Page 4 of 57 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 54 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Saw Life of Pi in 3D yesterday. Ang Lee did a nice job with it. I thought he captured the essence of the book, that's not easy to do.
    I'm enjoying my childhood way too much to ever give it up.

rod skinner
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by skullcap View Post
    Saw Life of Pi in 3D yesterday. Ang Lee did a nice job with it. I thought he captured the essence of the book, that's not easy to do.

I totally agree. I was a bit skeptical before I saw it yesterday. The movie actually bridged some things that I missed in the book.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Lincoln.

My wife and I had free movie tickets so we went. There must've been a class assignment because the place was FILLED with highschool kids. Loud, obnoxious highschool kids. Which up'd my annoyance level to 8.

Then, some girl spent the entire time texting to my right, so I was bothered by the screen lighting up. Annoyance level 9.

THEN, two Asian women came stomping in 1:20 into the movie, and one started coughing up her SARS next to us. Annoyance level 10.

When Lincoln died (spoiler alert), some lady in the bottom rows started crying hysterically. WTF?

I am a huge film nerd, but I hate going to movie theaters. God forbid you go to a popular movie, like Batman... then you have ghetto-ass people talking, texting, making noise. etc. I really appreciate the ghetto parents who bring their babies and toddlers to 11:00pm horror movies, and then they cry throughout the entire thing.

I told my wife, unless we go during senior citizen time (10:00am Sunday morning), we are NOT going to a theater showing. Ever.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by norton55 View Post
    I totally agree. I was a bit skeptical before I saw it yesterday. The movie actually bridged some things that I missed in the book.
    Best part for me, I read the book so long ago that I knew the outline but had forgotten some of the details. Some of the scenes brought back some good feelings about the book/story. I might have to read it again. Not many times does a movie do that for me. Most of the times I walk out of a movie where I've read the book beforehand thinking WTF? Why did they do that to this great story?

I though Suraj Sharma, young Pi, and Irrfan Khan, adult Pi, did great performances but Richard Parker was my favorite. Could you imagine having Richard Parker looking at you like you are a warm meal?

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Dion View Post
    Lincoln.

My wife and I had free movie tickets so we went. There must've been a class assignment because the place was FILLED with highschool kids. Loud, obnoxious highschool kids. Which up'd my annoyance level to 8.

Then, some girl spent the entire time texting to my right, so I was bothered by the screen lighting up. Annoyance level 9.

THEN, two Asian women came stomping in 1:20 into the movie, and one started coughing up her SARS next to us. Annoyance level 10.

When Lincoln died (spoiler alert), some lady in the bottom rows started crying hysterically. WTF?

I am a huge film nerd, but I hate going to movie theaters. God forbid you go to a popular movie, like Batman... then you have ghetto-ass people talking, texting, making noise. etc. I really appreciate the ghetto parents who bring their babies and toddlers to 11:00pm horror movies, and then they cry throughout the entire thing.

I told my wife, unless we go during senior citizen time (10:00am Sunday morning), we are NOT going to a theater showing. Ever.
    That sucks. I usually to to early showings just for those reasons, and I'm cheap. It's too bad because I've heard Lincoln is a great movie.

mtbr member
    Watched the newest Spiderman, not sure if I like how they spun it (no pun intended). Definitely like it more than previous versions.

Give it a crank
    Lawless on Bluray, that's one more on my damn good movies list.

mtbr member
    Lincoln.......outstanding from all angles. If your a history buff this will stir the soul even deeper.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by nvphatty View Post
    Lincoln.......outstanding from all angles. If your a history buff this will stir the soul even deeper.
    THIS!

My wife said it was boring (she even fell asleep twice), but I friggin' love history, talking history, teaching history, etc. And, since I work for a Fraternal Benefit Society, founded in 1882, as well as being a member of E Clampus Vitus, history is totally my thing.

If you love history, I think this movie is a fantastic depiction.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    wreck it ralph, it was surprisingly good

RTM
    #1 Latex Salesman
    Quote Originally Posted by armyclimber View Post
    wreck it ralph, it was surprisingly good
    Would it be appropriate for a 5 year old?

- Rob
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of a low price is forgotten." - Benjamin Franklin

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn-Rider View Post
    Lawless on Bluray, that's one more on my damn good movies list.
    Yep, just watched it. Better then I thought it would be. Some of the finest gore scenes I have watched in awhile. Nice

Live 2 Ride
    Jingle All The Way and Lethal Weapon
    My Bike: '96 Gary Fisher Aquila
    My Blog: http://http://kona0197.wordpress.com/

locked - time out
    Expendables 2... Not too bad, it was entertaining but no where near as good as the first..

Live 2 Ride
    Star Trek The Motion Picture

EDR
    The Other Guys with Will Ferrell

"One day I'll get you over that wall of anger, and it will be glorious! "

mtbr member
    How to Train your Dragon..not the last movie I saw but it was on the tv the other day, and I was shocked at how much I liked it. (I'm usually not into animated movies)

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    War Horse, not bad, but not great. Most likely
    made for a younger group than me.

govt kontrakt projkt mgr
    Skyfall. It reminded me of bits of Starwars, Indiana Jones and others, especially the end game at thehouse. I still like the glitzier Bond movies I guess.

Gnarly
    The Hobbit
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

High Desert MTBer
    What did you think of the Hobbit Cyclelicious? I have heard mixed reports, and especially about shooting it in the higher frame rate.
    It's all Here. Now.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Lawless. Saw it last week. **** was RAW!
    There's something about those long grueling climbs that gets my front end all stiff... And I'm not talking about lockout...

humber river advocate
    Quote Originally Posted by rockerc View Post
    What did you think of the Hobbit Cyclelicious? I have heard mixed reports, and especially about shooting it in the higher frame rate.
    it was good, visually it was crazy. the detail was amazing
    Support TORBA
    Sunnyside Bike Park Working Group
    Albion Hills Conservation Area Master Plan Public Advisory Committee

Live 2 Ride
    I really want to see the Hobbit. I have to wait.

Last movie I watched here at home was Transformers Dark Of The Moon.

duh
    skyfall

I like the new bond

Page 4 of 57 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 54 ... LastLast