Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    26,030

    "pow" "krunch" "plop"

    "Holy Toothpaste Batman"

    I was just watching Barrett Jackson auto auction Live from Scottsdale.
    The "original" Batmobile just came up for sale. For the first time in history. Since it's build in 1966. Holy SHA-ZAM Robin it sold for a whopping $4.2 million. Tune in now for the New Vette up for sale for the first time. The winner gets #001 the first 2014 Vette off the line. Not the ZR-1 though. It just sold for $1million 50, bucks. Insane seeing how Chevy announced that if you could afford the 2013' Vette you can afford the 2014'. Retail price not announced yet. But the first one will be a collector, to me paying that is insane.
    How do you know if your bike has a Stava?

  2. #2
    workin' it Administrator
    Reputation: rockcrusher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    8,642
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE, View Post
    "Holy Toothpaste Batman"

    I was just watching Barrett Jackson auto auction Live from Scottsdale.
    The "original" Batmobile just came up for sale. For the first time in history. Since it's build in 1966. Holy SHA-ZAM Robin it sold for a whopping $4.2 million. Tune in now for the New Bette up for sale for the first time.
    Wow that is an insane amount for a george barris creation! Much less a lincoln.
    Try this: HTFU

  3. #3
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    26,030
    Quote Originally Posted by rockcrusher View Post
    Wow that is an insane amount for a george barris creation! Much less a lincoln.
    Yep he has made some "KRAZY" creations for sure. They usually don't bring much at auction. But the Batmobile is the most recognized car of all Hollywood cars. Some people just don't know how to blow their money. The new owner said he was going to knock down a wall and put it in his living room. As his trophy wife looked at him dumbfounded.
    Last edited by DIRTJUNKIE; 01-20-2013 at 11:01 AM.
    How do you know if your bike has a Stava?

  4. #4
    workin' it Administrator
    Reputation: rockcrusher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    8,642
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE, View Post
    Yep he has made some "KRAZY" creations for sure. They usually don't bring much at auction. But the Batmobile is the most recognized car of all Hollywood cars. Some people just don't know how to blow their money. The new owner said he was going to knock down a wall and put it in his living room. His trophy wife looked at him dumbfounded.
    I don't think the actually running version of the Batmobile for the most recent batman movie cost that much to make. And it was awesome and actually was functioning.
    Try this: HTFU

  5. #5
    workin' it Administrator
    Reputation: rockcrusher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    8,642
    Try this: HTFU

  6. #6
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    26,030
    There is only one word that comes to mind RC "INSANITY".
    How do you know if your bike has a Stava?

  7. #7
    humber river advocate
    Reputation: singlesprocket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    6,289
    George Barris built some funky whips...

    Barris Kustom Industries







    broadcasting from
    "the vinyl basement"

    build trail!

  8. #8
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    26,030
    Yep^^^^ I remember them all.
    The funny part of this was that the rich dude who dropped 4.2 million did it out of fantasy and not an investment. When they interviewed him he said that he grew up in that era and when he saw it at the auction he knew it was his. Most consumers of such a vehicle buy as a museum peace or a promotional object or just for the investment. They asked him what he was going to do with it. He responded seriously saying he was knocking a wall down and putting it in his living room. His young beautiful trophy wife gave him a look of discuss. I'm sure she's used to his eccentric ways.
    How do you know if your bike has a Stava?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •