mtbr member
    Dec 2006

Motorcycle Track Day Video!

Check out this video I made from my track day last Saturday! Turned out pretty sick! Such a fun time!

more carbon=more awesome
    Nice work.
    Interesting track. It looks like the perfect training ground for road riders.
    Those super motos look like a whole heap of fun. Maybe I should sell the sportbike and give one a go.
    Posting on the basis that ignorance shared is ignorance doubled.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    It is perfectly set up for supermotos haha, nothing over 85mph, which is awesome so we can really whoop on the sport bike guys All I can say is get a supermoto and you will never look back!

more carbon=more awesome
    Quote Originally Posted by wileskws View Post
    It is perfectly set up for supermotos haha, nothing over 85mph, which is awesome so we can really whoop on the sport bike guys All I can say is get a supermoto and you will never look back!
    Yeah, it was a bit of an eye opener the first time I went to one of the tracks I go to and saw how fast the super-moto guys were on all the infield stuff. Of course they got absolutely buried on the straights. I'm not quite ready to make the change just yet though. I haven't had my fill of the howl of my inline 4.
    Posting on the basis that ignorance shared is ignorance doubled.

mtbr member
    great vid and enjoy the nimbleness SM's.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by The Understater View Post
    Yeah, it was a bit of an eye opener the first time I went to one of the tracks I go to and saw how fast the super-moto guys were on all the infield stuff. Of course they got absolutely buried on the straights. I'm not quite ready to make the change just yet though. I haven't had my fill of the howl of my inline 4.
    Yeah man, supermotos carry a ton of corner speed compared to sport bikes (at least in tight corners) and sport bikes can really turn it on in the straights. We have a track here that I won't even take my supermoto to because its too big of a track and all I would do all day is get passed by sport bikes hahaha

mtbr member
    entirely 2 diff animals however in capable hands 600's can carry plenty of corner entry/exit speed and for the most part leave everything else including SM's. Hell even SV650's rail corners extremely well too.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by nvphatty View Post
    entirely 2 diff animals however in capable hands 600's can carry plenty of corner entry/exit speed and for the most part leave everything else including SM's. Hell even SV650's rail corners extremely well too.
    I will agree that a capable rider on a 600 can be incredibly fast. I just feel that on a tight track, in my experience, the SM's usually walk away from the sport bikes.

Glad you liked the vid I am going back in 2 weeks to shoot a supermoto only video, so I'll be sure to share that when it is done!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by wileskws View Post
    I will agree that a capable rider on a 600 can be incredibly fast. I just feel that on a tight track, in my experience, the SM's usually walk away from the sport bikes.

Glad you liked the vid I am going back in 2 weeks to shoot a supermoto only video, so I'll be sure to share that when it is done!
    Even though i no longer own a sport bike or participate in TD's I'm always a fan first so anything gets my attention.

What could go wrong ...
    SuperMoto is fun to watch but nothing beats a big Duc between your legs

I like the horizon angles in this vid
    Last edited by Zoke2; 07-21-2013 at 02:28 PM.
    I used to ride to Win ... Now I ride to Grin

While my guitar gently weeps, my bike sits there mocking me