Page 1 of 51 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
    ~Disc~Golf~

Good job! OT: NASCAR - Sprint Cup Discussion.

*** Disclaimer*** - This is a thread for the fans of NASCAR Racing. If you feel like you want to troll the thread with the same old comments or whatnot, please stop and think for a minute - Bicycle racing (namely high profile road) has alot of similarities and even less people understand it compared to NASCAR - and don't get me started on the 'nut-job' fan-base .
    If you know what you're talking about, Welcome! - even negative criticism! / disclaimer.
    __________________________________________________ ________________________

So, Who here is a NASCAR fan?
    Who's your driver?
    How'd you get into NASCAR?
    Champ series thoughts?

Let's GO! Boogity-Boogity-Boogity!!! - AMEN

Well, I think this chase-race is one of the best so far - some races a bit boring - Esp. rain postponed ones
    Anyways, the points are so tight and the position swaps have been nail-biting, and tho disappointing for some of you (not in the chase) -I am exited!.

I'm rooting for *future* 6-Time Champ JJ48!
    I've been following JJ and the 48 team since it was announced that the locally known (San Diego at that time) Baja and Dirt bike racer was gonna race NASCAR - Pretty big news for a local .
    My sis's new family was into NASCAR - My mom was getting into it too. - I needed so have something to add to the conversation when 'home' on visits. - That began the infection

--ALSO-- RIP to Indy 500 winner Dan Wheldon and Condolences to his friends and Family.
    Dan Wheldon died in a massive pile-up this last Sunday at LVMS doing what he loved.
    Honestly... ahh I give up

Your Best Friend
    I love watching NASCAR although since we cancelled our TV earlier this year I haven't been able to follow it at all. Serious withdrawls.

My car and driver are #24 Jeff Gordon. I like how he has progressed through the years and is pretty much the Don of the new "old guard". Great driver on the track.

I got into it because I love racing of any kind and really like auto racing. I wanted to know what all the hoopla was surrounding NASCAR so pretty much just sat down on the couch a couple of weekends in a row and grew to love it.

~Disc~Golf~
    Quote Originally Posted by Silentfoe View Post
    I love watching NASCAR although since we cancelled our TV earlier this year I haven't been able to follow it at all. Serious withdrawls.
    use justin.tv
    (Ikilledkenny60 on Justin.tv)

bust a move
    delll,
    Thanks for mentioning the passing of Dan Wheldon, RIP. A very talented and nice guy. Thoughts and best wishes for his wife and young sons.

As for cup,
    imo, Jimmy stepped on his Johnson last sat. night. Sorry, that was too easy. He should'nt have tried passing "no quarter newman" that late in the race if he wasn't sure. He has dug a hole too deep! I am not a fan, but he is an awesome driver and the team is his equal. Many props to them for what they have accomplished since they started in cup. He earned my respect.

The champ will be either Edwards, Kenseth or Harvick.
    I have my doubts if Harvick can finish the season off without a meltdown or pissing match with someone. KB is my favorite driver, not so much off the track but his talent is huge and he is fun to watch. He will have to win at least 2 races to have a shot and that is going to be tough. I think the nascar needs drop one of those stupid cookie cutter oval tracks and add a road course like road america to spice up the chase. What you think?

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Did someone say NASCAR?

mtbr member
    May 2009
    I don't care for NASCAR per se but I must say that the night race at Bristol that I went to was one of the coolest events ever. Short tracks are uber fun for fans.
    Monte
    Lodging & Guiding for SW Utah Trails
    http://www.vrbo.com/298759
    www.UtahMountainBikingAdventures.com
    MTBR Discounts

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    also not a NASCAR fan, BUT i am curious as to how Juan Pablo Montoya ended up doing after leaving F1? is he competitive at all? Was he well received by fans?
    94 Specialized Rockhopper

bust a move
    That reminds me of a tv story on the same driver Carl Edwards and a couple of his buddies from missouri riding mtb's for like 200 miles of old tow path to go to the next race. They stopped unanounced at his sponsor at the time Save A Lot's headquarters to say hi and shower in the corporate fountian out front on the way to the track. Edwards is probably the strongest and fittest of all nascar drivers.

STT GUY, I got to see a day race at bristol about 10 years ago and there is nothing like155,000 seats surrounding a 1/2 mile oval.

dth656, Juantoya has done well, with one road course win and super competitive once in a while on select tracks, but overall hasn't really won over many fans or drivers and tends to get into alot of snafu's.

Afric Pepperbird
    highdelll, can you please start a hot women's tennis player thread? Thanks!

~Disc~Golf~
    Quote Originally Posted by dth656 View Post
    also not a NASCAR fan, BUT i am curious as to how Juan Pablo Montoya ended up doing after leaving F1? is he competitive at all? Was he well received by fans?
    Ah WPM... yeah...he's competitive - probably one of the better open-wheel transplants - ESP on the road courses.
    He's pretty well received IMO...he's had his share of 'controversial' interactions w/ other drivers - but is not the whiner like Kyle bytch is

~Disc~Golf~
    Quote Originally Posted by dirt farmer View Post
    highdelll, can you please start a hot women's tennis player thread? Thanks!
    Um, you had the idea...you do it

bust a move
    Quote Originally Posted by highdelll View Post
    Ah WPM... yeah...he's competitive - probably one of the better open-wheel transplants - ESP on the road courses.
    He's pretty well received IMO...he's had his share of 'controversial' interactions w/ other drivers - but is not the WINNER like Kyle Busch is
    double fixed it for ya
    Last edited by 2ridealot; 10-18-2011 at 09:18 PM.

~Disc~Golf~
    ^^^ also, begrudgingly admitted, true...
    (THX for leaving the correct spelling tho )

mtbr member
    I was raised on a healthy diet of World Of Outlaws sprint car racing at an early age. We spent every weekend at tracks like Calistoga and Badlands.
    J. Gordon fan here. But really I'll go for almost anybody but that has-been (never was?) Fale Jr.
    My wife is a Stewart fan. We go to Infineon every year with our daughters.
    The wife and I have talked about when the girls are out of the house, buying an RV and following NASCAR for one year, going to every race. It would not be cheap, but oh boy it would be fun
    A lot of cyclists get this attitude about NASCAR that there is nothing to it, its just guys driving in circles. Auto racing is physically demanding. It requires very fit drivers with lightning fast reflexes. To be able to drive at 200 mph, react to whats going on around you, cope with massive G forces pushing down on you, understand how the car is working at those speeds and relay that feedback to the crew, oh ya and do it for 3 - 5 hours, serious atheletes.
    Its all Shits and Giggles until somebody Giggles and Shits

bust a move
    Brew,
    I got to see the World of Outlaws three different times when they made the winter swing through FL years ago and that is racing like most people have never seen! 1400lb car with 800 horsepower racing on dirt, what a show I was a fan of Doug Wolfgang and Jack Hewitt back in the day.

I raced carts as a kid and was lucky enough to get to work part time on a nationwide team in 96 & 97. Traveled with the team for the first 5 races of 96 and kept stats and milage during those races. I got to be the spotter at the atlanta race and have never been more nervous. It takes a calm person with eyes like a hawk to do that job. I think alot of people see race cars going around in circles on TV and think "how dumb and boring". That's what I think when I see golf, bowling and tennis on TV. Some sports just never appeal to some people and that's cool. The people I have a beef with are the ones who get it but think that it's easy to do. I think the average person would leave a hersey bar in their hanes after just one lap at full speed just sitting in a nascar sprint cup car.

I still like nascar but don't follow it like I use to. I watch a few races at tracks I like and the chase, but that's about it. Even though the competition is better now than ever, I enjoyed it alot more before they tried to make it such a major sport.

Dark Horse Racing
    I've been a fan for many many years.

Dale Jr. fan since he was in the Busch Series. I hope he has a good run this weekend at Talladega.

I've been to Infineon Raceway handfuls of times on Friday Pole day and not as many for Sat and Sun. Not worth the traffic clusterfvkc but when tix are free then I go.

Oh and Fvck Kyle Busch.

Lets get a thread started next Feb. when the 2012 season starts at the Daytona 500 with the new car package!

mtbr member
    +2 Dale Jr. fan!
    I'm a gear head and love most motorsports
    I became a Dale Sr. #3 when I saw him make that infield pass at Daytona in the Mt. Dew car. still a dew fan! When Sr. got killed at Daytona, I still loved the Ernhardt memory and name so I startedf following Jr. I think he was a bettter driver whn Sr. was still alive.

Ive always followed indy cars,but hated the IRL CART fiasco. It was truely heartbreaking to have to watch the Las Vegas crash over in over just hoping upon hope that there would be a positive outcome.
    They reallly need a indy car of the future and more improvements to that catch fence.(catch your head) and racing rules. Ive been a Danica fan after seeing her lead the Indy 500 in her rookie year.. I'm glad she is moving Nascar, the cars may be ugly but they way more safer.(they have roofs and are made of metal)

I'm a Kyle hater!! I also hate the look of the COT. I cant wait for the new bodies for 2013. Camaro, Mustangs, Challenger and Yuk! Camry.
    Ive been to a couple of Cup races at Calif Speedway. Ive seen them loose it sideways at 170 mph coming off of 4. wow! that is crazy. We should do a meet up next year. Maybe Harvic or Edwards will spin Kyle in front of our bleacher! Ha ha!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by FNG RIDER View Post
    +2 Dale Jr. fan!
    Maybe Harvic or Edwards will spin Kyle in front of our bleacher! Ha ha!
    Maybe, but that petulent little punk would save it and still win the race. Don't ever bet against Shrub. He has car handling skills that most NASCAR drivers can only dream of
    Its all Shits and Giggles until somebody Giggles and Shits

High Desert MTBer
    Not posting, not posting, not posting... Garn!
    It's all Here. Now.

Live 2 Ride
    Lets get a thread started next Feb. when the 2012 season starts at the Daytona 500 with the new car package!
    I heard we will also have fuel injection next year.

I also hate the look of the COT. I cant wait for the new bodies for 2013. Camaro, Mustangs, Challenger and Yuk! Camry.
    Do you think Toyota should be banned from participating? Curious.

Go 48!!
    My Bike: '03 Specialized HardRock FrankenBike
    My Blog: http://http://kona0197.wordpress.com/

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Kona0197 View Post
    I heard we will also have fuel injection next year.

Do you think Toyota should be banned from participating? Curious.

Go 48!!

Don;t worry about Toyota... the way thier QC has been lately all thier cars will be recalled and they miss the season.
    Monte
    Lodging & Guiding for SW Utah Trails
    http://www.vrbo.com/298759
    www.UtahMountainBikingAdventures.com
    MTBR Discounts

mtbr member
    Always been a Jr. fan...didn't become a NASCAR fan until I moved here to North Carolina in 2000. Had been to the Daytona 500 before that, but more to just be at the event itself (have been to several Indy events...my preferred form of racing before the split of the series).

After Senior died (WASN'T a Big E fan), you cannot believe the reaction in this state. I went to Wendy's the night that he died, and there were several fans driving around holding three fingers out their car window...still makes me chuckle...as it continued for a month or so.

Saw grown men cry.

So curiosity took over, and I started following his son...

Why?

If I were a driver...I'd probably be a lot like he is...too bad he doesn't run like daddy though...and put some people out of races that are in front of them...

~Disc~Golf~
    Who's Ready for DEGA!

Plays with tools
    Edwards or bust!!!

The only reason I say that is that he is the "home town boy". Carl grew up 3 miles from me and although we have never met I can't not cheer for the guy. Even though I really could care less about nascar.

Page 1 of 51 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast