Results 1 to 91 of 91
  1. #1
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    29,823

    Movies with overlooked flaws........Oversights!

    Have you ever spotted something in a movie that somehow got overlooked by everybody in the editing process. Some movies are multi award winning films yet for some unbelievable reason something got overlooked. I got thinking of this while watching a highly acclaimed multi award winning film right now. Although I've seen this movie multiple times I've never noticed this flaw and I'm not sure if it's ever been noticed by anyone prior.

    The movie I'm referring to is Ghost.
    The scene is in the pottery wheel clay pot scene.
    Molly is working the wet clay on the pottery wheel. Sam her boyfriend comes up behind her and entwines his hands with hers. They both work the wet sloppy clay. An erotic scene that all woman
    find so romantic right. Before long they're going at
    it. And yet in this same scene all of a sudden both
    of their hands are completely clean. Quite an
    oversight and surprising for such a highly rated
    movie.

    Anybody else have any oversights they have spotted in a movie or television show.
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)
    ************^^^^¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqpcBpSsj1A

  2. #2
    Ride More, Work Less
    Reputation: heyyall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,775
    Someone on MTBR introduced me to CinemaSins. I'm paying it forward. There are hours of goodness in its youtube channel.

    CinemaSins - YouTube

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Fishbucket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2,259
    It's hard for me to watch movies sometimes.. I'm always looking in the backgrounds for something out of place or like you say, oversights.
    Cant think of any offhand right now though,

  4. #4
    Afric Pepperbird
    Reputation: dirt farmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    4,745
    Check out IMDb - Movies, TV and Celebrities for any movie, and it will list known flubs.

    For example, I randomly searched "The Godfather", and here are the results.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: sfgiantsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,522

    Movies with overlooked flaws........Oversights!

    Why in the hell are you watching ghost?
    I'm sick of all the Irish stereotypes, as soon as I finish this beer I"m punching someone

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: thickfog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,272

    Re: Movies with overlooked flaws........Oversights!

    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiantsfan View Post
    Why in the hell are you watching ghost?
    Was wondering that too....
    CRAMBA Chairman

  7. #7
    AZ
    AZ is offline
    banned
    Reputation: AZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    19,201
    X3.

  8. #8
    Terrain Sculptor
    Reputation: Trail Ninja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4,686
    'cause Whoppi's hawt!
    Quote Originally Posted by Trail Ninja's Son
    You may be happy to hear that my dad has kicked cancer's ass. Now he's looking for whoever sent it.

  9. #9
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    29,823
    blip
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)
    ************^^^^¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqpcBpSsj1A

  10. #10
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    29,823
    Quote Originally Posted by dirt farmer View Post
    Check out IMDb - Movies, TV and Celebrities for any movie, and it will list known flubs.

    For example, I randomly searched "The Godfather", and here are the results.
    Alright so I looked it up via your link and it's part of the screw ups'.
    Ghost (1990) - Goofs - IMDb

    Why am I watching Ghost?
    Cracks me up how some of you have to put on a macho persona. It was on and I watched 10 minutes of it big focking deal.

    Now excuse me I've gotta go take a bubble bath.
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)
    ************^^^^¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqpcBpSsj1A

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,420
    Hey easy on DJ. You know that when you watch a movie like that with a girl
    you will for sure get some when its over.

  12. #12
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    29,823
    Years ago I was watching an old western it may have been an old Eastwood or John Wayne movie. And I spotted a jet trail from a jet airliner in the sky. Pretty funny!
    Kinda ruined the movie for me though.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by DIRTJUNKIE; 11-30-2013 at 01:24 PM.
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)
    ************^^^^¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqpcBpSsj1A

  13. #13
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,502
    My favorite was in brave heart. The very first huge battle scene when the armies are charging towards each other you can see the rubber axes and swords wobbling with every stride.

    I also love it when you notice a "corpse" breathing.

  14. #14
    I didn't do it
    Reputation: Mookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    9,383
    The original Halloween has two flubs in one scene. It's when Jamie Lee Curtis is walking down the street with her buddy and they pass a hedgerow. In the background there's a crew member who pops up on a porch. And then after that a puff of cig smoke from just off camera passes by.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted
    Remember, commas save lives

  15. #15
    High Desert MTBer
    Reputation: rockerc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,130
    That Piranha 3D movie had a really big flaw... it didn't finish soon enough...
    It's all Here. Now.

  16. #16
    ...but I'm a Silly Hunter
    Reputation: Haint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,225
    Uhm... Airplane??? Had to have been the Movie DJ thought about to create this thread... lol.

    There's the guy running A/V Cables in the airport while 'Striker' and Elaine are meeting in the airport.
    Striker hiding in a couched position while his body-double does a flyaway in the Disco scene.

    The 'Prop' sound each time the Jet Airplane is in a full screen profile shot... gotta be the greatest one of the entire film.
    I like Sand - I don't like Witches


  17. #17
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    29,823
    Quote Originally Posted by Haint View Post
    Uhm... Airplane??? Had to have been the Movie DJ thought about to create this thread... lol.

    There's the guy running A/V Cables in the airport while 'Striker' and Elaine are meeting in the airport.
    Striker hiding in a couched position while his body-double does a flyaway in the Disco scene.

    The 'Prop' sound each time the Jet Airplane is in a full screen profile shot... gotta be the greatest one of the entire film.
    I bet though in that movie all those flaws were on purpose.
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)
    ************^^^^¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqpcBpSsj1A

  18. #18
    ...but I'm a Silly Hunter
    Reputation: Haint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,225
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    I bet though in that movie all those flaws were on purpose.
    Could be - part of the expansive humor. But regardless, they are there!
    I like Sand - I don't like Witches


  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation: THE ARS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    206
    Vanishing point.

    Challenger:



    Camaro:




  20. #20
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    29,823
    Quote Originally Posted by THE ARS View Post
    Vanishing point.

    Challenger:

    Oh yeah I forgot about that one. I being a car guy I caught those flubs on the first showing. It helped that I used to have a 71' CUDA and you tend to obsess over movies like that.
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)
    ************^^^^¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqpcBpSsj1A

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    3,657
    I watched a movie about some people eating each other in the old west times, and when they did they got stronger, like a lot stronger, like going from a triple to using a SS up a 20% grade type strength. Think the movie was called "Ravenous" In one scene it was obvious that what was supposed to be snow on the ground was actually wadded up white blankets. Ruined the whole movie for me.

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Fishbucket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2,259
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    I used to have a 71' CUDA .
    When I worked at the Body shot in Highschool... My boss told me about a 71 Cuda a guy was selling in his neighborhood.. We went and checked it out, It didn't run. I passed on it even with the boss telling me He'd help get it running..
    I bought that stupid Capri instead...
    How's that for an oversight ???

    I'd a prolly wrecked it like the Capri anyway....

  23. #23
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    29,823
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishbucket View Post
    When I worked at the Body shot in Highschool... My boss told me about a 71 Cuda a guy was selling in his neighborhood.. We went and checked it out, It didn't run. I passed on it even with the boss telling me He'd help get it running..
    I bought that stupid Capri instead...

    How's that for an oversight ???

    I'd a prolly wrecked it like the Capri anyway....
    Yeah that's a hell of an oversight, but if you act like it never happened it won't hurt so bad.
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)
    ************^^^^¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqpcBpSsj1A

  24. #24
    9 lives
    Reputation: cyclelicious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    11,971
    I notice plot holes, factual mistakes (especially medical errors), continuity errors, little details (like "dead people breathing", Roman soldiers wearing wrist watches etc). Noticing these things doesn't necessarily ruin the movie for me, in fact I'm kind of pleased with myself for observing

    Next movie I watch I'll post my findings
    F*ck Cancer

    Eat your veggies

  25. #25
    heaven help me
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,883
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclelicious View Post
    I notice plot holes, factual mistakes (especially medical errors), continuity errors, little details (like "dead people breathing", Roman soldiers wearing wrist watches etc). Noticing these things doesn't necessarily ruin the movie for me, in fact I'm kind of pleased with myself for observing

    Next movie I watch I'll post my findings
    Were they sundials?

  26. #26
    ...but I'm a Silly Hunter
    Reputation: Haint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,225
    Young Frankenstein - c1974 has a handful.

    When Frankenstein first opens the door to the monster-making room, the rusted handle breaks into two pieces, but when he throws them down, only one piece can be heard hitting the floor.

    As the townspeople gather to storm the castle, the clock in the town square shows 10:30. When the Inspector steps out of the building to address them, the clock over his shoulder shows 10:00 PM.

    In the dart throwing scene the first dart lands in a "7" space and the rest near the bullseye. After a cut-away, the dart in the "7" spot is missing.

    During Dr. Frankenstein's lecture, the drawing of the brainstem changes by the end of the scene. (Hollywood Doctors...)
    I like Sand - I don't like Witches


  27. #27
    I didn't do it
    Reputation: Mookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    9,383
    ^^That is such a freakin' hilarious movie!
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted
    Remember, commas save lives

  28. #28
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    29,823
    Quote Originally Posted by Haint View Post
    Young Frankenstein - c1974 has a handful.

    When Frankenstein first opens the door to the monster-making room, the rusted handle breaks into two pieces, but when he throws them down, only one piece can be heard hitting the floor.

    As the townspeople gather to storm the castle, the clock in the town square shows 10:30. When the Inspector steps out of the building to address them, the clock over his shoulder shows 10:00 PM.

    In the dart throwing scene the first dart lands in a "7" space and the rest near the bullseye. After a cut-away, the dart in the "7" spot is missing.

    During Dr. Frankenstein's lecture, the drawing of the brainstem changes by the end of the scene. (Hollywood Doctors...)
    That is a hilarious Mel Brooks movie and I would bet those were all purposely put in there. That's the type of stuff he does in all his movies just to add to the humor.
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)
    ************^^^^¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqpcBpSsj1A

  29. #29
    I didn't do it
    Reputation: Mookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    9,383
    What knockers.
    Thank you, doctor.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted
    Remember, commas save lives

  30. #30
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    29,823
    Quote Originally Posted by nwbikur View Post
    What knockers.
    Thank you, doctor.
    For those unfamiliar with that hilarious scene from that hilarious movie here it is. Come to think of it every scene in that movie is hilarious.

    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XTw1lzx...%3DXTw1lzxTAis
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)
    ************^^^^¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqpcBpSsj1A

  31. #31
    9 lives
    Reputation: cyclelicious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    11,971
    Quote Originally Posted by norton55 View Post
    Were they sundials?
    Ha!

    Fred Flintstone wears a sundial ... probably an original Fossil watch

    Movies with overlooked flaws........Oversights!-flintstonesw-17.jpg
    F*ck Cancer

    Eat your veggies

  32. #32
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    29,823
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclelicious View Post
    Ha!

    Fred Flintstone wears a sundial ... probably an original Fossil watch
    "an original Fossil watch"
    A+ on that comment.

  33. #33
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    376
    not a movie but tv show homeland. when brodie comes home he's wearing sgt e5 chevrons. then GySgt e7 chevrons. ok he was promoted due to his time in captivity. but then he's back in sgt stripes, then gunny, back to sgt. for the quality of the show this bummed me out.
    old marine

  34. #34
    mtbr member
    Reputation: kubikeman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    779
    All the natural disaster movies usually get my eyes rolling. I have a degree in Geography with a focus on environmental science. A recent movie I can remember is Sharknado where a hurricane hits California, which is impossible due to the cold waters. A hurricane needs 80+ degree surface water to form.

    Or The Day After Tomorrow. They got all the mechanics right, but they sped up what should take 5,000 years or more into 3 days. Not to mention, even if all the ice on the planet melted, it wouldn't raise sea levels to the result shown in the movie.

    That isn't to say I don't watch and enjoy these movies. I just have to laugh at the environmental crap they make up.
    The cake is a lie.

  35. #35
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    29,823
    Quote Originally Posted by kubikeman View Post
    All the natural disaster movies usually get my eyes rolling. I have a degree in Geography with a focus on environmental science. A recent movie I can remember is Sharknado where a hurricane hits California, which is impossible due to the cold waters. A hurricane needs 80+ degree surface water to form.

    Or The Day After Tomorrow. They got all the mechanics right, but they sped up what should take 5,000 years or more into 3 days. Not to mention, even if all the ice on the planet melted, it wouldn't raise sea levels to the result shown in the movie.

    That isn't to say I don't watch and enjoy these movies. I just have to laugh at the environmental crap they make up.
    No way all those movies are 100% scientifically proven and undeniably correct in every way.
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)
    ************^^^^¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqpcBpSsj1A

  36. #36
    Killer b.
    Reputation: The Understater's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,504
    CSI, CSI Miami, CSI New York...... I know they are TV, but just about everything they do and say is inaccurate. But mostly the way they examine everything under dark mood blue lighting just pisses me right off.

    Also, the movie Entrapment: Sean Connery and that annoying woman who's name currently escapes me break into some fancy castle or something by timing their explosive charges to the striking of an antique french mantle clock. Nothing about that scene was remotely plausible.
    Posting on the basis that ignorance shared is ignorance doubled.

  37. #37
    I didn't do it
    Reputation: Mookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    9,383
    Quote Originally Posted by kubikeman View Post
    All the natural disaster movies usually get my eyes rolling. I have a degree in Geography with a focus on environmental science. A recent movie I can remember is Sharknado where a hurricane hits California, which is impossible due to the cold waters. A hurricane needs 80+ degree surface water to form.

    That isn't to say I don't watch and enjoy these movies. I just have to laugh at the environmental crap they make up.
    Ya, the wrong ocean currents is the biggest factual fallacy in Sharknado? LOL.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted
    Remember, commas save lives

  38. #38
    Rep Power: Pick a number
    Reputation: Xcisok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    360
    Here is a link for all the James bond movies bloopers

    Biggest Bond movie mistakes

  39. #39
    Sergeant Spandex
    Reputation: lewisfoto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    665

    The king of spin

    Well, since this is a cycling forum, a thematic award has to go to Breaking Away for the "drafting the truck" scene. In that scene Dave, our hero, is doing up to 55 mph behind this truck and when the camera cuts away to his cranks, which it does several times, he is in the small ring. Talk about monster spin!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  40. #40
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    29,823
    Quote Originally Posted by lewisfoto View Post
    Well, since this is a cycling forum, a thematic award has to go to Breaking Away for the "drafting the truck" scene. In that scene Dave, our hero, is doing up to 55 mph behind this truck and when the camera cuts away to his cranks, which it does several times, he is in the small ring. Talk about monster spin!
    Good eye!
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)
    ************^^^^¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqpcBpSsj1A

  41. #41
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    29,823
    There is countless oversights in this one.
    Off Camber (off topic)
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)
    ************^^^^¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqpcBpSsj1A

  42. #42
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Kronk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    805
    Well, since this is a cycling forum, a thematic award has to go to Breaking Away for the "drafting the truck" scene. In that scene Dave, our hero, is doing up to 55 mph behind this truck and when the camera cuts away to his cranks, which it does several times, he is in the small ring. Talk about monster spin!
    We don't have too many big hills here in Indiana, so being hard core maybe he was running a 53/72 front chain ring set.

  43. #43
    Sergeant Spandex
    Reputation: lewisfoto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    665
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronk View Post
    We don't have too many big hills here in Indiana, so being hard core maybe he was running a 53/72 front chain ring set.
    Exactly!

  44. #44
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    120
    If you don't shift up to the 72-tooth ring when drafting a truck at 55mph, exactly when is this ring used?

  45. #45
    Log off and go ride!
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    1,420
    Just about every science fiction movie has laughable flaws.

    So does every televised obama press conference.
    So many trails... so little time...

  46. #46
    Log off and go ride!
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    1,420
    Quote Originally Posted by kubikeman View Post
    All the natural disaster movies usually get my eyes rolling. I have a degree in Geography with a focus on environmental science. A recent movie I can remember is Sharknado where a hurricane hits California, which is impossible due to the cold waters. A hurricane needs 80+ degree surface water to form.

    Or The Day After Tomorrow. They got all the mechanics right, but they sped up what should take 5,000 years or more into 3 days. Not to mention, even if all the ice on the planet melted, it wouldn't raise sea levels to the result shown in the movie.

    That isn't to say I don't watch and enjoy these movies. I just have to laugh at the environmental crap they make up.
    The TV series "Murder She Wrote" had in almost every episode a beautiful ocean sunset. Not bad for the Maine coast where the story was set. Of course, it was filmed in California where ocean sunsets do occur, not sunrises...


    OTOH My father and I were watching a very bad "B" war movie where some of the battle scenes were actual combat footage. He started laughing when he said it was HIS SHIP in the pieced together battle scenes (he served on a destroyer in WWII), then he claimed he was in one of the shots. I missed it so I had to take his word for it.
    So many trails... so little time...

  47. #47
    Terrain Sculptor
    Reputation: Trail Ninja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4,686
    I wish I knew what movie it was.
    It was filmed in Toronto about 1987 or 1988. A couple was walking down Yonge St. at night and the same cab went past them 3 times as they walked along. I was driving the cab. They paid me $50 to keep driving around the block until they told me to stop. It was about 4:00am and there weren't many cars out. I never asked what the movie was called and I've never seen it.
    dave54's story reminded me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trail Ninja's Son
    You may be happy to hear that my dad has kicked cancer's ass. Now he's looking for whoever sent it.

  48. #48
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Kronk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    805
    Quote Originally Posted by Undies View Post
    If you don't shift up to the 72-tooth ring when drafting a truck at 55mph, exactly when is this ring used?
    Use it mainly when slicing roast beef for post ride sandwiches.

  49. #49
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    29,823
    Quote Originally Posted by Trail Ninja View Post
    I wish I knew what movie it was.
    It was filmed in Toronto about 1987 or 1988. A couple was walking down Yonge St. at night and the same cab went past them 3 times as they walked along. I was driving the cab. They paid me $50 to keep driving around the block until they told me to stop. It was about 4:00am and there weren't many cars out. I never asked what the movie was called and I've never seen it.
    dave54's story reminded me.
    Did you ever find your passenger.
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)
    ************^^^^¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqpcBpSsj1A

  50. #50
    Terrain Sculptor
    Reputation: Trail Ninja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4,686
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    Did you ever find your passenger.
    I was waiting for a hooker to get off work so I had some time to kill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trail Ninja's Son
    You may be happy to hear that my dad has kicked cancer's ass. Now he's looking for whoever sent it.

  51. #51
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    29,823
    Quote Originally Posted by Trail Ninja View Post
    I was waiting for a hooker to get off work so I had some time to kill.
    You were waiting on some time after work so you had a hooker to kill.
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)
    ************^^^^¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqpcBpSsj1A

  52. #52
    Terrain Sculptor
    Reputation: Trail Ninja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4,686
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    You were waiting on some time after work so you had a hooker to kill.
    No, I don't play GTA. My son had a huge pile of dead hookers when he was about 8 years old.
    The hooker I was waiting for was my girlfriend. (No, I was never a pimp. Scum of the earth, they are.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trail Ninja's Son
    You may be happy to hear that my dad has kicked cancer's ass. Now he's looking for whoever sent it.

  53. #53
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    29,823
    Quote Originally Posted by Trail Ninja View Post
    No, I don't play GTA. My son had a huge pile of dead hookers when he was about 8 years old.
    The hooker I was waiting for was my girlfriend. (No, I was never a pimp. Scum of the earth, they are.)
    GTA ??
    Son had a pile of hookers ?
    GF was a hooker?

    Your losing me here TN.
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)
    ************^^^^¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqpcBpSsj1A

  54. #54
    I didn't do it
    Reputation: Mookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    9,383
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    GTA ??
    Son had a pile of hookers ?
    GF was a hooker?

    Your losing me here TN.
    I think the video game Grand Theft Auto has something to do with all this but I've never played GTA before so I'm pretty lost as well. Can't wait to hear more about this T Ninja!
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted
    Remember, commas save lives

  55. #55
    Terrain Sculptor
    Reputation: Trail Ninja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4,686
    Quote Originally Posted by nwbikur View Post
    I think the video game Grand Theft Auto has something to do with all this but I've never played GTA before so I'm pretty lost as well. Can't wait to hear more about this T Ninja!
    Yeah DJ, I assumed with your killing hookers comment you were referencing GTA. When my son was 8 he played it a lot. You get points for killing people or something & there are lots of hookers in the game. So he was killing them and leaving them in a big pile somewhere. His Mom walked by one time and asked what that was. He said: "A pile of dead hookers".

    Girlfriend was a hooker. Um, I don't know how to explain it any better than that. I don't suppose you need details. I never asked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trail Ninja's Son
    You may be happy to hear that my dad has kicked cancer's ass. Now he's looking for whoever sent it.

  56. #56
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    29,823
    Quote Originally Posted by Trail Ninja View Post
    Yeah DJ, I assumed with your killing hookers comment you were referencing GTA. When my son was 8 he played it a lot. You get points for killing people or something & there are lots of hookers in the game. So he was killing them and leaving them in a big pile somewhere. His Mom walked by one time and asked what that was. He said: "A pile of dead hookers".

    Girlfriend was a hooker. Um, I don't know how to explain it any better than that. I don't suppose you need details. I never asked.

    GTA sound's like a very educational video game,ha,ha,ha.

    Your girlfriend was a hooker...holy crap!
    Thanks I got it now, sorry sometimes thing's just need to be explained.
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)
    ************^^^^¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqpcBpSsj1A

  57. #57
    Terrain Sculptor
    Reputation: Trail Ninja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4,686
    It's surprising how much people/kids can learn from video games. Some of them are very historically and technically accurate. Unfortunately they do tend to desensitize kids to right and wrong and killing and death. When you hear someone say: "I just died and then I shot these two noobs.", you have to wonder if they think they can do that in real life.

    Girlfriend was a hooker.
    We met at a party & went out for a little while. One day she came to me crying: "I have something to tell you & you're going to hate me. I'm a hooker." I said: "Honey, I'm a cab driver. You think I don't know you're a hooker?"
    My opinion on the matter. If someone would pay me for sex I'd be all over that deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trail Ninja's Son
    You may be happy to hear that my dad has kicked cancer's ass. Now he's looking for whoever sent it.

  58. #58
    live long and huck
    Reputation: Optimus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    5,568
    Quote Originally Posted by Trail Ninja View Post
    It's surprising how much people/kids can learn from video games. Some of them are very historically and technically accurate. Unfortunately they do tend to desensitize kids to right and wrong and killing and death. When you hear someone say: "I just died and then I shot these two noobs.", you have to wonder if they think they can do that in real life.

    Girlfriend was a hooker.
    We met at a party & went out for a little while. One day she came to me crying: "I have something to tell you & you're going to hate me. I'm a hooker." I said: "Honey, I'm a cab driver. You think I don't know you're a hooker?"
    My opinion on the matter. If someone would pay me for sex I'd be all over that deal.
    You can mow the neighbor's lawn for free. Or you can charge a fee.
    You can have sex with the neighbor for free. Or you can charge a fee.

    I personally don't see a whole lot of difference.

  59. #59
    Terrain Sculptor
    Reputation: Trail Ninja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4,686
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    You can mow the neighbor's lawn for free. Or you can charge a fee.
    You can have sex with the neighbor for free. Or you can charge a fee.

    I personally don't see a whole lot of difference.
    My neighbor is an 80 old retired sea captain. I think I'll cut his lawn thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trail Ninja's Son
    You may be happy to hear that my dad has kicked cancer's ass. Now he's looking for whoever sent it.

  60. #60
    live long and huck
    Reputation: Optimus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    5,568
    Quote Originally Posted by Trail Ninja View Post
    My neighbor is an 80 old retired sea captain. I think I'll cut his lawn thanks.
    But, if you were an 18 year old little cutie and he had $200 to spare.....

  61. #61
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    29,823
    Oh sorry for a minute there I thought I was in a movie thread. Back to hookers and lawn jobs.
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)
    ************^^^^¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqpcBpSsj1A

  62. #62
    Terrain Sculptor
    Reputation: Trail Ninja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4,686
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    Oh sorry for a minute there I thought I was in a movie thread. Back to hookers and lawn jobs.
    You saw what I did with "Let's see your babies" what did you expect?
    Technically you derailed this thread by commenting on my legit post. Hah!
    Quote Originally Posted by Trail Ninja's Son
    You may be happy to hear that my dad has kicked cancer's ass. Now he's looking for whoever sent it.

  63. #63
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    29,823
    Quote Originally Posted by Trail Ninja View Post
    You saw what I did with "Let's see your babies" what did you expect?
    Technically you derailed this thread by commenting on my legit post. Hah!
    That's the beauty of the O.C. derailment is in the eye of the beholder. Maybe this thread was meant for and destined for hookers and lawn jobs. And movie oversights was just an innocent title to keep the mods from peeking in on our naughty behavior. More hookers and lawn jobs please.
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)
    ************^^^^¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqpcBpSsj1A

  64. #64
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    29,823
    Should I rename this thread to "Of hookers and lawn jobs"
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)
    ************^^^^¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqpcBpSsj1A

  65. #65
    Terrain Sculptor
    Reputation: Trail Ninja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4,686
    How about cab driver stories? I have a million of 'em and I bet we've got other ex cabbies here.
    I bet Travis Bickle has a few.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trail Ninja's Son
    You may be happy to hear that my dad has kicked cancer's ass. Now he's looking for whoever sent it.

  66. #66
    Sergeant Spandex
    Reputation: lewisfoto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    665
    Quote Originally Posted by Trail Ninja View Post
    How about cab driver stories? I have a million of 'em and I bet we've got other ex cabbies here.
    I bet Travis Bickle has a few.
    Not a cab but I was a SuperShuttle driver...Ask me about the day that the police officers were acquitted for beating Rodney King.

  67. #67
    Terrain Sculptor
    Reputation: Trail Ninja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4,686
    Quote Originally Posted by lewisfoto View Post
    Not a cab but I was a SuperShuttle driver...Ask me about the day that the police officers were acquitted for beating Rodney King.
    Nope, just go ahead and spill it. Just incidents, no politics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trail Ninja's Son
    You may be happy to hear that my dad has kicked cancer's ass. Now he's looking for whoever sent it.

  68. #68
    live long and huck
    Reputation: Optimus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    5,568
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    That's the beauty of the O.C. derailment is in the eye of the beholder. Maybe this thread was meant for and destined for hookers and lawn jobs. And movie oversights was just an innocent title to keep the mods from peeking in on our naughty behavior. More hookers and lawn jobs please.
    I can, and will, turn any topic towards hookers. It's a special talent that I have.

  69. #69
    Live 2 Ride
    Reputation: Kona0197's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    5,956
    Any of the Micheal Bey Transformers movies. So many mistakes I don't know where to start. Lord Of The Rings had a few mistakes.
    My Bike: '15 Trek FX 7.2
    My Blog: http://http://kona0197.wordpress.com/

  70. #70
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,420
    Never did a Hookers lawn but did a couple of bushes.

  71. #71
    Sergeant Spandex
    Reputation: lewisfoto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    665

    The day the LA riots came to SF

    Quote Originally Posted by Trail Ninja View Post
    Nope, just go ahead and spill it. Just incidents, no politics.
    I was employed by SuperShuttle in San Francisco during the riots in LA. On the first full day a "sympathy" riot had started in SF and the news quickly spread that a small crowd was breaking windows and tipping cars over near Market and Powell. I had just dropped passengers off at a SOMA hotel when I saw the rioters and it was no longer a small crowd. Crossing Market at Fremont I was pretty sure that I would escape when a mixed race couple flagged me down. They jumped in and immediately hid under the seats. I did what I could to not get boxed in at the bottom of Russian Hill and eventually found my way onto either Pine or California, which was clear of rioters but had some traffic. That did not last long and in a few minutes some guy jumps in front of my van and in a flash I am surrounded. They start rocking the van and pounding on the windows meanwhile the couple under the seats are screaming at me to get the hell out of there. Things did not look good but I got a lucky break when for an instant no one was in front of the van and I floored it. At this point I was not too concerned with red lights and was quickly out of harm's way. Dropped the couple off at some hotel on Van Ness and that was it, over.

    Steven

  72. #72
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    29,823
    Quote Originally Posted by John Kuhl View Post
    Never did a Hookers lawn but did a couple of bushes.
    You'd be hard pressed to find any of the latter these day's.
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)
    ************^^^^¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqpcBpSsj1A

  73. #73
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    29,823
    Quote Originally Posted by lewisfoto View Post
    Not a cab but I was a SuperShuttle driver...Ask me about the day that the police officers were acquitted for beating Rodney King.
    What happened on the day that the police officers were acquitted for beating Rodney King?
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)
    ************^^^^¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqpcBpSsj1A

  74. #74
    A waste of time it is is
    Reputation: emu26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,283
    Quote Originally Posted by lewisfoto View Post
    Not a cab but I was a SuperShuttle driver...Ask me about the day that the police officers were acquitted for beating Rodney King.
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    What happened on the day that the police officers were acquitted for beating Rodney King?
    Umm, this

    Quote Originally Posted by lewisfoto View Post
    I was employed by SuperShuttle in San Francisco during the riots in LA. On the first full day a "sympathy" riot had started in SF and the news quickly spread that a small crowd was breaking windows and tipping cars over near Market and Powell. I had just dropped passengers off at a SOMA hotel when I saw the rioters and it was no longer a small crowd. Crossing Market at Fremont I was pretty sure that I would escape when a mixed race couple flagged me down. They jumped in and immediately hid under the seats. I did what I could to not get boxed in at the bottom of Russian Hill and eventually found my way onto either Pine or California, which was clear of rioters but had some traffic. That did not last long and in a few minutes some guy jumps in front of my van and in a flash I am surrounded. They start rocking the van and pounding on the windows meanwhile the couple under the seats are screaming at me to get the hell out of there. Things did not look good but I got a lucky break when for an instant no one was in front of the van and I floored it. At this point I was not too concerned with red lights and was quickly out of harm's way. Dropped the couple off at some hotel on Van Ness and that was it, over.

    Steven

  75. #75
    I didn't do it
    Reputation: Mookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    9,383
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    What happened on the day that the police officers were acquitted for beating Rodney King?
    See post #71
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted
    Remember, commas save lives

  76. #76
    live long and huck
    Reputation: Optimus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    5,568
    Quote Originally Posted by Mookie View Post
    See post #71
    DJ has been skimming again.
    Low and slack.

  77. #77
    I didn't do it
    Reputation: Mookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    9,383
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    DJ has been skimming again.
    He's been skimming and I've caught him quoting himself in other threads. He must be back on the meds again.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted
    Remember, commas save lives

  78. #78
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    29,823
    Quote Originally Posted by Mookie View Post
    He's been skimming and I've caught him quoting himself in other threads. He must be back on the meds again.
    I've witnessed him acting funny lately as well. Probably a bit stir crazy with his injuries.
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)
    ************^^^^¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqpcBpSsj1A

  79. #79
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    29,823
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    I've witnessed him acting funny lately as well. Probably a bit stir crazy with his injuries.
    I agree 100% with this, I've noticed a similar pattern.
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)
    ************^^^^¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqpcBpSsj1A

  80. #80
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    29,823
    Quote Originally Posted by lewisfoto View Post
    I was employed by SuperShuttle in San Francisco during the riots in LA. On the first full day a "sympathy" riot had started in SF and the news quickly spread that a small crowd was breaking windows and tipping cars over near Market and Powell. I had just dropped passengers off at a SOMA hotel when I saw the rioters and it was no longer a small crowd. Crossing Market at Fremont I was pretty sure that I would escape when a mixed race couple flagged me down. They jumped in and immediately hid under the seats. I did what I could to not get boxed in at the bottom of Russian Hill and eventually found my way onto either Pine or California, which was clear of rioters but had some traffic. That did not last long and in a few minutes some guy jumps in front of my van and in a flash I am surrounded. They start rocking the van and pounding on the windows meanwhile the couple under the seats are screaming at me to get the hell out of there. Things did not look good but I got a lucky break when for an instant no one was in front of the van and I floored it. At this point I was not too concerned with red lights and was quickly out of harm's way. Dropped the couple off at some hotel on Van Ness and that was it, over.

    Steven
    Mook did you notice this?
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)
    ************^^^^¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqpcBpSsj1A

  81. #81
    I didn't do it
    Reputation: Mookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    9,383
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    I've witnessed him acting funny lately as well. Probably a bit stir crazy with his injuries.
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    I agree 100% with this, I've noticed a similar pattern.
    This could be a terminal condition. Get to the hospital STAT!!!!
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted
    Remember, commas save lives

  82. #82
    I didn't do it
    Reputation: Mookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    9,383
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    Mook did you notice this?
    Yes, as a matter of fact I did. Did you see it?
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted
    Remember, commas save lives

  83. #83
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    29,823
    Quote Originally Posted by Mookie View Post
    Yes, as a matter of fact I did. Did you see it?
    No, he must have just posted it. Probably after my inquiry about what happened.
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)
    ************^^^^¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqpcBpSsj1A

  84. #84
    Binned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    24,884
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    I agree 100% with this, I've noticed a similar pattern.
    I think it's the effects from the contact buzz from the perpetual smoke cloud rising from the great state of Colorado.

  85. #85
    I didn't do it
    Reputation: Mookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    9,383
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    No, he must have just posted it. Probably after my inquiry about what happened.
    You must be living in some sort of time warp vortex thingy. I can't believe that you don't like Star Trek The Next Generation. They have a ton of black holes and other time anomalies all the time.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted
    Remember, commas save lives

  86. #86
    I didn't do it
    Reputation: Mookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    9,383
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    I think it's the effects from the contact buzz from the perpetual smoke cloud rising from the great state of Colorado.
    In fact the smoke cloud might be coming from DJ's garage.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted
    Remember, commas save lives

  87. #87
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    29,823
    Just 4 more minutes..


    Rain Man: 4 Minutes Of Wapner
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)
    ************^^^^¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqpcBpSsj1A

  88. #88
    Log off and go ride!
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    1,420
    One of the worst Christmas movies ever made (or best, depending on your point of view) was Santa Claus Conquers the Martians. In the movie the Martians had guns that were the Wham-O Air Blaster (remember those?). That was a low budget prop.

    The next time you are watching a movie that is set in a foreign country, look at any aircraft used. Specifically the tail number. I cannot count the number of aircraft supposedly in Africa, Asia, South America, et al, with a tail number beginning with N. (N means U.S. registry).
    So many trails... so little time...

  89. #89
    gobsmacked Moderator
    Reputation: girlonbike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    8,721
    Back to the future: what are the Syrians doing in a suburban strip mall? 60 minute photos?

  90. #90
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Zomby Woof (MCM700)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    956
    I remember a scene from Mel Gibson's movie "Payback" when these guys in a Lincoln hit him and he bounces on the hood and onto the windshield and cracks it. And you see it happen from inside the car as the glass cracks. Then a view from outside the car, it backs up and Mel Gibson rolls off the hood. Well you can clearly see a windshield that is perfectly intact.

  91. #91
    ****** to the dirt
    Reputation: deke505's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    5,120
    Quote Originally Posted by girlonbike View Post
    Back to the future: what are the Syrians doing in a suburban strip mall? 60 minute photos?
    they were after the plutonium that the professor stole.
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    There's some strange folk out there 'bouts. They have no sense of humor.
    My Blog

Similar Threads

  1. Surface flaws on aircraft tubing?
    By dr.welby in forum Frame Building
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-29-2013, 04:55 AM
  2. Overlooked Maintenance
    By iridesl4 in forum Downhill - Freeride
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 02-05-2013, 08:16 PM
  3. The most overlooked piece of protection !
    By shulman1144 in forum Apparel and Protection
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-16-2012, 10:20 AM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-13-2011, 08:06 AM
  5. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-28-2011, 12:43 PM

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •