Front Range, Colorado

Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame.

Anybody watch it tonight. Some good talent finally made it in two of which rocked the night. RUSH & HEART really put on a good live show. Plus the finally all talent rocked together on the crossroads song. If you missed it I'm sure HBO will be showing repeats this week.
    --------- __o
    ------- _`\<,_
    ------ (*)/ (*)
    ************^^^^^^^^^Rock Garden

Front Range, Colorado

A Masterpiece comedy bit....

One of the highlights of the night was RUSH guitarist Alex Lifeson's acceptence speach. He did his entire acceptence speach in BLAH,BLAH,BLAH. A reenactment of RUSH being on tour and getting the "long overdue "phone call telling RUSH they have been nominated and inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame. "It's just a bunch of blah,blah,blah. The crowd went nuts when he did this masterpiece comedy bit of blah,blah, blah. Here is a must see early amateur video of it. Please stay with it and watch the whole thing. I'm sure better versions will soon be posted. Definitely one for the history books. Etan G at Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Rush induction 2013 Alex Lifeson Blah Blah Blah Speech! - YouTube
    --------- __o
    ------- _`\<,_
    ------ (*)/ (*)

mtbr member
    While I never watch the Emmys or the likes because it seems like a big circle jerk and ruled by pr bs, I always watch this event because even thou it's a circle jerk in it's own right, and also controlled by the media machine, at least there's usually some great talent and entertainment along with it. This year was no exception, I mean come on, it took how long for Rush to get up in there?, and what a show they put on.
    Round and round we go

Front Range, Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by theMeat View Post
    While I never watch the Emmys or the likes because it seems like a big circle jerk and ruled by pr bs, I always watch this event because even thou it's a circle jerk in it's own right, and also controlled by the media machine, at least there's usually some great talent and entertainment along with it. This year was no
    exception, I mean come on, it took how long for
    Rush to get up in there?, and what a show they put

on.
    I completely agree and I also choose to watch this even solo. All the others are a waste of time. Yes RUSH put on an amazing show and HEART did as well. But the blah,blah,blah speech was one for the book's. No one in any other previous award event has ever given a speech like that. An utter comedy masterpiece in my opinion. If any of you missed it check out the link I provided in my above post.
    --------- __o
    ------- _`\<,_
    ------ (*)/ (*)

mtbr member
    Absolutely, the genius for me was how he said the ceremony is a bunch of blah blah blah in such a funny way, that you just could't get offended, yet his point was made clear.
    And Dave Grohl's induction speech for them was brilliant, and cut through the bs just as well.
    Round and round we go

Front Range, Colorado
    So nobody else watched this??
    At least watch the above link, and check out the blah,blah,blah speech. Well worth a click trust me.
    --------- __o
    ------- _`\<,_
    ------ (*)/ (*)

PRETENDURO
    Hmm, I was pretty sure this happened on April 18th. Am I stuck in a time warp?
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

Front Range, Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by Leopold Porkstacker View Post
    Hmm, I was pretty sure this happened on April 18th. Am I stuck in a time warp?
    LP stop stressing you are not in a time warp.
    Yes it happened on Apfil 18th but us mortals that couldn't attend the event live had to wait for it to be aired via the groove tube. That wasn't until May 18th on HBO. Check out the bottom of this link.
    The 2013 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony | The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum
    Last edited by DIRTJUNKIE; 05-23-2013 at 05:29 AM.
    --------- __o
    ------- _`\<,_
    ------ (*)/ (*)

PRETENDURO
    Ahhh, got it. Thanks.
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

Front Range, Colorado
    HBO rerunning it again tonight.
    --------- __o
    ------- _`\<,_
    ------ (*)/ (*)