High Desert MTBer

The most bizarre place you ever woke up at...

While not wanting to promote getting messed up, there have been some odd wake ups in my life, and I wonder if the same is true with anyone else?

I woke up in an empty restaurant once in NYC. My friends and I had been at a fancy restaurant where one of my pals knew the owner. The last thing I remember is ordering more Cognac, and the next I woke up hunched over the table in darkness at about 4 am, with all the chairs up on the tables around me. They left me to sleep, and I had no clue where I was. Took me a while to get out, and involved finding a phone to call the hotel where I thought I was staying...

Another time, strangely also in NYC, I woke in a janitors closet at a fancy hotel, bundled up in a pile of fresh clean towels! I figured I could not find my room, so kipped down in the only open room I could find. The maid was a little surprised, and so was I...

There's more, but how about y'all?
    It's all Here. Now.

see me rollin, they hatin
    i've woken up IN my brother's vomit. No cool places though.
    fap

Trail Prospector
    Also not wishing to promote drunken debauchery, and without a cool-place tale.

Woke up in my own bed, with a strange woman, and neither wearing any clothes.
    With no place to run, and no place to hide, coyote love wasn't even an option.

Since that day, Jack Daniel's has not touched my lips.
    The best is the one you want to ride most often..

Front Range, Colorado
    ^^ Ha-ha" coyote love" so you couldn't even chew your own arm off to get away. Sad very sad, unfortunately I've been there myself.

I once woke up on the hood of my car in a park. Don't ask I have no idea.

Another time a friend and I drove an hour to Denver and hit a bunch of bars. After the bars we drove up to Breckenridge to go skiing. We got there at 3 a.m.but they don't open until 7:00. So we pulled as close as we could in an empty "snow covered" parking lot. Then crashed out in the car. We were so drunk we didn't wake up until 9:00 a.m.. By that time the lot was full and our car was facing the wrong direction. The lot guys parked everyone around us and blocked us in. We were
    only 18 years old and drunk and stoned.
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)
    ************^^^^^^^Rock Garden

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    ^^ Ha-ha" coyote love" so you couldn't even chew your own arm off to get away. Sad very sad, unfortunately I've been there myself.

I once woke up on the hood of my car in a park. Don't ask I have no idea.

Another time a friend and I drove an hour to Denver and hit a bunch of bars. After the bars we drove up to Breckenridge to go skiing. We got there at 3 a.m.but they don't open until 7:00. So we pulled as close as we could in an empty "snow covered" parking lot. Then crashed out in the car. We were so drunk we didn't wake up until 9:00 a.m.. By that time the lot was full and our car was facing the wrong direction. The lot guys parked everyone around us and blocked us in. We were
    only 18 years old and drunk and stoned.
    So it was this past winter? :-)

mtbr member
    in the back of a '74 avocado green Pinto wagon parked in an underground mall parking lot
    i'm on my Last Herb
    RestInPeace Hook

High Desert MTBer
    Quote Originally Posted by 53119 View Post
    in the back of a '74 avocado green Pinto wagon parked in an underground mall parking lot
    Avocado Green?!? Oh NOOOOO!!!!
    It's all Here. Now.

mtbr member

Re: The most bizarre place you ever woke up at...

Quote Originally Posted by Flyin_W View Post
    Also not wishing to promote drunken debauchery, and without a cool-place tale.

Woke up in my own bed, with a strange woman, and neither wearing any clothes.
    With no place to run, and no place to hide, coyote love wasn't even an option.

Since that day, Jack Daniel's has not touched my lips.
    Roughly the same thing happened to my roommate in college... He came to my room to see if moving out before she woke up was an option.

On a personal note, woke up once on a tee box of a local golf course down the road from a party I was at.
    Here is the thing about equality, everyone's equal when they're dead. - Gavroche, Les MisÚrables

Front Range, Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by NJTransplant View Post
    So it was this past winter? :-)
    Hey if you're going to hit me below the belt give me a minute to move it up.
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)
    ************^^^^^^^Rock Garden

High Desert MTBer
    This happened to a work colleague on a tour once...
    We arrived on a tour bus in Zurich Switzerland for a couple of days off before a show there one weekend, and after dropping us at the hotel Friday afternoon, the bus driver dropped the bus for a service at the Volvo garage outside of town. One of our guys had partied hard the night before, and did not manage to wake up to go check into the hotel.

He woke up Saturday morning inside the locked bus, inside the Volvo garage, which was closed and locked up for the weekend.

Of course he had no idea where he was, dark bus, no power, dark garage. He went back to bed first of all, but then got really hungry some time in the night. He managed to climb out of the roof skylight eventually, then climbed up and over an inside wall, then broke into the roof of an office to get to a phone. Then he had to try and explain to the cops where he was. He didn't even know what country he was in! He made it to the hotel on Sunday. Not happy.
    It's all Here. Now.

High Desert MTBer
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB View Post
    i've woken up IN my brother's vomit. No cool places though.
    Was the vomit still warm then?
    It's all Here. Now.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Your house!

No known cure
    Anaheim PD drunk tank. Apparently I ran across the field during the 7th inning and was charged with trespassing on a playing field and underage drinking. I still don't remember anything but I was told I was doing cartwheels in center field. No tequila for me anymore.
    Ripping trails and tipping ales

mtbr member

I hope you had all your clothes on while you were doing cartwheels

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Its all Shits and Giggles until somebody Giggles and Shits

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Woke up naked, in a horse trough, at the first easyriders rodeo, in Chillicothe, Ohio. Horse slobbers hanging from arms to arse. Found clothes, in a straight line to the camper I borrowed off my uncle. Hella party must have went on there. The air conditioner unit, was laying on the floor, and my uncle had a new skylight.

He didn't let me borrow it the following year.

No known cure
    I drove up to Northstar at Tahoe for a DH race. This was back when they were revamping the village ten years ago. I didn't get to the resort until after 4AM and just pulled up and pitched a tent next to the rig in the darkness. I woke to construction noise three hours later and realized I was camping in the middle of a job site with loaders, cranes and backhoes operating like business as usual. They thought it was funny, and I had to laugh too.

High Desert MTBer
    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    I drove up to Northstar at Tahoe for a DH race. This was back when they were revamping the village ten years ago. I didn't get to the resort until after 4AM and just pulled up and pitched a tent next to the rig in the darkness. I woke to construction noise three hours later and realized I was camping in the middle of a job site with loaders, cranes and backhoes operating like business as usual. They thought it was funny, and I had to laugh too.
    Heheh! I like this! No booze involved, but it can still happen! I did something like this many years ago on a road trip in Germany when we set up our camp for the night on some waste ground in the dark, and did not realise until dawn that the peculiar smell was because we were camped on a landfill site with some interesting trash all round...
    It's all Here. Now.

rubber side down
    Woke up in some strangers pool enclosure in Naples on a lounge chair.....guess we couldn't find the house we were crashing at for the weekend. My buddy was on a raft near the slider. Woke to one of those crop duster planes spraying insecticide for mosquitoes at around 6am. Not only were we hurting so bad, but then feeling the insecticide hit us and having no where to go made it that much worse.

Ended up we were 3 blocks away...First time drinking Cuervo
    TAOS on pinkbike

see me rollin, they hatin
    Quote Originally Posted by rockerc View Post
    Was the vomit still warm then?
    i've told this story before somewhere, but i went to bed on my brothers couch with a fever. woke up on the floor in something wet. i thought i had spilled my water, so i laid my face down in the wet spot in the rug and since i had a fever, it felt nice. Turns out my brother got drunk and puked all over the floor and THATS what my face was in!
    fap

thread crapper
    Feb 2008
    I woke up in a sorority house at Texas Tech a few years ago while my wife was going to school there. I went out with some friends that were still in school and woke up on a couch that next morning there. Luckily I was only about a mile from where I worked at the time and kept a spare uniform in a closet upstairs. Walked in, went to work like nothing was going on. The hangover kicked in about 1030 and I was miserable the rest of the day since I worked in a steam gen plant. Had no clue where my truck was, my wife was out of town for a clinical thingamajig, and I couldn't get my buddies to answer any texts or calls. Finally got hold of someone that knew where my truck was and could take me to it. It was in some random gas station parking lot and had at least 6 "wounded" in the cab. Had to pour them all out with evil looks from an old lady. Still haven't gotten the whole story on that night, but I think I was set up.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rockerc View Post
    Avocado Green?!? Oh NOOOOO!!!!
    some of the "avocado" was mine...i think...
    i'm on my Last Herb
    RestInPeace Hook

High Desert MTBer
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB View Post
    i've told this story before somewhere, but i went to bed on my brothers couch with a fever. woke up on the floor in something wet. i thought i had spilled my water, so i laid my face down in the wet spot in the rug and since i had a fever, it felt nice. Turns out my brother got drunk and puked all over the floor and THATS what my face was in!
    A fever? Jose Cuerfever?
    It's all Here. Now.

mtbr member

Mine happened in high school. A friend of mine lived in the country, in a barn loft his dad turned into an apartment.
    We pooled money together to pick up five cases of Henry Weinhards. I stole my moms bottle of Jose Cuervo.
    Once I got rolling with the brews, my 1L stein never went empty. I was pouring a couple ounces of Jose in on top of the beer. It actually tasted great.

At some point I went outside to take a piss and I don't remember anything else.
    I woke up in another barn, on somebody else's property. I walked back to my buddy's place, not too far down the road.
    My friends filled in a few details. They were mad about me drinking all the beer. All of the beer. ALL OF THE EFFIN BEER! And I put away half the Jose.
    I left a large puddle of yack right outside the barn too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Its all Shits and Giggles until somebody Giggles and Shits

No known cure
    I just remembered another one from long ago. I was at Lake Havasu for Memorial Day. We had rented a houseboat and had with us an old tri hull to make runs to the shore for supplies. By the third day, I was the only one still charging and tossed what was left of a keg into the boat and motored over to a party at some beachside motel(The Nautical Inn). The next morning I found myself tethered to some strange houseboat miles from where my houseboat was and only woke up because I burned myself on the 100 degree plus keg that was in the seat next to me.

High Desert MTBer
    Another one just came to mind... One time we were staying at the Edgewater Inn in Seattle, where you can fish from your hotel room window. The last thing I vaguely remember is catching a 4 or 5' mud shark and reeling it up to the 3rd floor window. I got it to the window and was facing a big mouth full of teeth, and didn't have anything to get the hook out, (BTW this was after several cases of beer), so I went down to the hotel bar to see a pal I knew always carried a Leatherman. In the bar there was a lingerie show going on, so I went back up to the room, released the fish, and went back down to the bar.
    I remember very little after that, but woke up in a penthouse suite at the Sheraton some way away from the Edgewater Inn, all alone and smelling strongly of fish. There was a Polaroid in my pocket, (it was a while ago), with a picture of me holding a shark in the room that was almost as big as me, (the fish), but when I got back to my hotel room eventually, there were just a lot of empty soldiers, and fish poo everywhere.
    It's all Here. Now.