Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    I build my own.
    How the hell do I always end up at the top of page 2?
    I have a device that can access the total knowledge of man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and argue with strangers.

I build my own.
    awesome. Bet you can't name Canada's states in under 30 sec
    Quote Originally Posted by steiny View Post
    I'd place money on that bet. Now, if we can just find someone who thinks I can do it, we can split that fool's money.
    I'll give them all day to just name one.

Oh wait, I forgot... Alaska.
    I have a device that can access the total knowledge of man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and argue with strangers.

I dd what you see there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trail Ninja View Post
    I'll give them all day to just name one.
    Nevermind Canadia's states - 90% of Americans and 75% of Torontonians are quite surprised when they learn that there are OTHER cities in Canada besides Toronto.....
    2002 Cannondale Jekyll 800
    2011 Trek Cronus CX Ultimate

I build my own.
    Quote Originally Posted by XLNC View Post
    Nevermind Canadia's states - 90% of Americans and 75% of Torontonians are quite surprised when they learn that there are OTHER cities in Canada besides Toronto.....
    At least you can convince the Americans that it's true.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Fame:

• I was interviewed on the local news in elementary school, talking about the new playground they built. The anchors had a fun time when I said it was "Rad".

• I was on the Disney Channel, interviewed when Al Gore was talking about the environment (back in the Clinton/Gore era). Never got the meet the VP, though

• I was a news anchor for a local highschool news thing called "High School Beat" Junior year in highschool.

• I am on 0:16 on the music video for Smashmouth "Then the Morning Comes".

• When I was bodybuilding, I won "Mr. Santa Cruz".

• I have two US design patents for a Karaoke Machine and microphone, that won numerous design awards, and was featured as giveaways on shows like the Rosie O'Donnell Show and other daytime shows.

• I was featured in my local paper (Santa Cruz Sentinel) for my design success.

• I produced, directed and wrote an animated cartoon show (that never got picked up - but I shopped it around for years)

• I started a local SuperMoto MC that was featured in a motorcycle rag. It went viral, and "chapters" went as far as Indonesia.

Shame:

My 30's have been full-of-fail, missed opportunities and "almost made it" type scenarios. With all the fun and interesting stuff that's happened to me before, I'm a little disappointed with what has become of me. Decisions have been made out of necessity rather than love passion - except getting married. The repercussions of taking the creative risks I took before are too great to attempt.

I'm hoping my 40's will be better, but I doubt it. I was looking forward to raising a family - but that's gone.

FKA Malibu412
    Quote Originally Posted by Dion View Post
    My 30's have been full-of-fail, missed opportunities and "almost made it" type scenarios. ...I'm hoping my 40's will be better, but I doubt it. I was looking forward to raising a family - but that's gone.
    Adopt? You seem to be pretty passionate about family and having your own to raise.

My 40s have been my "missed opportunity" years. I was kickin' it in the ass in my 30s. My 50s have to get better or I'll be living in my car down by the river by the time I'm 60.
    Everything that kills me, makes me feel alive

re member
    I can see "SpaceCamp" from one of my local trails.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lame Claims to Fame and Shame ?-rocket.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by My Avatar
    WOOF!
    My videos on Vimeo

bust a move
    Quote Originally Posted by net wurker View Post
    I can see "SpaceCamp" from one of my local trails.
    I watched those saturn V rockets take off as a kid. They would make the water in the intracostal waterway ripple about 10 miles from the pad.
    Falling down is part of LIFE…Getting back up is LIVING…

re member
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ridealot View Post
    I watched those saturn V rockets take off as a kid. They would make the water in the intracostal waterway ripple about 10 miles from the pad.
    Me too! I grew up in Orlando. I remember as a little kid, we could see them pretty good on the clear nights when they did night launches.

We drove over to the coast to watch a night shuttle launch once. I'm glad we did, cool memory.
    Quote Originally Posted by My Avatar
    WOOF!
    My videos on Vimeo

Rod
    Endorphin Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    ''Ive been in a fight to protect a bluegill fish i had caught, but another kid wanted to torture''
    I knew there was a reason why i like you hot rod, magic stuff mate, love your work.

And ''Grinderz, top notch effort mate taking the thief down n gettin rocked in the face for it, thats what i expect from a fellow ozzy.....
    Ty Tone. I was in middle school when that happened. Sometimes I still think we're barbarians.
    There is not much choice between rotten apples.

Sup
    I have hammer toes and can pick up chit off the floor without bending down
    I have terrible spelling and grammar "true story"
    and I got 2 dingo biscuits

Sj
    I am slow therefore I am

Huckin' trails
    Hummm... Let's see if I can remember shjt I did those past 20 years...

-Been a spokesperson for Montreal's scholar board to a national congress.

-Won 2008 MD state Rockfish fishing tournament.

-Bulleye on my first shot ever at 100 yards with a 30-06.

-Never broke any bones or had serious medical issues due to accidents or non-natural causes.

-I can rock a bike that weight 3/8 of my own weight. And climb it up 1000ft high.

-I can do 10+ squats with someone heavier than me on my back.

-I can eat as many as 5 full sized meals in a day when I get a good ride and still be hungry. And of course never put weight on, no matter what.

-If I keep only my right eye open, I can see triple. It's called monocular diplopia and it's very rare to happen when you're young and have a 20/20 vision. I might get an entry in the medical books a some point for this.

-I can pick almost any locks.

-After a potentially deadly crash OTB where I landed on top of my head, the only injury was a scar on my right elbow in the shape of a music note. No neck or head pain at all.

-A few years ago, I was one of the most known and top player of FPS online, and had many gaming clans offering me high position in their ranks. I think I'm like #2 in two of them and I had my own tactical squad that was very controversial because I recruited many high players from different clans and we were just kickin' ass everywhere

-Many persons have qualified me as being one of the most handsome guy they ever met, and a few of them were actually my bosses and teachers. Others simply say I'm one of the most interesting man out there. At least I'm not the one who claim it

-I did 50km as a mechanic volunteer for a cycling event on a big 40lbs DH bike with all the tools, food and supplies last June, and managed to start from the end of the peleton and finish about 45 minutes ahead of other riders who left before me, even with many stops for repairs and help. My ass was in a world of pain, but I was smiling every single feet of the 30 miles.

-I can chop down huge logs with a hatchet just for the fun of it.

And btw there is not a single state in Canada, it's all provinces and territories
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB28 View Post
    topless. that's what all mtb girls do. we go ride, get topless, have pillow fights in the woods, scissor, then ride home!

Huckin' trails
    Oh, and like SlowerJoe, I can also pick up pretty much anything with my toes, from a screwdriver to a sheet of paper.
    topless. that's what all mtb girls do. we go ride, get topless, have pillow fights in the woods, scissor, then ride home!

No Stranger to danger....
    Quote Originally Posted by David C View Post
    Hummm... Let's see if I can remember shjt I did those past 20 years...

-Been a spokesperson for Montreal's scholar board to a national congress.

-Won 2008 MD state Rockfish fishing tournament.

-Bulleye on my first shot ever at 100 yards with a 30-06.

-Never broke any bones or had serious medical issues due to accidents or non-natural causes.

-I can rock a bike that weight 3/8 of my own weight. And climb it up 1000ft high.

-I can do 10+ squats with someone heavier than me on my back.

-I can eat as many as 5 full sized meals in a day when I get a good ride and still be hungry. And of course never put weight on, no matter what.

-If I keep only my right eye open, I can see triple. It's called monocular diplopia and it's very rare to happen when you're young and have a 20/20 vision. I might get an entry in the medical books a some point for this.

-I can pick almost any locks.

-After a potentially deadly crash OTB where I landed on top of my head, the only injury was a scar on my right elbow in the shape of a music note. No neck or head pain at all.

-A few years ago, I was one of the most known and top player of FPS online, and had many gaming clans offering me high position in their ranks. I think I'm like #2 in two of them and I had my own tactical squad that was very controversial because I recruited many high players from different clans and we were just kickin' ass everywhere

-Many persons have qualified me as being one of the most handsome guy they ever met, and a few of them were actually my bosses and teachers. Others simply say I'm one of the most interesting man out there. At least I'm not the one who claim it

-I did 50km as a mechanic volunteer for a cycling event on a big 40lbs DH bike with all the tools, food and supplies last June, and managed to start from the end of the peleton and finish about 45 minutes ahead of other riders who left before me, even with many stops for repairs and help. My ass was in a world of pain, but I was smiling every single feet of the 30 miles.

-I can chop down huge logs with a hatchet just for the fun of it.

And btw there is not a single state in Canada, it's all provinces and territories
    WHO ARE YOU? CHUCK NORRIS........
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....

I build my own.
    I'm dating a college chick.

Huckin' trails
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    WHO ARE YOU? CHUCK NORRIS........
    Nah, I told you I'm from Canada.

I'm dating a college chick.
    Me too !

I build my own.
    Me too !
    I'm 55 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by David C
    Nah, I told you I'm from Canada.
    Me too!

Huckin' trails
    I'm 55 years old.
    I know a girl who went back to college at 56...

Hehe

I build my own.
    I know a girl who went back to college at 56...

Hehe
    My lady just turned 50. It still sounds cool "dating a college girl"

Huckin' trails
    It sure is. Did she made it for the cheerleader team this year ?

I build my own.
    It sure is. Did she made it for the cheerleader team this year ?
    Nope. XC MTB.

Name:  mudlake1.jpg
Views: 196
Size:  128.2 KB

XC MTB>Cheerleader

awesome man!
    I like to hug trees at FULL SPEED!

Huckin' trails
    Well at least she leads hehe

Carbon & Ti rule
    Nope. XC MTB.

Name:  mudlake1.jpg
Views: 196
Size:  128.2 KB
    Well I hope you have got her good MTB.

mtbr member
    Shame: ex-banker

Fame: stole some of the best talent for my clients as a renowned headhunter in Euro-zone.

Grew up in Qatar & was on a TV quizz show.

Met Charles & Diana visiting my school eons ago

Saw Charles again visiting my university

Saw Diana once more passing by in her car during traffic, I waved her a kiss! She smiled

Did a PostGrad averaging A's without a undergrad as I persuaded the school I would excel. Always been precocious.
    Last edited by wallstreet; 11-18-2012 at 02:36 AM.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast