Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    High Desert MTBer

Phil Robertson out of the closet??!?

I heard today that this famous duck hunter (?) has broken down and 'fessed up to a long suppressed love for the ol' brown eye! Any truth to this?
    It's all Here. Now.

mtbr member
    That would make it a bit more interesting story but still not news worthy. The fact it's on every news channel multiple times a day says more about who we are then Mr quack maker ever could.
    Round and round we go

Sockaholic
    Oct 2005
    You know what they call beards in prison.................

mtbr member
    All I know is when I line up an anus and a vagina side-by-side, as I like to do, and study them real hard, all I see is either end of a duck call. Now, I know it don't make a lot of sense, but sin never does, and so I should probably just stay away from duck calls.
    You're so cute internet tough guy. Noogie...Noogie...Noogie.

mtbr member
    Here come the hypocrites ....

Why is one persons belief of it to be ok... more worthy than one persons belief for it not to be

mtbr member
    oh crap!!

High Desert MTBer
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishbucket View Post

Why is one persons belief of it to be ok... more worthy than one persons belief for it not to be
    I have to say that I do rather agree with you FB, Old Duckie has as much right to his beliefs as the next person, the fact that he considers homosexuality a 'sin' is a little retarded in my book, but then that comes as no surprise. The best that can be hoped is that this whole thing dies a natural death, but sadly it seems that a lot of people are making a drama out of something that need not be. Reality show 'culture' = the death of more enlightened thought and behavior.
    It's all Here. Now.

Ovaries on the Outside

He can have his own beliefs, it just sucks that particular belief is prevalent and happens to restrict the legal rights of that particular demographic.

That being said, I don't think it deserves such a **** storm. Given the actual social issues that are ****ed and not being addressed in this country, if people went and expressed their displeasure in the political venue as they do with America's movie/music/etc stars, we'd actually get somewhere...

human dehumidifier
    Quote Originally Posted by rockerc View Post
    I have to say that I do rather agree with you FB, Old Duckie has as much right to his beliefs as the next person, the fact that he considers homosexuality a 'sin' is a little retarded in my book, but then that comes as no surprise. The best that can be hoped is that this whole thing dies a natural death, but sadly it seems that a lot of people are making a drama out of something that need not be. Reality show 'culture' = the death of more enlightened thought and behavior.
    I'm not on board with his beliefs either, and figure he'd think my belief in reincarnation and "one-ness" with the universe is retarded too, but I'm definitely on board with him so far as his "I yam what I yam" belief system goes. I'd drink iced tea with him anytime. I figure we'd both come away knowing something new and better for the experience. Give me one of him over a million of the common variety phonies who will say whatever it takes to profit.

Truth be known, he'd probably just as soon not be on TV anyway. It's his sons and brother that love the spotlight.
    When you get older, much of your hate comes from knowledge and experience, which is why really old people hate everyone

human dehumidifier
    Quote Originally Posted by umarth View Post
    He can have his own beliefs, it just sucks that particular belief is prevalent and happens to restrict the legal rights of that particular demographic. That being said, I don't think it deserves such a **** storm. Given the actual social issues that are ****ed and not being addressed in this country, if people went and expressed their displeasure in the political venue as they do with America's movie/music/etc stars, we'd actually get somewhere...
    W00t!
    When you get older, much of your hate comes from knowledge and experience, which is why really old people hate everyone

I didn't do it
    I watched that show for about 10 minutes once, just to see what the hoopla was about and I must say it's the dumbest, most boring thing on TV that I have ever seen. Well make that second just behind Honey Boo Boo. What gets me is that this is the #1 show on A&E with something like 10 or 11 million viewers/week. I think this says a lot about our society and it ain't good. Unfortunately it isn't going anywhere soon. Once their contract with A&E runs out I imagine they'll go somewhere else with the gang fully intact, more popular than ever.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted
    Remember, commas save lives

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by nwbikur View Post
    dumbest, most boring thing on TV that I have ever seen.
    Go back a few years to when the writer's union couldn't reach an agreement with the studios. As a result most networks had to fill their slots with reality shows because there were no new shows written for so long. Networks feared the worst because most of the shows were so stupid, but to their surprise most of the public loved it. It's all about the money, reality shows cost so much less, networks make more profit because of it, and here we are today. Everything from self check out to the media. Can't even get the straight dope on the weather without some added drama. We're all being dumbed down and just go with the flow, so with money being king don't expect anything different unless we make it different by hitting them in the pocket book.
    Round and round we go

AZ
    banned
    Kill your television.

mtbr member
    Phil Robertson out of the closet??!?-581714_10203014536951207_1156487960_n.jpg
    You will be scarred for life if you click my avatar

Front Range, Colorado
    Wow this thread has touched on all the dreaded topics.
    In before the bin.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    --------- __o
    ------- _`\<,_
    ------ (*)/ (*)
    ************^^^^^^^^^Rock Garden

High Desert MTBer
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    Wow this thread has touched on all the dreaded topics.
    In before the bin.
    yes it has touched on them, but amazingly we seem to agree on most that has been brought up. Good for everyone in keeping it real
    A little humor and good sense can win the day!
    It's all Here. Now.

I didn't do it
    Gotta hand it to the OC. So far no shitstorm. Let's give it awhile and see what happens.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

duh
    it is because the OP is pretty cool
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    the big aussie rep bomb is comin your way

Ride More, Whine Less

People have a variety of beliefs; the world would be a terrible place to live if we all held the same beliefs. Past and present efforts to limit views are often associated with genocide. I hope we can continue to live in the world where we can say what we believe in a peaceful manner.

Front Range, Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by heyyall View Post
    People have a variety of beliefs; the world would be a terrible place to live if we all held the same beliefs. Past and present efforts to limit views are often associated with genocide. I hope we can continue to live in the world where we can say what we believe in a peaceful manner.
    Ha I can tell you haven't visited the General Discussion or Passion forum for awhile.
    --------- __o
    ------- _`\<,_
    ------ (*)/ (*)

Oh, the huge-meh-nity
    Aug 2013
    They are terrible places to live.

Ride More, Whine Less

Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    Ha I can tell you haven't visited the General Discussion or Passion forum for awhile.

is it that bad over there?

Front Range, Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by heyyall View Post
    is it that bad over there?
    For you it might be alright for a wise ass like me not so much.
    --------- __o
    ------- _`\<,_
    ------ (*)/ (*)

mtbr member
    Oct 2011

Amenů "Freedom of speech only if you agree with me"
    Front Range, Colorado
    Yeti SB95c
    Yeti ARC c
    9:zero:7 190mm

I didn't do it
    Nobody is denying Phil Robertson free speech. The marketplace shall dictate if he retains his public platform. I suspect he's not going anywhere.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast