Tactical Nightmare

Logo Design? A project for a student designer? A bored yet creative person?

Yes, I spent time on Google and did some searching around. My Google-Fu searching just found stock graphics or services that cost a bunch of money.

Basically, I am looking to see if there is anyone out there in MTBR-land that has access to some cool software that can design a logo for me. My riding buddies and I have a psuedo-team name and we were thinking of getting a logo put together, and maybe eventually getting some shirts printed or a sticker or two for our rigs. Are we a real team? No, we don't race, or have any affiliation or IMBA designation or anything. We just ride together and had this idea.

I would think with the right software, this wouldn't take long to do, but I don't have access to much more than MS Paint. I have some concepts and ideas, and the team name and meaning behind it, I just need someone with some graphics skills, creativity and a program to do it.

I suppose I would be willing to pay or make a trade or something, as long as it didn't cost much at all. Maybe I am asking too much, and someone with this capability or software would need more than a few bucks to do this, and if so, let me know. I would completely understand. But maybe there is a student that could add this to a portfolio, and when we become famous, this will advance their career in ways they never imagined. Trust me, we won't ever be famous. Just some old riding buddies, that is all.

Thanks all!
    "The true object of all human life is play" - GK Chesterton
    *2014 Giant Trance 27.5 1
    *1983 Schwinn Predator

Tactical Nightmare
    Just wanted to follow up and say a huge thanks to swampboy62 who offered his help to build a logo for me. It turned out great and was exactly what I wanted. He took my ideas and concepts and what I had in my mind, and turned into a digital image that I can now use for printing jerseys, t-shirts, and other items.

Again, this is just a group of riders that are great friends and we wanted an identity, and swampboy62 helped me do that. Thanks bud! I really appreciate your work! Here is the logo he designed for me:

*1983 Schwinn Predator

High Desert MTBer
    Cool request, cool response and a very cool Logo! Nice positive way to continue my day
    It's all Here. Now.

Tactical Nightmare
    Thanks rockerc! What is cool is the tree/root is from a picture of a tree that is on a local trail that we ride, and I love the fact that he was able to incorporate that into the design. It certainly gives it a personal feel to it. The name ROOTS came from the fact that us riding buddies used to ride together back in high school and just after. We all went our seperate ways for a number of years with getting married, having kids, lives, etc. Now we are back to riding together and enjoying every minute of it. We are back to our roots, so to speak. Plus, roots are our most common trail obstacle we encounter out on our trails here in Oregon.

Love it!
    *1983 Schwinn Predator