Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    T.W.O.

Police shot a dog and then deny wrong doing. Outrageous!!!

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Nothing is worse than a police state. Lets cook some bacon!

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Need a pic (mugshot) of the cop

T.W.O.
    I wanna know what the K9 unit has to say about this. They lied then when caught they are not available for comment. I like cops but this is BS.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by musikron View Post
    Lets cook some bacon!

Done.
    Hey Miraculous... Go Raiders ! .
    -Dad

pin it
    Very sad story and even more disturbing is that this has happened on other occasions. Words fail me
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

mtbr member
    My comment posted on a picture of two K9 officers with their dogs on the departments facebook page...

" Too bad it wasn't you guys who showed up to the Luu families call, them maybe their dog would still be alive! "

being a public forum i didn't want to express my true feelings publicly! I'm waiting to see what kind of fall out I may get. you know how those pesky letters on the computer screen can hurt peoples feelings these days
    '11 Jedi
    '01 Straight8
    '01Rocket88< ran over it.. always do a full walk around!
    '00 Homegrown

T.W.O.
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclelicious View Post
    Very sad story and even more disturbing is that this has happened on other occasions. Words fail me
    Agree, they just threw any commonsense out the door when they clocked into work. I do understand that it's a myth that everyone believe that the police are there to protect and serve. Yes, but not the citizens. They are there to protect and serve the law, that's their job. This is senseless, not even a collateral damage, Uggh! I'm mad.

Well here's mine at on his 2nd birthday

Prime
    Nice doggy. mimi.

mtbr member
    I've pepper sprayed dogs, even a pitbull that ran up and bit me on the back of the leg while at a residence investigating of all things, a dog complaint. I've never felt the need to have to shoot a dog though I've threatened to do so when owners allowed potentially dangerous dogs run at large despite warnings. There are times when it could possibly be necessary but in the video, that certainly doesn't look the case. The dog seemed to me to be charging and barking but didn't seem to be attempting to bite. Certainly something that could have been avoided. BTW, I'm a police K9 handler.

T.W.O.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nubster View Post
    I've pepper sprayed dogs, even a pitbull that ran up and bit me on the back of the leg while at a residence investigating of all things, a dog complaint. I've never felt the need to have to shoot a dog though I've threatened to do so when owners allowed potentially dangerous dogs run at large despite warnings. There are times when it could possibly be necessary but in the video, that certainly doesn't look the case. The dog seemed to me to be charging and barking but didn't seem to be attempting to bite. Certainly something that could have been avoided. BTW, I'm a police K9 handler.

That's awesome looking pup. Belgian Malinois?

I'm working on his Schutzhund 1 right now. At least twice a week I'm faced with big dogs with grudges gunning toward me, of course it's the protect dog training and it's a big fun and game for them. Never once I feel like I have to get a gun or an object to shoot them. That said I understand some dogs I don't know, but still never crossed my mind that I'd be bitten by any dogs especially ones that I don't handle.

So Nubster, what's your take on this incident. I'm dying to know. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    Nice doggy. mimi.
    Thanks much.

Prime
    BTW, I'm a police K9 handler.
    Thank you for your service, and for keeping us citizens safe.

mtbr member

True Dog owners are a breed of our own!... cool looking furry baby! kinda looks like my Karma( 3.5yr.old choco.Lab![laugh out loud])
    '11 Jedi
    '01 Straight8
    '00 Homegrown

mtbr member
    He's a Dutch Shepherd. Different breed, same breed, depends on who you ask...lol

My take...I think it was something that could have been avoided. No doubt. First thing, if the property was posted, call first and make sure the dog(s) are secure. If that's not possible for some reason, request the people to come out to the officer. Since the warning signs were disregarded, the dog was doing what dogs do. The officers came on to his yard. She was protecting her family and her territory. I think that the female officer definitely over reacted at the sight of the "aggressive" dog and made a bad decision. Now in her defense, I'm sure the sight of that dog was a bit frightening, but I have a feeling that if she would have stayed collected, the dog would have barked and growled and nothing else. The owner could have came out and secured the dog. IMO, the dog should have been sprayed or tasered if anything, not shot. Not that quickly anyways.

So, it was disregard of the signs that led to this incident and bad decision making that lead to the shooting. Of course this is Monday morning quarter backing. I don't know that the dog was shot maliciously but definitely out of panic. IMO, the department should look hard at serious disciplinary action even firing. There's no place on the road for an officer that panics and shoots, even a dog.

mtbr member
    the two officers need to man up, give a very big public apology, buy them a new puppy and cover the dogs food and vet bills for 15years
    '11 Jedi
    '01 Straight8
    '00 Homegrown

official eMpTyBRain
    I guess I'm the only one who doesn't see this to be a complete screw up. It's just a bad circumstance. Clearly there was no sign of any dog(s) otherwise they would not have left the gate open behind them. The only thing they could have done to prevent this from ending badly would have been to call (on the phone) the man out when they arrived. Sad for the dog and it's owners.
    ...and proud member of the anti-sock puppet desolation

mtbr member
    The one officer didn't really do anything wrong. Yeah, he went in the yard but had enough sense to leave the yard and shut the gate. The female officer, the more I think about it the more I think she needs **** canned. The other one, some sort of action but not firing. And yes, the department needs to just say, our guys f'ed up and offer up some compensation. They also need to do some training with the officers so that this might be avoided in the future.

official eMpTyBRain
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    I guess I'm the only one who doesn't see this to be a complete screw up. It's just a bad circumstance. Clearly there was no sign of any dog(s) otherwise they would not have left the gate open behind them. The only thing they could have done to prevent this from ending badly would have been to call (on the phone) the man out when they arrived. Sad for the dog and it's owners.
    EDIT: Perhaps the dog owner should have been aware of expected visitors and acted appropriately by locking the dogs up.
    ...and proud member of the anti-sock puppet desolation

mtbr member
    I still think that the female did screw up. She freaked and shot the dog. It's pretty clear to me on the video that the shepherd wasn't attempting to bite her. You can see when the dog runs up she stops and barks and the way she's kinda bouncing up and down on her front feet to me indicates she isn't in attack mode, she's in hey, I don't know who the hell you are, why are you in my yard mode.

mtbr member
    EDIT: Perhaps the dog owner should have been aware of expected visitors and acted appropriately by locking the dogs up.
    That's a good point too. They did call the police so they knew they were coming.

mtbr member
    I really have to agree with this.
    You don't let large, aggressive looking dogs run loose in your front yard, where strangers are bound to show up. This is a very regrettable incident, but it could have been avoided by the dog's owners.
    Its all Shits and Giggles until somebody Giggles and Shits

T.W.O.

Police shot a dog and then deny wrong doing. Outrageous!!!

Agreed! It was not an emergency call, just a follow up. She was scared no doubt as seen on the vid as she walked out with the gun in her hand. Sadly, this is not the first or even few incidents of police shooting pet dogs.

I propose that you plan some training to reduce the fear of dogs in the pd. this would help out our four legged friends a whole lot.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the issue. It certainly makes me feel better.

mtbr member
    sorry! I"m Sorry! I just couldn't help myself! hope I don't offend anyone!..

Riggs makes up with the dog - YouTube
    '11 Jedi
    '01 Straight8
    '00 Homegrown

T.W.O.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewtality View Post
    I really have to agree with this.
    You don't let large, aggressive looking dogs run loose in your front yard, where strangers are bound to show up. This is a very regrettable incident, but it could have been avoided by the dog's owners.
    I have to disagree here, because clearly both pups are not aggressive, in fact it's the opposite they are quite friendly and calm. This is a private property, signs were posted to bring attention to any visitors. It was avoidable from many perspective but not from the dogs and dogs owner point of view.

For one thing, it's a non emergency follow up both officers could have called from the front, ok no problem. After that the male officer pet the pitbull, before he left his partner alone to deal with the dog, he should have communicate with her and get her to wait outside with him. Then leave the front gate together. Is that too much to ask, or it would have made too much sense.

pin it
    I'm a dog owner. I've never been bitten or attacked by a dog... maybe I'm lucky.. I don't know. I'm trying to understand the police officer's reaction and the article doesn't explain so I'll have to surmise. The PO might not have had any training or experience in what to do when encountering a dog and didn't how to interpret the dogs body language. The PO might have had some unresolved fear of dogs and might have been bitten or attacked by a dog in the past. If that's the case she didn't have much insight in responding in a safe manner even if the dog appeared aggressive

Her reaction seems extreme.
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast