Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Front Range, Colorado

The Ice Cream Thread...

What's your favoriye ice cream brands and flavors. I must,admit,I'm kind of a snob when it,comes to ice cream I like the higher end brands. I love dark chocolate and if it's mixed with vanilla that's the best. Or chocolate and peanut butter yummy. My new addiction is Haagen - Dazs Gelato Stracciatella, which is Italian style. It is a vanilla sweet cream ice cream with dark chocolate shavings throughout. Awesome! They also have a dark chocolate Gelato ice cream with dark chocolate chunks mixed in. Another newfound favorite of mine. What's yours?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Ice Cream Thread...-image.jpg  

Last edited by DIRTJUNKIE; 11-28-2013 at 10:58 AM.
    --------- __o
    ------- _`\<,_
    ------ (*)/ (*)
    ************^^^^^^^^^Rock Garden

T.W.O.
    Haagen dazs Belgian Chocolate. Does gelato count? yes! Hazelnut gelato hoo hoo.

For the rest of the TV time, I like Nestle chocolate drumstick with peanuts, oh yeah!

mtbr member
    I like espresso chip, but it makes a lousy late night snack.

Chubby Hubby from B&J's is extremely dangerous, so I don't go there but once every couple of years.

I'm waiting for some national brand to make a pumpkin and chocolate chip ice cream. They come out with pumpkin every fall but leave out the chips.

When in doubt, mint chocolate chip.
    You're so cute internet tough guy. Noogie...Noogie...Noogie.

mtbr member
    Haagen Dazs / Dryers Chocolate or Neapolitan that comes in that gallon plastic bucket

I used to work at a Strauss Organic Creamery out in Tomales. They started to make Vanilla , Chocolate and Blackberry Ice Cream by the pint. I'd bring home milk crate fulls of Ice Cream... then have one whole pint a night.

Not good for weight loss

T.W.O.
    I do Lindemans Framboise with Belgian Chocolate float sometimes, the best way to get drunk

I also love the softserve rocky road at The Pond, Dodger stadium, etc, they are way over priced but so damn good.

AZ
    banned
    I'm not picky, there is no brand that is safe. Rocky Road is my favorite. I was going to start this very thread a few days ago, must be the heat.

mtbr member

The Ice Cream Thread...

Quote Originally Posted by mimi1885 View Post
    I do Lindemans Framboise with Belgian Chocolate float sometimes, the best way to get drunk
    Vanilla ice cream scooped into a smoked
    Porter or a Russian Imperial Stout.
    I do a home brewed RIS with raspberries that is awesome for floats.
    Its all Shits and Giggles until somebody Giggles and Shits

Ohh Gnarly!!
    Fudge swirl.Just finished off a bowl.

High Desert MTBer
    Had some home made salted caramel at the Love Apple in Taos at the weekend. A gazillion oralgasms... Otherwise, Frost in Tucson does great gelato, salted caramel again, rum and raisin or pistachio my faves. In the store for a healthier option, So Delicious coconut milk ice cream is very good!
    It's all Here. Now.

T.W.O.
    Quote Originally Posted by rockerc View Post
    Had some home made salted caramel at the Love Apple in Taos at the weekend. A gazillion oralgasms... Otherwise, Frost in Tucson does great gelato, salted caramel again, rum and raisin or pistachio my faves. In the store for a healthier option, So Delicious coconut milk ice cream is very good!
    I know salty sweet has become so popular now, I just came back from Fisco, my wife and I had a pound of Chinese sausage cookie, it's like chewy chocolate chip cookie but with Chinese pork sausage. Man! it was awesome!!!

mtbr member
    Love to polish of a pint of Ben and Jerrys Chunky Monkey just about every night after a big ride. Hey I earned it!
    UGG boots will germinate Paris Hilton like intellect in your soles!

Flaccid Member
    Mint and Chip.
    "i'll brazilian when YOU do boy, right around the ol' rusty star. Actually, whole fruit bowl. Get on it!" NicoleB

mtbr member

Re: The Ice Cream Thread...

Coconut Bliss. Non dairy, non soy, made of coconut milk and shredded coconut. Low sugar and high fat. Just a perfect, super tasty and healthy snack. Love it every night for the last 2 weeks.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Is there such a thing as bad ice cream? Its all good to me, but I
    still like chocolate almond, and chocolate chip the best.

duh
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty $anchez View Post
    I'm not picky, there is no brand that is safe. Rocky Road is my favorite. I was going to start this very thread a few days ago, must be the heat.
    Rocky Road was my dads favourite from Basin and Robins.

It doesn't really matter what the make is. But I love DQ Blizzards
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    the big aussie rep bomb is comin your way

Front Range, Colorado
    Bad ice cream...... no!
    But is there such thing as too much ice cream?

Several years ago my girlfriend and I went to my brothers house for a BBQ. His GF has an 8 year old daughter. My sister was in town with my 8 year old niece. So my girl friend and I take the two 8 year old girls to the local ice cream shop Frostys. I tell them get what you want. My niece orders a large vanilla cone. So of course the other girl orders the same. So we're waiting and all the cones come out. We hand them out and all of a sudden my brothers girlfriends daughter let's out a whine and starts crying. We are like "what's wrong honey" she say's crying and whaling "it's too big" I look at my girlfriend and we started laughing having never heard a kid say that about ice cream, especially before even one bite. Of course I had to throw a joke out to my girl friend saying "she sounds just like you baby". To this day that whole incident comes up in laughter between us.
    --------- __o
    ------- _`\<,_
    ------ (*)/ (*)

pin it
    The best tasting "ice cream" for me is gelato

Gelato is made from milk and all natural ingredients, which makes it substantially denser.

We go to a local spot called La Paloma. I don't eat any dairy so my choices are limited but they make a Soy version that you can't tell the difference, according to my local foodies.

This place also has 20 different non-dairy fruit flavours and ice cream for diabetics!

My favorite is chocolate hazelnut

La Paloma
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

Front Range, Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclelicious View Post

Gelato is made from milk and all natural ingredients, which makes it substantially denser.

We go to a local spot called La Paloma. I don't eat any dairy so my choices are limited but they make a Soy version that you can't tell the difference, according to my local foodies.

This place also has 20 different non-dairy fruit flavours and ice cream for diabetics!

La Paloma
    Some good stuff!
    Judy if you saw my initial post the Gelato is my new favorite. Here ya go from my other post >> I love dark chocolate and if it's mixed with vanilla that's the best. Or chocolate and peanut butter yummy. My new addiction is Haagen - Dazs Gelato Stracciatella, which is Italian style. It is a vanilla sweet cream ice cream with dark chocolate shavings throughout. Awesome! They also have a dark chocolate Gelato ice cream with dark chocolate chunks mixed in. Another newfound favorite of mine.
    --------- __o
    ------- _`\<,_
    ------ (*)/ (*)

humber river advocate
    second la paloma! one of the best gelato's in the world

La Paloma
    Support TORBA
    Sunnyside Bike Park Working Group
    Albion Hills Conservation Area Master Plan Public Advisory Committee

High Desert MTBer
    Not wanting to rain on the parade, but for bad ice cream, warm gelato... yes, it is as horrible as it sounds. I tried some in Turin one time... nasty nasty nasty!
    It's all Here. Now.

Front Range, Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by singlesprocket View Post
    second la paloma! one of the best gelato's in the world
    If you like that check out the new Haagen - Dazs Gelato line. Awesome!
    --------- __o
    ------- _`\<,_
    ------ (*)/ (*)

mtbr member
    Speaking of too much, some of the B&J's flavors just have too much chunky stuff in it. I don't buy ice cream to eat a candy bar.
    You're so cute internet tough guy. Noogie...Noogie...Noogie.

official eMpTyBRain
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty $anchez View Post
    Rocky Road, huh? And your user name is Dirty $anchez?

I think D$ might be opening up to us all a little bit here today.

My all time favorite is Choclate Chip. Doesn't matta what brand. I also love RiteAid's Pistachio Nut. I also like BR's Jamoca Almond Fudge. Can never go wrong with plain old vanilla, too.
    ...and proud member of the anti-sock puppet desolation

pin it
    Quote Originally Posted by rockerc View Post
    Not wanting to rain on the parade, but for bad ice cream, warm gelato... yes, it is as horrible as it sounds. I tried some in Turin one time... nasty nasty nasty!
    So it was melted gelato on that Shroud of Turin... I knew it! Fake fake fake!
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

psycho cyclo addict

The Ice Cream Thread...

La Paloma
    +1 around the Washignton, DC area, Carmen's has the best gelato. Salted carmel is other worldly. Their lemon gelato has real bits of rind in it! I also get a hankering for lime green with vanilla ice cream here and there as well.
    【ツ】 eDub 【ツ】

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast