Thread: Neg rep

reading comprehension wat

Neg rep

What do you think of neg rep? What do you think of neg reppers? Are there any simple words to describe them? What are some of the most ridiculous or unreasonable neg rep you got? From well-known supposedly reputable people? Screenshots?

Keep it clean. People seem to have a need to vent some anger/frustration and it doesn't need to get ugly. Rather than retaliate with neg rep or hostile posts, do the more mature thing and shrug it off, as you know your jokes and credibility just aren't fully apparent to some.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    What is this Neg Rep thing you;re talking about?

check your six
    There is a thread about your "best" neg rep, its actually kind of funny.. But, Neg rep is a good thing, IMO. It lets you know when your being a d o u c h e. I have received a few.. and learned from it.
    "We can always find excuses if we want to find them, but if we really want to do something, we have to just go."

Binned
    Nov 2008
    Abusers of the system suck but there are moments when it is well deserved.

gobsmacked Moderator

Neg rep

Is this because you got negged for this?

Identifying where your money is going in a "higher end" part?

girlonbike, yes. I got my answer, so I decided to not take it seriously anymore, but people took it even more seriously.

Seems they wanted the thread to go on, so I decided to lead it off on a sort of new path.

I'm taking a stance of giving no neg rep. I did look up the post history of those who did neg rep me though, and what I found was amusing. It made me curious about others receiving similar experiences.

Hmm, what did neg rep teach me... I posted asking, "what is a blowhard" after that, then discovered the line between a blowhard and not being a blowhard is rather thin, and almost everyone could be considered one, depending on your perspective and general impression. This very post, someone can jump to conclusions, with very minimal evidence, and call me a blowhard. It's all in their frame of mind, to pity, to hate, to scrutinize, to support, to befriend, to want to say that whatever I post is gonna not be taken positively, due to the avatar I have, cuz plpz r srs, etc. What is a blowhard exactly, anyways? And r u rly a gurl? You don't have to answer that last question, I'm just JKing.

gobsmacked Moderator

Neg rep

You oughta take it down a notch. That helps. Relentless arguing tends to come across as annoying.

AZ
    banned

gobsmacked Moderator

Neg rep

Yeah. Me either. May as well been in all caps.

I'm not the most experienced, nor quickest to catch on, nor have fully learned "common sense", so forgive me if I jump to incorrect conclusions on my understanding of how things work here.

People seek consensus and support here. It's like a support group for bike junkies, in some ways.

People seek wisdom and advice here. It's like the biggest bike resource available, due to the people here. It's turned into a community, of people trying to help others since maybe they were helped by others in the past.

It's like...

People dislike their opinions being questioned. No matter what, if you question opinions, it's gonna turn ugly, especially if a poster has an avatar like mine. People question others' opinions all the time.

I don't wanna change my avatar, since I subconsciously picked it and think there's a good reason why. No no, don't try to argue my opinion, cause that will always turn out bad.

People dislike assumptions. I just assumed you were gonna argue about my opinion on my avatar choice. Woops. People assume all the time, due to human nature.

Overthinking is considered foolish and ignorance is in fashion... oh wait, is that an assumption too? I would like to think I'm perceptive and comprehensive, but apparently not, as what I think I need to be perceptive is a common frame of mind, a frame of mind that I'm ending up questioning.

Am I screwed since I think this way and am seemingly incompatible with MTBR? Quit now?

****** to the dirt
    Quote Originally Posted by girlonbike View Post
    Is this because you got negged for this?

Identifying where your money is going in a "higher end" part?
    I think my head hurt after reading that. to many essays.

edit: don't we already have one of these threads

Your best Negative Rep comment
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    There's some strange folk out there 'bouts. They have no sense of humor.
    My Blog

My English professor would call that an incomprehensible piece of garbage, not an essay.

You know what, thanks. I learned from your post more than neg rep. Try to make my posts "easier to digest". K-I-S-S... gotta know the people here. They aren't like my buddies, working on our next evil plan to take over the world.

gobsmacked Moderator

Neg rep

Yes. We dumberer.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by girlonbike View Post
    Yeah. Me either. May as well been in all caps.
    I found that thread to be really interesting! Me being an idiot and all I didn't contribute but fascinating none the less!

check your six
    I knew I recognized that avatar from somewhere... Welcome to the OC OP..
    "We can always find excuses if we want to find them, but if we really want to do something, we have to just go."

mtbr member
    It takes a high level of stupidity for me to neg rep.

I was neg repped once for this post Holding drink endo crash passion

dude neg repped me and commented the following "It's because you were drinking a Protein shake thats why, let me guess you were rocking some sick underarmour and vibram toe shoes too."

Wut? LMAO!

I'm coming to the conclusion that's it's more the closed minded people who criticize, especially ones that try to dig up personal details or ASSume personal details to also criticize and discredit, that are often dumb and unbearable, more than anything else.

check your six
    My mind is open to anything... well.. With exception of Tones and his "thoughts".. He comes up with some wild sh*t sometimes.. Damn Aussies.. My friend, while in the OC you must thicken your skin and learn to let sh*t roll off your back. Everywhere else, your on your own.. lol...

AZ
    banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dv8xin View Post

Quit now?

Fark no! You cannot let them beat you down so easily.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Man, OP, you sure know a lot about this site for somebody who has only been around for a week. I like your style though.

REALLY?
    Knock on wood, I haven't had a neg rep in a while, but, when I do, they say, "your an a-hole" and they usually don't sign it.
    DJ, "Because I'm sure the world need's more dudes stalking the woods stoned out of their mind carrying a deadly weapon."

I suppose you can say there are weight weenies and there are "wait" weenies on this board.

"Wait" weenies are the wusses that "wait-and-see", preferring to take no action, relying on others. I hate waiting. Waiting should be abolished. I instead choose to be active and try to be productive.

I was mainly interested in building up a new bike, but kind of got sucked into various discussions. Guess what, I can't figure out what platform pedal to get. There are cliches here like in other places. I just sort of stepped back and tried to analyze and make browsing this place more efficient. I actually enjoy the joke threads better than the nerdy ones.

I actually think I'm slow, lazy, and foolish, but I work on remedying that. I was thinking that Sodak saying welcome to OC meant Orange County, and he might have seen me (recognize my avatar), since I recently moved to SoCal... talk about creepy. After browsing some other posts, like ones that hawg has made, I see he uses OC in general and means this Off-Camber forum. A little change in perspective helps a bit.

mtbr member
    You keep saying you just want info yet keep talking trash.
    Yes, news flash, there's some sh!tty people on forums too.
    Round and round we go

No Stranger to danger....
    LOL, Neg rep is good for muppets, slamming imbeciles with neg rep and a loving message is liberating imo.
    OP dont take any of it seriously, if you get hit with some neg rep, just use retaliation rep and hit the muppet back, you see thats the good thing about neg rep, if you get it, you get the last say lol,m you can hit that fugger back with the last words and 142 neg rep points, unless he wants to send you a Butthurt PM, which is falling into my trap anyway as i love going toe to toe with PMs.
    So op its all a game, harden the fug up, if i hadnt sent you pos rep the other day i would have sent you neg rep for your thread here just for my own amusment
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....

Ninja Master Powers
    I can't even find my rep anymore since the "update".

But then I'm an inbred and not the sharpest tool in the shed.
    You can prolly figure how pissed of I was when I found out my sister was really my mom and still trying to figure out which one of my " cousins" is… well you get it…

Quote Originally Posted by DWill View Post
    I can't even find my rep anymore since the "update".

But then I'm an inbred and not the sharpest tool in the shed.
    You can prolly figure how pissed of I was when I found out my sister was really my mom and still trying to figure out which one of my " cousins" is… well you get it…
    Well i agree, take it where you can get it mate, if your mum or your sister is tidy, dont look a gift horse in the mouth...

Ninja Master Powers
    ^^^^. It's just that damn banjo music is so annoying…

Axe
    Custom User Title
    Name:  bad-reputation.jpg
Views: 253
Size:  25.6 KB

Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Here's a news flash for ya all. I post from my cell phone. And for about a month now something went whacky with it. And it only happens on this site. My screen cuts off about half of the left side. So I can't see any names or avatars of people I am responding to. And guess what that means I haven't been able to Rep anyone good or bad for a month. Anybody have any idea WTF setting or glitch I have going on. It really sucks trying to edit a post. I can't see what's happening on the left half as I type. Once I submit I can read the whole thing but still can't see any names or avatars. I took all of your words that I was missing my rep power #.
    Quote Originally Posted by targnik View Post
    So I shoot off all full of bravado, hit this wee booter - grabbing some air, then I land - leading into a greasy rut.

Axe
    Custom User Title
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    Here's a news flash for ya all. I post from my cell phone. And for about a month now something went whacky with it. And it only happens on this site. My screen cuts off about half of the left side. So OI can't see any names or avatars of people I am responding to. And guess what that means I haven't been able to Rep anyone good or bad for a month. Anybody have any idea WTF setting or glitch I have going on. It really sucks trying to edit a post. I can't see what's happening on the left half as I type. Once I submit I can read the whole thing but still can't see any names or avatars. I took all of your words that I was missing my rep power #.
    Tapatalk is nice. No rep either.

Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post
    Tapatalk is nice. No rep either.
    Who said that Actually once I'm in the response screen I can make out the last part of the persons name. I think this is Axe.
    So I shoot off all full of bravado, hit this wee booter - grabbing some air, then I land - leading into a greasy rut.

That sounds like you're subjecting yourself to self-torture, by using that cell phone to participate on MTBR.

Thanks Axe. I looked up where that Bad Reputation poster came from, and laughed.

1/10 stars
    One of the worst movies ever made. Insufferable
    25 February 2010 | by Horrorible_Horror_Films (Outer Mongolia) – See all my reviews
    Horrible movie, just plain AWFUL. This movie sucks almost worse than Titanic. Almost. Not only is the acting bad, but you quickly grow to hate the actors as well, all of them. The cinematography is also absurdly bad. The worst of all is probably the sound. Obviously the idiots that made this crap have idea what in the sam hill they're doing. The movie sounds awful! Every single person that appears in this film is obviously an idiot in real life too. If you were to find the stupidest people you could find, then hit them in the head with a hammer 20 times, then you would get close to how stupid the people are in this movie. This movie sucked a lot in many ways. Really, really, really bad and awful.

Bro
    Content from my avatar
    OP, who are you, and what do you want from us?
    Sometimes, I question the value of my content.

Probably drunk right now
    Quote Originally Posted by dv8xin View Post
    I'm coming to the conclusion that's it's more the closed minded people who criticize, especially ones that try to dig up personal details or ASSume personal details to also criticize and discredit, that are often dumb and unbearable, more than anything else.
    That's a pretty poor assumption on your part. I've found most people to be helpful, if I'm truly looking for help. If I'm trolling or being argumentative, I expect to be called on it.
    JPark - 3.5- don't listen to dremer

check your six
    I think his evil plan has something to do with the avatar. Don't stare at the avatar.. I think he is trying to hypnotize us into getting the map to the MTBR pot-o-gold.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012

RE: Neg rep

How do you see your neg rep, or any rep actually?
    Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Board Express

Quote Originally Posted by mbco1975 View Post
    see that little black star at the bottom of my details, press it, wait a second, when the box comes up on your screen, leave the part where it says you approve of my thread, and type in 'thanks for helping me tones, couldnt have done it with out you' then send it to me, i'll tell you if it works, cheers

Quote Originally Posted by erik1245 View Post
    OP, who are you, and what do you want from us?
    Bwahahaha, im beginning to think the same thing, well said.

TRAILDOC is that you ?

Binned
    Nov 2008
    Click on "settings" and scroll down to see latest reputation comments

Binned
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    see that little black star at the bottom of my details, press it, wait a second, when the box comes up on your screen, leave the part where it says you approve of my thread, and type in 'thanks for helping me tones, couldnt have done it with out you' then send it to me, i'll tell you if it works, cheers
    Nice try mate!

Give Tone's some negative rep for trying to be sneaky with you by trying to trick you into giving him some positive rep...

Quote Originally Posted by ambassadorhawg View Post
    Nice try mate!

Give Tone's some negative rep for trying to be sneaky with you by trying to trick you into giving him some positive rep...
    Mwahahahaha Hawg, id never be sneaky, im going out of my way to help the gentleman, thats the kinda guy i am, MBCO1975, this guy Hawg here is the sort of guy you wanto neg rep on a regular basis, just trust me on this one, Hawgs not to be trusted, he would steal lollies off a baby, actually he does steal lollies off babies

gone walk about
    Mwahahahaha Hawg, id never be sneaky, im going out of my way to help the gentleman, thats the kinda guy i am, MBCO1975, this guy Hawg here is the sort of guy you wanto neg rep on a regular basis, just trust me on this one, Hawgs not to be trusted, he would steal lollies off a baby, actually he does steal lollies off babies
    apparently you've seen the mirror.
    "ORANGE IS THE NEW BLACK"

Still waiting on my pos rep mbco1975, if it is not forthcoming in 24 hours im going to neg rep you with the 3rd highest rep on mtbr of 142 points, WELCOME TO THE OC.......

Probably drunk right now
    Still waiting on my pos rep mbco1975, if it is not forthcoming in 24 hours im going to neg rep you with the 3rd highest rep on mtbr of 142 points, WELCOME TO THE OC.......
    hummmmm...... I challenge this. I feel that I have the 3rd highest rep on mtbr with a score of something above 142 points.
    JPark - 3.5- don't listen to dremer

Quote Originally Posted by Ken in KC View Post
    hummmmm...... I challenge this. I feel that I have the 3rd highest rep on mtbr with a score of something above 142 points.
    KEN P-U-L-E-A-S-E, we both know this is not true...........but i can sell you some..

Binned
    Nov 2008
    I have my doubts your rep power is still 142... prolly down to 42 now after all the neg reps...

mtbr member

Neg rep

No rep whoring here at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Its all Shits and Giggles until somebody Giggles and Shits

Ninja Master Powers
    Do we even have rep power anymore…

~Disc~Golf~
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty $anchez View Post
    tl/dr
    tl/dr
    Honestly... ahh I give up

Binned
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by DWill View Post
    Do we even have rep power anymore…
    Yes, and you can give yourself whatever rep power you think you are worth.

****** to the dirt
    Quote Originally Posted by ambassadorhawg View Post
    Yes, and you can give yourself whatever rep power you think you are worth.
    wait we can do that
    My Blog

Axe
    Custom User Title
    Quote Originally Posted by deke505 View Post
    wait we can do that
    Name:  PenisGoesWhere.jpg
Views: 378
Size:  34.3 KB

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    You almost had me there, but then I realised you were an Aussie

^^^ lol, im still waiting on my rep mbco you only have a few hours left to comply or the big aussie rep bomb is comin your way

Registered text offender
    Dec 2011
    ...the big aussie rep bomb is comin your way
    Your new sig.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Just figured out how to see my rep thanks to Hawg. Cheers.

It's interesting to see people's feedback. It seems like you get a lot of +ve reps for taking the piss out of Aussie's, or is it just taking the piss out of Tone?

Binned
    Nov 2008

It's interesting to see people's feedback. It seems like you get a lot of +ve reps for taking the piss out of Aussie's, or is it just taking the piss out of Tone?
    Yes, and yes

LOL, My B52 bomber is hovering over your rep button with a massive bomb full of neg, some members here have felt the full brunt of this before and not been very happy at all, ive also informed all the other aussie 'heavy hitting' posse here to watch you very carefully mbco

Bro
    Content from my avatar
    LOL, My B52 bomber is hovering over your rep button with a massive bomb full of neg, some members here have felt the full brunt of this before and not been very happy at all, ive also informed all the other aussie 'heavy hitting' posse here to watch you very carefully mbco
    You still owe me that negative rep too. Quit wh0ring out all your red.

I Ride Bikes
    Tone's neg rep enis is HUGE!!
    I like to hug trees at FULL SPEED!
    INSTAGRAM -> hawaii808MTB
    FACEBOOK -> Big Island Mountain Biking

Quote Originally Posted by erik1245 View Post
    You still owe me that negative rep too. Quit wh0ring out all your red.
    lol, its on its way dont worry about that, by the time it gets to you it will have a few more points on it too

banned
    Sep 2010
    Speaking about negs, how lame is someone that they have to go into a thread that is a year old to neg rep someone?

banned
    What the hell happened to my rep? I come back here and its gone. WTF?

Axe
    Custom User Title
    Managed to hit twelve people in this thread over three days. It still works.

mtbr member
    Mike
    2011 Moto Fly Pro

Quote Originally Posted by floydlippencott View Post
    Speaking about negs, how lame is someone that they have to go into a thread that is a year old to neg rep someone?
    care to expand on that floyd

AZ
    banned
    care to expand on that floyd

Conspiracy is what got us all banned.

banned
    Jun 2007
    Hey Admin, this one's for you...

Neg rep-neg_bus.jpg

Life, and riding a bike is all about balance.

(-) Conspiring against, naming, or targeting an antagonistic doochnozzle is a bannable offense.
    While (+) ID'ing one for humor, intel, great pix, mad skillz, or wit is highly encouraged.
    IMO - This is wrong, and imbalanced, as it eliminates the teaching powers of failure.

Failure is a shortcut to learning.
    The greater the fail, the stronger the lesson.
    Unless told, few quickly learn from their mistakes.

Not everyone's a winner, will become a pro athlete, or president.
    Humans all make mistakes. The difference between winners & losers is how, and IF they recover.
    Best to look both ways... some retain hope you can get up, dust off, and learn.

AZ
    banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyin_W View Post
    Hey Admin, this one's for you...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	neg_bus.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	14.6 KB 
ID:	784970

Life, and riding a bike is all about balance.

(-) Conspiring against, naming, or targeting an antagonistic doochnozzle is a bannable offense.
    While (+) ID'ing one for humor, intel, great pix, mad skillz, or wit is highly encouraged.
    IMO - This is wrong, and imbalanced, as it eliminates the teaching powers of failure.

Failure is a shortcut to learning.
    The greater the fail, the stronger the lesson.
    Unless told, few quickly learn from their mistakes.

Not everyone's a winner, will become a pro athlete, or president.
    Humans all make mistakes. The difference between winners & losers is how, and IF they recover.
    Best to look both ways... some retain hope you can get up, dust off, and learn.

But look at what compliant little Drones we have become in the meantime.

mtbr member

There seems to be quite an interesting assortment of rep .gifs.
    Mike
    2011 Moto Fly Pro

mtbr member
    May 2011
    It always amazed me that pos rep was allowed to be non-anonymous. Making all pos reps mandatory anonymous (unless you point it out in a thread or pm) makes it a lot harder for people to just pat each other on the back for a job that may or may have not been well done.

Prior to names being attached to rep, I always saw people mention how cowardly it is to not sign neg rep. To me the striking thing is how it is not seen as pandering to sign your name on a pos rep. It's sort of like how it is seen by many as being less altruistic if you point out to someone that they have benefited at no cost from your good deed.

gobsmacked Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty $anchez View Post
    But look at what compliant little Drones we have become in the meantime.
    You are not the docile group you think you are. Anyhow....onward ho!

How many reps do you need to give out before you stop getting the you must spread it around box?

Binned
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by PretendGentleman View Post
    It always amazed me that pos rep was allowed to be non-anonymous. Making all pos reps mandatory anonymous (unless you point it out in a thread or pm) makes it a lot harder for people to just pat each other on the back for a job that may or may have not been well done.

Prior to names being attached to rep, I always saw people mention how cowardly it is to not sign neg rep. To me the striking thing is how it is not seen as pandering to sign your name on a pos rep. It's sort of like how it is seen by many as being less altruistic if you point out to someone that they have benefited at no cost from your good deed.
    You are taking this far too seriously. This is Off Camber!!! No rules, and anything goes including pandering, happily! Most of us here hate the stupid rep system and have pretty much pledged to abuse in any and all ways we can, such as by pandering. The way I see it, this new "adjustment" to the rep system takes it one step closer to be eliminated all together...the way it should be.

Carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    You are taking this far too seriously. This is Off Camber!!! No rules, and anything goes including pandering, happily! Most of us here hate the stupid rep system and have pretty much pledged to abuse in any and all ways we can, such as by pandering. The way I see it, this new "adjustment" to the rep system takes it one step closer to be eliminated all together...the way it should be.

Carry on.
    What are you some kind of repuge.

gone walk about
    you waaaay late to the party son

****** to the dirt
    OI this thread was so last year.
    My Blog

check your six
    Quote Originally Posted by nvphatty View Post
    you waaaay late to the party son

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by deke505 View Post
    OI this thread was so last year.
    Like, totally.

Binned
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by sasquatch rides a SS View Post
    Like, totally.
    fer shure

I Ride Bikes
    fo' sho'
    I like to hug trees at FULL SPEED!
    INSTAGRAM -> hawaii808MTB
    FACEBOOK -> Big Island Mountain Biking

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    ya man

****** to the dirt
    yo dude
    My Blog

AZ
    banned
    jo mama

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ View Post
    jo mama
    Y'alls just cra-cra.
    Stick around if you're housebroken...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ View Post
    jo mama

Where's angie?.... Angie Daddy !

BOOM !
    Hey Miraculous... Go Raiders ! .
    -Dad

****** to the dirt
    pass it to the left bro
    My Blog

Rabid Lana fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishbucket View Post
    Where's angie?.... Angie Daddy !

BOOM !
    Here's Angie

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/RcZn2-bGXqQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt I here
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt II here

What are you some kind of Repuge.
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gJ-bhM-...%3DgJ-bhM-xuec

Rabid Lana fan
    Damn (the Torpedos) DJ, that just brought back a ton of memories.
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt I here
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt II here

Binned
    Nov 2008
    Don't Bogart that neg rep! Pass it over there...

Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    Don't Bogart that neg rep! Pass it over there...
    Here ya go I even made it green for the positive rep. Chicklets.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

banned
    Jan 2014
    [QUOTE=DIRTJUNKIE;10970055]Here ya go I even made it green for the positive rep. Chicklets.[/QUOTE

Look at those quads. Must be a roadie.

Bro
    Content from my avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumbi4Prez View Post
    Look at those quads. Must be a roadie.
    But he's got a joint. Must be a mountain biker.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyin_W View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	neg_bus.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	14.6 KB 
ID:	784970
    Found this gif on a friend's Facebook...I knew I recognized it from somewhere!

banned
    Jun 2007
    ^ marpilli gold

(tapa)

Members who have read this thread: 0