Page 1 of 31 1234511 ... LastLast
    banned
    Sep 2007

RandyBoys Hook Up thread

Show us what ya got, seeing as most of us spend some serious time doing things outdoors. Things that are fishy, of course... with pics.

I' ll let Ambassadorhawg lead off with a 12 pounder... Pics or it didn't happen.

mtbr member
    Trying to find my fishing photo album.

Here's a 28 pound Striper from Silverwood to gander at while I search... It's an old pic from the mid 90's. It hit a rogue in 18" of water on 10 lb test right up against a sandy beach. It immediately burned drag and towed the boat an honest 100 yards off the beach before it tired. Damn thing was half the size of our little alum bass boat of the time.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RandyBoys Hook Up thread-silverwood-striper.jpg  

Rabid Lana fan
    Nice catch!
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt I here
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt II here

mtbr member
    Wutchu got to contribute RandyBoy?

ready to ride
    I will have to dig up the pictures of my salt water exploits. Here is a Colorado Cutthroat though

Sent via my heady vibes from the heart of Pisgahstan

banned
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ambassadorhawg View Post
    Wutchu got to contribute RandyBoy?
    Honestly ( all fishermen are liars, not even their wives know what 6" looks like) I have to scan some photo's before I can host them and put them up. Let's just say I've caught some nice trout in my day.

Who can name this species of fish?

live long and huck
    My catch o' the day.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RandyBoys Hook Up thread-goldfish_crackers.jpg  

I didn't do it
    Quote Originally Posted by RandyBoy View Post
    Honestly ( all fishermen are liars, not even their wives know what 6" looks like) I have to scan some photo's before I can host them and put them up. Let's just say I've caught some nice trout in my day.

Who can name this species of fish?
    Is that a tiger trout?

~Disc~Golf~
    Wait, so this is not a 'dating' or FWB thread?
    The title is so misleading -
    Honestly... ahh I give up

mtbr member
    Here's a poaching picture...hee-hee-hee-hee-hee-hee-heeee!

Doesn't anyone else fish?!!! Come on people, let's see some of your catches.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RandyBoys Hook Up thread-4-pound-quarry-lmb.jpg  

banned
    Feb 2012
    I am only good at catching cold.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    I fish but normally forget to take pictures, maybe that's why I never actually catch anything.

I love fishes cause their so delicious.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by midnightlost View Post
    I love fishes cause their so delicious.
    Gotta love fishes

fresh fish in stock...... SuperModerator
    raised in TX...so I never lost the bass bug.

This lil' guy caught on a 4" handpour (witches T) tied to a cross carolina/texas rig with rattle....

I miss the dawn patrol double rigging. start with a top water lure, if they miss, pick up rig numero dos (with a plastic tied on)...cast it where they broke the surface..wait 7-10 seconds and BLAMMO

works like 90% of the time...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RandyBoys Hook Up thread-nick_fish_lores.jpg  

Click Here for Forum Rules

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by CHUM View Post
    I miss the dawn patrol double rigging. start with a top water lure, if they miss, pick up rig numero dos (with a plastic tied on)...cast it where they broke the surface..wait 7-10 seconds and BLAMMO

works like 90% of the time...
    We won tournament money with that trick many times.

banned
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by nwbikur View Post
    Is that a tiger trout?
    Good eye! What's it take to breed a tiger trout?

~Disc~Golf~
    What's it take to breed a tiger trout?
    Easy...

a tiger cock in a trout puss

mtbr member
    RandyBoy, ever fish Fin & Feather in Plamdale? Those gigantic trout they stock in there are supposedly a cross between a Rainbow and a Salmon. My biggest outta there is 11 pounds but I lost my way to get in because the member who used to invite me as a guest got kicked out.

~Disc~Golf~
    "a cross between a Rainbow and a Salmon"

well they are all salmonids right?
    Salmonidae - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by highdelll View Post
    "a cross between a Rainbow and a Salmon"

well they are all salmonids right?
    Salmonidae - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    What I meant is that these Rainbows grow as large as 30 pounds!!! They are massive!!!

~Disc~Golf~
    What I meant is that these Rainbows grow as large as 30 pounds!!! They are massive!!!
    yeah, I love fishin Steelies
    fcuk bioengineering and farms for fishing

banned
    Sep 2007
    RandyBoy, ever fish Fin & Feather in Plamdale? Those gigantic trout they stock in there are supposedly a cross between a Rainbow and a Salmon. My biggest outta there is 11 pounds but I lost my way to get in because the member who used to invite me as a guest got kicked out.
    I fished it once... also fished some stocker lake down in Irvine, CA for BS Lightning trout. Once was enough, never again... Pretty much took up fishing where there were lakes in in national forests with no launch fees when I had my little Gregor /Honda combo. I am suffering from a brain fart for the clever name I had for my boat. My handle on another board was Grand Teutons.... It's a long story ( a good one) how I came up with that name at a bar on the Trout Opener with a beer or two too much in me at high elevation.

Edit: Just remembered it... "Nuthing but Net".
    Last edited by Boyonabyke; 12-23-2012 at 12:56 AM.

banned
    Sep 2007
    Easy...

a tiger cock in a trout puss
    Those must bee some good shrooms from fresh cow patties you found after all this rain.

banned
    Sep 2007
    Wait, so this is not a 'dating' or FWB thread?
    The title is so misleading -
    OK, for you Dell, pics of your trophy dates... but in the pic, they gotta have more than one tooth... OK? No tweaker babes from Oroville, or the National Wildlife Refuge on the Feather River Low Flow or sh*thouse riffle, ya hear?

banned
    Sep 2007
    yeah, I love fishin Steelies
    fcuk bioengineering and farms for fishing
    Douglas City, Trinity River.

~Disc~Golf~
    OK, for you Dell, pics of your trophy dates... but in the pic, they gotta have more than one tooth... OK? No tweaker babes from Oroville, or the National Wildlife Refuge on the Feather River Low Flow or sh*thouse riffle, ya hear?
    I was hopin' this thread would help me to get girls with a full set of teeth .
    never wanted to publish 'conquests' of the O-Town tweaks

High Desert MTBer
    Wow! I strayed into the wrong thread here too! A whole other language going on that is all Greek to me!
    It's all Here. Now.

mtbr member
    Delll, these are not Steelhead. What I'm talking about are these nuclear treated, hormone injected "super-trout...
    Attached Images Attached Images     

mtbr member
    I loves me some fishin'

Sacramento river Salmon

Clear Lake bass

Collins Lake Rainbow

Petaluma River Sturgeon

Local City duck pond

My Boat..., Dads 45lb Salmon

Fish and Game heard about it and had to come see it. they weighed/measured and took samples.

Berryessa Lake Kokanee

Bon Tempe lake limit

mtbr member
    Delll, these are not Steelhead. What I'm talking about are these nuclear treated, hormone injected "super-trout...

Those are brusers !.. Lake Amador, east of Sacramento has those planded in it. I hav'nt made it there myself yet.

I didn't do it
    Good eye! What's it take to breed a tiger trout?
    I know they're hybrids but I'm not exactly sure between what species although I'm fairly sure brown is one half of the equation. Brookie for the other half? Funny thing is when I fist looked at the picture I saw the belly and was thinking brown, then I saw the fins and that idea was shot down. Then I finally saw the whole fish and it was tiger. Never actually caught or seen one but I've looked at some pics from friends. Pretty cool looking fish.

ready to ride
    Quote Originally Posted by nwbikur View Post
    I know they're hybrids but I'm not exactly sure between what species although I'm fairly sure brown is one half of the equation. Brookie for the other half? Funny thing is when I fist looked at the picture I saw the belly and was thinking brown, then I saw the fins and that idea was shot down. Then I finially saw the whole fish and it was tiger. Never actually caught or seen one but I've looked at some pics from friends. Pretty cool looking fish.
    Tiger trout are a hybrid between Brook trout and Brown Trout. You get the eagerness of a brookie to feed, and the aggressiveness of a brown. There are a few states that breed and stock them PA and UT I believe. The resulting crossbreeding equals a sterile fish. They do occasionally occur in the wild since both brook and browns spawn in the fall.

Fly fishing for trout has been my obsession for the better part of the last 20 years. Recently it has given way to mountain biking. Between getting spoiled on the fishing in WY/Yelllowstone and mountain biking here I don't fish my home waters enough. I need to change that, along with getting some offshore time the coming year.

Here are a few more...

Southern Spec

Been known to build rods too

Fine Spotted Snake River Cutthroat, not from the Snake but the species

Yellowstone Cutthroats

saw one of these up there too

I'm embarrassed to say I have a bunch of pictures from a backcountry trip in Yellowstone back in July that I haven't even gotten off the camera yet. Includes a closer than I wanted to be grizzly pic.

mtbr member
    I haven't seen any saltwater fishy pics yet, so here's a few...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RandyBoys Hook Up thread-lings-2.jpg  

RandyBoys Hook Up thread-big-goat-.jpg  

RandyBoys Hook Up thread-058.jpg  

RandyBoys Hook Up thread-003.jpg  

Attached Images Attached Images  

live long and huck
    What's the red one?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    What's the red one?
    It's a Sheephead. It was taken right off Vandenberg AFB on the Central Coast of California. It's the largest reported Sheephead that landing has ever had (19 lbs). My smiling face is on the wall inside the landing holding that beast. It supplied an incredible fight on freshwater bass gear. I was starting to doubt I would ever get it up to the gaff when it finally tired out and gave in.

live long and huck
    Cool. Nice pictures. I've never been much for fishing, no particular reason, just never got into it. I like being around the water though, which is probably pretty obvious being as I live in the desert.

I didn't do it
    Quote Originally Posted by mattnmtns View Post
    Tiger trout are a hybrid between Brook trout and Brown Trout. You get the eagerness of a brookie to feed, and the aggressiveness of a brown. There are a few states that breed and stock them PA and UT I believe. The resulting crossbreeding equals a sterile fish. They do occasionally occur in the wild since both brook and browns spawn in the fall.

Fly fishing for trout has been my obsession for the better part of the last 20 years. Recently it has given way to mountain biking. Between getting spoiled on the fishing in WY/Yelllowstone and mountain biking here I don't fish my home waters enough. I need to change that, along with getting some offshore time the coming year.
    Sounds like a fun fish to catch. Actually your story is similar to mine in that I used to fish all the time but now it's mountain biking for me. I'm hoping to get a more fishing in though. Those are some beautiful pics-talk about wetting my apatite!

mtbr member
    Anyone wanna get seasick? Watch this a few times.

<iframe width="960" height="540" src="http://contour.com/stories/offshore-rockfish-trip/embed?map=false&width=960px&height=540px" frameborder="0"></iframe>

AZ
    banned
    No pics, guess I need to start taking some but usually too busy fishing. Mostly flies for Grayling and Apache Trout, Rainbows when I get desperate. Some really nice fish in this thread.

mtbr member
    Proof that my bike camera works for fishing, too. I especially like the "fisheye" effect, LOL!

<iframe width="960" height="540" src="http://contour.com/stories/outer-banks-rockfishing/embed?map=false&width=960px&height=540px" frameborder="0"></iframe>

mtbr member
    I haven't seen any saltwater fishy pics yet, so here's a few...
    Nice Ling !

I'm not much of a Salty. Only been out a few times through the years. I had bought an OK Trident Kayak to attack the North Ca. coast.
    But, traded it for my Highball.

ready to ride
    Ok found a pic of my black marlin. This fishign trip started off slow as hell, pissing rain. Never been so cold hugging the equator. Had a few dorado, and small tuna, then pay off. Three marlin in the spread. Hooked two, the one on my rod stayed on. Team effort for sure.

The day after this the clouds cleared and had an amazing day catching dorado /mahi. No lie easily released way more than 50. Caught them on everything, trolling cigars, spin cast, and on the fly till they broke the fly rod. Good times, need to do that **** again sometime soon.

~Disc~Golf~
    Quote Originally Posted by mattnmtns View Post
    Ok found a pic of my black marlin. This fishign trip started off slow as hell, pissing rain. Never been so cold hugging the equator. Had a few dorado, and small tuna, then pay off. Three marlin in the spread. Hooked two, the one on my rod stayed on. Team effort for sure.

The day after this the clouds cleared and had an amazing day catching dorado /mahi. No lie easily released way more than 50. Caught them on everything, trolling cigars, spin cast, and on the fly till they broke the fly rod. Good times, need to do that **** again sometime soon.

That's pretty dang cool!

Speakin of Black Marlins (and hookups), in highschool we had a term for those ultra-hot chicks that you wanted to hook, but were 'out of your league'.

That term was 'Black Marlin'

EX:
    "hey, did you hear Jason hooked up with Tonya Jacobs?"
    "No way, that black marlin? right!"
    "Dood, I got proof... As soon as finish up this roll of film, I'll take it down to Kmart to have it developed"
    "Damn, I always wanted to hook that one "

What was really cool about that term, was that you could use it right in front of them and they would be none the wiser.

banned
    Sep 2007
    That's pretty dang cool!

Speakin of Black Marlins (and hookups), in highschool we had a term for those ultra-hot chicks that you wanted to hook, but were 'out of your league'.

That term was 'Black Marlin'

EX:
    "hey, did you hear Jason hooked up with Tonya Jacobs?"
    "No way, that black marlin? right!"
    "Dood, I got proof... As soon as finish up this roll of film, I'll take it down to Kmart to have it developed"
    "Damn, I always wanted to hook that one "

What was really cool about that term, was that you could use it right in front of them and they would be none the wiser.
    So Dell, would Emily Batten be a Black Marlin, or a hook up?

~Disc~Golf~
    So Dell, would Emily Batten be a Black Marlin, or a hook up?
    not sure who that is, but, yeah - probably; as I am old and ugly

banned
    Sep 2007
    not sure who that is, but, yeah - probably; as I am old and ugly

sp, think her last name is Batty. I feel sorry for you Delll, I may be old, ugly and smell fishy, but chicks still dig me.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Here's a nice day near Tahoe. Those trout were so strong I couldn't immagine killing them.
    <iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/45451363" width="500" height="375" frameborder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe> <p><a href="http://vimeo.com/45451363">Ride & fish & ride</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/user9652060">Matt Provencal</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

check your six
    ^ Super awesome video man!! That last trout looked real nice! Now I must find an epic place to ride/fish. How did you carry your fly rod with you?
    "We can always find excuses if we want to find them, but if we really want to do something, we have to just go."

mtbr member
    Really cool Huck! How sweet to watch a combo biking/fishing video!!!

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by sodak06 View Post
    ^ Super awesome video man!! That last trout looked real nice! Now I must find an epic place to ride/fish. How did you carry your fly rod with you?
    Thanks! Good thing I threw that nice one back because I swear I caught the same fish again on a very slow fishing day. I carry my nice rod in its aluminum tube inside a day pack along with the proper number of beers.

Page 1 of 31 1234511 ... LastLast