Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    High Desert MTBer

Rockerc's 4 am thread! Whatcha gonna do Today?!?

I was here at 4 am, and am usually up then, or soon after then. It's hell getting older! The cats like to be up then too, and let me know.
    Today I am going for an early ride, I think a quick up and down on Upper Javelina, 90 mins round trip, then I am meeting someone to pick up a second hand fork, then gonna get back to Friday's work schedule from my desk here at home...
    Next week I am going to Taos for the weekend...
    It's all Here. Now.

mtbr member
    Me, gotta pack, get house ready, cut grass etc to leave for VT first thing tomorrow for about a week. Going up with some friends, and some of my kids friends. Finally got my hands on an excavator to fix the pond that Irene trashed a few years ago. Found some new mtb trails, the rivers running nice so tubing should be good too.
    Round and round we go

AZ
    banned
    Goin for a road ride before it gets too hot. Then I'm doin nuthin.

mtbr member
    Going into work along with the other lemmings.

official eMpTyBRain
    4am is a wee bit too early for me on the left coast
    ...and proud member of the anti-sock puppet desolation

see me rollin, they hatin
    probably going to break out the shlongoose and tear up the city. yeah!
    fap

NONDURO
    At 4AM I was sound asleep, dreaming about strange stuff. However, today I need to buy a new coffee maker, as my 1982 Krups finally stopped working (probably just a bunch of mineral deposits built up on the water heating electrodes, but unit does not have screws or proper removable fasteners holding it together, so no non-destructive way to service it) and do some food shopping… then it’s back to the honey-do list.
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

Front Range, Colorado
    Me up at 4:30 a.m. and off to work. Off work at 3:30 p.m. Maybe an evening local trail ride. But tomorrow and sunday for sure some local riding.
    --------- __o
    ------- _`\<,_
    ------ (*)/ (*)
    ************^^^^^^^^^Rock Garden

I didn't do it
    I was asleep at 4:30 am. Woke up at 6:30, got into work for the day and touched up the ol' resume.

more carbon=more awesome
    Taking the kids to the museum this morning, and I might find time to clean up the car and motorbike a bit later this afternoon. No riding, sadly.
    Posting on the basis that ignorance shared is ignorance doubled.

I eat cats
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    Me up at 4:30 a.m. and off to work.
    Same here.. Working market hours on the West Coast sux until I get out at 3pm and have the rest of the day to mess around.

High Desert MTBer
    I replaced the fork on my Salsa last night for a second-hand one I got a great deal on that has been rebuilt by the best mech in town. Got an inch more travel than the old one, and a 15mm thru axle that I have always wanted. I put my wider bars on it, and am gonna go test it in the steep rocky bits up the hill here when it gets light(er)... Tomorrow an adventurous pal and I are going to try and blaze a trail thru from Cochie Canyon Rd. to Bass Ass Pass in the Northern Tortolitas... should be a long hot day!
    Rained last night, so dirt is tacky this am! Yummy!
    It's all Here. Now.

Front Range, Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by rockerc View Post
    Rained last night, so dirt is tacky this am! Yummy!

"Dirt by Velcro"
    My favorite dirt.
    --------- __o
    ------- _`\<,_
    ------ (*)/ (*)
    ************^^^^^^^^^Rock Garden

No Stranger to danger....
    Im going to tend to my Gerbil farm and build another enclosure for the new arrivals and then start training them to run through 3 inch PVC plumbing pipes.
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....

I eat cats
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    Im going to tend to my Gerbil farm and build another enclosure for the new arrivals and then start training them to run through 3 inch PVC plumbing pipes.
    Go with 3.25" PVC. It may be a little big at first but when they grow up a little they will appreciate the extra clearance.

dru
    mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Gerbils? Whatcha gonna do with those Tone's? Something's amiss here......

As for you, Rocker, you poor sod, 4 am's too damn early. 5:20 is bad enough. I fell asleep last night around 9 on the couch and my wife booted me up to bed at 11.

I slept in today until 7 and then had an awesome ride on the GORBA trails in Guelph.

Rinse and repeat tomorrow.

Drew
    occasional cyclist

mtbr member
    We did it already....

see me rollin, they hatin
    i'll tell you what i just did, in case this turns anyone on, (tones?) but i was having a super specific craving for the black and white hostess cupcakes, so i made the trip down the store (on my bike, so i wouldnt feel so fat and pathetic) and when i brought them back into the house, i had to pee super bad, but i NEEDED my cupcakes. Next thing you know, i'm peeing on the toilet, while at the same time frantically tearing into the package and stuffing cupcakes in my face while audibly uttering agaghahgahghhhhh
    fap

dru
    mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Nicole, it sure sounds like you may have a marijuana abuse problem.......

Drew
    occasional cyclist

No Stranger to danger....
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB View Post
    i'll tell you what i just did, in case this turns anyone on, (tones?) but i was having a super specific craving for the black and white hostess cupcakes, so i made the trip down the store (on my bike, so i wouldnt feel so fat and pathetic) and when i brought them back into the house, i had to pee super bad, but i NEEDED my cupcakes. Next thing you know, i'm peeing on the toilet, while at the same time frantically tearing into the package and stuffing cupcakes in my face while audibly uttering agaghahgahghhhhh
    LOL, where you in the nude? and did you video it?
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....

NONDURO
    Quote Originally Posted by dru View Post
    Nicole, it sure sounds like you may have a marijuana abuse problem.......

Drew
    Uhh… sounds like she used it appropriately to me.
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

Flaccid Member
    Hmmm, Friday at 4:30 AM, I was sleeping soundly in the parking lot of the ice skating rink in Breckenridge, CO. Last day of racing for the Breck Epic... 6 days of racing, 40,000 vertical feet, most of it starting at 9600 feet and going up, up, up.

More info, if you're interested. The single track up there is pretty sweet, but the elevation, if you're a flat lander, will kick your azz in a royally huge fashion. My lungs are ripped from pedaling around up there.

The Breck Epic MTB Stage Race | 6-day MTB Stage Race ? Breckenridge, CO.
    "i'll brazilian when YOU do boy, right around the ol' rusty star. Actually, whole fruit bowl. Get on it!" NicoleB

dru
    mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Rocker, soon it will be 5:20 am again and the work week will start all over again.

2 days of riding this weekend for me, woot!

Well done, BOD! Can you still walk or pedal after all that abuse?

Drew
    occasional cyclist

High Desert MTBer
    Well, I was up at 4 am, got my sh*t together, then my pal came round to pick me up for our long ride... we were on the trail at 6, but my buddy was not feeling too good, said his tummy was bad from too much anti-bonk drink he had taken on to combat the inevitable heat.
    After an hour we stopped to give him a rest and he discovered he had his contacts in the wrong way round, so he changed them back and declared himself feeling much better, so we carried on... after about 2 hours we saw a fanny pack on the side of the trail waaaaay out in the desert, and when we checked it, there was a loaded 357 in there, and not much else. We hid it behind a cactus to pick up later and continued.
    After 2 1/2 hours, my buddy started to throw up suddenly, said he was feeling bad again. We waited a bit, he drank water, and soon felt OK to ride on. After a couple of minutes I was following him up a steep jeep road, and he suddenly swerved as a Stealth Rattler took a swing at him from the side of the trail. I was right behind him thinking he was passing out, but then the snake started to rattle so I swerved as hard too. He did not want to give ground, he was a feisty (not so) little guy!
    30 minutes later we picked up the fanny pack with the gun to take back with us, unloading it first... One hour later my buddy started throwing up again, so I offered to ride back and get the car, but he declined... we stopped, he drank more water, and after a bit we carried on.
    Not long after that, we made it back to the parking lot, and by then my buddy started to feel much worse. I got him under a faucet there, in the shade, gave him the ice packs from my cooler, and a cloth with frozen Witch Hazel I had in there, and he went to start the car... DEAD FU**ING BATTERY!!! No AC... He got thru to his wife, and eventually she came and we got going again. We got him home, and she is watching him closely.
    I called the PD nearest to where we found the gun, they didn't want to know, put me on to the Sherriff, they didn't want to know and put me onto my local PD here. Now I am waiting for them to come pick it up...

Some weird energy going round today! Roll on tomorrow at 4 am...
    It's all Here. Now.

dru
    mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Rocker, time to change it up. Get up at 4:15 and everything will be OK.

The gun thing is a bit scary.

If one was to happen across a handgun up here it wouldn't be connected to good people or things that's for sure!

Drew

Drew
    occasional cyclist

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast