Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Chamois Dropper

Led Zeppelin fans.....

Have you heard "Celebration Day" ? Its awesome. Previously unreleased 1975 live stuff. I've heard the soundtrack, have yet to see the video. It's that magical time right after they had released Physical Graffiti. I really think that they were at there best a couple years before '75, but it's great to hear a version of "Since I've been Loving You" that you have never heard before.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    2008 GT Force
    Go Veg

Chamois Dropper
    I was five years old when this happened . Anyone who has actual Led Zep experiences please feel free to share what it was like to see them live. Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Led Zeppelin fans.....-jimmy-page.jpg  

2008 GT Force
    Go Veg

mtbr member
    Much before my time, but I'm still a big fan!
    Mountain bikers who don't road ride have no legs...
    Road riders who don't mountain bike have no soul...

Chamois Dropper
    Kinda disappointed. This stuff is pretty modern.
    2008 GT Force
    Go Veg

AZ
    banned
    Saw them at the Forum, greatest show ever. No sh!t, EVER!!! And I've seen a lot of shows.

Chamois Dropper
    Must have been awesome. I was just born a couple years too late. Glad you're back, by the way. MTBR isn't the same without your loquacious posts, AZ.
    2008 GT Force
    Go Veg

Rod
    Endorphin Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by sasquatch rides a SS View Post
    Much before my time, but I'm still a big fan!
    same here!
    There is not much choice between rotten apples.

parenting for gnarness
    Quote Originally Posted by Rod View Post
    same here!
    +1. One of my all-time favorite bands. I have seen Dread Zeppelin at the 9:30 Club in DC - they were fun.

In '08 I saw Robert Plant at Jazzfest in New Orleans, all on work's dime!!!! That was awesome.

'It Might Get Loud' is a cool movie if you're a fan.

High Desert MTBer
    Loved 'em since the first time I heard the first album. That was a total epiphany for me. All started going downhill after the second album, but they had their moments still. Saw them early on in the UK, some college gig there near London, That was amazing but memories are hazy (!), then saw them at Earls Court in London in '75. This is quite a famous concert, 5 nights there, and Youtube has a ton of footage of it. I was close to the stage, and I have to say that I was very disappointed as the sound was so bad. Earls Court is a crappy venue for live audio, and this was no exception. I do have to say that the experience did contribute to my desire to become an audio engineer, which I did shortly after, so it had some positive benefit for me!
    It's all Here. Now.

psycho cyclo addict
    I had tickets to their last concert in Maryland that ended up cancelled due to Bonzo's passing :/ I saw Robert Plant and Jimmy Page years ago and they both still had it.
    【ツ】 eDub 【ツ】

Big Mac
    My neighbor claims to have slept with Robert Plant. I spent a lot of time stoned , riding around in my buddies scirocco listening to led zeppelin. That's all I got.

Flaccid Member
    Saw them at The Forum... Loud, powerful, but if I'd had my way, sound wise, I'd rather have seen them play at the Hollywood Bowl. The Bowl just has great sound, period, compared to The Forum or Long Beach Sports Arena. The Greek Theatre has really good acoustics too, saw Sting there.

Jimmy Page, simply amazing. But you see Jimmy for the sound, not the showmanship.
    "i'll brazilian when YOU do boy, right around the ol' rusty star. Actually, whole fruit bowl. Get on it!" NicoleB

mtbr member
    One of my favorite groups of all time!! My GF and I had plans to see them in Tampa, 1977, but at the last minute couldn't make it. The show was stopped after three songs due to heavy rain and lighting.

Yes, that's fonetic
    Saw them on their "The Song Remains the Same" tour in '78 (I think). Definitely a highlight of my live music experiences.

Hmmmmm
    Here you go...

"I thought of that while riding my bike."
    Albert Einstein, on the theory of relativity.

Peace and Long Rides...

meh... whatever
    Quote Originally Posted by natzx7 View Post
    Have you heard "Celebration Day" ? Its awesome. Previously unreleased 1975 live stuff. I've heard the soundtrack, have yet to see the video. It's that magical time right after they had released Physical Graffiti. I really think that they were at there best a couple years before '75, but it's great to hear a version of "Since I've been Loving You" that you have never heard before.
    led who??? j/k.... i'm somewhat of a fan. my first tattoo was the swan song angel.

although agreeably awesome, "celebration day" isn't unreleased 1975 live stuff. it was a concert recorded at london's O2 arena on december 10, 2007. linky

despite not being the original intent, thankfully it was later released as a theatrical movie, on blue ray, as a 2 disc cd set, and a 3 album vinyl set.
    "The meaning of life is to find your gift. The purpose of life is to give it away."

thecentralscrutinizer
    One of my all time favorite bands...Brings back many GOOD memories.
    2014 Giant Anthem 27.5
    2013 DeVinci Leo SL
    2009 SE Racing SoCal Flyer
    2008 SE Racing lil Ripper
    2003 TiSport Gman

High Desert MTBer
    Quote Originally Posted by RandyBoy View Post
    Saw them at The Forum... Loud, powerful, but if I'd had my way, sound wise, I'd rather have seen them play at the Hollywood Bowl. The Bowl just has great sound, period, compared to The Forum or Long Beach Sports Arena. The Greek Theatre has really good acoustics too, saw Sting there.

Jimmy Page, simply amazing. But you see Jimmy for the sound, not the showmanship.
    Unfortunately the Bowl and Greek both have savage db limits, so they never would be good there... you need some spl to fully enjoy the experience! The Forum is a good sounding room compared to most arenas.
    It's all Here. Now.

Mulleticious
    Some of you are SOOO lucky! One of my favourite bands, but never had the chance to see them live - must've been crazy. Kashmir is my fave track - on high volume

The White Jeff W
    Ive seen Jimmy Page & Robert Plant individually but never Led Zep in tact. My freshman year in high school some of my friends went but I wasn't allowed to go to concerts yet.

Broke my cherry on Iron Maiden senior year
    No moss...

Perpetual Hack
    Fave band period.
    Never had the pleasure.
    Was planning on the Toronto show, but The Beast came out and Bonzo left us...

Have seen Plant a half dozen times from first solo tour (Pictures at 11) - and the last was Band of Joy.

Tried for tickets for the O2 show, but alas, was denied.
    Wanted them to tour, but after seeing Celebration Day in the Theatre, I think the one off show was the wise choice. Kicked total a$$ - nice high point to go out on. - no devolution into a pale shadow of former glory.

michael
    A Dirtbag since 1969.
    A Knomer since 2007.

Knolly Podium V.2
    Knolly Delirium
    Knolly Delirium-T
    RM Slayer . . .

Probably drunk right now

Meh...

They're okay and certainly far more talented than I'll ever be. But most of their songs are basically ripping off black soul/blues singers from the 30's, 40's and 50's.

Stairway to Heaven: Perhaps the most overplayed, overrated classic rock song of all time.
    JPark - 3.5- don't listen to dremer

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Saw them in 79' in Vienna, Austria. Some ******* threw firecrackers on the stage and one of them hit Jimmy Page on the temple an blew his glasses off his face, place went dark and the promoter came out and said "give up the "bomber" or no more show! Crowdsourcing revealed the culprit and the show went on. Greatest moment of my musical life
    When people ask me what I do, I don't tell them what I do for my job, I tell them I ride mountain bikes.

Bro
    Where I do my thinking
    They were way before my time as well. It's great how much of their stuff is online, though.

And this afternoon I was at a local record store (I know, they still exist!) and I found a CD of the London Philharmonic doing a couple covers of Zeppelin songs. Kashmir is the second song on the playlist, and it's just as epic as when Zeppelin played it. There's something about mixing their heavy music with a giant orchestra that's just right.
    I've made some bad decisions like taking the gears off my bike. So here's the warning: Do not as I say, nor as I do.

mtbr member
    Long story short, led zep was a big player for me growing up in the 70's. I really didn't listen much the last 20 years while digging rem, foo fighters, oasis and some of other favorites. I went to watch their 'reunion concert' a few months ah on theatre....I'm appreciating their genius once again. Kashmir on that is gold.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast