Page 20 of 35 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 30 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    ...gives a new meaning to 'tire kicking'...

help with the zip please
    haha, all of this time I thought the inner city bike shops where just using too much stans in their display bikes.

Gumnut Peddler
    Mebbe reason why Tones brakes locked up all of a sudden.
    Burning fat, not oil.

mtbr member
    Tone's, Grinderz and Emu26:
    Are kangaroos really that ripped and is getting your ass kicked by one a common occurrence?

Why You Should Never, Ever Get In A Fight With A Kangaroo

help with the zip please
    Trail6, being an aussie I don't want to feed you any bull$hit so you need to listen up and believe.

Kangaroos are killers, hell most of our wild life is here for one purpose and one purpose only, to kill. Even those cute little koalas you see would rip you to shreds with spurs they have on their claws if they weren't so damned high all of the time from the fermenting gum leaves in their gut. This is a bad, bad place, you Americans should not come down here unless you are feeling lucky or are on a death wish. So punk are you feeling lucky?

Now as I said, no BS here so I'm going to call photoshop on a couple of those pics you linked but to give you an indication of the strength, and technique, of a boxing kangaroo check out this video . These guys are reds, not the eastern greys that you see in most utoob "boxing kangaroo" videos, and they are only playing with each other. Check out the way they rock back on their tails and then thrust the hind legs. When fighting this will gut you in an instant. Never f@ck with a roo mate, it's just not worth it. Fortunately for us Sydney siders we only have the eastern greys hopping through town now days.

Kick Boxing Kangaroos - YouTube

There is a reason why us aussies chose the boxing kangaroo as the symbol for our sporting flag. Remember that flag you guys first saw when we came and took your cup away from you?

oops, not that time, I mean this time

Remember this is a bad, bad place, you have to have balls to want to live down under. If the wildlife doesn't kill you then you can bet your bottom dollar some nutter that has been protecting himself from wildlife for too long will try.

WOLF CREEK Trailer (HD) - YouTube

So, do you feel lucky, punk?

mtbr member
    Wow, never been one for luck but most here in the U.S., me included, would jump at the chance to come, dangerous animals or not. I was watching a documentary awhile back on the eastern greys and their influx into urban areas for feeding during times of drought. And death by automobile is they main predator Not all your animals are deadly, the rabbits look approachable

Gumnut Peddler
    First you need to get past our snakes on a plane. You guys made a movie about it, we actually live it:

Seriously, snakes on a plane | News.com.au

No more snake on a plane:
    Burning fat, not oil.

mtbr member
    God, that would freak me out seeing that on the wing! I'll have to fly Kiwi Air, no snakes in New Zealand.
    I rented an old stone house a few years ago that had a black snake (non-poisonous) population living in the old stone foundation. At night while I was lying in bed I could here them moving between the walls, I didn't sleep much during the summer.

mtbr member
    I knew I like New Zealand better! It is full of playful hippies and warrior princesses instead of psychopathic people and wildlife.

I mean, sure, I like adventure in my life. Like, jumping off waterfalls and backpacking through forests kind of adventure. Not the 'there is a decent chance you will be maimed or murdered by the resident humans, weather, flora, or fauna at any moment' kind of adventure.

Sorry Tone's. I am disappoint

Gumnut Peddler
    Quote Originally Posted by Trail6 View Post
    I'll have to fly Kiwi Air, no snakes in New Zealand.
    Sheep on a plane?
    Burning fat, not oil.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikemaya View Post
    I knew I like New Zealand better! It is full of playful hippies and warrior princesses instead of psychopathic people and wildlife.
    New Zealand has Kea birds that tear the rubber off cars, they would do a number on MTBs too.

Gumnut Peddler

I mean, sure, I like adventure in my life. Like, jumping off waterfalls and backpacking through forests kind of adventure. Not the 'there is a decent chance you will be maimed or murdered by the resident humans, weather, flora, or fauna at any moment' kind of adventure.

Sorry Tone's. I am disappoint
    I think going on a real Australian adventure is what separates the men from the boys
    Burning fat, not oil.

help with the zip please
    Quote Originally Posted by Grinderz View Post
    Sheep on a plane?
    I think that's called in flight entertainment, and they come with a free pair of gum boots.
    Last edited by emu26; 01-10-2013 at 02:51 PM.

mtbr member
    Hey Tone's, if I come to Australia, will you make a man outta me?

No Stranger to danger....
    Hey Tone's, if I come to Australia, will you make a man outta me?
    LOL, Loverly Maya, please dont go there......

But i will say that i will bring out parts of your womanhood you never thought or dreamed were possible, so much so that you will never want to leave.
    You will feel like a little Bee with so much honey that you will have to hold back from blissfully drowning in it.......
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....

Prime
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    B-kul, im sorry mate i meant to answer this but got carried away with a few others..

The answer is yes, often i go to bike shops in an erotic mood, when the shop assistant is sidetracked i pretend in looking over the 29ers and with my backturned ,knock the top off it onto a 29er seat of wheel.
    Then i just casually walk out of the shop like nothings happened, ive so far done about 20 sydney bike shops and left my calling card.

Its a great and healthy passtime, and if you ask me im adding value to the bikes.
    Be a b!tch, getting knocked up just cause you test rode the same bike that Tone's "test rode".

mtbr member
    But Grinderz said an Aussie adventure would make a man out of me!

Are you telling me Aussies are not only serial killers, they are LIARS?!

Sup
    Is it ok to ride a 29er if it is all black?
    or should I say 700c
    I am slow therefore I am

help with the zip please
    But Grinderz said an Aussie adventure would make a man out of me!

Are you telling me Aussies are not only serial killers, they are LIARS?!
    I thought he said it would TAKE the man out of you

Quote Originally Posted by SlowerJoe View Post
    Is it ok to ride a 29er if it is all black?
    or should I say 700c
    YES, flat, matte, gloss as long as its black

Any other colour is . . .

Sup
    I think I will christen this one my self
    freshened up for next season
    cant wait to get on the old girl
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The official ASK (an Aussie) TONE'S Anything OC thread..-mtbr-stumpy.jpg  

I am slow therefore I am

Very nice looking bike, looks similar to my 2012 reign in matte black.

sympathy for society
    Could / is this going to help your fire situation down there? Or, could this make things worse with the winds? Hoping all is well down there, as you guys are getting no breaks from mother nature..

Tropical Cyclone Narelle Nears Australia
    "We can always find excuses if we want to find them, but if we really want to do something, we have to just go."

Quote Originally Posted by sodak06 View Post
    Could / is this going to help your fire situation down there? Or, could this make things worse with the winds? Hoping all is well down there, as you guys are getting no breaks from mother nature..

Tropical Cyclone Narelle Nears Australia
    Thanks for the concern mate, we have our second hottest day in history in NSW tomorrow forcast, there are over 100 fires burning in NSW as we speak, after the other days heat wave, its shaping up to be a literal killer tomorrow here.

Not only for people and homes but wildlife and farm animals, a lot of wildlife like roos and birds or anything that can burrow underground can escape it, but the poor koalas just cook in the trees, its a sad time for many things.

the cyclone is up the top of the country so as im on the east coast half way down it doesnt effect us.

Our countries so big that you have total dif conditions in each state.

But us and tazzie are sharing the killer bush fires atm.

Many are started by arsonists mostly kids that end up killing people, 4 teens have been arrested in the last few days for starting them.

Many start naturally or from glass bottles in the bush magnifying the sun and catching leaves on fire, some on roads from ciggie butts out of car windows, the list goes on.....

sympathy for society
    Man I hope it gets better for you all. I have been seeing alot about all this on the news lately. I never thought about glass magnifying the sun and starting fires.. But I can totally see how it happens.

Now the cigarette butts I understand. That is my biggest annoyance in the world.. People just throwing their cigarette butts out the window like the world is their ashtray. I have on many occasions seen this happen in front of me at a stop light. I then get out of my car and walk up to their window and hand it back to them. Saying, "I think you dropped this". Some of the looks are priceless and some of the remarks are down right funny.

Be safe down there and try to stay cool...

"We can always find excuses if we want to find them, but if we really want to do something, we have to just go."

Page 20 of 35 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 30 ... LastLast