Thread: MotoGP '14!

High Desert MTBer

MotoGP '14!

Not a Nascar fan here, so how about...

Crutchlow on a Ducati !!!

MotoGP '14!-cal-crutchlow-motogp-ducati-corse-valencia-test-scott-jones-10-635x423.jpg
    It's all Here. Now.

mtbr member
    In general i'm a motorsports fan but my heart lies with 2 wheels after some 35yrs of them. Unless Ducati really steps up their program from A-Z I don't envision anyone being competitive on them I'm sorry to say. FIM certainly needs them to be from a survival standpoint as does their competition but based on recent past not Roosi, NH, Dovi could get the bike to fight for the box. Is it all the bikes fault? i highly doubt it as the Stoneman managed a title on it but thats before the spec tire rule took effect so bridgestone could build him what he wanted every weekend and get to the front.

Redcoat
    moto gp best motorsport on the planet.

nothing beats power sliding a two wheeled behemoth around a corner.

Nascar worst by far motor sport on the planet. its so aweful.

mighty sailin' man
    Quote Originally Posted by Brockwan View Post
    Nascar worst by far motor sport on the planet. its so aweful.
    wasn't always that way but that's pretty accurate for the current product
    Quote Originally Posted by davidarnott
    wheelies, beyond being the best way over any sort of obstacle, both above or below, are are the steedliest expresstion of joy

High Desert MTBer
    I once was doing the prerace concert at the Daytona 500, and it was my first and only time at Nascar, (That is Nascar right?), and I have to say it was about as exciting as watching paint dry. I have been to a few Formula 1 races, and that is a lot more exciting, or at least used to be, but Motorcycle racing on the roads in all its forms leaves all 4 wheeled sport standing in terms of the spectator excitement. I have been to a lot of different races in my time, from club races in the UK, to WSB, MotoGP, IOM TT, Ulster GP etc etc, and there is no comparison. Even better is to get onto the track yourself and scrape those knees!

As for 2014, I do hope more people can give the Rookie and the Midget a run for their money.
    It's all Here. Now.

High Desert MTBer
    sadly, I think Cal will only be so-so on the Ducati, it just seems to have gotten lost in development somehow. Maybe, just maybe, they might hit a formula that works again for him tho, he certainly has the skillz!
    It's all Here. Now.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rockerc View Post
    Even better is to get onto the track yourself and scrape those knees!
    yes its quite thrilling and did my part till sustaining injuries relegating me to spectator status (by choice)

As for 2014, I do hope more people can give the Rookie and the Midget a run for their money.
    JL will make noise again to be sure.

Redcoat

MotoGP '14!

Let's not forget the Isle of Man TT. Now that is a ballsy race.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Meatbomb
    +1

Isle of Man and Rally racing are the shiznit.

I rode the Baja 500 twice but can't go that far at my age now.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    +1

Isle of Man and Rally racing are the shiznit.

I rode the Baja 500 twice but can't go that far at my age now.
    must you stop for pee pee time?

more carbon=more awesome
    I think Yamaha are going to have their work cut out for them next season with only 20 litres of fuel to play with. Honda seem to have managed to get a rule passed that benefits themselves and puts the hurt on Yamaha.
    It's going to be further down the order that things get really interesting, and I expect some great battles between the Tech 3s, Aspar and the leased Yamahas of Colin Edwards and Aleix Espargaro... and of course the factory Ducatis.

I'be been watching my way through the 2006 season on MotoGP.com and that was some seriously great racing. Rossi struggling early on, Nicky pinning it every race and building a points lead, Stoner and Pedrosa showing how the new boys can take it to the big dogs, Loris and even Bayliss winning on the Ducatis, Melandri winning on a satelite Honda, and Gibenau demonstrating how to forwards flip a Ducati. Not to mention Pedrosa taking out his team mate in the penultimate race to almost cost Nicky and Honda the Championship! I think Mugello '06 was the best race I've ever watched.

Edit: How could I forget Melandri's one handed power slide in the final corner?... repost from Mad skillz thread.
    Posting on the basis that ignorance shared is ignorance doubled.

High Desert MTBer
    Sepang tests are showing that this year is gonna be a good one, at least as the Understater suggests, further down the rankings... Marquez is gonna cream it, it would seem, but the usual suspects are sure to give him a run for his money... I might have to buy me a MotoGP video pass again!
    It's all Here. Now.