Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    thread crapper
    Feb 2008
    Ahh c'mon Chum, you had the perfect opportunity to use "Pinworn Infested Anuses" and you chose knucklehead? I get called worse than that by my grandmother!

FloridaKeys Fishing Guide
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ.MTNS View Post
    We just want our ten reps a day returned. The tactic has backfired, instead of us giving out reps in the community at large we are hoarding our five a day. This is counter to what the admin was trying to accomplish no? Heck, the low rep guys will never have a chance of catching up unless the high rep guys help. Please consider restoring us to ten a day, the doubling the required points has slowed things to a crawl which I believe was the intent. Win/Win. Respectfully, AZ.
    I'll second that!
    There are plenty of other deserving peeps who can use a boost.
    Current ride(s) 2011 Santa Cruz Blur LT

usually cranky
    just the short winter days making some a little nuts. come spring we will settle down.

DIY all the way
    We just want our ten reps a day returned. The tactic has backfired, instead of us giving out reps in the community at large we are hoarding our five a day. This is counter to what the admin was trying to accomplish no? Heck, the low rep guys will never have a chance of catching up unless the high rep guys help. Please consider restoring us to ten a day, the doubling the required points has slowed things to a crawl which I believe was the intent. Win/Win. Respectfully, AZ.
    I guess this was for the most part what started all this.
    I'd say if there is no 10 posts a day, that deserves a positive recognition, this forum is SOL.

As for the lack of keeping people at bay, that just act hostile, or in other ways cause trouble, there seems to be a fairly big red flag on that now.

This little protest has run its course, and have turned counter productive by now.
    There is a dialogue now that seems to work, now it's time for getting forward, instead of turning this into the usual whining and bit$hing.
    Making further mess is not going to cause anything positive.

....and yes, I wholeheartedly agree that Hutch was not handled in a reasonable manner, so maybe it's time to take a step back, and rectify some wrongs?

Magura

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by b-kul View Post
    just the short winter days making some a little nuts. come spring we will settle down.
    ^this makes sense.
    i'm on my Last Herb
    RestInPeace Hook

mtbr member
    I get what you are trying to say Chum and your help is much appreciated and yes we are pretty rowdy.

The OC forum seems to be getting the blame for a lot of problems though. We got in trouble for using the rep system which led to complaints among other users who don't even like the system anyway.

Along with the rep problems we were accused of not participating in the other forums just to gain better rep amongst ourselves. So we come into the forums to help out which gets everyone else mad about our help. There's even a "how we help" thread on here to prove we weren't just hanging out here all the time.

Next we get upset people in here that have moved in from other threads to whine and start controversial threads and then get mad when we call them out instead of taking the bait and starting a huge fight. I think that's why Hutch bumped a bunch of threads up to get rid of those annoying threads.

Happy to keep to the rules that are set though. I don't think any of us acted out maliciously. We just don't want the crap that goes on in other forums here.

fresh fish in stock...... SuperModerator
    that one is out of my hands....but I can pass along your concerns.

Quote Originally Posted by Bethany1 View Post
    I get what you are trying to say Chum and your help is much appreciated and yes we are pretty rowdy.

The OC forum seems to be getting the blame for a lot of problems though. We got in trouble for using the rep system which led to complaints among other users who don't even like the system anyway.

Along with the rep problems we were accused of not participating in the other forums just to gain better rep amongst ourselves. So we come into the forums to help out which gets everyone else mad about our help. There's even a "how we help" thread on here to prove we weren't just hanging out here all the time.

Next we get upset people in here that have moved in from other threads to whine and start controversial threads and then get mad when we call them out instead of taking the bait and starting a huge fight. I think that's why Hutch bumped a bunch of threads up to get rid of those annoying threads.

Happy to keep to the rules that are set though. I don't think any of us acted out maliciously. We just don't want the crap that goes on in other forums here.
    truth.

i'll try to keep the other crap outta here....and bin/delete as necessary.

thanks
    Visit these 2 places to help advance trail access:
    http://www.sharingthepct.org/
    http://www.facebook.com/SharingThePct

Serenity now!
    Quote Originally Posted by heyyall View Post

If people simply used some independent judgment and common sense, half of the posts would go away. Then, throw in a little experimentation and time trying different things, half of the remaining posts would be gone too.
    heh heh... are you talking about my bone-headed pedal-replacement thread? I never claimed to have common sense. But I'm always willing to experiment
    Duchess of Dab

gran jefe
    Nov 2011
    Last edited by Bill in Houston; 01-09-2013 at 07:17 AM.

see me rollin, they hatin
    Good thing we're still allowed poop/fart/sex jokes within reason, or else there goes 90 percent of MY poasts!!!!
    fap

Bro
    Where I do my thinking
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    I've made some bad decisions like taking the gears off my bike. So here's the warning: Do not as I say, nor as I do.

Dissolved member
    That's all peachy but FREE HUTCH!

FloridaKeys Fishing Guide

Good job!

Well said!
    Current ride(s) 2011 Santa Cruz Blur LT

usually cranky

you are far too reasonable and logical to be in the oc. skiddadle!

DIY all the way
    Quote Originally Posted by CHUM View Post
    that one is out of my hands....but I can pass along your concerns.

Exactly which hands is it in?

This matter is getting ridiculous.
    The rep system was installed to enhance the forum.
    Right now it's taking the forum down the drain.

I used to enjoy coming to MTBR, but to be honest, the last couple of months, the garbage to good ration has been suffering big time. This has been driven by very poor handling of the rep system, poor communication, and a couple of very unfortunate decisions.

Poor communication and very poor decisions, seems to have passed relatively unnoticed before, in spite of plenty of heads up from the members.
    Now that there is a system that involves everybody, and that quite a number of members, seems to put value into, poor communication and unfortunate (not thought through) decisions, now impacts too many people to keep on like this.
    We all make mistakes, but to be honest, it's turning into a habit here.

In the past I have defended the people behind MTBR, explaining to people that we all make mistakes, that no bad intentions were behind, and so forth.
    The above is getting damned hard to believe, now that it's the same mistakes that are made, over and over.

Let's take an example shall we.
    The rep system was changed. Loads of people got real annoyed cause it was done with real poor communication.
    It was pointed out, and by pointed I mean bent in neon, that a lot of people were unhappy with the way things were handled.
    After a while the admin makes a short notice, that gave more questions than answers.
    Shortly after......same story, down to the last period.
    I'm sorry, but that's simply ignorant.

The result: loads of annoyed and unhappy members.
    Was that result so damned hard to predict?

Really, it's time to move forward, and by forward I mean to stop making the same mistakes over and over again, get some reasonable communication going, and perhaps thinking things over before taking action.

And no, this is not directed at you Chum, or anybody else personally for that kind of matter, but rather a general heads up for those whom have caused this mess.

Magura

Trail Prospector
    ^ Well stated, thanks, Magura.
    The best is the one you want to ride most often..

little mad riding hood
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by emu26 View Post
    BTW, thanks OC'ers. You rock, I can't believe it took me nearly 4 years to find you.
    ^^ this. except I've been lurking since 2004 and only recently found this place. After dealing with the front range crew I was about to give up on MTBR entirely. luckily I'm an early usenet survivor and keep my asbestos skivvies handy.

tl;dr: you've not had a knock down drag out brawl of a flamewar until you've stumbled onto one of the "trail building" threads in the Front Range forum and mistakenly tried to be helpful. jeebus indeed.

I build my own.
    Quote Originally Posted by lonefrontranger View Post
    ^^ this. except I've been lurking since 2004 and only recently found this place. After dealing with the front range crew I was about to give up on MTBR entirely. luckily I'm an early usenet survivor and keep my asbestos skivvies handy.

tl;dr: you've not had a knock down drag out brawl of a flamewar until you've stumbled onto one of the "trail building" threads in the Front Range forum and mistakenly tried to be helpful. jeebus indeed.
    I read a few of those & stayed the he11 out.
    I have a device that can access the total knowledge of man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and argue with strangers.

little mad riding hood
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Trail Ninja View Post
    I read a few of those & stayed the he11 out.
    eh consider me the internet equivalent of one of those really stupid dogs who just can't leave porcupines alone =P

ride more
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Magura View Post
    Exactly which hands is it in?

This matter is getting ridiculous.
    The rep system was installed to enhance the forum.
    Right now it's taking the forum down the drain.

I used to enjoy coming to MTBR, but to be honest, the last couple of months, the garbage to good ration has been suffering big time. This has been driven by very poor handling of the rep system, poor communication, and a couple of very unfortunate decisions.

Poor communication and very poor decisions, seems to have passed relatively unnoticed before, in spite of plenty of heads up from the members.
    Now that there is a system that involves everybody, and that quite a number of members, seems to put value into, poor communication and unfortunate (not thought through) decisions, now impacts too many people to keep on like this.
    We all make mistakes, but to be honest, it's turning into a habit here.

In the past I have defended the people behind MTBR, explaining to people that we all make mistakes, that no bad intentions were behind, and so forth.
    The above is getting damned hard to believe, now that it's the same mistakes that are made, over and over.

Let's take an example shall we.
    The rep system was changed. Loads of people got real annoyed cause it was done with real poor communication.
    It was pointed out, and by pointed I mean bent in neon, that a lot of people were unhappy with the way things were handled.
    After a while the admin makes a short notice, that gave more questions than answers.
    Shortly after......same story, down to the last period.
    I'm sorry, but that's simply ignorant.

The result: loads of annoyed and unhappy members.
    Was that result so damned hard to predict?

Really, it's time to move forward, and by forward I mean to stop making the same mistakes over and over again, get some reasonable communication going, and perhaps thinking things over before taking action.

And no, this is not directed at you Chum, or anybody else personally for that kind of matter, but rather a general heads up for those whom have caused this mess.

Magura
    Exactly what he said and Free Hutch...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I957 using Tapatalk 2

Bethany, you are dangerously close to being outed as reasonable and coherent. I suggest you stop now while you're ahead.

Rep is stupid. So, while I have my opinions, I'll not address them as I couldn't care less what they do with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    Id scrap the passion forum all together, its a breeding ground for unicorn milkers, rainbow chasers and candy cotton farters.

I build my own.
    OK, as far as thread resurrection goes, this is the spookiest one yet.
    I Hereby Challenge You To A Duel
    I have a device that can access the total knowledge of man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and argue with strangers.

I build my own.
    Quote Originally Posted by lonefrontranger View Post
    eh consider me the internet equivalent of one of those really stupid dogs who just can't leave porcupines alone =P
    No, I get it. If you're there, you have to get involved. I actually like that everyone on the Front Range is so passionate about the subject. There are lots of places where they don't care and the number and quality of trails reflect that.

Front Range, Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by CHUM View Post
    Seriously - what has gotten into everyone? I have to go away for a bit and all kinds of shenaniganery occur.....

I am sorry that 'rep' got fiddled with - it is a system that needs tuning...

I am sorry that Hutch caught a time-out - but he did go a little haywire with the thread bumps...he'll be back in the game soon enough.

The OC is a tight knit and unique forum. It is fun, irreverent and rowdy....and has the most *personality* on MTBR (IMO).

BUT other forums here have their own vibe....and what is acceptable here in the OC may not be OK in another forum.

Think of MTB as a community. The OC is the Animal House of MTBR....a place to ride you bike inside, slap your buddy with a fish, or engage in an ultimate game of nude beer pong ....

In other forums you may be expected to use a coaster, drink wine and discuss the virtues of polishing your nipples (spoke that is) listening to Michael Bolton....

You wouldn't go to your buddies house wearing muddy shoes blowing snot rockets in the corner demanding a back rub would ya?

All I am asking is please respect the vibe of other forums..

thanks for listening
    - CHUM

Awesome post CHUM welcome back.
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)
    ************^^^^^^^Rock Garden

DIY all the way
    Admin/mod meeting at MTBR:

Admin: Ok, let's see, the situation is not good, loads of people are just about anything but pleased, with the way things work.
    Like 50 people have been bumping old threads.

Vice over mod: Hey, I'd say we go give Hutch a temporary ban.

Clapping and cheering ensues, and all agrees this is a brilliant solution to all the problems.

Over mod: I'll handle this first thing.

A couple of days later....

Admin: Ok, let's see, the situation is not good, loads of people are just about anything but pleased, with the way things work.
    I particular I hear complaints about communication and transparency.
    I also hear a lot of "free Hutch" all over the board.
    Anybody got an idea what is wrong?

Vice admin: Hey I think I know. It's because we are not tough enough, we need to repress this with authority.

Temp. Mod: But hey, what about the complaints and the Hutch stuff?

Admin: Mind your own business. We have handled this very well so far, so no need for you to start questioning our qualifications.

Vice middle mod: I'd say we go hand out a few more temporary bans, you know, to show who makes the decisions. Make sure nobody knows why, in particular refrain from opening a thread that only admin/mods can post in that explains who and why is banned.

Wild clapping and cheering yet again ensues.

Under head mod: Brilliant idea, I'm on it. I bet that will restore the friendly tone and order in no time.

Magura

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast