Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury

O.C. Official Motorcycle Thread.....AKA Evel Knievel Thread.

Evel Knievel Documentary "New for 2013"If interested turn on the Discovery channel right now. American Legend Life and career of Evel Knievel.
    Edit: After watching it there is new exposed information and new never before aired footage. Definitely worth watching. Keep an eye out for reruns on the Discovery channel. They usually run repeats all month.

Edit: This thread started out as an Evel Knievel thread. But now it is officially the O.C. Motorcycle thread. Post up anything motorcycle.
    Last edited by DIRTJUNKIE; 10-16-2013 at 11:19 PM. Reason: I plead the 5th.
    ---------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)
    ************^^^^¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqpcBpSsj1A

banned
    Aug 2011
    There are already like 10 documentaries on Mr. Knievel.

Oh I should have mentioned this one is "brand new". Thanks I edited the title.
    Last edited by DIRTJUNKIE; 10-14-2013 at 09:36 PM.
    ---------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)

banned
    Aug 2011
    Is there any new information? I guess I'll have to wait for it on Netflix.

Gor'n Ridin'!
    I guess there must be a bunch of different Discovery Channels because the one we have doesn't have that show on and I checked just a few minutes after you posted this.

fresh fish in stock...... SuperModerator
    Evel rules...

my son at 2 1/2

O.C. Official Motorcycle thread.....-t-evel.jpg
    Click Here for Forum Rules

Quote Originally Posted by No Agenda View Post
    Is there any new information? I guess I'll have to wait for it on Netflix.
    Yeah they exposed some things that were not known to the public before. Mostly how he really played up some injuries as being worse than they were. His Ceasers Palace jump was played off to the public that he was in a coma for days. When actually he never went into a coma. All to build up his image as a super hero. A hero that almost dies then comes back to life is more exciting to the public than a perfect jump. They faked that he was in a coma for 23 days. Some other stuff was revealed as well that wasn't in previous documentaries. Oh also that with the rocket jump they think he purposly pulled the parachute
    prematurely as a publicity stunt. It was always
    thought it was a mechanical malfunction. Keep an
    eye out on the Discovery channel for repeat plays.
    I know it's being showed again in a half hour.
    10:10 p.m. mountain time. New exclusive footage never shown also.
    ---------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    I'm all over this on the West Coast. I met Evel once in Butte, America.

Funny you posred that toy CHUM. That was his biggest money maker and his biggest downfall financially. When some guy wrote a book about Evil and insulted him in the book. Evil went over and beat the crap out of him with a baseball bat. He went to jai for six months and Matel the toy company pulled his toy contract. That's when he went bankrupt and lost his super hero reputation. And nobody would sponsor anymore big spectacular jumps.
    ---------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)

banned
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    Funny you posred that toy CHUM. That was his biggest money maker and his biggest downfall financially. When some guy wrote a book about Evil and insulted him in the book. Evil went over and beat the crap out of him with a baseball bat. He went to jai for six months and Matel the toy company pulled his toy contract. That's when he went bankrupt and lost his super hero reputation. And nobody would sponsor anymore big spectacular jumps.
    Fancy that, he could have made some real dough if he had just starred in his own documentaries.

Fancy that, he could have made some real dough if he had just starred in his own documentaries.
    He made 60 million dollars over his career. How huge of money is that in the 1970's and he spent it all. He also broke 400 bones throughout his career, of course most were repeat breaks.
    ---------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow Danger View Post
    I'm all over this on the West Coast. I met Evel once in Butte, America.
    I also grew up in Idaho. I begged my parents incessantly to take me to the Snake River jump. I had them willing to at least think about it, but then news started coming in that Hell's Angels, hippies and partiers from around the country were showing up and wild times were happening in the town of Twin Falls and the area surrounding the jump. My parents said, no way. It was perhaps the great disappointment of my childhood.

banned
    Aug 2011
    He made 60 million dollars over his career. How huge of money is that in the 1970's and he spent it all. He also broke 400 bones throughout his career, of course most were repeat breaks.
    So, you are saying he would be eligible for Obamacare?

banned
    Aug 2011
    I also grew up in Idaho. I begged my parents incessantly to take me to the Snake River jump. I had them willing to at least think about it, but then news started coming in that Hell's Angels, hippies and partiers from around the country were showing up and wild times were happening in the town of Twin Falls and the area surrounding the jump. My parents said, no way. It was perhaps the great disappointment of my childhood.
    My parents said the same thing when I asked to go to Pro Wrestling matches.

A waste of time it is is
    It is reported that he has said "I made $60 million in my career, but spent $62 million"

Quote Originally Posted by emu26 View Post
    It is reported that he has said "I made $60 million in my career, but spent $62 million"
    He had major IRS debt and lost everything. See what booze and woman will get ya.
    ---------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Well, the show just finished up on the West Coast. Not very good, but certainly better than a Ancient Aliens.

Well, the show just finished up on the West Coast. Not very good, but certainly better than a Ancient Aliens.
    Thanks SD I built this thing up like it was the next Van Halen reunion and you tear it down to Ancient Aliens level in one post. Great!
    ---------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Thanks SD I built this thing up like it was the next Van Halen reunion and you tear it down to Ancient Aliens level in one post. Great!
    Well, I've seen all the other Evel docs, so I'm hard to impress.

So, you are saying he would be eligible for Obamacare?
    He would have been the Obamacare poster child.
    ---------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)

I also grew up in Idaho. I begged my parents incessantly to take me to the Snake River jump. I had them willing to at least think about it, but then news started coming in that Hell's Angels, hippies and partiers from around the country were showing up and wild times were happening in the town of Twin Falls
    and the area surrounding the jump. My parents
    said, no way. It was perhaps the great
    disappointment of my childhood.
    Yep that Snake River Rocket jump was a huge disaster in who showed up to watch it. As you said all bikers and hippies. They tore the place apart and Evil had no way of backing out of it. They were on the verge of rioting and if he did they would have killed him.

I remember that jump I was 13 years old and Evil was larger than life. I was totally in to dirt bikes by that time and Evil was my idol. My early dirt bike days I lived to jump and ride wheelies. All my friends had motorcycles as well and that was our thing. Who could jump the farthest and ride a wheelie the farthest.
    ---------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)

Meatbomb
    His son Robbie was a major douche!

Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    His son Robbie was a major douche!
    Was? Or still is.
    He tried following in Evels footsteps by going out and doing jump demonstrations. Problem was [is] he was riding a modern and modified 13" travel motocross bike. Hmmm slightly different a rocketship weighing 200L.B. with that kind of suspension travel. Evel did it on 650 L.B. slow 6" travel bikes.

So Robbie was out there jumping gaps that were a common distance for anybody riding a motocross bike in todays era could do. Plus most of those guys are throwing down multiple mid air tricks. Robbie was jumping straight head on like his dad. When I was riding I was pulling 100' gaps with a modern motocross bike. Robbie Knievel made an ass of himself putting on huge jump show's and not delivering anything different. When his dad Evel jumped there were much lighter 2 stroke 7" & 8" travel dirt bikes available but his weapons of choice were heavy short travel Triumphs & Harleys

Although I must say Robbie has a similar crash technique as his fathers.

Robbie on his high tech 13" travel MX bike 2011'
    <iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/7Jh5xT4Or8M?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Evel at Ceasers Palace 1967' On a 67' Triumph 6" travel 650 L.B. bike.
    <iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/cnPZq9rdNEI?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Last edited by DIRTJUNKIE; 10-15-2013 at 11:11 AM.
    ---------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)

meh... whatever
    Was? Or still is.
    He tried following in Evels footsteps by going out and doing jump demonstrations. Problem was [is] he was riding a modern and modified 13" travel motocross bike. Hmmm slightly different a rocketship weighing 200L.B. with that kind of suspension travel. Evel did it on 650 L.B. slow 6" travel bikes.

So Robbie was out there jumping gaps that were a common distance for anybody riding a motocross bike in todays era could do. Plus most of those guys are throwing down multiple mid air tricks. Robbie was jumping straight head on like his dad. When I was riding I was pulling 100' gaps with a modern motocross bike. Robbie Knievel made an ass of himself putting on huge jump show's and not delivering anything different. When his dad Evel jumped there were much lighter 2 stroke 7" & 8" travel dirt bikes available but his weapons of choice were heavy short travel Triumphs & Harleys

Although I must say Robbie has a similar crash technique as his fathers.
    agreed. can generally see better jumps at indoor stadium events than robbie does at his shows.

kinda looks to me like robbie just bailed rather than crashed, doesn't it? perhaps the straw bales were coming up too quickly??? a decent moto rider could've easily pulled out of that little wobble.

and what the heck was grizzly adams doing at robbies jump?!?!?!?
    "Knowledge is good." ~ Emil Faber

Quote Originally Posted by monogod View Post
    agreed. can generally see better jumps at indoor stadium events than robbie does at his shows.

kinda looks to me like robbie just bailed rather than crashed, doesn't it? perhaps the straw bales were coming up too quickly??? a decent moto
    rider could've easily pulled out of that little
    wobble.

and what the heck was grizzly adams doing at
    robbies jump?!?!?!?
    Was that Grizzly?
    I'm going to dig out some old photos of myself
    jumping 100' gaps. Almost anybody that grew up riding MX can pull these jumps off with todays bikes. I was doing it on an 89' YZ 250 WR. And todays bikes are even better. Robbies bike was highly modified in suspension and power to weight savings.
    ---------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)

Meatbomb
    Was? Or still is.
    I guess I said 'was' because I rode with him a couple summers in White Fish Montana (had a buddy living there for a while that knew him) and he was a class A Douche.

A real legend in his own mind.

meh... whatever
    Was that Grizzly?
    yup! at the very end of the clip robbie says something to the effect of "get these jerks outta the way and come here dan".

he's hard to recognize though, cuz grizzly adams looks more like he's been living off fast food than living of the land!
    "Knowledge is good." ~ Emil Faber

I guess I said 'was' because I rode with him a couple summers in White Fish Montana (had a buddy living there for a while that knew him) and he was a class A Douche.

That's cool that you got to ride with him. And it's refreshing to see that you weren't all star [celebrity] struck but saw him for what he really is.

Quote Originally Posted by monogod View Post
    yup! at the very end of the clip robbie says something to the effect of "get these jerks outta the way and come here dan".

he's hard to recognize though, cuz grizzly adams looks more like he's been living off fast food than living of the land!
    I know Dan Haggerty is in to motorcycles and the motorcycle scene. He had his hand in on creating the bike for the movie Easy Rider from back in the day. So it doesn't surprise me that he is Robbies shoulder to cry on.
    ---------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)

O.C. Official Motorcycle thread.....

Now that this is the official OC Motorcycle thread I thought I'd post up some old photo's of myself and a couple bikes I had.

Pictures 1 - 9
    Mostly myself jumping. Photo #1 that is a real dune buggy in the background. It look's like a toy in the photo. The two photo's with two guys side by side I'm the one on the right. Take note of my buddy with his Bart Simpson doll on the front number plate [during the Simpsons heyday]. These photo's were taken in 1991' out at Glamis Sand Dunes in So. Cal. My bike as well as my buddy's bike is a Yamaha YZ 250 WR the, WR stands for wide ratio. The bike was identical in every way to the regular YZ except the gear box. The first three gear's were the same as a regular YZ but fourth and fifth were much higher for hauling butt across the desert, the perfect desert weapon. Also the WR came with blue seat and graphics compared to the regular YZ with red seat and graphics.

Picture 10
    I included a bike that I had years ago. Which was the first Mono Shock production bike. The yellow and white bike, It's a 1975' Yamaha MX 400. A beast of a bike with serious power. My older brother bought it new and I later bought it from him.

Picture 11- 14
    And the photo of me in the snow and in the water at age 15 on my brand new red 1975 Yamaha DT 250 that I bought new from saving my paper route money.

Picture 15
    And then my first bike at 11 years old a yellow Kawasaki G-5 100 and my friend had the same bike. I'm on the left.

Picture 16
    Then the group photo the year was 1973'. From left my dad's orange 72' Kawasaki 250, then my older brothers red 73' Kawasaki 250 then me with my yellow 72' Kawasaki G-5 100 then another friends yellow Kaweasaki G-5 100.

Pictures 17 & 18
    Then two photo's of my new black 82' Yamaha MAXIM 650 taken in 82'.
    A story about this bike. I bought it new in 82' and layed it over two weeks later. Which explains the cool 4 into 1 header. I trashed the pipes so what better time than to make it louder more H.P, and cooler looking.

I grew up on dirt bikes and was a wild man on those. Here I am at 21 and get a street bike and my testoserone got the better of me. My wild riding characteristics didn't change just because there was pavement below me. I guess you learn from your mistakes if your lucky enough not to die in the mean time.

Here's what happened I was riding with a group of 8 bikes in the mountains of Colorado. We stopped at a pub and had a beer [stupid]. So then we jump on the bikes and take off. Most of the bikes had girls on the back but a friend and I didn't. So we passed everybody showing off and raced up a long 1/4 mile hill that hair pinned to the right at the top. So here we are balls to the wall by the time we hit the corner I was going 80 m.p.h. I hit the brakes to make the corner and hit some sand [they use sand on the road in the winter]. This was in march right after the thaw. Well I hit the sand and the bike slid out and I followed the bike sliding behind it about 50' until the bike and then myself slammed into the steel guardrail. Which luckely was there because it saved my life, there was a 200' cliff drop to the bottom. I stood up freaking out about my new bike that looked trashed. I had road rash on my arms and butt and legs. There wasn't and still isn't a helmet law in Colorado and I wasn't wearing a helmet [another dumb idea] luckely I manged not to hit my head. Anyway I stood up freaking about my bike and worried about the cops showing up because of the one beer I had. All my friends were worried about me but I said I'm fine. I started the bike up and rode it home through the country roads. The pipes were trashed and the rear frame behind the seat was bent and sticking upwards. I didn't claim it on insurance and paid out of pocket to repair it. It cost me $750 bucks including the cool 4 in to 1 Kerker header.

Everybody feel free to post anything motorcycle in this thread now that it's the official OC motorcycle thread.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails O.C. Official Motorcycle thread.....-img003.jpg  

O.C. Official Motorcycle thread.....-img005.jpg  

O.C. Official Motorcycle thread.....-img002.jpg  

O.C. Official Motorcycle thread.....-img004.jpg  

O.C. Official Motorcycle thread.....-img001.jpg  

O.C. Official Motorcycle thread.....-img003.jpg  

O.C. Official Motorcycle thread.....-img005.jpg  

O.C. Official Motorcycle thread.....-dt-250-2.jpg  

O.C. Official Motorcycle thread.....-dt-250-3.jpg  

O.C. Official Motorcycle thread.....-img006.jpg  

O.C. Official Motorcycle thread.....-img003.jpg  

Last edited by DIRTJUNKIE; 10-25-2013 at 03:20 PM.
    ---------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)

I meant to ask you did you ride dirt bikes or street bokes with him. I know he's in to his Harley riding.
    ---------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)

gone walk about
    Just a bit of an asphalt junkie back then..
    Attachment 839619
    Attachment 839625
    plus+, plus+ = win:

Meatbomb
    Current ride is an XR650R...

Quote Originally Posted by nvphatty View Post
    Just a bit of an asphalt junkie back then..
    Sweet!
    ---------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)

Now, THAT'S gonna hurt!
    BRAAAAAAP!

Here's a '73 Yamaha AT3 125 Enduro I did a frame up restoration on a couple years ago. After my neck surgery, I wasn't riding it and I needed to regenerate my lost leg muscles so I traded it for a MTB....bringing me back to this site after a long hiatus.

Even though it's not Caturday, here's Gromit kickin' it on my custom Russell seat on my Yamaha FJR1300 Sport/Tour a couple weeks ago. Claws IN, Grom...claws IN!

My beloved '03 Suzuki...

...and my precious 1983 Honda Nighthawk 650 with Baloney Slice mufflers for that bad dude look...

Cool bikes Oh My Sack. Love the 73' Yamahahaha. I have to dig some more photos out of some other bikes I had. I learned on a bike similar to your Yamaha. It was a 69' Yamaha 90 of my brothers And I got my first motorcycle a Kawasaki G-5 100 at age 11. But before any of that I learned at age 8 on my brothers Rupp mini bike.
    ---------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Hey, now that you've changed the name to this thread it explains why I couldn't figure out why I kept getting notification to a thread I never subscribed to. I think Evel needs his own thread. I'm going to start an OC poll asking if folks would like an "Evel" only thread.

Hey, now that you've changed the name to this thread it explains why I couldn't figure out why I kept getting notification to a thread I never subscribed to. I think Evel needs his own thread. I'm going to start
    an OC poll asking if folks would like an "Evel" only thread.
    So it's ben 8 hours, are you still typing up that poll.
    ---------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    So it's ben 8 hours, are you still typing up that poll.
    I feel asleep right in the middle of it. Woke up, and decided the idea was kind of stupid.

High Desert MTBer
    Quote Originally Posted by Oh My Sack! View Post
    BRAAAAAAP!

Here's a '73 Yamaha AT3 125 Enduro I did a frame up restoration on a couple years ago. After my neck surgery, I wasn't riding it and I needed to regenerate my lost leg muscles so I traded it for a MTB....bringing me back to this site after a long hiatus.

Even though it's not Caturday, here's Gromit kickin' it on my custom Russell seat on my Yamaha FJR1300 Sport/Tour a couple weeks ago. Claws IN, Grom...claws IN!

My beloved '03 Suzuki...

...and my precious 1983 Honda Nighthawk 650 with Baloney Slice mufflers for that bad dude look...

Very nice work! Your bikes are truly beloved by the look of 'em!
    It's all Here. Now.

mtbr member
    I rode a KLR650 for awhile.... everywhere.

Lots of camping trips to Oregon, the Sierras, Deathvalley

My buddy is scared of heights... in the pic below. I rode up to the edge of the cliff and climed off, He's back a bit on his bike and he started to hyper ventilate.. " HEY HEY..Get BACK. " ... you're going to fall off there !

" It's ok, I've still got my helmet on "

View out the tent.

Homemade Cruse control.

Album Cover :

Highspeed Hikers - " Teakettle Junction" cir. 2006

High Desert MTBer
    I was looking for a picture of one of my favorite bikes I owned, a '97 900 Ducati Monster in silver. It was a factory one-off color at the time, so rare. I passed it on to my nephew when I left the UK 7 years ago, and he is still riding it. I rode it everywhere, and one time rode it all round Europe, without TOO many problems!
    I used to work at a Rock festival in germany most summers if I could, Rock Am Ring, and used to try to always take whatever bike I had at the time, then ride thru a bit of France, across thru the Ardennes, and on into Deutschland thru the mountains. It was a great trip on a bike, and then when I got there, I had sole use of both the old and new Nurburgring as they would close the tracks to everyone for the week of the festival. It was always cool to be the only person on the track!
    One year I took the Monster down there, and after the festival ended, Ozzy asked if I could go do some shows in Germany with him for a week, so I parked the bike in the hotel garage at the Ring, and took off. When I got back, I could not start the bloody thing for all the tea in China. I tried everything, but the plugs were screwed, and I had the wrong size plug spanner.
    We still had the office trailer at the track as they were still finishing the pack up after the festival, so I pushed the Monster over there thru the service tunnel to the infield to see if I could get help.
    It just so happened that the World Superbikes were arriving and setting up for the next weekend race there, and right in front of me I saw the WSB Ducati team setting up in their pit area. I pushed the bike over to them and asked for help. They were astounded that I had ridden from England, and was going to ride it back there if I could get it going, and they stopped everything to go to work on it. I called my biking pals at home... "you'll never guess who's working on my bike right now" etc! When they were done with it, it went like **** off a shovel! I have no idea what was done, but I got back to England a little quicker than it took me to get there!

I love bikes!!! Can't find the picture tho
    It's all Here. Now.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rockerc View Post
    "you'll never guess who's working on my bike "
    Cool Story

Some awesome photo's and stories everyone. I added a few more photo's to my above post if interested.
    ---------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)

mtbr member
    if interested.

Not interested...

Quote Originally Posted by Fishbucket View Post
    Not interested...

You a very, very funny man.
    ---------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)

My black 82' Yamaha MAXIM 650 / photo taken in 82'.
    A story about this bike. I bought it new in 82' and layed it over two weeks later. Which explains the 4 into 1 header. I trashed the pipes so what better time than to make it louder more H.P, and cooler looking.

I grew up on dirt bikes and was a wild man on those. Here I am at 21 and get a street bike and my testoserone got the better of me. My wild riding characteristics didn't change just because there was pavement below me. I guess you learn from your mistakes if your lucky enough not to die in the mean time.

Here's what happened I was riding with a group of 8 bikes in the mountains of Colorado. We stopped at a pub and had a beer [stupid]. So then we jump on the bikes and take off. Most of the bikes had girls on the back but a friend and I didn't. So we passed everybody showing off and raced up a long 1/4 mile hill that hair pinned to the right at the top. So here we are balls to the wall by the time we hit the corner I was going 80 m.p.h. I hit the brakes to make the corner and hit some sand [they use sand on the road in the winter]. This was in march right after the thaw. Well I hit the sand and the bike slid out and I followed the bike sliding behind it about 50' until the bike and then myself slammed into the steel guardrail. Which luckely was there because it saved my life, there was a 200' cliff drop to the bottom. I stood up freaking out about my new bike that looked trashed. I had road rash on my arms and butt and legs. There wasn't and still isn't a helmet law in Colorado and I wasn't wearing a helmet [another dumb idea] luckely I manged not to hit my head. Anyway I stood up freaking about my bike and worried about the cops showing up because of the one beer I had. All my friends were worried about me but I said I'm fine. I started the bike up and rode it home through the country roads. The pipes were trashed and the rear frame behind the seat was bent and sticking upwards. I didn't claim it on insurance and paid out of pocket to repair it. It cost me $750 bucks including the cool 4 in to 1 Kerker header.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails O.C. Official Motorcycle thread.....-img002.jpg  

---------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)

Now, THAT'S gonna hurt!
    Lovin' the Colt with the BFG T/A's and Keystone Sunspoke wheels!

Quote Originally Posted by Oh My Sack! View Post
    Lovin' the Colt with the BFG T/A's and Keystone Sunspoke wheels!

Ha,ha funny you recognized that. My buddy that painted my GTO later on first painted that car for me. It's a 75' Colt that I bought from my older sister. It was in supreme condition. But it being a 75'/ it had a smog motor and lower compression. I knew of a 74' that was just sitting so I picked it up for $300 just for the motor. One of my friend's father had a backhoe. So we used it to pull the motor out of the 74' and put it in the trunk of his big old Buick. I then drove my 75' Colt down as he followed to my engine builder. Dropped my 75' off and the 74' motor. I had previously ordered a racing cam from Isky. The 74' had a Hooker 4 into 1 header so I was good there. They built the motor up going .030 over and balance and blue printed it plus porting and polishing. And race pistons of course. I then bought a thrush muffler and ran the Hooker header 4 into 1 then into the loud Thrush muffler and into a splitter making it a dual exhaust. I then had it dump out in front of each of the back wheels with side cut chrome tips. That sucker was so loud and a fast little 4 banger. The motors are a half Hemi design and really run if you build them right.

Now that I had it dialed in mechanically I had my buddy paint it. It was originally white and was a centennial design that had a Levi Strauss blue vinyl top that imitated the jeans look. We kept the top the same but painted the rest with white lacquer with blue pearl and custom painted graphics and clear coated. The blue pearl really was awesome. When it hit a certain light certain body lines would turn blue. It was a bad ass little car all done up.

When my buddy's GTO came up for sale I asked him not to put it on the market. Please give me two weeks to come up with the money. All I needed to do was sell the Colt and I'de be able to buy the GTO. So he agreed to give me two weeks and I immediately put the Colt up for sale on the corner of the busiest street in town. Within two day's I sold it and was able to buy my dream car the GTO. But I got to enjoy the colt after it was done for about a year. The guy who bought it was a 16 year old brother of my sisters boyfriend. He blew the motor up within a couple months. Raced the crap out of it and constantly over revved and red lined it. That motor was built by a professional. Famous drag racer Eddie Hill's ex mechanic built it as well as my GTO motor. And the fat BFG tires were fat 50 series in the back with slightly smaller 60 series up front.
    Sorry everyone I get distracted easily, back to motorcycles.

I'll see if I can dig up some better photo's of it and post them up for you. The hood had a custom painted horseshoe design to match the Colt name.
    ---------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)

mtbr member
    another cool thread, dj. about to introduce the idea of dirtbikes to the mrs for my 10yr old since my pumptrack campaign for the backyard didn't work. got a possible brodeal on a cr50 that would have to lead into me having to get a bike as well for "quality time and bonding" ofcourse! braap!

Quote Originally Posted by 53119 View Post
    another cool thread, dj. about to introduce the idea of dirtbikes to the mrs for my 10yr old since my pumptrack campaign for the backyard didn't work. got a possible brodeal on a cr50 that would have to lead into me having to get a bike as well for "quality time and bonding" ofcourse! braap!

Awesome idea and best quality time for a son and father to do. You should also get the wifey a bike she may end up digging it. There's no pedaling involved.
    ---------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast