• 11-13-2012
    Tone's
    Lame Claims to Fame and Shame ?
    This is the thread to share your claims to Fame and shame no matter how lame i want to hear them.

I'll start the ball rolling..

When i was a kid i used to squash flies with a fly squatter with my lil bro, we collected a whole jar of dead blow flies in about 4 months in summer one year, we concidered that an impressive feat, we used to use dead birds, possums, rats what ever we could find to attract the flies and sit next to them all day squatting away...:skep:

I can swim an olympic swimming pool under water turn around and make it to the 60m mark.

I collect belly button lint, once again in a jar, and have one of the biggest collections in Oz, im looking to be a world record holder one day...

I used to eat insects, butterflies and moths at primary school for bets or just to get attention, mostly the latter..

Ive taken over 60 species of Sydney Harbour fish on lure and fly, and at least 15 of those are fish not considered fishable for on lure or fly...

Your turn guys, im sure you guys have tonnes of claims to fame and shame, i hear them on here every day, nows your chance to come clean, cheers:thumbsup::D

This is YOUR MOMENT TO SHINE, YOUR MOMENT to tell MTBR of your greatest achievement, and greatest claim to fame, dont let it slip trendsetters...........
  • 11-13-2012
    Trail Ninja
    I can touch my nose with my tongue.

..... OK, you can stop trying now.
  • 11-13-2012
    Bill in Houston
    I can swim two lengths of a 25m pool underwater. Never tried in a 50m pool.

I have eaten multiple live guppies for small change and attention.

I hiked 27 miles in a day.
  • 11-13-2012
    Tone's
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill in Houston View Post
    I can swim two lengths of a 25m pool underwater. Never tried in a 50m pool.

I have eaten multiple live guppies for small change and attention.

I hiked 27 miles in a day.

We have a lot in common Billy, We could be brothers.......:D
  • 11-13-2012
    theMeat
    I bunny hopped 13 of my friends laying side by side.
  • 11-13-2012
    net wurker
    I'm kind of a big deal. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.
  • 11-13-2012
    Quote:

Originally Posted by net wurker View Post
    I'm kind of a big deal. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

i can relate to this cuz i stabbed a guy in the heart with a trident once.

also guitar player for 2 gigs in a van halen cover band after high school graduation.

unknowingly helped in "aquiring" a Chevelle in sophomore year of high school.
  • 11-13-2012
    Shark
    I was the first fat-bike rider at the Brown County Breakdown last year, and this year was the first to complete 100 miles on the fatty.

yippee!

oh yah, & I can juggle, balls & clubs!
  • 11-13-2012
    freighttrainuphill
    I seem to be remembered more for the heavy breathing in my climbing videos than the actual climbs (especially by male viewers! ;)). It has caused some petty bytching from faceless internet tough guys who claim to be cyclists :rolleyes:

I don't care though. I love raw footage and always will. There are two simple solutions available for those who don't like it. Hit the stop button, or mute the audio. They can even play one of their favorite songs while the video is playing, which is a better choice than me putting music over it that I like and other people don't like.
  • 11-13-2012
    wv_bob
    I have a T-shirt declaring me the world's fastest fat man. Running, not riding. Age has taken a toll on that claim though.

I am also known locally as the world's slowest mechanic. It's a good thing I got out of that line of work.
  • 11-13-2012
    XLNC
    I dunno. I guess my only claim to fame is whatever my "rep" is at.....?!

<~~~

Edit: I got it now. A few years back one of my fish won "best in show" at the Canadian Association of Aquarium Clubs (convention) "fish show." It wasn't so much that we won (we won other local club's shows a few times) but it was the most entries in a "canadian" show ever (329 total entries).
  • 11-13-2012
    net wurker
    Quote:

Originally Posted by 53119 View Post
    i can relate to this cuz i stabbed a guy in the heart with a trident once.

I've been meaning to talk to you about that. You should probably find yourself a safe house or a relative close by. Lay low for a while, because you're probably wanted for murder.
  • 11-13-2012
    Bro
    I won the party at the race last week. Pretty much all I got. :D
  • 11-13-2012
    Bill in Houston
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    We have a lot in common Billy, We could be brothers.......:D

The similarities ARE astonishing...

I came in third from last in my first mtb race.
  • 11-13-2012
    2ridealot
    I won the 1994 US Oval Masters Amateur 200 lap enduro at the 1/10 scale rc stock car championships...that and about a buck fidy will get me a small coffee at the 7-11.
    I also banged one the hottest cheerleaders on the squad in high school...that was then, now she's no so hot. :confused:
    I once caught a 44lb redfish with a small piece of dental floss...;)
  • 11-13-2012
    skullcap
    For some reason, one summer when I was a kid, pogo sticks were a flash fad in my neighborhood. I earned and held the record for longest continuous "pogo-ing"(?) for the entire summer. Ahhh...those were the glory days. : D
  • 11-13-2012
    big terry
    i was the first horde rogue to hit level 70 on shadowmoon server after burning crusade came out.

/nerd off
  • 11-13-2012
    steiny
    Wow, I feel like a mere mortal among the gods after reading this thread. I'll be throwing down serious rep points once my salad shooter recharges.

I can recite all 50 U.S. states in alphabetical order in just 30 seconds. Something I learned in the 4th grade and never forgot.
  • 11-13-2012
    StiHacka
    I am quite effective at pissing my boss off.
  • 11-14-2012
    singlesprocket
    -have a patent, not really a big deal
    -first person to put a pump track in the sad sack town where i live (it's also a rc race course)
    -i've owned a lot of bicycles... more of a sickness really, but a healthy one...
  • 11-14-2012
    Tone's
    Quote:

Originally Posted by singlesprocket View Post
    -have a patent, not really a big deal
    -first person to put a pump track in the sad sack town where i live (it's also a rc race course)
    -i've owned a lot of bicycles... more of a sickness really, but a healthy one...

Care to give us a round about idea what the patent is bro, interesting......:thumbsup:
  • 11-14-2012
    skullcap
    Quote:

Originally Posted by big terry View Post
    i was the first horde rogue to hit level 70 on shadowmoon server after burning crusade came out.

/nerd off

Ooooo...that reminded me, I had the high score on the Galaga game at the corner store for 3 years running. Good times!
  • 11-14-2012
    cyclelicious
    I've met some famous people over the years... mainly just lucky and being at the right place at the right time

Quentin Tarantino (tall, fast talker, couldn't stand still)
    Andy Garcia (nicely dressed)
    Kirsten Dunst (pretty and very very thin)
    Christina Ricci (I kept staring at her forehead)
    Colin Mochrie and Curt Harnett (lived in my hood, Curt has not aged a day!)
    Conrad Black (huge man, very polite and well spoken)
    Rachel McAdams (pretty smile very nice)
    Dame Judi Dench (chatted about Toronto)
    Paris Hilton (prettier in person and really nice)
    Vin Diesel (surprisingly small and seemed to like the company of men)
    Dennis Quaid (shared a cab)
    Roger Hodgson (Supertramp)
    Colin Firth (oh gosh... very handsome!)

lots more
  • 11-14-2012
    Tone's
    Quote:

Originally Posted by cyclelicious View Post
    I've met some famous people over the years... mainly just lucky and being at the right place at the right time

Quentin Tarantino (tall, fast talker, couldn't stand still)
    Andy Garcia (nicely dressed)
    Kirsten Dunst (pretty and very very thin)
    Christina Ricci (I kept staring at her forehead)
    Colin Mochrie and Curt Harnett (lived in my hood, Curt has not aged a day!)
    Conrad Black (huge man, very polite and well spoken)
    Rachel McAdams (pretty smile very nice)
    Dame Judi Dench (chatted about Toronto)
    Paris Hilton (prettier in person and really nice)
    Vin Diesel (surprisingly small and seemed to like the company of men)
    Dennis Quaid (shared a cab)
    Roger Hodgson (Supertramp)
    Colin Firth (oh gosh... very handsome!)

lots more

What about Singlesprocket, he must fit onto that list some where.......

Ive met Ron Jeremy at the Sydney sexpo, that was a moment i'll always cherish, id seen so many of his movies, hes a real mans man Ron.......:thumbsup:
  • 11-14-2012
    mbmb65
    I partied with man that made Jerry Garcia's guitars. And I did the cabbage patch on the stage that the grateful dead had had just left. I smoked pot with Peter Tosh. I'm an excellent bowler and I can drink a lot of beer.