Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    No Stranger to danger....

The Lamest sub forum on MTBR - AND THE WINNER IS ?

THE WINNER IS....................THE PASSION FORUM.........Hands down.

Really, its just the muppet show in passion, its like the Oprah Winfrey show in there.

Its where the very serious bikers go to talk 'passion' LOL.

These are the un written rules of the passion section.

1. You must take your self and your biking very seriously

2. No going off topic

3. You must only post about something that involves passion.

4. you must be deep and meaningful.

5. NO JOKING ALLOWED

6. you must post pictures with some sort of poetic meaning of life comment under them.

7. PICTURES OF THE FALL Are a prerequisite for being a serious passion member.

8. you must love sob stories and stories of personal hardships

9. You must love taking 'selfies' over and over again and expect other to be interested.

10. you must love looking at pictures of other peoples ugly kids and pretend you give a shite.

11. More PICTURES OF THE FALL, AND YOURSELF

12. To enter you must of been hiding behind a tree when god handed out senses of humour.

13. You must love looking at yourself so much that its ok to blog thread after thread for years and years with pictures of yourself riding a bike

I just popped in there to check on the coolaiders, and man i realise why i never bother looking any more.

Any other contenders for the lamest sub forum here ?

BEST MTBR FORUM GOES TO THE OFF CAMBER FORUM, WE CARRY THIS PLACE, AND ITS A HEAVY WEIGHT TO BARE.

P.S NO OFFENCE INTENDED TO YOU PASSION PEEPS, JUST A FRIENDLY WIND UP
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....

Im just popping over to post this in the passion forum, im sure they will get the joke......

pin it
    Quote Originally Posted by tone's View Post
    im just popping over to post this in the passion forum, im sure they will get the joke......
    lol!
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

I dont know man, the internal gear hub sub forum is pretty crazy. Ive heard of perma bans handed out for posting positive things about derailleurs over there. They dont take kindly to jokes about their internal gear hubs.
    "Bigring, that's deep. ...Well, I suspect it is. I didn't read it."

sympathy for society
    This is why I am 99% in the OC. It's too scary out there....
    "We can always find excuses if we want to find them, but if we really want to do something, we have to just go."

Quote Originally Posted by BigRingGrinder View Post
    I dont know man, the internal gear hub sub forum is pretty crazy. Ive heard of perma bans handed out for posting positive things about derailleurs over there. They dont take kindly to jokes about their internal gear hubs.
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH.

A bit like the commuter forum, ive been in there a few times trying to tell them that the bike riders are the problems on the roads, not the cars, they didnt warm to well to that lol.

mtbr member
    Agree with all your points, especially #10

humber river advocate
    i was going to say "eastern canada" for the double standard of "acrimonious behavior " and "advocacy thought crimes" talk about lame... but you make a pretty good case for passion tones...

#10 lol
    bolton trail info
    bmbc1st @ yahoo.com
    support TORBA
    Albion Hills Conservation Area Master Plan Public Advisory Committee

sympathy for society
    Whew... I just ventured out. I found the bikepacking section. Pretty cool stuff in there. Was able to dump some rep and quickly returned..
    "We can always find excuses if we want to find them, but if we really want to do something, we have to just go."

King of Middle Earth
    sodak, how's your blood pressure? Coming back down now? I hope so. It's a scary world outside of OC. Kinda like leaving Mama Kangaroo's pouch.
    fee-fy-fo-fum...

sympathy for society
    Yup, getting better now. I think I will try it once a day to get used to the "outside" world. I better practice being angry, stubborn & arrogant.

King of Middle Earth
    ^lol^
    fee-fy-fo-fum...

Hutch is my Hero
    Oct 2005
    Tone's..................Brilliant!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRingGrinder View Post
    The DYI light forum is the furthest removed from all others on this site...

AZ
    banned
    Passion was the go to forum before all the "which 29er saddle?" threads. We should post some ride pics and reports to help return it to its former stature. Just sayin.

Does the Passion forum have any moderation? After a quick glance it would appear that it is in desperate need of more of it, move some of those threads to General or Beginners sub-forums. My two centavo's.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Well, I sort of agree with Tone's assessment, except of course for the fact that ANY forum on emptybeer is by definition lame in nature. Ever since the Great Purge of the f88 forum, in the throes of the Ibis (Ibex?) scandal, this place has been basically been a site for paying advertisers to shill their products. Small activities on the perimeters are tolerated, but any commentary of substance is quickly squashed.

Fer chrissakes, you can't even post any 4-letter words on this site. In a way, Off-Camber is the biggest joke of all, with it's illusion of irreverence and the implication that one is 'free' to say whatever here.
    Good luck with that!
    Re-Cycled Person who rides a mountain bicycle.

human dehumidifier
    The longer this thread gets, the closer OC gets to winning the contest
    I Just Wasn't Made For These Times

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Raton View Post
    Well, I sort of agree with Tone's assessment, except of course for the fact that ANY forum on emptybeer is by definition lame in nature. Ever since the Great Purge of the f88 forum, in the throes of the Ibis (Ibex?) scandal, this place has been basically been a site for paying advertisers to shill their products. Small activities on the perimeters are tolerated, but any commentary of substance is quickly squashed.

Fer chrissakes, you can't even post any 4-letter words on this site. In a way, Off-Camber is the biggest joke of all, with it's illusion of irreverence and the implication that one is 'free' to say whatever here.
    Good luck with that!
    Ray, mate the OC here is pretty free n cool, your not here to see plenty of it, our mods here let us run the gauntlet, they are not power heads, as long as a few basic respectful rules are followed its all pretty sweet.
    There was a dark time about 6 months ago, with many misunderstandings from both sides,but its all back to normal now.

If anybody knows how much one can push the boundry's its me, i wouldnt be here if we couldnt have adult fun and be idiots, its not true at all that commentary of substance is squashed, mate its pretty liberal in here, we post 4 letter words every day in the OC, look i'll do it now f*ck, **** etc, but its not really needed, nor is it an example of freedom.

I agree some parts of the forum are way to controlled and serious, but not in here.

Im just giving credit where its due mate, our mods here are pretty sweet, and its not untill you get some power tripper that many will realise how good it is in here, Ray, you should pop in a bit more mate

cheers

~Disc~Golf~
    The 26er forum.
    Those guys are zealots over there.
    Anything you say against 26ers is met with cult-like non-sense.
    Honestly, you just take a deep breath and say Fuck it.

I forgot the Nutrition and Hydration forum, theres some serious dudes in there that are very serious about their bodies, food, gel bars, breakfast, etc.
    Dont go in there chucking Maccas or hungry jacks jokes around, they will treat you like a heroin addict lol.

Perpetual n00b

The Lamest sub forum on MTBR - AND THE WINNER IS ?

Quote Originally Posted by highdelll View Post
    the %sub_forum_variable% forum.
    Those guys are zealots over there.
    Anything you say against %sub_forum_variable% is met with cult-like non-sense.
    fify
    If you gorge yourself into morbid obesity, you can skip everyone else in line at Disney World.

mtbr member

Good luck with that!
    Couldnt agree more.

Just look at the somthing awefull forums to take a gander at what off camber really is.

This place reminds me of an "R" rated movie with no violence drugs or nudity.

Front Range, Colorado
    Ha,ha Tones you nailed it, the Passion forum has been like that for years. I ventured over there a few months back after a year or so hiatus. Hoping for a change but it actiually seemed worse. As Tomcat mentioned your #10 is so true. And the fact that you had better post photo's of your recent epic and discuss it in the most serious way. That forum is a joke, half of them are so serious about their bike riding they have a stick up their ass if you venture from the topic at hand ( their recent epic). The other half are beginners trying to fit in. I learned long ago the O.C. is where it's at. A few other forums for the hell of it once in awhile. But the majority of my time is in the O.C. I'm all weepy right now, I feel like it is family around here.
    --------- __o
    ------- _`\<,_
    ------ (*)/ (*)
    ************^^^^^^^^^Rock Garden

AZ
    banned

Good luck with that!

Yeah the demise of f88me has left upwards of 15 people in a vacuum with nowhere to go.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    I forgot the Nutrition and Hydration forum, theres some serious dudes in there that are very serious about their bodies, food, gel bars, breakfast, etc.
    Dont go in there chucking Maccas or hungry jacks jokes around, they will treat you like a heroin addict lol.
    Lol they dont like recomending beer for carbs either bunch of skinny drug addics in there

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast