Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 101 to 182 of 182
  1. #101
    Terrain Sculptor
    Reputation: Trail Ninja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4,686
    How the hell do I always end up at the top of page 2?
    Quote Originally Posted by Trail Ninja's Son
    You may be happy to hear that my dad has kicked cancer's ass. Now he's looking for whoever sent it.

  2. #102
    Terrain Sculptor
    Reputation: Trail Ninja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4,686
    awesome. Bet you can't name Canada's states in under 30 sec
    Quote Originally Posted by steiny View Post
    I'd place money on that bet. Now, if we can just find someone who thinks I can do it, we can split that fool's money.
    I'll give them all day to just name one.

    Oh wait, I forgot... Alaska.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trail Ninja's Son
    You may be happy to hear that my dad has kicked cancer's ass. Now he's looking for whoever sent it.

  3. #103
    I dd what you see there.
    Reputation: XLNC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    717
    Quote Originally Posted by Trail Ninja View Post
    I'll give them all day to just name one.
    Nevermind Canadia's states - 90% of Americans and 75% of Torontonians are quite surprised when they learn that there are OTHER cities in Canada besides Toronto.....
    2002 Cannondale Jekyll 800
    2011 Trek Cronus CX Ultimate

  4. #104
    Terrain Sculptor
    Reputation: Trail Ninja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4,686
    Quote Originally Posted by XLNC View Post
    Nevermind Canadia's states - 90% of Americans and 75% of Torontonians are quite surprised when they learn that there are OTHER cities in Canada besides Toronto.....
    At least you can convince the Americans that it's true.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trail Ninja's Son
    You may be happy to hear that my dad has kicked cancer's ass. Now he's looking for whoever sent it.

  5. #105
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    6,542
    Fame:

    • I was interviewed on the local news in elementary school, talking about the new playground they built. The anchors had a fun time when I said it was "Rad".

    • I was on the Disney Channel, interviewed when Al Gore was talking about the environment (back in the Clinton/Gore era). Never got the meet the VP, though

    • I was a news anchor for a local highschool news thing called "High School Beat" Junior year in highschool.

    • I am on 0:16 on the music video for Smashmouth "Then the Morning Comes".

    • When I was bodybuilding, I won "Mr. Santa Cruz".

    • I have two US design patents for a Karaoke Machine and microphone, that won numerous design awards, and was featured as giveaways on shows like the Rosie O'Donnell Show and other daytime shows.

    • I was featured in my local paper (Santa Cruz Sentinel) for my design success.

    • I produced, directed and wrote an animated cartoon show (that never got picked up - but I shopped it around for years)

    • I started a local SuperMoto MC that was featured in a motorcycle rag. It went viral, and "chapters" went as far as Indonesia.

    Shame:

    My 30's have been full-of-fail, missed opportunities and "almost made it" type scenarios. With all the fun and interesting stuff that's happened to me before, I'm a little disappointed with what has become of me. Decisions have been made out of necessity rather than love passion - except getting married. The repercussions of taking the creative risks I took before are too great to attempt.

    I'm hoping my 40's will be better, but I doubt it. I was looking forward to raising a family - but that's gone.

  6. #106
    On wuss patrol
    Reputation: Glide the Clyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4,959
    Quote Originally Posted by Dion View Post
    My 30's have been full-of-fail, missed opportunities and "almost made it" type scenarios. ...I'm hoping my 40's will be better, but I doubt it. I was looking forward to raising a family - but that's gone.
    Adopt? You seem to be pretty passionate about family and having your own to raise.

    My 40s have been my "missed opportunity" years. I was kickin' it in the ass in my 30s. My 50s have to get better or I'll be living in my car down by the river by the time I'm 60.
    Sometimes, you need to go fast enough that the trail is a blur to find clarity. -- Wild Bill

  7. #107
    Rabid Lana fan
    Reputation: net wurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    8,685
    I can see "SpaceCamp" from one of my local trails.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lame Claims to Fame and Shame ?-rocket.jpg  

    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt I here
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt II here

  8. #108
    bust a move
    Reputation: 2ridealot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,978
    Quote Originally Posted by net wurker View Post
    I can see "SpaceCamp" from one of my local trails.
    I watched those saturn V rockets take off as a kid. They would make the water in the intracostal waterway ripple about 10 miles from the pad.
    Falling down is part of LIFE…Getting back up is LIVING…

  9. #109
    Rabid Lana fan
    Reputation: net wurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    8,685
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ridealot View Post
    I watched those saturn V rockets take off as a kid. They would make the water in the intracostal waterway ripple about 10 miles from the pad.
    Me too! I grew up in Orlando. I remember as a little kid, we could see them pretty good on the clear nights when they did night launches.

    We drove over to the coast to watch a night shuttle launch once. I'm glad we did, cool memory.
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt I here
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt II here

  10. #110
    Rod
    Rod is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Rod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    5,017
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    ''Ive been in a fight to protect a bluegill fish i had caught, but another kid wanted to torture''
    I knew there was a reason why i like you hot rod, magic stuff mate, love your work.

    And ''Grinderz, top notch effort mate taking the thief down n gettin rocked in the face for it, thats what i expect from a fellow ozzy.....
    Ty Tone. I was in middle school when that happened. Sometimes I still think we're barbarians.
    There is not much choice between rotten apples.

  11. #111
    Sup
    Reputation: Burnt-Orange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,696
    I have hammer toes and can pick up chit off the floor without bending down
    I have terrible spelling and grammar "true story"
    and I got 2 dingo biscuits


    Sj
    I am slow therefore I am

  12. #112
    Huckin' trails
    Reputation: David C's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    5,863
    Hummm... Let's see if I can remember shjt I did those past 20 years...

    -Been a spokesperson for Montreal's scholar board to a national congress.

    -Won 2008 MD state Rockfish fishing tournament.

    -Bulleye on my first shot ever at 100 yards with a 30-06.

    -Never broke any bones or had serious medical issues due to accidents or non-natural causes.

    -I can rock a bike that weight 3/8 of my own weight. And climb it up 1000ft high.

    -I can do 10+ squats with someone heavier than me on my back.

    -I can eat as many as 5 full sized meals in a day when I get a good ride and still be hungry. And of course never put weight on, no matter what.

    -If I keep only my right eye open, I can see triple. It's called monocular diplopia and it's very rare to happen when you're young and have a 20/20 vision. I might get an entry in the medical books a some point for this.

    -I can pick almost any locks.

    -After a potentially deadly crash OTB where I landed on top of my head, the only injury was a scar on my right elbow in the shape of a music note. No neck or head pain at all.

    -A few years ago, I was one of the most known and top player of FPS online, and had many gaming clans offering me high position in their ranks. I think I'm like #2 in two of them and I had my own tactical squad that was very controversial because I recruited many high players from different clans and we were just kickin' ass everywhere

    -Many persons have qualified me as being one of the most handsome guy they ever met, and a few of them were actually my bosses and teachers. Others simply say I'm one of the most interesting man out there. At least I'm not the one who claim it

    -I did 50km as a mechanic volunteer for a cycling event on a big 40lbs DH bike with all the tools, food and supplies last June, and managed to start from the end of the peleton and finish about 45 minutes ahead of other riders who left before me, even with many stops for repairs and help. My ass was in a world of pain, but I was smiling every single feet of the 30 miles.

    -I can chop down huge logs with a hatchet just for the fun of it.

    And btw there is not a single state in Canada, it's all provinces and territories
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB28 View Post
    topless. that's what all mtb girls do. we go ride, get topless, have pillow fights in the woods, scissor, then ride home!

  13. #113
    Huckin' trails
    Reputation: David C's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    5,863
    Oh, and like SlowerJoe, I can also pick up pretty much anything with my toes, from a screwdriver to a sheet of paper.
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB28 View Post
    topless. that's what all mtb girls do. we go ride, get topless, have pillow fights in the woods, scissor, then ride home!

  14. #114
    No Stranger to danger....
    Reputation: Tone's's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,596
    Quote Originally Posted by David C View Post
    Hummm... Let's see if I can remember shjt I did those past 20 years...

    -Been a spokesperson for Montreal's scholar board to a national congress.

    -Won 2008 MD state Rockfish fishing tournament.

    -Bulleye on my first shot ever at 100 yards with a 30-06.

    -Never broke any bones or had serious medical issues due to accidents or non-natural causes.

    -I can rock a bike that weight 3/8 of my own weight. And climb it up 1000ft high.

    -I can do 10+ squats with someone heavier than me on my back.

    -I can eat as many as 5 full sized meals in a day when I get a good ride and still be hungry. And of course never put weight on, no matter what.

    -If I keep only my right eye open, I can see triple. It's called monocular diplopia and it's very rare to happen when you're young and have a 20/20 vision. I might get an entry in the medical books a some point for this.

    -I can pick almost any locks.

    -After a potentially deadly crash OTB where I landed on top of my head, the only injury was a scar on my right elbow in the shape of a music note. No neck or head pain at all.

    -A few years ago, I was one of the most known and top player of FPS online, and had many gaming clans offering me high position in their ranks. I think I'm like #2 in two of them and I had my own tactical squad that was very controversial because I recruited many high players from different clans and we were just kickin' ass everywhere

    -Many persons have qualified me as being one of the most handsome guy they ever met, and a few of them were actually my bosses and teachers. Others simply say I'm one of the most interesting man out there. At least I'm not the one who claim it

    -I did 50km as a mechanic volunteer for a cycling event on a big 40lbs DH bike with all the tools, food and supplies last June, and managed to start from the end of the peleton and finish about 45 minutes ahead of other riders who left before me, even with many stops for repairs and help. My ass was in a world of pain, but I was smiling every single feet of the 30 miles.

    -I can chop down huge logs with a hatchet just for the fun of it.

    And btw there is not a single state in Canada, it's all provinces and territories
    WHO ARE YOU? CHUCK NORRIS........
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....

  15. #115
    Terrain Sculptor
    Reputation: Trail Ninja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4,686
    I'm dating a college chick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trail Ninja's Son
    You may be happy to hear that my dad has kicked cancer's ass. Now he's looking for whoever sent it.

  16. #116
    Huckin' trails
    Reputation: David C's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    5,863
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    WHO ARE YOU? CHUCK NORRIS........
    Nah, I told you I'm from Canada.






    Quote Originally Posted by Trail Ninja View Post
    I'm dating a college chick.
    Me too !
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB28 View Post
    topless. that's what all mtb girls do. we go ride, get topless, have pillow fights in the woods, scissor, then ride home!

  17. #117
    Terrain Sculptor
    Reputation: Trail Ninja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4,686
    Quote Originally Posted by David C View Post
    Me too !
    I'm 55 years old.

    Quote Originally Posted by David C
    Nah, I told you I'm from Canada.
    Me too!
    Quote Originally Posted by Trail Ninja's Son
    You may be happy to hear that my dad has kicked cancer's ass. Now he's looking for whoever sent it.

  18. #118
    Huckin' trails
    Reputation: David C's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    5,863
    Quote Originally Posted by Trail Ninja View Post
    I'm 55 years old.
    I know a girl who went back to college at 56...




    Hehe
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB28 View Post
    topless. that's what all mtb girls do. we go ride, get topless, have pillow fights in the woods, scissor, then ride home!

  19. #119
    Terrain Sculptor
    Reputation: Trail Ninja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4,686
    Quote Originally Posted by David C View Post
    I know a girl who went back to college at 56...




    Hehe
    My lady just turned 50. It still sounds cool "dating a college girl"
    Quote Originally Posted by Trail Ninja's Son
    You may be happy to hear that my dad has kicked cancer's ass. Now he's looking for whoever sent it.

  20. #120
    Huckin' trails
    Reputation: David C's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    5,863
    It sure is. Did she made it for the cheerleader team this year ?
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB28 View Post
    topless. that's what all mtb girls do. we go ride, get topless, have pillow fights in the woods, scissor, then ride home!

  21. #121
    Terrain Sculptor
    Reputation: Trail Ninja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4,686
    Quote Originally Posted by David C View Post
    It sure is. Did she made it for the cheerleader team this year ?
    Nope. XC MTB.

    Name:  mudlake1.jpg
Views: 204
Size:  128.2 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by Trail Ninja's Son
    You may be happy to hear that my dad has kicked cancer's ass. Now he's looking for whoever sent it.

  22. #122
    I Ride Bikes
    Reputation: Mazukea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,746
    XC MTB>Cheerleader


    awesome man!
    I like to hug trees at FULL SPEED!
    INSTAGRAM -> hawaii808MTB
    FACEBOOK -> Big Island Mountain Biking

  23. #123
    Huckin' trails
    Reputation: David C's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    5,863
    Well at least she leads hehe
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB28 View Post
    topless. that's what all mtb girls do. we go ride, get topless, have pillow fights in the woods, scissor, then ride home!

  24. #124
    Carbon & Ti rule
    Reputation: muzzanic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    5,406
    Quote Originally Posted by Trail Ninja View Post
    Nope. XC MTB.

    Name:  mudlake1.jpg
Views: 204
Size:  128.2 KB
    Well I hope you have got her good MTB.
    I have a 6 Berth Motorhome that I rent out . It is based in Tauranga, New Zealand

  25. #125
    mtbr member
    Reputation: wallstreet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    347
    Shame: ex-banker

    Fame: stole some of the best talent for my clients as a renowned headhunter in Euro-zone.

    Grew up in Qatar & was on a TV quizz show.

    Met Charles & Diana visiting my school eons ago

    Saw Charles again visiting my university

    Saw Diana once more passing by in her car during traffic, I waved her a kiss! She smiled

    Did a PostGrad averaging A's without a undergrad as I persuaded the school I would excel. Always been precocious.
    Last edited by wallstreet; 11-18-2012 at 03:36 AM.

  26. #126
    humber river advocate
    Reputation: singlesprocket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    6,374
    Quote Originally Posted by Dion View Post
    Fame:

    • I was interviewed on the local news in elementary school, talking about the new playground they built. The anchors had a fun time when I said it was "Rad".

    • I was on the Disney Channel, interviewed when Al Gore was talking about the environment (back in the Clinton/Gore era). Never got the meet the VP, though

    • I was a news anchor for a local highschool news thing called "High School Beat" Junior year in highschool.

    • I am on 0:16 on the music video for Smashmouth "Then the Morning Comes".

    • When I was bodybuilding, I won "Mr. Santa Cruz".

    • I have two US design patents for a Karaoke Machine and microphone, that won numerous design awards, and was featured as giveaways on shows like the Rosie O'Donnell Show and other daytime shows.

    • I was featured in my local paper (Santa Cruz Sentinel) for my design success.

    • I produced, directed and wrote an animated cartoon show (that never got picked up - but I shopped it around for years)

    • I started a local SuperMoto MC that was featured in a motorcycle rag. It went viral, and "chapters" went as far as Indonesia.

    Shame:

    My 30's have been full-of-fail, missed opportunities and "almost made it" type scenarios. With all the fun and interesting stuff that's happened to me before, I'm a little disappointed with what has become of me. Decisions have been made out of necessity rather than love passion - except getting married. The repercussions of taking the creative risks I took before are too great to attempt.

    I'm hoping my 40's will be better, but I doubt it. I was looking forward to raising a family - but that's gone.
    awesome dion!
    broadcasting from
    "the vinyl basement"

    build trail!

  27. #127
    No Stranger to danger....
    Reputation: Tone's's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,596
    ^^^ Dion, ''high school Beat'' sounds like it could be some sort of gay porno, anything you wanna tell us Dion?
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....

  28. #128
    mtbr member
    Reputation: wallstreet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    347
    Dion: what we grow is our wisdom in knowing how to take risks, I would suggest you adopt you are still young. You forgot to emphasis that you still remain with the same woman and this a great accomplishment whilst most have not.

    Since 2008 crisis & the multiple falls in the global climate I have noticed a change in much of the 1st world. I visited India where there are haves (rich few)& have-nots (poor), the have-nots in their shanti shacks have no water, no basics that we take granted but they certainly show huge warmth & smiles without the stresses out 1st world show.

    Life is about sharing memories no matter what what ages we pass. The inner peace will grow if we bypass the challenges that this world gifts us. the beauty is as eternal as our perceptions of it as we ride through soldiers of forests and walk into the paths glimpsing mountains of hope.

    My mother had a simple tenet, be happy, happy that there is a roof overhead and food on the table. The basics, giving generously to those worthy. Her mother had the same tenet and lived until over 100.

  29. #129
    No Stranger to danger....
    Reputation: Tone's's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,596
    What you talkin bout Willis?? ^^
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....

  30. #130
    Terrain Sculptor
    Reputation: Trail Ninja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4,686
    Quote Originally Posted by muzzanic View Post
    Well I hope you have got her good MTB.
    Bought this for her yesterday. She likes it so that makes it a good MTB.
    Lame Claims to Fame and Shame ?-charger9.jpg

    Also keeps her from "borrowing" mine.

    Lame Claims to Fame and Shame ?-facebook1.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Trail Ninja's Son
    You may be happy to hear that my dad has kicked cancer's ass. Now he's looking for whoever sent it.

  31. #131
    No Stranger to danger....
    Reputation: Tone's's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,596
    Nice bike Ninja, shes gonna love that mate, nice one, and mate i see your battin above your average with your loverly lady, well done mate
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....

  32. #132
    mtbr member
    Reputation: wallstreet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    347
    Tone: agreed too young for Ninja

  33. #133
    No Stranger to danger....
    Reputation: Tone's's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,596
    LOL Wallstreet, i wasnt meanin to young, just to pretty, Ninja looks like hes out of a zombie movie with that big scar on his neck, looks like hes been attacked by a Lion thats escaped from a zoo
    only jokin ninja, i actually find you a very attractive man
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....

  34. #134
    Terrain Sculptor
    Reputation: Trail Ninja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4,686
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    only jokin ninja, i actually find you a very attractive man
    Um.... OK. That's nice....

    ... I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trail Ninja's Son
    You may be happy to hear that my dad has kicked cancer's ass. Now he's looking for whoever sent it.

  35. #135
    "2 Wycked"
    Reputation: crazy03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    986
    I marched in Ronald Reagan's funeral procession at the National Mall in D.C. I was in the Marine formation. I still have the white leather gloves and the white belt and brass buckle I used for it.
    Ahhhh...Ahhhh....it's the hammy, it's the hammy!!

  36. #136
    mtbr member
    Reputation: phattruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    440
    Fame:

    When I was 16 I could ollie 4 skateboards stacked on there sides as well as bunny hop them.

    I broke 5 minutes in the mile when I was a sophomore in HS.

    I drove my Audi through Grants Pass at 2:00am @ 135mph without a ticket.

    Shame:

    It took me 11 years to get a two year degree.

    I've dislocated my knees a half a doezen times each.

    I love to watch golf on TV and my family hates it.
    The Truth will set you free.

    ....but it might offend you first!

  37. #137
    meow meow
    Reputation: b-kul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    10,622
    i clearly have the best avatar on mtbr.

  38. #138
    I Ride Bikes
    Reputation: Mazukea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,746
    ^^^you certainly do rank in the top 5.
    I like to hug trees at FULL SPEED!
    INSTAGRAM -> hawaii808MTB
    FACEBOOK -> Big Island Mountain Biking

  39. #139
    Terrain Sculptor
    Reputation: Trail Ninja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4,686
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    Nice bike Ninja, shes gonna love that mate, nice one, and mate i see your battin above your average with your loverly lady, well done mate
    I've been chasing this girl for 40 years & I've never had a restraining order yet. I think she likes me. I'm pretty sure I know what she sees in me. See my first post in this thread.
    We're both married to other people at the moment. She actually lives with her husband.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trail Ninja's Son
    You may be happy to hear that my dad has kicked cancer's ass. Now he's looking for whoever sent it.

  40. #140
    Always in the wrong gear
    Reputation: Coondog#77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    518
    Quote Originally Posted by resuretsiger View Post
    Fame = I have this uncanny ability to sense future occurrences.

    Shame = I don't "listen" very well, and it sneaks up on me.
    Is the first generally followed by the latter? Irony!!!

  41. #141
    barely a mtbr
    Reputation: jk13's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    165
    Quote Originally Posted by jk13 View Post
    I hate to say this and jinx myself.......

    I have never, ever broken a single bone in my body. Don't tell anyone.
    Yep, I quoted myself. And yep, jinxed it real good. Not for me though, but for my son. Freshman in High School, made it through hockey try-outs, got on the team, and broke his freakin' collarbone the first day of practice. Out for four weeks.

    He broke it last Wed. and skated every day until today when we went for X-rays. First time he teared up was when she told him the news.



    FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU............
    92.7% of statistics are made up on the spot.

  42. #142
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Tystevens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,826
    Ummm, let's see:

    * First athlete to make the "900 pound club" at my high school (combination of bench, squat, and power clean max lifts). Ok, a few other guys made it the same year (first year of the 'club'), but I had weight training first period, and they had it 7th period, so I was technically first!

    * showered with Josh Duhamel (of Transformers fame, other movies) on numerous occasions. No, don't get carried away -- he was on my high school football team (or I should say I was on his team -- he was the stud senior QB and I was a scrub Frosh). He was actually quite the athlete in high school -- starting QB in football and forward on the bball team.

    * found a dead body in a cave, my picture made the front page of a Chilean national newspaper for the discovery. Slow news day, I guess ...

    * my fried oysters and coconut shrimp (my own tweaked recipes, more or less) were specifically mentioned as "excellent" in Zagats when they reviewed the restaurant in which I was working.

    * 4th cousin to Mitt Romney. I'm actually relieved he didn't win -- having the Secret Service follow me around all the time would have been a real pain.

    Pretty lame submission, I know ... but it's all I got.
    '11 Specialized Enduro Expert for the trails
    '13 Felt Z4 for the road

  43. #143
    Talk to me, Goose.
    Reputation: BatCountry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    121
    Fame

    - Performed with the new Glen Miller Orchestra, Count Basie Orchestra, and Cab Calloway's late daughter. Performed in a sold out stadium venue.

    - I am oddly amazing at guessing the weight of something by picking it up.

    Lame.. I mean.. Shame

    - I've been known to claim that my personal Venetian Mask collection is my child's..

    - I've been busted on multiple occasions watching Phineas and Ferb.. even when my child isn't home.
    We can't stop here, this is bat country..

  44. #144
    Formerly mtbnoobadam
    Reputation: Adam_B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    695
    -When I was 6 while canoeing with my parents I found the body of a man who killed himself by jumping off an old dam.

    -Accidentally burned the neighbor's garage to the ground when me and their son were burning random crap next to it. I think I was like 9 or 10 when that happened.

    -Went to high school with Jack Black's little sister

    -Was suspended my senior year in high school for flashing "the goat" to the girls softball team bus from a rival town when our track team bus was stopped next to them.

    -Went to college on academic scholarship and lost the scholarship my first semester because I was partying too much. 3 MIPs (minor in possession) in less than 3 months. (definitely not a proud moment in my life)

    -In 2006 while in Baghdad I was picked with several other Soldiers to have lunch with Donald Rumsfeld to give him our opinion of the war in Iraq. I was given a coin for my "brutal honesty" <- Rumsfeld's words

    -I'm pretty sure my bones are made of adamantium because I have never broken a single one and I've put my body through some horrific **** playing football, snowboarding, racing bmx, riding moto x, mountain biking ...

    -I only have one kidney
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbles
    That depends. Can you go fvck yourself?

  45. #145
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    323
    Tagged along with my girlfriend to a Reel Big Fish concert in Pennsylvania (2002ish?) and we ended up partying with the band in their hotel all night. Still not a fan but they were super nice guys and didn't bang my girlfriend (though she did end up banging a dude from Goldfinger for a couple years after we split up. Also, I'm going to be on the cover of the Brown County Breakdown Souvenir book this year oh yea!

  46. #146
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    323
    Also, was suspended from High School for taking a dump in a urinal like the Amish dude from "Kingpin."

  47. #147
    EDR
    Reputation: eatdrinkride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    9,084
    Quote Originally Posted by 2fargon View Post
    Also, was suspended from High School for taking a dump in a urinal like the Amish dude from "Kingpin."
    I was suspended from high school as well when I was called out of class to the Vice Principals office. She asked me if I was "high". I was so stoned said, "yes", it was all I could think of to say.

    For the record I haven't been high in 20 some odd years. "Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

  48. #148
    Always in the wrong gear
    Reputation: Coondog#77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    518

    Pics!!!

    I have had numerous comment's saying, "PICS OR IT DIDN"T HAPPEN!" Well I come to deliver. I'm no Gene Simons, but this is what I've got!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lame Claims to Fame and Shame ?-tounge.jpg  


  49. #149
    I Ride Bikes
    Reputation: Mazukea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,746
    ^^photoshopped.
    I like to hug trees at FULL SPEED!
    INSTAGRAM -> hawaii808MTB
    FACEBOOK -> Big Island Mountain Biking

  50. #150
    Always in the wrong gear
    Reputation: Coondog#77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    518
    No sir. All natural! But most don't believe it in person either.

  51. #151
    I Ride Bikes
    Reputation: Mazukea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,746
    I've been trying to do this. I've come to the conclusion that your nose is closer to your mouth, when compared to a normal human, by at least 1/2".

    Professor X will be calling you soon.

    Lol.
    I like to hug trees at FULL SPEED!
    INSTAGRAM -> hawaii808MTB
    FACEBOOK -> Big Island Mountain Biking

  52. #152
    Clyde on a mission!
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    719
    Quote Originally Posted by steiny View Post
    Ask and ye shall receive. My first YT video ... Yee Haw!
    Awesome, now I could make it my claim to fame to check that your list was actually alphabetic, but I'd rather make my claim to fame that I'm too lazy to do even that..

  53. #153
    Terrain Sculptor
    Reputation: Trail Ninja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4,686
    Quote Originally Posted by coondog#77 View Post
    i have had numerous comment's saying, "pics or it didn"t happen!" well i come to deliver. I'm no gene simons, but this is what i've got!
    Since my decapitation surgery, I can't do this anymore. It was longer than Gene Simmons.
    Lame Claims to Fame and Shame ?-p08-12-11_18-17%5B2%5D.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Trail Ninja's Son
    You may be happy to hear that my dad has kicked cancer's ass. Now he's looking for whoever sent it.

  54. #154
    Terrain Sculptor
    Reputation: Trail Ninja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4,686
    Quote Originally Posted by Coondog#77 View Post
    No sir. All natural! But most don't believe it in person either.
    Did you ever pick one person at a party and do that to them? When they go "Holy Crap! Did you see that!" you pretend you don't know what they're talking about. Then you keep doing it all night. Never show anybody else, just that one person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trail Ninja's Son
    You may be happy to hear that my dad has kicked cancer's ass. Now he's looking for whoever sent it.

  55. #155
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    323
    Quote Originally Posted by eatdrinkride View Post
    I was suspended from high school as well when I was called out of class to the Vice Principals office. She asked me if I was "high". I was so stoned said, "yes", it was all I could think of to say.

    For the record I haven't been high in 20 some odd years. "Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son."
    Haha when I was called into the principal's office for the urinal incident, he leaned back in his chair with his arms behind his head and his exact words were "So, Mr. Hardy, you're not the so-called "una-dumper" we're looking for?" I was actually suspended for lying about it and not cleaning the urinal as another student saw me do it. I finally fessed up to my parents during my suspension and they laughed hysterically. The following year, I was dating the girl who would later be "the one who broke my heart" and one day when her and I were walking to my car, a student from her class walked up and said "Aren't you the dude who crapped in the urinal?!" What can I say? It seemed like a good idea at the time. I'm just waiting for someone to bring it up on facebook.

  56. #156
    mtbr member
    Reputation: wallstreet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    347
    In highschool I let off all the smoke bombs year end my last year ever! Last day! I was a prefect too (monitor)

    I dropped stink bombs too & never got caught, left what looked like dried poo (fake) shocking the teachers and joining in on scene saying "oh that's awful no I didn't see anyone do that at all. Let's look this way,"

  57. #157
    ******
    Reputation: monzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,990
    Most public schools can be completely dismantled with a Phillips screwdriver. A friend of mine and I spent an entire year taking just enough screws out of things that they stayed together but were really flimsy. At the end of it, all of the desk tops could rotate, most doors were held up by two screws and various windows, handrails and other accessories were little more than useless. Still have the bag of screws somewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    Id scrap the passion forum all together, its a breeding ground for unicorn milkers, rainbow chasers and candy cotton farters.

  58. #158
    Terrain Sculptor
    Reputation: Trail Ninja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4,686
    Quote Originally Posted by monzie View Post
    Most public schools can be completely dismantled with a Phillips screwdriver. A friend of mine and I spent an entire year taking just enough screws out of things that they stayed together but were really flimsy. At the end of it, all of the desk tops could rotate, most doors were held up by two screws and various windows, handrails and other accessories were little more than useless. Still have the bag of screws somewhere.
    That's creativity!

    The best I did was put all the desks in the art class out the window, so when the teacher showed up, her class was sitting politely on the front lawn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trail Ninja's Son
    You may be happy to hear that my dad has kicked cancer's ass. Now he's looking for whoever sent it.

  59. #159
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    6,542
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    ^^^ Dion, ''high school Beat'' sounds like it could be some sort of gay porno, anything you wanna tell us Dion?
    The title "High School Beat" epitomizes the late 80's/early 90's. There were a lot of "teen" shows that had that flavor. Check out "Home Turf" highlighting some guys I rode with once awhile back then Still friends with Pete Brandt and a few of these guys.

    At 5:50, was my favorite thing in the whole world back in the day - the fakie tree ride. I loved doing those at this park.


  60. #160
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,397
    Monzie that is great. Props to
    you.

  61. #161
    Rabid Lana fan
    Reputation: net wurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    8,685
    Monzie's debauchery is glamorous.
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt I here
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt II here

  62. #162
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    6,542
    Shame: Went shopping at Walmart. Spent $145

    Fame: Went to Whole Foods afterward. Parked next to former UFC Heavyweight Champion, Cain Velasquez. Dude had a nice Beemer.

    My wife was, like, "He was just walking around Whole Foods and shopping by himself?" and I said, "What... is somebody going to beat him up and steal his money?"

  63. #163
    since 4/10/2009
    Reputation: Harold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    20,602
    As a freshman in college, my dorm had a pretty ridiculous resident coordinator (i guess any adult who chooses to live with a bunch of college kids has to be kinda off anyway), and we sought ways to drive her insane.

    We did the screw removal thing on her favorite bulletin boards. First we'd loosen them, then slowly we removed them one by one in the middle of the night until the board was left hanging by a single loose screw.

    Once we actually stole the bulletin board, which made her cry.

    Other things we did had nothing to do with her.

    I lived in a coed dorm that was divided by floor. 2 guys floors and 3 girls floors. The guys floors had prank competitions. The 1st floor guys stole a traffic control sawhorse that campus security used and they put the 12ft 2x6 through a tiny vent in the wall and into the showers. Took awhile to find the vent they used to get it in there.

    As payback, a couple of friends and I used a desk and some duct tape to barricade the showers and seal a shower curtain around the desk and seal the drains. We used that big 2x6 to reinforce the desk and filled the first shower stall with about 4ft of water, blocking access to the other stalls.

    I made a sailboat from soda bottles for flair and put it in there. Unfortunately it didn't hold till morning but through some odd circumstance, the huge volume of water managed to back up every single shower drain so there were a few inches of standing water back there. It appears most of the overflow went into the urinals which were flush with the floor.

    I got hauled to the dean for keeping a small propane camping grill in my dorm. I managed to talk my way out of a fine and academic probation and into an essay instead, which I wrote with a heavily smarta$$ overtone. The dean took it without another word. Lol.

    We did a bunch of random goofy crap, too, that most folks wouldn't think was amusing in the slightest. It was a "you had to be there" sort of thing. We heavily abused the campus mail system sending each other random packages with stale food, bricks, a vacuum, and things we'd steal from each other. Sadly that all ended after 9/11 as the campus mailroom took seriously guidelines about "suspicious" packages that the usps issued. Our random packages to each other applied to almost all of the items on the list. Stains, odd smells, no return address, strange noises, shady packaging, etc so we stopped before things got serious. That was a sad day when we had that discussion

  64. #164
    mtbr member
    Reputation: wallstreet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    347
    Quote Originally Posted by Dion View Post
    The title "High School Beat" epitomizes the late 80's/early 90's. There were a lot of "teen" shows that had that flavor. Check out "Home Turf" highlighting some guys I rode with once awhile back then Still friends with Pete Brandt and a few of these guys.

    At 5:50, was my favorite thing in the whole world back in the day - the fakie tree ride. I loved doing those at this park.

    Wow. Cool video. That's my age showing I had a BMX with white plastic wheels, gutted that I gave it up! It was perfect until it was given away in 98!

    I lost the guts to do tricks but not the passion to ride

  65. #165
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    29,577
    After 40 years of when this McDonald's "Big Mac" commercial was popular I still have the lyrics memorized. And can sing them in 5 seconds.
    "Two all beef patties special sauce,lettuce, cheese, pickles,onions on a sesame seed bun"

    1975 McDonalds Commercial Two All Beef Patties Special Sauce Lettuce.... - YouTube
    <iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dK2qBbDn5W0?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    And an interesting history on the Burger and the catchy "jingle".
    Big Mac - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Last edited by DIRTJUNKIE; 11-22-2012 at 08:18 PM.
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)
    ************^^^^¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqpcBpSsj1A

  66. #166
    Terrain Sculptor
    Reputation: Trail Ninja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4,686
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE, View Post
    After 40 years of when this McDonald's "Big Mac" commercial was popular I still have the lyrics memorized. And can sing them in 5 seconds.
    "Two all beef patties special sauce,lettuce, cheese, pickles,onions all on a sesame seed bun"

    1975 McDonalds Commercial Two All Beef Patties Special Sauce Lettuce.... - YouTube

    And an interesting history on the Burger and the catchy "jingle".
    Big Mac - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    I can do that backwards. Not in 5 seconds. Too many people I knew memorized it forwards.
    bun, seed, sesame...

    I also have Alice's Restaurant, Balad of the Uneasy Rider, and several other popular story songs of the day memorized.

    It's funny how your brain works. I didn't recite Alice's Restaurant for over 20 years and was still able to remember every word.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trail Ninja's Son
    You may be happy to hear that my dad has kicked cancer's ass. Now he's looking for whoever sent it.

  67. #167
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    6,542
    Quote Originally Posted by wallstreet View Post
    Wow. Cool video. That's my age showing I had a BMX with white plastic wheels, gutted that I gave it up! It was perfect until it was given away in 98!

    I lost the guts to do tricks but not the passion to ride
    I still ride flatland BMX (I'm 38)! It's like bike handling boot camp

    Even as an adult, having some sort of BMX, BMX cruiser or dirt jumper is great to have. More mountain bikers ought to consider these "kids bikes"!

  68. #168
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    29,577
    Quote Originally Posted by Trail Ninja View Post
    I can do that backwards. Not in 5 seconds. Too many people I knew memorized it forwards.
    bun, seed, sesame...

    I also have Alice's Restaurant, Balad of the Uneasy Rider, and several other popular story songs of the day memorized.

    It's funny how your brain works. I didn't recite Alice's Restaurant for over 20 years and was still able to remember every word.
    "Backwards" Oh yeah ya gotta out do me huh!
    And you're right about how your brain works. I can recall my phone number and a couple of my best friends phone #'s from my youth. Some 40 years ago and my address of that time. But I have a hard time remembering things from just 5 years ago.
    Ha,ha Alice's restaurant that show was a crack up. Remind me of the owners name, he was hilarious.
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)
    ************^^^^¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqpcBpSsj1A

  69. #169
    Terrain Sculptor
    Reputation: Trail Ninja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4,686
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE, View Post
    "Backwards" Oh yeah ya gotta out do me huh!
    And you're right about how your brain works. I can recall my phone number and a couple of my best friends phone #'s from my youth. Some 40 years ago and my address of that time. But I have a hard time remembering things from just 5 years ago.
    Ha,ha Alice's restaurant that show was a crack up. Remind me of the owners name, he was hilarious.
    Ray and Alice owned the restaurant. Arlo Guthrie wrote the song and also played himself in the movie. It was based on a true story.
    Arlo is one of my favorite artists.

    Memory story:
    Last year I applied for an Ontario drivers license after living in BC for 30 years. At the counter they asked if I'd ever had a drivers license in Ontario before. I was able to recite my 15 digit license number. It scared the crap out of me that I was using up valuable brain space for that number.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trail Ninja's Son
    You may be happy to hear that my dad has kicked cancer's ass. Now he's looking for whoever sent it.

  70. #170
    Terrain Sculptor
    Reputation: Trail Ninja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4,686
    reported ^^^
    How does a spammer get 28 posts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Trail Ninja's Son
    You may be happy to hear that my dad has kicked cancer's ass. Now he's looking for whoever sent it.

  71. #171
    mtbr member
    Reputation: AGarcia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    431
    I was the first motorcycle rider to ever crash at Chuckwalla Valley Raceway when it opened in April, 2010. The resulting crash photo's were pretty spectacular. So much so, that I made the cover of the June 2010 Road Racing World and a two-page spread on the "Crash Page."

    The photos also went viral on the internet. If you do an internet search for "anatomy of a highside" you will see the photos linked on lots of websites, some of which are unrelated to motorcycle racing.

    https://www.google.com/#hl=en&tbo=d&...w=1280&bih=589

  72. #172
    On wuss patrol
    Reputation: Glide the Clyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4,959
    Quote Originally Posted by AGarcia View Post
    I was the first motorcycle rider to ever crash at Chuckwalla Valley Raceway when it opened in April, 2010. The resulting crash photo's were pretty spectacular.
    Dude, even though you were standing near your broken bike and giving the thumbs up, that looks freakin' painful and terrifying. Glad you came out pretty much okay.
    Sometimes, you need to go fast enough that the trail is a blur to find clarity. -- Wild Bill

  73. #173
    Terrain Sculptor
    Reputation: Trail Ninja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4,686
    ^^ reported
    Quote Originally Posted by Trail Ninja's Son
    You may be happy to hear that my dad has kicked cancer's ass. Now he's looking for whoever sent it.

  74. #174
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    323
    Can someone explain why these guys spam like this? ^^ Trying to get post counts up to post bogus classifieds ads or something??

  75. #175
    ******
    Reputation: monzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,990
    ^^Reported.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    Id scrap the passion forum all together, its a breeding ground for unicorn milkers, rainbow chasers and candy cotton farters.

  76. #176
    Terrain Sculptor
    Reputation: Trail Ninja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4,686
    reported^
    Quote Originally Posted by Trail Ninja's Son
    You may be happy to hear that my dad has kicked cancer's ass. Now he's looking for whoever sent it.

  77. #177
    Terrain Sculptor
    Reputation: Trail Ninja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4,686
    Quote Originally Posted by 2fargon View Post
    Can someone explain why these guys spam like this? ^^ Trying to get post counts up to post bogus classifieds ads or something??
    Pretty much. After a few posts they can start threads and post links.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trail Ninja's Son
    You may be happy to hear that my dad has kicked cancer's ass. Now he's looking for whoever sent it.

  78. #178
    Bro
    Bro is offline
    Content from my avatar
    Reputation: Bro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4,356
    Quote Originally Posted by AGarcia View Post
    I was the first motorcycle rider to ever crash at Chuckwalla Valley Raceway when it opened in April, 2010. The resulting crash photo's were pretty spectacular. So much so, that I made the cover of the June 2010 Road Racing World and a two-page spread on the "Crash Page."
    This you? Really good photo -- someone needs to Photoshop Hucking Kitty somewhere in there.

    Sometimes, I question the value of my content.

  79. #179
    Terrain Sculptor
    Reputation: Trail Ninja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4,686
    Quote Originally Posted by erik1245 View Post
    This you? Really good photo -- someone needs to Photoshop Hucking Kitty somewhere in there.
    Image saved. When I can upload again, I'll do something with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trail Ninja's Son
    You may be happy to hear that my dad has kicked cancer's ass. Now he's looking for whoever sent it.

  80. #180
    mtbr member
    Reputation: AGarcia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    431
    Quote Originally Posted by Malibu412 View Post
    Dude, even though you were standing near your broken bike and giving the thumbs up, that looks freakin' painful and terrifying. Glad you came out pretty much okay.
    Thanks! I turned out ok. It really wasn't that painful, it happened so fast. I just fractured my fibula a little. I limped around for a while and raced a few weeks later.

    Funny thing though if someone asked me to suit up then to jump out of a car a 100 mph, I would say "no way." Yet, it's often not bad if you crash with your gear on while at the track. Don't get me wrong, I've broken a lot of bones over the years. But still... Not so bad.

    I guess I am a bit stupid...

  81. #181
    mtbr member
    Reputation: AGarcia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    431
    Quote Originally Posted by erik1245 View Post
    This you? Really good photo -- someone needs to Photoshop Hucking Kitty somewhere in there.

    Yep! That's me

  82. #182
    ride more
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,623
    Great pic !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •