://rockhall.com/inductees/rush/

QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

~Disc~Golf~
    I like Rush - Never really got the hall of fame - it's kinda like artists to me (paint, etc) - they get determined that they are good by some committee or something
    Honestly... ahh I give up

Just Ride

Rush

RUSH! Only took14 years after they where eligible, it's about time! They are pure talent!

pin it
    Rush is a very talented band

Mr. Lee is well respected for his bass playing chops.

It's not my music per se...

But I respect them.
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

mtbr member
    Rush: Beyond the Lighted Stage

Pretty cool doc about them. What happened to the Professor and him actually talking about it is pretty interesting.
    The Dude abides.

Front Range, Colorado
    Huge ass drum set and double necked guitars. And the most distinctive lead singers voice in rock.What's not to like.
    --------- __o
    ------- _`\<,_
    ------ (*)/ (*)
    ************^^^^^^^^^Rock Garden

mtbr member
    Second best hobbit rock band after Led Zepplin: Top 10 ?The Hobbit? / ?Lord of the Rings? Songs
    You're so cute internet tough guy. Noogie...Noogie...Noogie.

I'm your density
    Neil Peart FTMFW.
    "Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left."
    — Ty Webb

Justa Dude
    They deserve it totally! Have deserved it for years. They could have stopped in 1983 with their music and STILL would have had enough accomplishments to be in there. In fact they should have cut the ribbon on that SHACK they call the hall of fame when they opened it!
    Think about the people that beat them in there.....
    Madonna? (rock and roll????)
    Faces? ....What? Are you serious? You mean the back up band for Rod freakin' Stewart?!!
    Beastie Boys....I love me some Beastie Boys, but to put them in there before bands like Rush, no way....Absolutely NO way.

human dehumidifier
    Quote Originally Posted by khcaver View Post
    They deserve it totally! Have deserved it for years. They could have stopped in 1983 with their music and STILL would have had enough accomplishments to be in there. In fact they should have cut the ribbon on that SHACK they call the hall of fame when they opened it!
    Think about the people that beat them in there.....
    Madonna? (rock and roll????)
    Faces? ....What? Are you serious? You mean the back up band for Rod freakin' Stewart?!!
    Beastie Boys....I love me some Beastie Boys, but to put them in there before bands like Rush, no way....Absolutely NO way.
    I agree Rush belongs in. I agree they could have stopped in 1983. Sometimes I think they *should* have stopped then.

Your comment about the Faces just goes to show you don't know much about them though.
    When you get older, much of your hate comes from knowledge and experience, which is why really old people hate everyone

Afric Pepperbird
    The earlier, the better.

Working Man is where it's at!

Big Mac

Rush

Quote Originally Posted by wv_bob View Post

Your comment about the Faces just goes to show you don't know much about them though.
    I was gonna say the same thing. Rod Stewart and co. had it going on. A great band. And I dig rush too.

EMBA Member
    Saw Rush in the 70's or maybe it was the very early 80's. Amazing amount of sound coming out of three musicians.

PRETENDURO
    Neil wrote 96 or 97% of the lyrics. Alex and Geddy admitted many times to just sort of being “along for the ride” along an immense never-ending literary tidal wave, trying to keep up with the accompanying music they provided that might have a chance of being relevant to Neil’s deep lyrical insight. As a self-taught drummer/percussionist, Neil’s amazing timing perfection had me mesmerized for many decades; it is only now that I can follow some of those odd meter time signature changes (transitioning from 4/4 to 11/4 or even from 5/4 to 11/8 for example). I’ve missed two opportunities to see them live; the next time they are in my area (apparently not in 2013 according to their website) I will not hesitate.
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

PRETENDURO
    Quote Originally Posted by wv_bob View Post
    I agree Rush belongs in. I agree they could have stopped in 1983. Sometimes I think they *should* have stopped then.
    Something happened after the album Signals—I am not sure what, but that was the last album I could actually enjoy listening to. Sometimes your roots are there for you to follow; trying to “reinvent” your musical identity can take a downturn.

mtbr member
    I dig them... read: the older stuff.
    Hey Miraculous... Go Raiders ! .
    -Dad

Meatbomb

re member
    Mean mean pride.
    Quote Originally Posted by My Avatar
    WOOF!
    My videos on Vimeo

Front Range, Colorado
    I saw them Live in 1979 in Denver. An amazing show. And I always likes the early RUSH better than later years. I favorite being "Lakeside". I always felt a connection with that song having spent some of my childhood and early teens on Lake Ontario in Rochester N.Y. Although the song was about a park across the lake in Toronto. It still ranks #1 with me. Rush - "Lakeside Park" live 1976 - YouTube
    --------- __o
    ------- _`\<,_
    ------ (*)/ (*)
    ************^^^^^^^^^Rock Garden

~Disc~Golf~
    mmmm Meytal

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    In the 80s I saw 'em on May 24. I was a little disappointed that they didn't play Lakeside Park. Still think they are a great band - I may now consider the "rock-and-roll-hall-of-fame" a real thing now.
    I was gonna stop by and see you, but the Jehovas witnesses came by. When they left I started drinking. Voicemail from Paul

PRETENDURO
    Quote Originally Posted by highdelll View Post
    mmmm Meytal

WOW!!! Never met a lady with that sort of impeccable timing! Why, even my own wife was 1 hour late for our wedding…

~Disc~Golf~
    Quote Originally Posted by Leopold Porkstacker View Post
    WOW!!! Never met a lady with that sort of impeccable timing! Why, even my own wife was 1 hour late for our wedding…
    yeah, been over Emily for a while now (allllmost) - Meytal is where it's at right now
    my two faves in link form as to not 'ruin ' the Rush flow

THREE DAYS GRACE - I HATE EVERYTHING ABOUT YOU - DRUM COVER BY MEYTAL COHEN - YouTube

simple=sexy
    311 - AMBER - DRUM COVER BY MEYTAL COHEN - YouTube

Afric Pepperbird
    Quote Originally Posted by Leopold Porkstacker View Post
    ...to Neil’s deep lyrical insight....
    Let us not get carried away, here. Fine band, for sure. Deep lyrical insight? Not so much.

I build my own.
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    I saw them Live in 1979 in Denver. An amazing show. And I always likes the early RUSH better than later years. I favorite being "Lakeside". I always felt a connection with that song having spent some of my childhood and early teens on Lake Ontario in Rochester N.Y. Although the song was about a park across the lake in Toronto. It still ranks #1 with me. Rush - "Lakeside Park" live 1976 - YouTube
    No freakin' way! Were they touring with Max Webster then? I was on that tour (roadie with Max Webster). I know we played Denver but not sure of the year. 79 would be close.

Lakeside Park is actually about Port Dalhousie (pronounced "da loozey") near St. Catharines. My old stomping grounds.
    I have a device that can access the total knowledge of man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and argue with strangers.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast