Page 19 of 35 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 29 ... LastLast
    No Stranger to danger....
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikemaya View Post
    Zebras are black with black and white stripes! (their skin is black, hair is colored)
    ding ding ding, we have a winner, good get Maya......
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....

Quote Originally Posted by AZ.MTNS View Post
    What about the kid who hatched some Taipan eggs in his closet?
    LOL Az, it was a golden story, he was so proud of himself, he looked about 4 years old lol, so lucky the mother wasnt in the nest when he found them, he would have been dead for sure, a very funny story.

locked - time out
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    You guys need to change from Micky Ds to Maccas, when you abreviate you do it to make words shorter, not turn one word into 2 words, micky Ds is just not good enough sorry to say, sounds like a disney movie.
    Whoa..... Who knew Aussies were so smart?? That is brilliant.. Why do we abbreviate using two words? Hot damn... I am using Maccas from now on.

How would one from the US pronounce Maccas? Mac-cas or Macc-as or Macca-s??

Quote Originally Posted by sodak06 View Post
    Whoa..... Who knew Aussies were so smart?? That is brilliant.. Why do we abbreviate using two words? Hot damn... I am using Maccas from now on.

How would one from the US pronounce Maccas? Mac-cas or Macc-as or Macca-s??
    Mac- cas but you have to say it fast in one word, lol, its not that hard MACCAS

Gumnut Peddler
    Obviously people in the US of A also dont have many mates nicknamed Macca? or Bazza, Barry, Ol Mate, Terry, Poida, Shazza, Shaz, etc.

Not too sure if that is a good thing or not.
    Burning fat, not oil.

locked - time out
    Mac- cas but you have to say it fast in one word, lol, its not that hard MACCAS
    See,.. I was already trying to make into two words... I think i got it now.. Thanks!

Maccas!

See,.. I was already trying to make into two words... I think i got it now.. Thanks!

Maccas!
    Hahaha you blokes are funny, you were actually trying to make it into two words, you crack me up.

Gumnut Peddler

Maccas!

Here ya go:
    Maccas pronunciation: How to pronounce Maccas in English

Learn something new every day.
    Burning fat, not oil.

locked - time out
    Wow.. the interwebs never cease to amaze me.. Awesome link! I bookmarked that page. I think it will be very useful. Thanks!

Gumnut Peddler
    I will let Tone's go into more Aussie culture based around our 'Housos':

Housos TV Commercial - YouTube
    Burning fat, not oil.

Gnarly
    Tone's
    I'm seeing on the news that Australia is having a severe heat wave and wildfires!

Are you safe?

Australia: Wildfires Destroy Homes, Force Evacuation Of National Parks (VIDEO)

The official ASK (an Aussie) TONE'S Anything OC thread..-slide_273260_1960324_free.jpg

I'm concerned about the koalas and roos
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

Quote Originally Posted by cyclelicious View Post
    Tone's
    I'm seeing on the news that Australia is having a severe heat wave and wildfires!

Are you safe?

Australia: Wildfires Destroy Homes, Force Evacuation Of National Parks (VIDEO)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	slide_273260_1960324_free.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	80.1 KB 
ID:	751887

I'm concerned about the koalas and roos
    Thanks Judy, im ok, but its going to be a killer bush fire season again.
    A few lives have been lost already, our bush loves to go up, its made for it.
    The people in Tazzie are copping it atm, god bless em...

Quote Originally Posted by Grinderz View Post
    I will let Tone's go into more Aussie culture based around our 'Housos':

Housos TV Commercial - YouTube
    Any of you guys that wanna see what aussie culture is like, watch this show HOUSOS, it is pure comedy gold, the closest thing you could get to aussie humour and a laugh a minute, heaps of uggs, ****s, drugs, beer, kiwis, lebs, white aussies, click on the link and when the add comes up on the right hand side of the page is full 20 minute episodes and best of, check it out, you might even see grinderz and i in there lol

Gnarly
    Thanks Judy, im ok, but its going to be a killer bush fire season again.
    A few lives have been lost already, our bush loves to go up, its made for it.
    The people in Tazzie are copping it atm, god bless em...

4 years ago a friend of mind living in south Australia send me pics takenduring the heat wave and I saved them

I can't upload them but it was a series of pics take of a hot and thirsty little Koala that wandered onto a porch. So the homeowners filled a basin of water and the litle fella crawled into the basin. and cooled off

its the cutest thing!
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

Gumnut Peddler
    The bush fires are pretty bad, hopefully they will not get as bad as they have been in the past. The most frustrating part is that little w@nk3rs go around starting new fires whilst the already overwhelmed firies are out working their butts off trying to save homes and lives.

Another controversial issue is if back burning should be introduced to clear out a heap of the deadwood that accumulates. If back burning was used, then the fires would be nowhere near as bad when it does finally go up, but it does mean torching little critters homes on a yearly basis...
    Burning fat, not oil.

removing nudity
    Grinderz what part of Aus are you in? I'm northern suburbs of Sydney and through October and November it felt like that was all that was being done around here. Every day they'd be in burning the next section of NP.

Quiet an eerie riding experience when you are riding through trails that are normally so dense with scrub you can't see the horizon

The official ASK (an Aussie) TONE'S Anything OC thread..-onone-bike-pic.jpg

The official ASK (an Aussie) TONE'S Anything OC thread..-imag0171.jpg

Gumnut Peddler
    I dont think Vic back burn. I know Tassie does not.
    I am in QLD, but have a lot of family in Tassie who are going through a tough time.
    Burning fat, not oil.

~Disc~Golf~
    Quote Originally Posted by Grinderz View Post
    The bush fires are pretty bad, hopefully they will not get as bad as they have been in the past. The most frustrating part is that little w@nk3rs go around starting new fires whilst the already overwhelmed firies are out working their butts off trying to save homes and lives.

Another controversial issue is if back burning should be introduced to clear out a heap of the deadwood that accumulates. If back burning was used, then the fires would be nowhere near as bad when it does finally go up, but it does mean torching little critters homes on a yearly basis...
    It's also somewhat of a controversy here in the states too.
    Well, besides the bigoted/non-science people, the past fire management is not a controversy; it's more of a "oops', now how do we fix it/move on.

In times before, our aboriginals (Indians, Native Americans, Mexicans, etc) would set fire to the land - burning out the understory in areas, and allowing plants that depended on fires to 'do their thing' - I'm not sure if that's how it went down in Oz, but IIRC, I think so.

In recent history, our (USA) method has been to put out ANY fire as soon as it starts - regardless if they are near homes or not. Well this led to higher fuel loads, so when a fire happens, it can turn into a super-fire (especially with our evergreen forests) because of a complete fire-ladder.

Old mind-sets die hard, and people still believe that any fire should be put out immediately:
    Case in point, our recent Reading Fire.
    The park has held a 'let it burn' policy for quite a few years. [naturally occurring]
    Yet, when this fire went off after smoldering for a few days, people were up in arms as to why more wasn't being done to stop the fire - even though it threatened no one.

They were calling for the resignation of the park's manager, etc... crazy stuff IMO.
    This park is an ACTIVE volcanic park - a volcano that blew that was 1000 times bigger that the plug there is today. -
    In the last decade, Lassen erupted creating a landslide similar to Mt. St. Helens' 80's eruption, and created a tourist feature called "The Devastated Area"
    Tons of lava, rock, and debris came down the mountainside - crushing everything.

Yet, these people who wanted the fire squashed to 'preserve' the park - and then b!tched about it afterwards.

In other notes, (you call them back fires), we call them "controlled burns", are not really controlled at all.
    They often get out of hand enough to kill the overstory, froviding for an in creased fire hazard in the following years; OR they get really out of control.
    Lighting a field on fire for star-thistle in July with moderate winds and high temps is pretty dumb.
    Town's Fears Come True / Lewiston worried that a controlled burn would be dangerous - SFGate
    Last edited by highdelll; 01-09-2013 at 04:08 PM.
    Honestly... ahh I give up

mtbr member
    Any of you guys that wanna see what aussie culture is like, watch this show HOUSOS, it is pure comedy gold, the closest thing you could get to aussie humour and a laugh a minute, heaps of uggs, ****s, drugs, beer, kiwis, lebs, white aussies, click on the link and when the add comes up on the right hand side of the page is full 20 minute episodes and best of, check it out, you might even see grinderz and i in there lol
    Reminds me of Trailer Park Boys...

Good luck to those of you near the fires. We did the pack and run twice 2 years ago

Gumnut Peddler

Some of the family has been put on evacuation alert. Hopefully this is as close as the fires get.
    Burning fat, not oil.

removing nudity
    Dman Grinderz, hope all fare well. I don't ever recall hearing Tas getting hit as hard as it is at the moment.

So Tone's, how much longer can we expect this to continue?

Gumnut Peddler
    Apparently there are 30 vehicles within the worst part of the fire trying to get it under control.

Link: TFS Incident Map
    Burning fat, not oil.

usually cranky
    why havnt you answered me tone's? are you ashamed?

Quote Originally Posted by b-kul View Post
    when you whack it do you think about 29ers? i bet you do.
    B-kul, im sorry mate i meant to answer this but got carried away with a few others..

The answer is yes, often i go to bike shops in an erotic mood, when the shop assistant is sidetracked i pretend in looking over the 29ers and with my backturned ,knock the top off it onto a 29er seat of wheel.
    Then i just casually walk out of the shop like nothings happened, ive so far done about 20 sydney bike shops and left my calling card.

Its a great and healthy passtime, and if you ask me im adding value to the bikes.

official eMpTyBRain
    ^ !, just !!!
    ...and proud member of the anti-sock puppet desolation

Page 19 of 35 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 29 ... LastLast