Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    I build my own.
    I taught over 300 kids how to ride mountain bikes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xcisok View Post
    I would not think that is lame, Great work
    Ok, then I let them loose on a small town filled with old retired people.
    I have a device that can access the total knowledge of man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and argue with strangers.

I'm SUCH a square....
    Stood guard in a military family housing area in Europe, the day after the Libya strike of '86; full combat gear, M-16 on my shoulder, out in plain sight...with an empty magazine.

Some colonel decided that it was more risky that we might accidentally shoot some German local, than it was that WE would get shot. (Back then, there were young Euro political anarchists doing terrorism...recall the Red Brigade?)
    A bike is the only drug with no bad side effects....

Log off and go ride!
    Jul 2003
    I can move my eyes independently of each other.

I have died twice on an operating table.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    I can sit backwards on a bike and ride it! Weeee.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Wow a lot of great stuff here. As for
    me, I got nothing.

I build my own.
    I'm the first person ever to spend the night in the cells at the Saanich Police Station.
    I have a device that can access the total knowledge of man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and argue with strangers.

FKA Malibu412
    Quote Originally Posted by steiny View Post
    I can recite all 50 U.S. states in alphabetical order in just 30 seconds. Something I learned in the 4th grade and never forgot.
    Hey steiny, you should shoot a video and post it here in this thread. Lots here would love to see this.
    "I love the bike. It's my meditation. I think I'm bike-sexual." -Robin Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Malibu412 View Post
    Hey steiny, you should shoot a video and post it here in this thread. Lots here would love to see this.
    Pos repz if it's under 30sec. Neg repz if it's more. No pressure ;-)

FKA Malibu412
    Jeez 'licious, that's quite a celeb spot list! Rep for you when I can again.

In a former life, I was in home building and built a concrete walled home (v. conventional stick construction) for a local home builder's association show. The place took Best of Show and while under construction, it and I were featured on a local weekly TV news segment called Handy Randy. Went okay but Randy dude wouldn't give any clue to the types and line of questions so I couldn't prep any responses ahead of time. Made me pretty nervous to be on the spot like that.

Rod
    Endorphin Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by Shark View Post
    I was the first fat-bike rider at the Brown County Breakdown last year, and this year was the first to complete 100 miles on the fatty.

yippee!

oh yah, & I can juggle, balls & clubs!
    You must live pretty close by. I considered doing that, but I saw the price and I opted out.
    There is not much choice between rotten apples.

Dissolved member
    Wow, there is quite a bit of overlap between this and the "Bad decisions" thread

sympathy for society
    I lived in 13 countries in 9 years..with mailing addresses... The USPS effing hated me...
    "We can always find excuses if we want to find them, but if we really want to do something, we have to just go."

Rod
    Endorphin Junkie
    ^^^ Sometimes that happens.

As for me:

I won my first mountain bike race by 3 minutes and I didn't plan on racing. A friend talked me into it.
    I was valedictorian of my 8th grade class. (I discovered sports after this so I wasn't in high school.)
    I won all the 1 mile races in my district my junior year of track. I got sick at the regionals and got stomped. I have no medals or anything to show from this except for my old track uniform.
    Working on a 2nd Master's degree... should've just got a Ph.d.

lame claims
    Senior year the track team dissolved and I was looking forward to running then.
    I have flipped a bike forward going uphill on pavement.
    Been to the E.R. for landing on a broken windshield. I was playing football got pushed out of bounds, had to jump the sewer, ran into a metal post about 3 feet high, flipped over it, and landed in the windshield.
    I've been in a fight to protect a bluegill fish, I had caught, but another kid wanted to torture. You gotta have morals in life.
    There is not much choice between rotten apples.

Xtreme Lounger
    I didn't realize I had such a fan base. I do admit, the idea of having a cult following does have a certain appeal.

Just talking it out - I've never posted a video before ... anywhere. For a newb, would it be easier to just post on youtube (I don't have an account ... yet) and embed the link here, or can MTBR actually store/host certain video formats "locally"?

As far as video format, I have a Sony camera but it only stores in MP4 format ... which I understand is a bastard format. I also have a Logitech webcam. I haven't hooked it up yet, so maybe that allows recording in formats that youtube or others can host. What's a good movie format for internet sharing?

Finally, how do I convince people it's memorized versus reading from a script? I guess I could use something to cover my eyes but not my mouth? Maybe sunglasses with paper taped across them while I face the camera? Any suggestions on how to convince people that it's memorized?

Gumnut Peddler
    A couple of years ago I helped chase down a man who stole a purse from a pram.

He then hit me in the face with a large rock when I tackled him to the ground in a garden outside the shopping complex. It split my eyebrow open pretty bad.

The ladies partner quickly caught up. Even though I had blood pouring out of my head, it didnt stop me seeing the biggest arse whooping I have seen in my life. I dont think the theif expected to be caught, let alone completely dominated by the ladies partner.

Luckily the partner turned up, as I have only been in a handful of fights in my life, and this guy was almost double my size.

The thief was eventually taken away and the cops congratulated me. Apparently this low life had done this a couple of time previously over the last 2 weeks.

I now have a pretty cool scar, and ladies dig scars, right?

Oh, and just as equally exciting. I can blow up a water balloon with one breath.
    Last edited by Grinderz; 11-15-2012 at 07:39 PM.
    Burning fat, not oil.

FKA Malibu412
    steiny, I'd say the webcam idea would work then host it on YT. No smart phone? A blindfold and we'll know it's legit.

Xtreme Lounger
    steiny, I'd say the webcam idea would work then host it on YT. No smart phone? A blindfold and we'll know it's legit.
    Thanks. Dumb phone user here. I used my webcam to record a test movie and uploaded it to YT successfully tonight. I'm having trouble getting a good sound level, but other than that I'll try to record and post the main feature tomorrow.

Loves to suffer
    Quote Originally Posted by steiny View Post
    As far as video format, I have a Sony camera but it only stores in MP4 format ... which I understand is a bastard format. I also have a Logitech webcam. I haven't hooked it up yet, so maybe that allows recording in formats that youtube or others can host. What's a good movie format for internet sharing?
    If you're running Windows 7, the free Windows Live Movie Maker 2011 will edit .mp4 files without having to do any lossy or time-consuming conversions first. I use it all the time to edit the .mp4 files from my GoPro and Kodak Playsport Zx5 cameras. It works flawlessly.

YouTube works with .mp4, .wmv, .mov, and several other file types.

Carbon & Ti rule
    I have won many Race car champion ships, Also co driven in over 100 Car Rallys.

I still hold many Car race hill climb records.

Xtreme Lounger
    Quote Originally Posted by freighttrainuphill View Post
    If you're running Windows 7, the free Windows Live Movie Maker 2011 will edit .mp4 files without having to do any lossy or time-consuming conversions first. I use it all the time to edit the .mp4 files from my GoPro and Kodak Playsport Zx5 cameras. It works flawlessly.

YouTube works with .mp4, .wmv, .mov, and several other file types.
    Thanks for the tips. I have a bunch of MP4 movies on my camera that I may try to upload to YT at some point.

I Ride Bikes
    -My two greatest achievements are my two kids

-I was a badass in judo when I was a kid. I won many trophys and medals from numerous tournaments. My name still comes up in the local judo community to this day.

-I was always a semi-track star during that same time. I could run a 100m in 11 seconds and 400m in 47 seconds by the time I was 13yrs old. I usually took first for my age group in those events. I forget my 200m time, it wasn't my best sprint tbh. My triple jump and long jump was also impressive, but again I forget the exact distances. I usually placed though.

-I also played guitar/ukulele with a group. We won a couple of battle of the bands. One of them let us record a few tracks in a studio. 90% of my high school years was spent on playing/writing/composing music.

-Opened up for Eden's Crush and met Nicole Scherzinger and those other girls.

The lame stuff
    -Never got my black belt in judo. A chronic injury with both my shoulders sidelined me for the rest of my career. I was just a step away from getting it too at the age of 15. I do vow to get it one day though.

-I quit track during my sophomore year cause I didn't get along with the new coach who was a well known distance runner. I still ended up playing music at his wedding and getting paid too.
    I like to hug trees at FULL SPEED!

No Stranger to danger....
    Quote Originally Posted by Rod View Post
    ^^^ Sometimes that happens.

As for me:

I won my first mountain bike race by 3 minutes and I didn't plan on racing. A friend talked me into it.
    I was valedictorian of my 8th grade class. (I discovered sports after this so I wasn't in high school.)
    I won all the 1 mile races in my district my junior year of track. I got sick at the regionals and got stomped. I have no medals or anything to show from this except for my old track uniform.
    Working on a 2nd Master's degree... should've just got a Ph.d.

lame claims
    Senior year the track team dissolved and I was looking forward to running then.
    I have flipped a bike forward going uphill on pavement.
    Been to the E.R. for landing on a broken windshield. I was playing football got pushed out of bounds, had to jump the sewer, ran into a metal post about 3 feet high, flipped over it, and landed in the windshield.
    I've been in a fight to protect a bluegill fish, I had caught, but another kid wanted to torture. You gotta have morals in life.
    ''Ive been in a fight to protect a bluegill fish i had caught, but another kid wanted to torture''
    I knew there was a reason why i like you hot rod, magic stuff mate, love your work.

And ''Grinderz, top notch effort mate taking the thief down n gettin rocked in the face for it, thats what i expect from a fellow ozzy.....
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    I got soccer kicked and had the **** beaten out of me by Wanderlei Silva. Twice.
    And the next time he comes to town I'm going to sign up for his seminars and get my ass kicked again.

Xtreme Lounger
    Ask and ye shall receive. My first YT video ... Yee Haw!

barely a mtbr
    I've lived a pretty active life--hockey since age 6 into college and adult leagues, soccer, snowboarding since 1988 before we were allowed on the ski hill we'd ride down the streets and outdoor amphitheater, bikes, skateboards, race cars, raced three wheelers before they were banned, stand up jet-skis, been hit by two cars and have been in one head-on car crash that severely injured people in another vehicle, water ski, wakeboard, and countless other dangerous activities.

Many stitches, probable concussions, whiplash, sprained ankle, etc.

I hate to say this and jinx myself.......

I have never, ever broken a single bone in my body. Don't tell anyone.
    92.7% of statistics are made up on the spot.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast