Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Nobody....

Front Range, Colorado

Nobody....

........really here much anymore. Anybody else finding they're heading off to other forums by default, and not by choice.
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)
    ************^^^^^^Rock Garden
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqpcBpSsj1A

Ride More, Whine Less

Nobody....

DJ, is this you?

Front Range, Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by heyyall View Post
    DJ, is this you?
    Sadly yes!
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)
    ************^^^^^^Rock Garden
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqpcBpSsj1A

AZ
    banned
    You might ask why is there nobody here anymore? As far as the other sub forums, I always have visited them, tried to add some content. Its good for the forum, helps build community. Honestly, the OC has grown stagnant, stale. I have mentioned it before. There needs to be a certain refresh rate and its lacking, the status quo won't cut it, people have a short attention spans when it comes to certain subjects. Variety, it is lacking, unless you count the predominance of schoolyard humor. The most popular thread in the OC is about what? That's right, bikes. Well I can read about that all over this forum, while many people just see that thread as a "good ole boys" club or elitist. That's what happens when a couple of handfuls of posters populate a sub-forum, it gives off the wrong message. Time to cast a wider net, step up the game. That or just shut this sub-forum down as it is no longer relevant. Would be a shame to see that happen, time to do something to turn it around me thinks cause this surely isn't working, the OC is on life support. Just my two centavos.

official eMpTyBRain
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty $anchez View Post
    You might ask why is there nobody here anymore? As far as the other sub forums, I always have visited them, tried to add some content. Its good for the forum, helps build community. Honestly, the OC has grown stagnant, stale. I have mentioned it before. There needs to be a certain refresh rate and its lacking, the status quo won't cut it, people have a short attention spans when it comes to certain subjects. Variety, it is lacking, unless you count the predominance of schoolyard humor. The most popular thread in the OC is about what? That's right, bikes. Well I can read about that all over this forum, while many people just see that thread as a "good ole boys" club or elitist. That's what happens when a couple of handfuls of posters populate a sub-forum, it gives off the wrong message. Time to cast a wider net, step up the game. That or just shut this sub-forum down as it is no longer relevant. Would be a shame to see that happen, time to do something to turn it around me thinks cause this surely isn't working, the OC is on life support. Just my two centavos.
    So much down talk about OC from you D$. ..and yet you are still here, keeping a watchful eye over things. The overseer.

Every time you say this, you put another black eye on OC. There's plenty of new things going on here and plenty of old things too, it's not "stagnant". There's gonna be down times in activity when some of us have responsibilities to see to in order to have free time later to enjoy this later. Not everyone can be here all at the same time.

Frankly, I'm shocked that you would want this to ever end, which is basically what your words above are saying.

And I can only hope that what you really meant is that you miss some of the now dead personalities we once had here.
    ...and proud member of the anti-sock puppet desolation

AZ
    banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    So much down talk about OC from you D$. ..and yet you are still here, keeping a watchful eye over things. The overseer.

Every time you say this, you put another black eye on OC. There's plenty of new things going on here and plenty of old things too, it's not "stagnant". There's gonna be down times in activity when some of us have responsibilities to see to in order to have free time later to enjoy this later. Not everyone can be here all at the same time.

Frankly, I'm shocked that you would want this to ever end, which is basically what your words above are saying.

And I can only hope that what you really meant is that you miss some of the now dead personalities we once had here.

You miss the entire point of the post. The OC does well enough acquiring black eyes on its own and if it cant stand some constructive criticism then there is no saving it. Let the decline continue.

official eMpTyBRain
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty $anchez View Post
    You miss the entire point of the post. The OC does well enough acquiring black eyes on its own and if it cant stand some constructive criticism then there is no saving it. Let the decline continue.
    "constructive criticism" on an ongoing basis is degrading, not "constructive". That's the point of my post.

mtbr member
    is there a happy meal to be had here?

official eMpTyBRain
    Quote Originally Posted by nvphatty View Post
    is there a happy meal to be had here?
    Sure, if you're buying.

Ride More, Whine Less
    People get busy. People move on. People start over. It's a circle of internet life. It does no good to read more into it than that.

Two sayings that gets me through tough times is "I do the best I can with what I have" and "I never did mind about the little things".

banned
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    ........really here much anymore. Anybody else finding they're heading off to other forums by default, and not by choice.

It has been on the skids since the "Purge" imo, all the real talent is gone.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by floydlippencott View Post
    It has been on the skids since the "Purge" imo, all the real talent is gone.
    I don't know that I would call the trading of NSFW gifs "real talent". BTW, got any good NSFW gifs? Or a meme. I'm jonesing for a good meme.
    Last edited by Slow Danger; 11-20-2013 at 09:58 AM.
    Noogie...Noogie...Noogie.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    I've been building so much 'community' in the SoCal forum that I really need a break. Too goddam depressing there.
    Re-Cycled Person who rides a mountain bicycle.

banned
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow Danger View Post
    I don't know that I would call the trading of NSFW gifs "real talent". BTW, got any good NSFW gifs? Or a meme. I'm jonsing for a good meme.

Nobody....-ghost-town.jpg

official eMpTyBRain
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Raton View Post
    I've been building so much 'community' in the SoCal forum that I really need a break. Too goddam depressing there.
    Yes, Ray I've been watching that stuff for you SD guys. That does suck, badly. Time to relocate?

check your six
    Nope... I stay here when on the interwebs.. I like it here. When I am done with the OC for the time being, I turn off the computer and go outside and play.
    "We can always find excuses if we want to find them, but if we really want to do something, we have to just go."

Bro
    Where I do my thinking
    Did Tones fall off the underside of the planet or something?
    I've made some bad decisions like taking the gears off my bike. So here's the warning: Do not as I say, nor as I do.

re member
    I predict that as winter keeps rolling in closer, the forum activity will pick up.
    Rocktoberfest 2014 edit here
    Rocktoberfest 2014 clips here

official eMpTyBRain
    Quote Originally Posted by sodak View Post
    Nope... I stay here when on the interwebs.. I like it here. When I am done with the OC for the time being, I turn off the computer and go outside and play.
    My sediments, ezzzzactly.

official eMpTyBRain
    Quote Originally Posted by net wurker View Post
    I predict that as winter keeps rolling in closer, the forum activity will pick up.
    Ahhh, you've been here through a few Winters I see!

Ride More, Whine Less

Nobody....

Quote Originally Posted by net wurker View Post
    Please don't say that "w" word too loudly. Mother nature is waiting for an invitation to pounce. On the other hand, the ski hill near town opens this weekend

official eMpTyBRain
    ^Understood and agreed upon, so I'm gonna change the subject:

FRIED CHICKEN!!!

Ride More, Whine Less
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    ^Understood and agreed upon, so I'm gonna change the subject:

FRIED CHICKEN!!!
    I'll raise you chicken slowly smoked with a mixture of hickory and apple wood. We are talking about fall-off-the-bone tenderness

re member
    Hey Hawg......knock knock.....
    Rocktoberfest 2014 edit here
    Rocktoberfest 2014 clips here

official eMpTyBRain
    Quote Originally Posted by heyyall View Post
    I'll raise you chicken slowly smoked with a mixture of hickory and apple wood. We are talking about fall-off-the-bone tenderness
    Listen... Hear that??? It's me me standing at your front door out in the freezing cold. Let me in, I want me some of that yummy chicken you're talking about.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast