Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Registered text offender
    Dec 2011

MTBR is such a great, supportive resource.

When I first arrived it had been over ten years since I had ridden and I was a fair bit behind the technological times. I harvested so much great information from searching and asking here and it saved me cash and time and got me out there on the trails at a time I really needed a healthy outlet.

Well I hit another rough patch lately, nothing I can’t handle but enough to keep me to busy to participate on the forums or keep a consistent ride schedule and lo and behold I receive a rep From Tone’s asking where I’ve been expressing hope that all was well with me.

The Holiday season with all the stresses entailed therein are upon us and here a member reaches out with impeccable timing in a manner that really lifted my spirits. It’s funny how a small gesture can really go very far to lift someone up and I felt compelled to express my humble gratitude to Tone’s and the entire MTBR community for everything. This serves as a reminder to me how my attitude and actions may often times have a greater effect then I may be aware of at any given moment and I hope it will for others as well.

It may be a little early, but I want to wish each and every one of you a merry Christmas.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MTBR is such a great, supportive resource.-santaschwinn.jpg  

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Yeah Tone's a good guy. Happy holidays dude. Get out and ride whenever you can. The rest will sort itself out.

Registered text offender
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by aikane View Post
    Yeah Tone's a good guy. Happy holidays dude. Get out and ride whenever you can. The rest will sort itself out.
    Thank you, I find humor is a powerful cure all for a heavy heart and I am laughing a lot lately. I’m good

I have a line on a killer little single speed hardtail and if I am able to secure the sale I will have something for nocturnal urban assaults. I figure it will be easier to get more ride time in if I can just jet out my front door and go make my own trails, plenty of challenges on the street for an old bmx’er to tackle.

And I can’t agree with you more about Tone’s, but really everyone here has been great.

humber river advocate
    shred on!
    Support TORBA
    Sunnyside Bike Park Working Group
    Albion Hills Conservation Area Master Plan Public Advisory Committee

No Stranger to danger....
    Very kind of you Jon, but dont mention it, its my pleasure mate, Thankyou for your very kind words brother, its guys like you that make this place what it is, without all of you fine people in the OC id only pop in every now n then to the site.
    Keep your chin up Jon, its an old quote, but its true that time heals most wounds, as soon as you regain your energy and self, you will be firing on all cylinders mate, great to have you back in the OC family....
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....

inexperienced at large
    Apr 2011
    I love this site. Even all the bs.

human dehumidifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ehigh View Post
    Even all the bs.
    That's why I like this forum, everybody's so happy it's like a pile of puppies.
    NFL will punish America for its sins with Katy Perry as the Super Bowl halftime show.

FloridaKeys Fishing Guide

Good job!

This site is pretty good with some great members here ready to help others..
    Merry Christmas Jon Richard and everyone else too.
    Current ride(s) 2011 Santa Cruz Blur LT

duh
    I was on and explored other forums before this one and on all the other ones I found there were more trolling and flame wars going on the actually conversations. When I found this one I couldn't believe that this many people and most (I would say 99.9% ) get along with out to many flame wars.

It is like nirvana, oh wait did I use that right or was it just to corny?

oh ya Mery Christmas to you too

re member
    Internet forum nirvana...I guess that's a proper usage.
    Rocktoberfest 2014 edit here
    Rocktoberfest 2014 clips here

AZ
    banned
    Happy Festivus.

bust a move
    Nice post and sentiments OP. There are some very nice folks here!
    Falling down is part of LIFE…Getting back up is LIVING…

Beer Me!
    YEA!!! Cheers and Merry Christmas to all you Chaps!

XXOXOXOXOXOXOOXXXXOXOX Guerdonian
    My Bike: FORM Cycles Titanium Prevail 29er

"Any wheel size is better than sitting at a computer all day." -Myself

usually cranky
    tones is a cool cat

mtbr member
    Definitely a cool bunch.
    Round and round we go

sock skeleton
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by wv_bob View Post
    That's why I like this forum, everybody's so happy it's like a pile of puppies.

Stellar post.

Registered text offender
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Possyhonboork View Post
    Check out the coolgreyjordans com/]Jordan Cool Grey
    I love spammers, it allows me to neg rep unashamedly so I may hit the 100 mark facilitating my ability to start spreading the pos to you fine folks again.

DIE SPAMMER SCUM!

And as always, peace and goodwill to all

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Jon - that was a nice post - I'm new here and don't know a lot about a lot, and who's who, but I have to say your post rings a good bell for me.

Like I said, I'm new here, but so far I am having a good time taking it all in. MTBR seems like a good place to hang out!

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good ride!

Is not amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Richard View Post
    I love spammers, it allows me to neg rep unashamedly so I may hit the 100 mark facilitating my ability to start spreading the pos to you fine folks again.

DIE SPAMMER SCUM!

And as always, peace and goodwill to all
    Good to see you back Jon. This site is great and I'm handling your spam as we speak. My way. Have a happy holidays!

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Agreed, Jon. I consult MTBR for tons of useful info. Prickly personalities and all, its a great resource.

Oh, and I had the BMX bike pictured in that ad. I think mine was 1982 or '83. Blue with the yellow mags. It wuz purdy!

Dissolved member
    Quote Originally Posted by wv_bob View Post
    That's why I like this forum, everybody's so happy it's like a pile of huckin kitties.
    Fixed it for ya!

Merry Christmas Jon, you're giving me a sweet opportunity to flex my centurion muscles.

FloridaKeys Fishing Guide
    I have been reporting the spam scum for the last 3 days in a row. It seems to happen in all the cool threads for some reason...
    When you do report them, please thank the mods too as they must e getting tired of this cr^p too..
    Current ride(s) 2011 Santa Cruz Blur LT

Registered text offender
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by wahday View Post
    Agreed, Jon. I consult MTBR for tons of useful info. Prickly personalities and all, its a great resource.

Oh, and I had the BMX bike pictured in that ad. I think mine was 1982 or '83. Blue with the yellow mags. It wuz purdy!
    I had a '79 Mag Scrambler, metallic cherry red with black mags and my brother had the yellow mags with a sort of goldish brown metal flake colored frame. Those things tipped the scales at close to fifty pounds but man they were awesome.

Those were some good memories. I think someone’s first 20" bike is huge mile marker in ones life. I'm not a daddy so I'm a little jealous of you guys who get to live vicariously through your children.

I’d like to see CHUM post another vid of his son rippin around that little pump track after the holidays if he ends up with a new ride- VRUM VRUM

mtbr member
    [QUOTE=Jon Richard;9909197]When I first arrived it had been over ten years since I had ridden and I was a fair bit behind the technological times. I harvested so much great information from searching and asking here and it saved me cash and time and got me out there on the trails at a time I really needed a healthy outlet.

QUOTE]

That's pretty much how I wandered in as well. Pretty decent group of guys, all in all.

Glad you're back and I hope whatever kept you away resolves in your favor. Merry Christmas to you!
    I'm enjoying my childhood way too much to ever give it up.

DIY all the way
    Quote Originally Posted by b-kul View Post
    tones is a cool cat
    Hey, he called me ugly yesterday!

Magura

Besides that, merry Christmas to you all and your dear ones.....Even to you Tones

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast