Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    official eMpTyBRain

Rant: parking regulations suck!!!

Current mood: furious

For the past few of years, I have had a large commercial vehicle park in the alley way behind my home to deliver supplies. I was under the impression that the alley way was there for commercial deliveries in the first place since (1), the other side of the alley way is lined with businesses, and (2), I see other commercial vehicles parking there to deliver supplies to those businesses regularly.

But today as I was getting a delivery, a cop car pulled behind the delivery truck and waited. I went out to speak with the officer. Luckily, he was kind enough to give me a warning this time but he stated that there is no parking in the alley way at any time per state vehicle code. I told him that I see commercial vehicles parked there regularly and he said he'd cite them if he happened upon them. He suggested that I call the City to apply for a commercial vehicle parking permit. OK, that makes sense.

So, I called the city spoke with an engineer. He tells me that they cannot supply a permit that is used consecutively. He said I could apply for a permit for each delivery but each stop would cost me $58.00!!! Furthermore, he said that they cannot supply a bulk rate permit for this situation. He understood my situation and suggested just risking it since an occasional parking ticket is cheaper than $58.00 per stop for a permit which is twice each month.

Oh, it's a wonderful world we live in isn't it?
    ...and proud member of the anti-sock puppet desolation

more carbon=more awesome
    To protect and serve....
    Posting on the basis that ignorance shared is ignorance doubled.

Bro
    Where I do my thinking
    Can't you get your hookers delivered anywhere else?
    I've made some bad decisions like taking the gears off my bike. So here's the warning: Do not as I say, nor as I do.

mtbr member
    ^^^ lol

mtbr member
    FIGHT ! FIGHT ! FIGHT !

Storm City Hall and bring them to their knees !!

COME ON !!!.. Who's with me !?!?
    Hey Miraculous... Go Raiders ! .
    -Dad

mtbr member
    Say... is this a share your own rant thread ?? Or are you hogging this one to yourself?

If I can share mine... do I have to stay on the Parking topic?
    -Dad

official eMpTyBRain
    No hawging here, please let 'er fly!!!

AZ
    banned
    Fries, regular or sweet potato?

official eMpTyBRain
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty $anchez View Post
    Fries, regular or sweet potato?
    Whichever is fine, but they've been extra deep fried to a nice shade of BLACK!!! Call them extra crunchy

Raymond Donald Franklin
    Do you own the truck, or does it belong to your boss/company?

I realize you're just quoting the LEO, but it sounds more like a city ordinance than state vehicle code. I've delivered elevators and some large cooking equipments to Bay Area, which I think is far more congested than Glendale foothill area, in my 70-foot long semi. One time, I had to close off one lane (surface street) in the middle of Oakland for an hour and half. Haven't been harassed by any LEO thus far. Maybe I've been lucky.

I wish the state/city/county would stop using the law enforcement agencies as means of revenue collection, so the officers can focus on their real jobs.

mtbr member
    So, I live in a condo. I share a garage with my downstairs neighbor.
    The Garage is under the next door unit. We're in an end unit.
    I've gotten a complaint from her when we moved in last summer that I opened the garage to early, I think it was about 6am that day. " My bedroom is right above there and it feels like an earthquake"... " I'm going to complain to the HOA, it's not installed right"
    Ok, sorry about that, I'll try and not open it so early.
    " maybe wait until 9 or 10 am "

Yeah right, I'm thinking.

We've since made friends with her, we dont complain when her 6yr old grand daughter is bouncing off the wall at 6 am on a Sunday. I wait till 8 am on the weekends to open the garage. the big door is my only access) We've even given her good ( new out of the box, w/batteries) toys my son didn't want. Hi how ya doing chit chat and everything.

So today, I had some time to spend on this RC controlled Sailboat I'm building. and I needed to sand the hull formers. It's about 3:30pm. I pull the car out, put the sander on my cart and wheel it out to the open door. almost in the driveway , but under cover. it was drizzling out today.
    The sander is a table top horz. belt . it 's not as loud as my 3x21 porter cable belt sander, but it does make noise.

So I'm sander about 10 mins, when out of the corner of my eye I see her, walking to her car with a bag in her hand. I look and smile, she kinda smiles back. but not really, So i shut the sander down and say high, and as I'm about to ask her if I was too loud, she pipes up and say, " So , thats what the noise is.. it's rattling my place so bad , It's shaking the water glass on my counter. "

wow, that odd, I'm not touching the house or anything.

" Well, it's Very loud up there"

She turns and walks to her car, and I looked at my parts, while waiting for her to leave....

She goes back up stairs, and I'm thinking she'll be back down to go in a min. i can hear her walking on the floor above the garage. So i go back in the garage, goofing around, waiting...5 mins went by... F it. I unplug, put away the tools, pull the car back in, shut the door, and go inside.

No, she didn't ever leave, she just needed an excuse that she had to put the bag in the car to see what i was doing and complain...

So now, F u...

I usually put the Kayaks on the car in the evening the night before, hassle with locking them, so I dont have to open the door at 0'darkthirty. I'll leave my sunglasses in the car, when I'm taking the truck to work.. so i don't open the garage door.... i try and be extra quiet... I've had craphead noisy neighbors, and I dont want to be that guy...

Not anymore.
    that's my only access to the garage, it has my stuff in it, and i can go in there anytime i damn well choose. and I'm not putting myself out for her NO MORE!!

Go complain to the HOA if you got an Issue !!... I'm done.
    -Dad

official eMpTyBRain
    Quote Originally Posted by Katz View Post
    Do you own the truck, or does it belong to your boss/company?

I realize you're just quoting the LEO, but it sounds more like a city ordinance than state vehicle code. I've delivered elevators and some large cooking equipments to Bay Area, which I think is far more congested than Glendale foothill area, in my 70-foot long semi. One time, I had to close off one lane (surface street) in the middle of Oakland for an hour and half. Haven't been harassed by any LEO thus far. Maybe I've been lucky.

I wish the state/city/county would stop using the law enforcement agencies as means of revenue collection, so the officers can focus on their real jobs.
    It's a company who delivers goods to me. There isn't any other safe/legal parking option for them and I do not want to see them get any parking tickets on account of delivering to me. Of course, I'd pay it for them but I just don't want to see any bad blood between us. Technically, if the was kept from having deliveries, I'd be out of product and therefore out of business. Fvck that sh!t!!!

Raymond Donald Franklin
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    It's a company who delivers goods to me. There isn't any other safe/legal parking option for them and I do not want to see them get any parking tickets on account of delivering to me. Of course, I'd pay it for them but I just don't want to see any bad blood between us. Technically, if the was kept from having deliveries, I'd be out of product and therefore out of business. Fvck that sh!t!!!
    Well, that sucks.

Lots of people like conveniences of the modern life, but don't want to be inconvenienced by things that are making it possible, like a big truck parked in the back alley delivering groceries and stuff. Then they complain their "problem" to the authority, and the authority sees it as another source of revenue. It's unfortunate.

I hope you'll find some way around it. Not knowing the whole situation, that is about all I can say.

Prime
    Fishbucket, sounds to me like she wants you to go knock on her door, and then treat her like one of the hookers that Hawg keeps getting delivered to him.

Prime
    Katz, the fact that the LOE's don't mess with you probably has nothing to do with the tire thumper that you are carrying around while unloading, or the cargo chains that you wear like bandoleers, or the 18" biceps that you are sporting, or the fact that you open canned goods with your bare hands.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by The Understater View Post
    To protect and serve....
    Not sure the cop created the parking laws, but ignorance is fun and free.

Raymond Donald Franklin
    Aw, come on, Optimus. I'm an innocent harmless little fuzzball.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    Fishbucket, .
    Um..... No... now excuse me, I have to bleach this out of my brain..
    -Dad

Flaccid Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    Fishbucket, sounds to me like she wants you to go knock on her door, and then treat her like one of the hookers that Hawg keeps getting delivered to him.
    Been there, done that... Hawgs got good taste in his hooks. He likes the good expensive Japanese ones...
    "i'll brazilian when YOU do boy, right around the ol' rusty star. Actually, whole fruit bowl. Get on it!" NicoleB

Flaccid Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishbucket View Post
    Here, let me share with you some eye bleach.... Eye Bleach
    "i'll brazilian when YOU do boy, right around the ol' rusty star. Actually, whole fruit bowl. Get on it!" NicoleB

pin it
    Parking regulations are confusing
    Rant: parking regulations suck!!!-waea7.jpg

and

merciless

Rant: parking regulations suck!!!-parking-markos.jpg
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

Front Range, Colorado
    Well, that sucks.

Lots of people like conveniences of the modern life, but don't want to be inconvenienced by things that are making it possible, like a big truck parked in the back alley delivering groceries and stuff. Then they complain their "problem" to the authority, and the authority sees it as another source of revenue. It's unfortunate.

I hope you'll find some way around it. Not
    knowing the whole situation, that is about all I can
    say.
    I was on Hawgs side until I found out he was having hookers delivered. I don't blame the city for trying to get a peace of the action.
    --------- __o
    ------- _`\<,_
    ------ (*)/ (*)
    ************^^^^^^^^^Rock Garden

Flaccid Member
    Aw, come on, Optimus. I'm an innocent harmless little fuzzball.
    You, um, don't use the Kung Fu Death Grip when pleasuring yourself... I hope...

Bro
    Where I do my thinking
    Oh, oh, I got one!

So, we have four cars at my house, well, three vans and a big pickup truck. Four drivers who all need to do our own things, so these cars are all used relatively frequently. We have a two-car driveway, so we put two cars in there and the other two cars go on the street in front of our house.

Except that the lady who lives across the street likes to park her own car in front of our house. Even though she knows that we park there. And even though we're the last houses on the street, so there's plenty of room on either side of the street for ten cars or so to park, though the rest of the street is empty and available for parking. And this lady parks in front of our house even though there's plenty of room across the street at her house! If I get home before she does, it's all good because I can take my own parking space in front of my house, so that she has to park farther up the street from our house (rather than pulling a u-turn at the end of the street and coming back down to park in front of her own house). But if she gets home first, she parks directly in front of our house! That forces me to park way up the street on my side of the street. My mother thinks I should retaliate and park in front of the neighbor's house, but I refuse to stoop to their level. But I have no problem parking way close to the neighbor's car, so that she has trouble getting out (which she wouldn't have if she parked in front of her own house).

This is a new neighbor. I was here for winter break from college and she wasn't here, but she was here when I came back for the summer. And we never see her outside the house. We get along great with the rest of the neighborhood, always say hi and stop to chat when we see each other outside, but not her.

Anyways, just venting. I don't like it when people don't exhibit what's supposedly common courtesy.
    I've made some bad decisions like taking the gears off my bike. So here's the warning: Do not as I say, nor as I do.

Prime
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishbucket View Post
    Just a little grindin', then you can go sandin' all you want.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast