Results 1 to 76 of 76
  1. #1
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    30,023

    Positions...on sleeping the right way.

    I slept on my right side for hours [apparently] and woke up at 2am with my hip muscle balled up in a painful knot. It's now 4am and I've been rolling around in pain ever since. Massaging it and moving it around hasn't helped any. I'm up for work in a half an hour anyway. Maybe I'll venture out into the 20 degree darkness and try to loosen it up by walking around the block.

    Anybody else have similar experiences with sleeping "wrong"?

    Time for a new mattress I suspect.

    The prices of mattresses these days could buy a nice bike or parts there of.
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)
    ************^^^^¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqpcBpSsj1A

  2. #2
    9 lives
    Reputation: cyclelicious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    12,029
    I use to sleep on alternate sides, and occasionally on my stomach. Since my crash, I can only sleep on my back...I've never slept on my back. It's a whole new sleeping style, and dreams are messed up.
    I have to undo 50 years of sleeping conformity!

    I agree with DJ, I'm also wondering whether a new mattress is necessary plus it's a shared investment. I have to consult with singlesprocket
    F*ck Cancer

    Eat your veggies

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: EugeneTheJeep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    658
    I uses to wake up with back/hip pain once in a while and I always sleep on my side. I took the Mrs advice and stuck a pillow between my knees while side sleeping, it works great! Try it
    2017 Giant Trance 2
    2015 Ghost Kato 5 (bikepacker)
    2016 GT Traffic 3.0 (commuter)
    1988ish GT Mach One

  4. #4
    Hi There!
    Reputation: TheGweed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,554
    Quote Originally Posted by EugeneTheJeep View Post
    I uses to wake up with back/hip pain once in a while and I always sleep on my side. I took the Mrs advice and stuck a pillow between my knees while side sleeping, it works great! Try it
    ding ding ding ding ding...we have a winnah!
    NTFTC

  5. #5
    EMBA Member
    Reputation: Ladmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,813
    A good mattress is worth whatever it costs, IMO. There is nothing like a good nights sleep - or put another way, a bad nights sleep puts a real damper on the tomorrows of your life. I sleep on my left side, and sleep very well. When I broke my humerous 2 years ago, I was a back sleeper for a couple months while it healed, and it just didn't work well for me. I ended up raising my chest/head area a little using a couple pillows, and that helped somewhat. We spent a lot on our mattress, and I've never regretted it for a second. My wife is a right side sleeper, and puts a pillow between her legs. Helps her with hip pain.

  6. #6
    Binned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    24,884
    Mattress law:

    "if it's over 8, it's time to replace".

    Mine is over 8. I think I sleep best on my back but I do roll onto my sides periodically. I have always been a poor sleeper, though. I too had hip pain from sleeping on my side over night. In fact, this is why I am up so early. That and I am getting older and I have confirmed arthritis in that hip.

    You can get an excellent mattress for well under $1000. If you consider just how important a role it plays in your survival, a mattress is priceless.

    Here's an incentive to help you make your new mattress purchase:

    Over time, dust mites can substantially increase the weight of your mattress. When you go to bed, they go to dinner.

    But don't just get a new mattress/box frame. Get new sheets, new pillow(s), and a new comforter/bed spread, too.

  7. #7
    EMBA Member
    Reputation: Ladmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,813
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    Over time, dust mites can substantially increase the weight of your mattress. When you go to bed, they go to dinner.
    We bought a solid foam mattress for two reasons, detailed below. It wasn't cheap, but it's been comfortable, and it helps with my allergies.

    Quotes from the net:

    "Dust mite feces rather than the actual dust mites are the cause of allergic reactions in bed. The dust that accumulates in a coil mattress is contaminated with dust mite feces. Common allergic reactions to dust mite feces are sneezing, itching, watery eyes and wheezing. Dust mite allergies have also been linked to headaches, fatigue and depression."

    "A solid memory foam mattresses or latex mattresses are by far the best mattresses for allergy sufferers. Because the core of these types of mattresses is not hollow, there is no incubator, no areas for dust mites to thrive in and no open cavity for the accumulation of allergens".

    "Beds are a prime habitat (where 1/3 of life occurs). A typical used mattress may have anywhere from 100,000 to 10 million mites inside. (Ten percent of the weight of a two year old pillow can be composed of dead mites and their droppings.) Mites prefer warm, moist surroundings such as the inside of a mattress when someone is on it. A favorite food is dander (both human and animal skin flakes). Humans shed about 1/5 ounce of dander (dead skin) each week".

  8. #8
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    30,023
    E Jeep mentioned using a pillow between your legs while on your side. I've been doing this sice I was a kid in the 60's. I figured it out all by myself without any doctors advice.


    And I agree it's the only way to sleep on your side without stressing your lower back. My hip issue from last night may have been from lack of doing this I'm not sure if I did do it last night. I'm pretty sure it's due to laying in one spot for a long time on a crappy mattress.

    BTW it's 7:30am now and I'm at work and my hip is still killing me.
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)
    ************^^^^¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqpcBpSsj1A

  9. #9
    ENDO!!!
    Reputation: The Yetti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    691
    We have a sleep number bed, takes some messing around with to figure out your "number" I normally sleep great on it, but the past week I have had a cast on my left ankle and have to sleep on my back... talk about some crazy dreams lately.
    Just circles turning circles....

  10. #10
    That makes me smart
    Reputation: Finch Platte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    13,955
    Here's a mattress thread in the OC of a music forum I frequent: http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/thread...advice.488340/
    "I can almost smell the alcohol oozing from that post."

    mtnbkrmike

    A global map of winds. Pretty cool.

  11. #11
    live long and huck
    Reputation: Optimus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    5,568
    I have a $2800 memory foam mattress, suffered buyers remorse when I bought it about 8 years ago. It converted me from a side sleeper to a flat out back sleeper, and man do I saw logs now. Amazing mattress, you actually settle into it until you reach a "support equilibrium", I've got a medium firmness so it's not all mush but decently supportive. Can't say as I would recommend anybody drop that kind of cash on a mattress, but it's been a long time since I've felt I paid too much for it.

    Oh, the foundation was another $1000.
    Low and slack.

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation: 53119's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    3,287
    spend moneys on a bed. cant have great days if you have shite nights.
    it's like riding the wrong bike

  13. #13
    Binned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    24,884
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladmo View Post
    We bought a solid foam mattress for two reasons, detailed below. It wasn't cheap, but it's been comfortable, and it helps with my allergies.

    Quotes from the net:

    "Dust mite feces rather than the actual dust mites are the cause of allergic reactions in bed. The dust that accumulates in a coil mattress is contaminated with dust mite feces. Common allergic reactions to dust mite feces are sneezing, itching, watery eyes and wheezing. Dust mite allergies have also been linked to headaches, fatigue and depression."

    "A solid memory foam mattresses or latex mattresses are by far the best mattresses for allergy sufferers. Because the core of these types of mattresses is not hollow, there is no incubator, no areas for dust mites to thrive in and no open cavity for the accumulation of allergens".

    "Beds are a prime habitat (where 1/3 of life occurs). A typical used mattress may have anywhere from 100,000 to 10 million mites inside. (Ten percent of the weight of a two year old pillow can be composed of dead mites and their droppings.) Mites prefer warm, moist surroundings such as the inside of a mattress when someone is on it. A favorite food is dander (both human and animal skin flakes). Humans shed about 1/5 ounce of dander (dead skin) each week".
    Oh lovely, dust mite shit. We are all sleeping in it....

  14. #14
    Binned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    24,884
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    My hip issue from last night may have been from lack of doing this I'm not sure if I did do it last night. I'm pretty sure it's due to laying in one spot for a long time on a crappy mattress.
    Might also be from not riding.

  15. #15
    live long and huck
    Reputation: Optimus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    5,568
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    Oh lovely, dust mite shit. We are all sleeping in it....
    That's why your mattress always feels it fits better after a 5 year break in. Nice and cozy.
    Low and slack.

  16. #16
    live long and huck
    Reputation: Optimus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    5,568
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    Might also be from not riding.
    Atrophy???
    Low and slack.

  17. #17
    Binned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    24,884
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    Atrophy???
    yep

    ...and, it's easy to blame all of our troubles on a lack of riding...

  18. #18
    live long and huck
    Reputation: Optimus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    5,568
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    yep

    ...and, it's easy to blame all of our troubles on a lack of riding...
    Even the emotional ones.
    Low and slack.

  19. #19
    Binned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    24,884
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    Even the emotional ones.
    Especially those

  20. #20
    Meatbomb
    Reputation: Phillbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    5,858
    I don't fall for the replace at 8 marketing hype.

    I have a memory foam and love it.

  21. #21
    That guy
    Reputation: Cornfield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    4,578
    I sleep doggy style!
    American Idle

  22. #22
    Binned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    24,884
    I used to sleep hanging upside down from the ceiling until I met my wife.

  23. #23
    Rabid Lana fan
    Reputation: net wurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    8,697
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornfield View Post
    I sleep doggy style!
    18 hours a day?
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt I here
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt II here

  24. #24
    Binned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    24,884
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornfield View Post
    I sleep doggy style!
    Yo-yo-yo!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Positions...on sleeping the right way.-oc7.jpg  


  25. #25
    That guy
    Reputation: Cornfield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    4,578
    Quote Originally Posted by net wurker View Post
    18 hours a day?
    Think I feel a nap coming on
    American Idle

  26. #26
    Rabid Lana fan
    Reputation: net wurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    8,697
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt I here
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt II here

  27. #27
    mtbr member
    Reputation: chuckha62's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,026
    My wife and I have tried a few types of mattresses over the last 30 years. Four years ago we bought a memory foam mattress and I have never slept better.

    Alot depends on where our Jack Russell sleeps, though. She's usually pressed up against me. Spoiled brat!
    One gear is all you need.

  28. #28
    live long and huck
    Reputation: Optimus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    5,568
    That's 3 pluses now for memory foam. Kinda pricey DJ. Sell your bike, being as you don't ride it anyway, buy a memory foam. You won't regret it.
    Low and slack.

  29. #29
    Rabid Lana fan
    Reputation: net wurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    8,697
    Jett seems content on an old ragged out 60 dollar Costco mattress.
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt I here
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt II here

  30. #30
    That guy
    Reputation: Cornfield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    4,578
    Quote Originally Posted by net wurker View Post
    Jett seems content on an old ragged out 60 dollar Costco mattress.
    Did you just take that piktar?
    American Idle

  31. #31
    Rabid Lana fan
    Reputation: net wurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    8,697
    Yeah, selfy.
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt I here
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt II here

  32. #32
    Binned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    24,884
    Quote Originally Posted by net wurker View Post
    Jett seems content on an old ragged out 60 dollar Costco mattress.
    You can buy a mattress for $60?!!! Where?, I need a new bed!

  33. #33
    Rabid Lana fan
    Reputation: net wurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    8,697
    At Costco. Do you have those? It's one of those "Sam's Club" kinda places.

    Kirkland Signature? Pillow Top Orthopedic Pet Napper in Brown Faux Suede
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt I here
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt II here

  34. #34
    live long and huck
    Reputation: Optimus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    5,568
    Quote Originally Posted by net wurker View Post
    At Costco. Do you have those? It's one of those "Sam's Club" kinda places.

    Kirkland Signature? Pillow Top Orthopedic Pet Napper in Brown Faux Suede

    Ooh, that's a nice one there, Hawg.

    Your pet or Hawg will sleep soundly in this Kirkland Signature™ luxury pet bed. Orthopedic memory foam with cooling gel provides gentle support for your pet’s pressure points. The plush pillow top design provides additional comfort and is filled with 100% recycled fiber. The upholstery-grade home décor fabric cover is zippered and removable for easy care.

    • Color: Brown/White faux fur pillow top w/brown /textured faux suede gusset
    • Solid Polyester Bottom
    • Bottom filled with 100% Polyurethane Memory Foam with cooling gel
    • Pillow Top filled with 100% Polyester fiberfill
    • YKK zippers
    • Dimensions: 36” x 40” for larger breeds or riders of size small bikes
    Low and slack.

  35. #35
    Binned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    24,884
    Quote Originally Posted by net wurker View Post
    At Costco. Do you have those? It's one of those "Sam's Club" kinda places.

    Kirkland Signature? Pillow Top Orthopedic Pet Napper in Brown Faux Suede
    Yes, we have both. Headed there now...

  36. #36
    That guy
    Reputation: Cornfield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    4,578
    Quote Originally Posted by net wurker View Post
    Yeah, selfy.
    Nice, nett!

    Love the lazy eyez.
    American Idle

  37. #37
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Mr Pig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,052
    My wife kept complaining that our mattress hurt her back so we bought a new one she's happy with. But I hate! So for several years now I've slept on the floor. Yip, I can sleep better on the floor than the mattress.

    But I can only lie in certain positions or it hurts my hips or shoulders.

  38. #38
    Rabid Lana fan
    Reputation: net wurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    8,697
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornfield View Post
    Did you just take that piktar?
    I read this wrong, initially. I read it as "did he take that picture?"

    He took that selfy when I was bringing him to work with me earlier this year, right after he had his ACL surgery. (notice the giant scar)
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt I here
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt II here

  39. #39
    live long and huck
    Reputation: Optimus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    5,568
    Quote Originally Posted by net wurker View Post
    (notice the giant scar)
    Hadn't noticed, I was busy admiring his fine pedicure.
    Low and slack.

  40. #40
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    30,023
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    Hadn't noticed, I was busy admiring his fine pedicure.
    And I didn't even notice his paw close up until you said that. Give me a break my hip still hurts.
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)
    ************^^^^¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqpcBpSsj1A

  41. #41
    That guy
    Reputation: Cornfield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    4,578
    Quote Originally Posted by net wurker View Post
    I read this wrong, initially. I read it as "did he take that picture?"

    He took that selfy when I was bringing him to work with me earlier this year, right after he had his ACL surgery. (notice the giant scar)
    Are those medicated eyez, rather than just lazy eyez?
    American Idle

  42. #42
    mtbr member
    Reputation: DavidM310's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    30
    I sleep on my left side and I place a pillow in between my legs. It helps keep your spine straight and not put stress on back muscles.

    2013 Trek 820
    2016 Trek Marlin 6

  43. #43
    Rabid Lana fan
    Reputation: net wurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    8,697
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornfield View Post
    Are those medicated eyez, rather than just lazy eyez?
    Just lazy eyez.
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt I here
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt II here

  44. #44
    NDD
    NDD is online now
    Baby boy
    Reputation: NDD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,129
    Does anyone have nightmares if they sleep only a specific way? For me, if I roll onto my back it's a sure thing I'll have one. Never on my sides or stomach though.
    dang

  45. #45
    Binned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    24,884
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Pig View Post
    My wife kept complaining that our mattress hurt her back so we bought a new one she's happy with. But I hate! So for several years now I've slept on the floor. Yip, I can sleep better on the floor than the mattress.
    On the floor is where socks belong, so it's no wonder...

  46. #46
    live long and huck
    Reputation: Optimus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    5,568
    Quote Originally Posted by NDD View Post
    Does anyone have nightmares if they sleep only a specific way? For me, if I roll onto my back it's a sure thing I'll have one. Never on my sides or stomach though.
    No, but if I have pizza, Skittles, and ice cream right before bed I tend to have some pretty strange dreams.
    Low and slack.

  47. #47
    That makes me smart
    Reputation: Finch Platte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    13,955
    This may help:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ryApUVdLGQ

    Killing Joke's Night Time.
    "I can almost smell the alcohol oozing from that post."

    mtnbkrmike

    A global map of winds. Pretty cool.

  48. #48
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    243
    I bought two memory foam mattresses from Amazon. They were the best i ever slept on. Very affordable too for memory foam, less than $500. In 2010 i had pain in my lower back that used to wake up because of it. Light weight lifting took care of that.

    Sent from my LG-H818 using Tapatalk
    2009 Stumpjumper Comp HT.
    An old Trek 820 ST.

  49. #49
    NDD
    NDD is online now
    Baby boy
    Reputation: NDD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,129
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    No, but if I have pizza, Skittles, and ice cream right before bed I tend to have some pretty strange dreams.
    That would be preferable to any variation on the "hag dream".

    And that's one heck of a combo.
    dang

  50. #50
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Fuzzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    545
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    No, but if I have pizza, Skittles, and ice cream right before bed I tend to have some pretty strange dreams.
    Not to mention probably Sh*ttles!

  51. #51
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    30,023
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzle View Post
    Not to mention probably Sh*ttles!
    Funny that a woman would talk like that publicly.
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)
    ************^^^^¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqpcBpSsj1A

  52. #52
    Maaaaan
    Reputation: Ericmopar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    4,253
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    Funny that a woman would talk like that publicly.
    I think the ball and chain in her new avatar represents her husband. No?
    Communist Party Member Since 1917.

  53. #53
    Maaaaan
    Reputation: Ericmopar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    4,253
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclelicious View Post
    I use to sleep on alternate sides, and occasionally on my stomach. Since my crash, I can only sleep on my back...I've never slept on my back. It's a whole new sleeping style, and dreams are messed up.
    I have to undo 50 years of sleeping conformity!

    I agree with DJ, I'm also wondering whether a new mattress is necessary plus it's a shared investment. I have to consult with singlesprocket
    Sleeping on her back all the time, can also invite all kinds of nocturnal trouble from her man friend as well. Hmmmm.
    Communist Party Member Since 1917.

  54. #54
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    30,023
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohammedqur View Post
    I bought two memory foam mattresses from Amazon. They were the best i ever slept on. Very affordable too for memory foam, less than $500. In 2010 i had pain in my lower back that used to wake up because of it. Light weight lifting took care of that.

    Sent from my LG-H818 using Tapatalk
    That's probably the route I'll go eventually.
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)
    ************^^^^¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqpcBpSsj1A

  55. #55
    Rabid Lana fan
    Reputation: net wurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    8,697
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    Funny that a woman would talk like that publicly.
    Really? Pretty tame compared to some of the stuff Nicole used to post.
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt I here
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt II here

  56. #56
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    30,023
    Quote Originally Posted by net wurker View Post
    Really? Pretty tame compared to some of the stuff Nicole used to post.
    The difference being Nicole was an actual woman and this ones a sock of a male mtbr member.
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)
    ************^^^^¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqpcBpSsj1A

  57. #57
    Rabid Lana fan
    Reputation: net wurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    8,697
    Maybe she could post a picture of herself, to prove she isn't?

    Something revealing, maybe.

    Can't pull the wool over DJ's eyes. (get it, wool?)
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt I here
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt II here

  58. #58
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    30,023
    Quote Originally Posted by net wurker View Post
    Maybe she could post a picture of herself, to prove she isn't?

    Something revealing, maybe.

    Can't pull the wool over DJ's eyes. (get it, wool?)
    He already did post a fake photo of her awhile ago. She was drinking a glass of wine with a George Bush look alike in the background, remember?
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)
    ************^^^^¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqpcBpSsj1A

  59. #59
    Rabid Lana fan
    Reputation: net wurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    8,697
    That really was George Bush. She has political ties.
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt I here
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt II here

  60. #60
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jackbombay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    673
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    The difference being Nicole was an actual woman and this ones a sock of a male mtbr member.
    Is there a cheat sheet of sorts that anyone has compiled which keeps track of socks and their "masters"? I don't expect it to be posted publicly, or sent to me in PM as administrators can read PMs, but such a list could be emailed....

  61. #61
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    30,023
    jackbombay jackbombay is online now
    mtbr member

    Reputation:

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    666


    Scary post count.
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)
    ************^^^^¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqpcBpSsj1A

  62. #62
    live long and huck
    Reputation: Optimus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    5,568
    Quote Originally Posted by jackbombay View Post
    Is there a cheat sheet of sorts that anyone has compiled which keeps track of socks and their "masters"? I don't expect it to be posted publicly, or sent to me in PM as administrators can read PMs, but such a list could be emailed....
    Like a "Dead Pool."
    Low and slack.

  63. #63
    tacos al carbon
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    4,793
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornfield View Post
    I sleep doggy style!
    Lol!
    ...

  64. #64
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    30,023
    Quote Originally Posted by Deerhill View Post
    Lol!
    That's not funny it's true, don't embarrass him any more than he has already endured.
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)
    ************^^^^¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqpcBpSsj1A

  65. #65
    That guy
    Reputation: Cornfield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    4,578
    It's waaay past my bedtime
    American Idle

  66. #66
    tacos al carbon
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    4,793
    Spleeping doggie is a new one to me. Would one need a special contraption to try it out, or just propped up and cross your fingers?
    ...

  67. #67
    That guy
    Reputation: Cornfield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    4,578
    Quote Originally Posted by Deerhill View Post
    Spleeping doggie is a new one to me. Would one need a special contraption to try it out, or just propped up and cross your fingers?
    Being as lazy as possible is the only requirement.

    Positions...on sleeping the right way.-10-stenatek-ktera-usnula-ve-velmi-prapodivnych-pozicich6.jpg
    American Idle

  68. #68
    tacos al carbon
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    4,793
    ...

  69. #69
    Ride More, Work Less
    Reputation: heyyall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,775
    DJ, nice detective work above, but remember the first rule about sock club--do not talk about sock club.


    As for mattresses, get a $60 costco membership and buy one of their Novaform mattresses ($600). Get the firmest memory foam mattress you can if you actually want to sleep soundly and not hurt.

    Novaform Flextech Memory Foam Mattress

    Once you get the mattress home, you can "return" your costco membership so you only pay for the price of the mattress.

    The other option, and this will sound silly, is to buy this sucker
    REI Camp Bed 3.5 Self-Inflating Pad - Special Buy - REI.com

    Sleep a few nights on the floor with this and see if you feel better. I have a 2.5" version that I sleep roughly 30 nights a year on. I sleep as well with it as I do on my costco memory foam mattress.

  70. #70
    mtbr member
    Reputation: streem26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    9
    About mattress ..Silent Night I have had the non turn ones and they kept collapsing, and neither of us are porkers. Customer care was terrible too and ended up being thrown away.

    SealyI have had for about 15 years, and is still going strong, but it became a spare room bed a while ago. Bit firm but comfy.

    Current Mattress is a Simmons beautyrest recharge It's coming up to 3 years old, and no wear, great and comfy, no rolling into each other. Still looks and feels brand new. Best bed I've ever slept in.
    Last edited by streem26; 08-15-2016 at 01:57 PM.

  71. #71
    That guy
    Reputation: Cornfield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    4,578
    I've been sleeping to the left lately.

  72. #72
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    30,023
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornfield View Post
    I've been sleeping to the left lately.
    Sure, that's easy when you sleep by yourself. Unless of course you are argumentative.
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)
    ************^^^^¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqpcBpSsj1A

  73. #73
    That guy
    Reputation: Cornfield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    4,578
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    Unless of course you are argumentative.
    Nah, sleeping sideways helps when there's augmentation.

  74. #74
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    30,023
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornfield View Post
    Nah, sleeping sideways helps when there's augmentation.
    So you've had breast augmentation?
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)
    ************^^^^¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqpcBpSsj1A

  75. #75
    That guy
    Reputation: Cornfield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    4,578
    No, something else grows at night/increases in size very early in the morning.

  76. #76
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    30,023
    TMI
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)
    ************^^^^¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqpcBpSsj1A

Similar Threads

  1. Swept bars and hand positions
    By BmoreKen in forum 29er Bikes
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 01-05-2014, 08:11 AM
  2. Monarch RT not enough rebound positions ?
    By keen in forum Shocks and Suspension
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-15-2012, 12:48 AM
  3. Different Cleat Positions
    By Bwick84 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-21-2012, 03:10 PM
  4. 2010 SID Team - How many rebound positions?
    By eauxgod in forum Shocks and Suspension
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-09-2011, 08:59 AM
  5. New Gopro mounting positions
    By 62kona in forum Downhill - Freeride
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-11-2011, 09:37 PM

Members who have read this thread: 1

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •