Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    High Desert MTBer
    It all went horribly wrong after the Sodom and Gomorrah episode...
    It's all Here. Now.

High Desert MTBer
    It's all Here. Now.

see me rollin, they hatin
    would Phil Robertson be considered a bear in the gay community? there's a market for that.....
    fap

High Desert MTBer
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB View Post
    would Phil Robertson be considered a bear in the gay community? there's a market for that.....
    He would be eaten alive
    It's all Here. Now.

banned
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by rockerc View Post
    He would be eaten alive
    What part first i wonder...

High Desert MTBer
    It gets better! PR's take on the perfect bride:

“Look, you wait ’til they get to be 20 years old, the only picking that’s going to take place is your pocket. You got to marry these girls when they are about 15 or 16. They’ll pick your ducks. You need to check with mom and dad about that, of course. Make sure that she can cook a meal… And make sure she carries her Bible. That’ll save you a lot of trouble down the road.”

The only surprise in all this is that presumably he can read, if he is quoting the scriptures so much.
    It's all Here. Now.

Ride More, Whine Less

Phil Robertson out of the closet??!?

Once you get over the shock factor of what he said, it doesn't seem too shocking. That was what people did a generation or two ago; menarche signaled womanhood.

AZ
    banned
    Weak troll.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    who cares what an actor has to say. It is not like, his comments will even affect anything. People get there panties in a bunch way to easy anymore.

Now what if this whole thing was to promote sales for duck dynasty. Think about it. Why in the hell would GQ magazine interview him? His comments came out a couple of weeks before Christmas. Lots of rural americans like the show. My guess is tshirts sales went thru the roof for Christmas. More people know about the show then ever before. wouldn't surprise me if A&E came up with this stunt.

remeber it is a scripted stupid tv show. and I am a rural American who loves to hunt,but can't stand the show.

High Desert MTBer
    Quote Originally Posted by tim208 View Post
    who cares what an actor has to say. It is not like, his comments will even affect anything. People get there panties in a bunch way to easy anymore.

Now what if this whole thing was to promote sales for duck dynasty. Think about it. Why in the hell would GQ magazine interview him? His comments came out a couple of weeks before Christmas. Lots of rural americans like the show. My guess is tshirts sales went thru the roof for Christmas. More people know about the show then ever before. wouldn't surprise me if A&E came up with this stunt.

remeber it is a scripted stupid tv show. and I am a rural American who loves to hunt,but can't stand the show.
    Interesting take, but sadly too many people do seem to take what he says seriously. His comments do echo and validate what many people believe, at least in their own limited imaginations.
    It's all Here. Now.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    I guess taking things to seriously is one of those things that does not discriminate.

mtbr member
    I guess taking things to seriously is one of those things that does not discriminate.

You took it seriously enough to give your opinion and try and sway anybody who will listen to you try and dumb it down.
    You are exactly whom the show is targeting.

mtbr member
    at least in their own limited imaginations.
    I imagined you bent over and him poking your cornhole.... I didn't like it, What's so wrong with that?

High Desert MTBer
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishbucket View Post
    I imagined you bent over and him poking your cornhole.... I didn't like it, What's so wrong with that?

You mean you'd prefer if it was you? Have at it FB!
    It's all Here. Now.

mtbr member
    You mean you'd prefer if it was you? Have at it FB!

See , this is what's wrong here. I have an opinion that you don't agree with and instead of being "tolerant" you just want to wash it away with 3rd grade psychology.

High Desert MTBer
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishbucket View Post
    See , this is what's wrong here. I have an opinion that you don't agree with and instead of being "tolerant" you just want to wash it away with 3rd grade psychology.
    Actually FB you misread what I am saying. I am extremely tolerant, hence my stance on these issues. My comment was an attempt at 3rd Grade humor, whereas yours was the psychology. Being tolerant however, does not necessitate acceptance and inaction, but in my view is a measure of understanding.
    At the end of the day, I agree that everyone should be free to say what they feel, but I have to counter what I see as uninformed and ill-conceived comment based on spurious scriptures with my own take on things. That is not intolerance, but rather it is an attempt to add what I see as another valid opinion to the mix. I was brought up to believe in the sanctity of human and civil rights, that includes not just people's sexual preferences, but their colour, and the rights of women to not be farmed out in marriage at a young age to some predatory male. This is not just about whether we enjoy taking it up the cornhole or not, it goes a little further than that.
    It's all Here. Now.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    fishbucket

actually home sick bored and just curious, where this tangent leads to. idle minds go to waste, and this show is waste.

Anchorage, AK

Re: Phil Robertson out of the closet??!?

Nothing wrong with being gay. There is something wrong with bring a closeted gay who deals with his self-hate by attacking non, closeted gays. My guess is that is where Mr. Robertson is in his life's journey. I pity him.

--Lars
    --Peace

mtbr member
    you misread what I am saying. .
    You are quite correct... thanks for clearing that up.
    Oh and I'm rubber, you're glue...

Happy and Prosperous New Year to ya.

mtbr member
    fishbucket

actually home sick bored and just curious, where this tangent leads to. idle minds go to waste, and this show is waste.
    I learned how to gut a frog, that it takes Google a long time to update their Sat image maps and do not try and vacuum up bees to get the honey...

That's hardly a waste.

High Desert MTBer
    Not ever having seen that show I cannot comment if it is garbage or not, but many idle minds seem to think not. As for gutting frogs, the closest I got was a rat in biology class when I was a kid. As for vacuuming up flying insects, I do have experience with this. When I was at boarding school in the UK many years ago, we had a wasp nest in the wall outside my window, and the little bastids were everywhere. We got an industrial vaccum, made up a big bowl of sticky liquid using honey, jam, and anything else we could find and put it inside the vaccum, then held the nozzle above the air brick they were using to get in and out of the nest. Hey presto! Wasp soup! Little boys are not very nice...
    It's all Here. Now.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4