Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 53
  1. #1
    I like turtles
    Reputation: TiGeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    5,797

    How is Obamacare affecting your coverage next year? Facts only please.

    Just interested in some facts about how the ACA is affecting folks' coverage for next year. Our company just sent out our open enrollment letter for 2014. My portion of my health insurance premium went up 1%...less than it went up last year. Coverage stays the same. We are a 150+ person company. I not interesting in your speculation about how it will affect your premiums/coverage or your political take on the matter....just the facts' mam'!
    Geologist by trade...bicycle mechanic (former) by the grace of God!

    2012 Specialized Stumpy EVO 29 HT

  2. #2
    Meatbomb
    Reputation: Phillbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    5,638
    7% increase for the same plan as last year. No clue if the increase is due to the ACA.

  3. #3
    NMBP
    Reputation: crashtestdummy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2,181
    The first fact should be that it is really called the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.
    Riding Fat and still just as fast as I never was.

  4. #4
    I'm just messing with you
    Reputation: wv_bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    5,424
    I've been working for nigh on 40 years now and my insurance cost has always increased at renewal.
    Chasing bears through the woods drunk with a dull hatchet is strongly not advised

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Hawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    24,395
    My health ins company has new coverage levels to work along with the dumb Obuma Care laws. Their highest coverage level (no deductible/low copay) is what is closest to my current coverage (but not quite exactly as good) and it's about $100 cheaper per month than if I stick with the Grandfathered coverage with 2014 increases. Not exactly sure which route I'm gonna take just yet but leaning toward the new program since they have stated that Grandfathered policies may not be offered again next year.

  6. #6
    banned
    Reputation: random walk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,666
    I won't know until mid-Oct. when benefit elections begin.

    We have not had a rate increase passed to the employees for at least 2 years now. If there is one for next year, I doubt it can all be attributed to the ACA.

  7. #7
    I'm just messing with you
    Reputation: wv_bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    5,424
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    My health ins company has new coverage levels to work along with the dumb Obuma Care laws. Their highest coverage level (no deductible/low copay) is what is closest to my current coverage (but not quite exactly as good) and it's about $100 cheaper per month than if I stick with the Grandfathered coverage with 2014 increases. Not exactly sure which route I'm gonna take just yet but leaning toward the new program since they have stated that Grandfathered policies may not be offered again next year.

    So the dumb Obuma Care laws are saving you money? Got it.
    Chasing bears through the woods drunk with a dull hatchet is strongly not advised

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Hawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    24,395
    Quote Originally Posted by wv_bob View Post
    So the dumb Obuma Care laws are saving you money? Got it.
    Saving me a little out of pocket on a monthly basis, yes. Some things are a little more expensive, some are a little cheaper. For example, an ER visit will be $150 with the new plan vs. $100 with the old plan. Generic drug prescriptions will be $5 with the new plan, vs. $10 with the old plan. Out of pocket annual expenses are up a few thousand with a the new plan. Office visits are a little cheaper with the new plan vs the old... and so on.

  9. #9
    aka: Bucky Fikes
    Reputation: Oh My Sack!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,951
    We're getting hammered. Our deductible increased $1000 dollars/year and our premiums went up about $2000/year. That is a massive hit to our current economic situation and it leaves us with very little discretionary spending money.

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,331
    Quote Originally Posted by Oh My Sack! View Post
    We're getting hammered. Our deductible increased $1000 dollars/year and our premiums went up about $2000/year. That is a massive hit to our current economic situation and it leaves us with very little discretionary spending money.
    Wow, where do you live? What level of change does that represent?

  11. #11
    aka: Bucky Fikes
    Reputation: Oh My Sack!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,951
    Central Coast of California. I'd have to do the math for percent of change based on previous costs. I haven't bothered. Our level of coverage has not changed, our Rx and visit copays remain the same, $8 and $20 repectively. The only new perk that I am aware of is we just found out I can do 24 Chiro visits a year at a $5 copay, 100% coverage. BTW...we're with United Healthcare through my wife's school district...she's a High School Teacher.

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Vespasianus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    4,454
    Quote Originally Posted by Oh My Sack! View Post
    Central Coast of California. I'd have to do the math for percent of change based on previous costs. I haven't bothered. Our level of coverage has not changed, our Rx and visit copays remain the same, $8 and $20 repectively. The only new perk that I am aware of is we just found out I can do 24 Chiro visits a year at a $5 copay, 100% coverage. BTW...we're with United Healthcare through my wife's school district...she's a High School Teacher.
    Honestly, your change in health care has little to do with the ACA and more do to with the change in teacher benefits. I bet the overall cost of the insurance has not changed but rather the amount you pay has.

    The whole point of AMA is to get more poor people to pay for private insurance. In doing so, private insurance will try to limit what it raises on the rest of us. They get more customers and we stop seeing 20% increases in our insurance year by year.
    On MTBR, the reputation is infamous.

  13. #13
    aka: Bucky Fikes
    Reputation: Oh My Sack!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,951
    Uhhhh....No. This is a new contract with a new insurance provider because of extreme cost increases. My wife sits on a committee that oversees these negotiations. Health care went UP significantly across the board this past year with ACA requirements. The district was forced to pay more and like everything, the sh*t just rolls downhill and guess who ultimately ALWAYS pays the price for it? We do.

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Vespasianus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    4,454
    Quote Originally Posted by Oh My Sack! View Post
    Uhhhh....No. This is a new contract with a new insurance provider because of extreme cost increases. My wife sits on a committee that oversees these negotiations. Health care went UP significantly across the board this past year with ACA requirements. The district was forced to pay more and like everything, the sh*t just rolls downhill and guess who ultimately ALWAYS pays the price for it? We do.
    Sorry but I am really a little confused by this. How is this insurance negotiated? At a school level, at a district level, at a state level?

    Also, in California the state pays 80-90% of all the health care costs. But if your costs increased by $2000 that would make the total cost for health insurance (what you and the employer pay) ridiculously high.I new California was expensive but man, oh man!
    On MTBR, the reputation is infamous.

  15. #15
    Sup
    Reputation: Burnt-Orange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,696
    I want Obamacare
    his plan
    the one HE has
    that would kick A$$

    crap this almost sounds like politics
    think I am in the wrong forum
    opps
    I am slow therefore I am

  16. #16
    thread crapper
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    754
    We haven't seen what that's going to be yet, and won't until almost Thanksgiving probably. I do know that they cut my wife's student loan reimbursement in half, "to be able to cover the healthcare changes". They also told her last year she would not get a raise and this year gave her a 2% pay increase, which factors to about $900 a year. She went to school, got a doctorate and had everyone tell her healthcare was the place to go. We're seeing it changing very quickly now.

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1,025
    We just got our notification letter about 2 weeks ago from our current provider, I'm self employed and we have high deductible with an HSA for a family of four. Our new 'most similar' plan starting Jan 1st is 77% more per month, up from $419 (which is very cheap compared to other places we shopped) to the mid $700s, there's no cheaper option. Maternity care is included (mandatory), -we have already taken steps to make sure we don't have more kids, dental and vision are included too, but co-pays are around 40% iirc. As near as I can honestly figure, my actual costs will go up about $3,000 next year. I had hoped to buy a new race bike

  18. #18
    I like turtles
    Reputation: TiGeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    5,797
    Quote Originally Posted by jimPacNW View Post
    We just got our notification letter about 2 weeks ago from our current provider, I'm self employed and we have high deductible with an HSA for a family of four. Our new 'most similar' plan starting Jan 1st is 77% more per month, up from $419 (which is very cheap compared to other places we shopped) to the mid $700s, there's no cheaper option. Maternity care is included (mandatory), -we have already taken steps to make sure we don't have more kids, dental and vision are included too, but co-pays are around 40% iirc. As near as I can honestly figure, my actual costs will go up about $3,000 next year. I had hoped to buy a new race bike
    Have you factored in the tax credit you are supposed to get into these amounts?
    Geologist by trade...bicycle mechanic (former) by the grace of God!

    2012 Specialized Stumpy EVO 29 HT

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1,025
    I'll ask my cpa about it, I'll see him for quarterlies this month. I'm sure it's complicated with the HSA, that's likely affected somehow.

  20. #20
    High Desert MTBer
    Reputation: rockerc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4,850
    Just seems to me that most people don't have a clue how they will be affected by all this. I certainly do not, and do not have the time to try and figure it all out. What I do know is that my health insurance premium rises steadily each year and has done since I took it out. 3 years ago it was $414 per month for me, now it is $100 a month more. I also don't think many insurance professionals know exactly what is entailed... one of my pals here has his own insurance agency, and he will not go near health insurance right now as he says he does not know enough about it, and doesn't have the time to learn. Why does it all have to be so fukkin complicated? Is it just so the average Joe/Jane cannot grasp the intricacies so the insurance companies can gouge them without the client knowing how?
    I know in the UK when I had health insurance there, it was simple: You got sick, they paid; you got injured, they paid; you didn't need a friggin degree in law to figure anything out, and they didn't renege on what you thought you might be covered for when you needed it. I totally agree with affordable health care for everyone, and if making everyone get insurance is workable and affordable, then go for it... just fercrissakes make it UNDERSTANDABLE for all!!!
    It's all Here. Now.

  21. #21
    AZ
    AZ is offline
    banned
    Reputation: AZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    19,201
    "Obama Care" is designed to fail.

  22. #22
    Live 2 Ride
    Reputation: Kona0197's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    5,946
    Looks like since I have no income I get health care for free. Looked into it the other day.
    My Bike: '15 Trek FX 7.2
    My Blog: http://http://kona0197.wordpress.com/

  23. #23
    AZ
    AZ is offline
    banned
    Reputation: AZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    19,201
    Quote Originally Posted by Kona0197 View Post
    Looks like since I have no income I get health care for free. Looked into it the other day.



    No, its not free. Those of us that do have income are footing the bill for yours.

  24. #24
    Big Mac
    Reputation: mbmb65's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,671

    How is Obamacare affecting your coverage next year? Facts only please.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kona0197 View Post
    Looks like since I have no income I get health care for free. Looked into it the other day.
    Really? Tell me how you do it, get fired so much. Then I'll "lose" my job and become a nonproductive, dirt bag and get on the government tit too!

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Vespasianus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    4,454
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty $anchez View Post
    No, its not free. Those of us that do have income are footing the bill for yours.
    As we did last year and the year before and the year before that. The difference is that now, we will pay less.
    On MTBR, the reputation is infamous.

  26. #26
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,267
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespasianus View Post
    As we did last year and the year before and the year before that. The difference is that now, we will pay less.



    Show us how "we" will pay less. Me thinks you've had too much Koolaid.

  27. #27
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,267
    Quote Originally Posted by Kona0197 View Post
    Looks like since I have no income I get health care for free. Looked into it the other day.


    Nothing is free except your freeloading. If I was as unproductive as you I would end it.

  28. #28
    AZ
    AZ is offline
    banned
    Reputation: AZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    19,201
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespasianus View Post
    As we did last year and the year before and the year before that. The difference is that now, we will pay less.


    By most accounts, "we" will be paying much more.

  29. #29
    High Desert MTBer
    Reputation: rockerc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4,850
    ... Like I said, no one seems to understand all this...

    The bottom line with everything still seems to be that ultimately we all pay somehow, whether thru taxes or thru insurance premiums, the question is how much do we, or should we all pay?

    The 'unproductive freeloaders' might just be unlucky or unemployable for some reason not their fault. Perhaps we should not be too quick too judge.
    It's all Here. Now.

  30. #30
    Live 2 Ride
    Reputation: Kona0197's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    5,946
    The 'unproductive freeloaders' might just be unlucky or unemployable for some reason not their fault.
    Exactly. Thank you.
    My Bike: '15 Trek FX 7.2
    My Blog: http://http://kona0197.wordpress.com/

  31. #31
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Vespasianus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    4,454
    Quote Originally Posted by floydlippencott View Post
    Show us how "we" will pay less. Me thinks you've had too much Koolaid.
    When an uninsured person goes to the ER or the hospital for any reason, he is billed at a full rate. That payment is guarantied by the government. We have paid that for years. The idea is that by getting that person on insurance, the cost will be lower. That is the reason the OMB has determined that the ACA will be budget neutral. Me thinks you have too much radio.
    On MTBR, the reputation is infamous.

  32. #32
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Vespasianus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    4,454
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty $anchez View Post
    By most accounts, "we" will be paying much more.
    By whose account? Fox, Forbes, CNN, your next door neighbor with a GED? The only credible source has been the OMB.

    Just because your insurance goes up, it does not necessarily mean it is related to the ACA.
    On MTBR, the reputation is infamous.

  33. #33
    AZ
    AZ is offline
    banned
    Reputation: AZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    19,201
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespasianus View Post

    Just because your insurance goes up, it does not necessarily mean it is related to the ACA.




    MMmmmmmmmmmmmmmkay. Yeah, the families that are paying triple for family coverage will be glad to know that the ACA wasn't why their rates were tripled. Can we tell them it is a tax on Unicorns?

  34. #34
    mtbr member
    Reputation: 53119's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    3,276
    if you are not signed up with a plan thru an employer or the gov't marketplace i believe you are subject to a monthly fine. how does one that is unemployed pay a fine all the while recieving free healthcare? simple. the ones of us who have jobs/businesses pay more taxes to cover it. I'm sure there are sections that cover what qualifies for the poverty line for individual and families who probably can qualify to recieve a subsidy. so you gotta raise taxes against working folks to cover that too. i just try to follow the math and not the politics. if you work for a living it looks like bad math to me. my best effort of trying to get some facts. it'll probably vary state to state too. ?

    getting a job at the IRS would probably give excellent job security right now. they're the only police that can handout fines for taxes, right? who else can oversee this program to collect its funding?

  35. #35
    NMBP
    Reputation: crashtestdummy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2,181
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty $anchez View Post
    MMmmmmmmmmmmmmmkay. Yeah, the families that are paying triple for family coverage will be glad to know that the ACA wasn't why their rates were tripled. Can we tell them it is a tax on Unicorns?
    Do you have real citations, or did you hear it on the radio?

    My health insurance goes up every year, while what and how much gets covered goes down every year. And yet every year the insurance companies make higher and higher profits. The ACA may not be perfect, but at least it's a step in a positive direction.
    Riding Fat and still just as fast as I never was.

  36. #36
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Ivan67's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    213
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty $anchez View Post
    MMmmmmmmmmmmmmmkay. Yeah, the families that are paying triple for family coverage will be glad to know that the ACA wasn't why their rates were tripled. Can we tell them it is a tax on Unicorns?
    If I heard the word unicorn come out of our governments mouth I first would not be shocked and second I am sure there would be money involved in their plan when speaking about unicorns. Infact Dirty Sanchez you may have screwed it up already, because I think the Sock Monkey as we speak is in the Rider Down forum selling something. So as soon as he sees your unicorn idea there will be a press conference for sure tonight.
    De oppresso liber

  37. #37
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,267
    Quote Originally Posted by Kona0197 View Post
    Exactly. Thank you.



    Dude, being habitually unemployable is not a reason. Freeloading is freeloading. How do you feed yourself? Pay your rent without a job? Pay taxes? Feed the kids you probably shouldn't have? This isn't the first time, you yourself posted that you have been fired from every job you ever held. Getting shit canned from every Mc Donalds and Taco Bell has got to be good for gangster cred but in real life you suck at it and I'm sick and tired of paying taxes to support losers and posers like you. Thanks for the neg. rep. by the way, you can expect much of in return. Go get a job and quit sucking hind tit.

  38. #38
    Live 2 Ride
    Reputation: Kona0197's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    5,946
    I don't even know where to start because everything you said was wrong in so many ways. I am not a freeloader. And you deserved the negative rep.
    My Bike: '15 Trek FX 7.2
    My Blog: http://http://kona0197.wordpress.com/

  39. #39
    Stand-up philosopher
    Reputation: drwx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    423

    Re: How is Obamacare affecting your coverage next year? Facts only please.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vespasianus View Post
    When an uninsured person goes to the ER or the hospital for any reason, he is billed at a full rate. That payment is guarantied by the government. We have paid that for years. The idea is that by getting that person on insurance, the cost will be lower. That is the reason the OMB has determined that the ACA will be budget neutral. Me thinks you have too much radio.
    That's not true. They bill at the full rate but often times negotiate it down to whatever the patient can pay.

    I've worked in IT in healthcare for several years. I've supported the systems and users that are responsible for reducing the patients bills. For the hospitals, any amount of money from the patient is going to be easier to collect than going through a collection agency.

    --
    Stephen
    --
    stephen


    no one can appreciate the poor misunderstood

  40. #40
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    4,211
    My insurance didn't change this year, as far as I can tell. I think the benefit of not having to worry about being thrown off because I get sick is worth paying a bit extra for. I also might like keeping my kids insured until they are 26, if I had children that age. There are some other perks with ACA that would make reasonable hikes tolerable to me.

    Through my work, in the past I have 8-9 different plan options available at variable rates and coverages. They are confusing to interpret, and talking to the provider is often more confusing. When billed, I'm often asked to pay for things I believed would be covered. They system was fraudulent, confusing, and a disaster as it was. I'm not saying ACA is the answer, but the status quo was unacceptable too. We'll see how this Romneycare works out nationwide.

    Can anyone explain to me the tax break offsets that are meant to help defray costs. As I understand it, those tax breaks will only be available to those who sign up for one of the ACA plans. For those who have insurance through work, the tax breaks aren't available, right?

  41. #41
    AZ
    AZ is offline
    banned
    Reputation: AZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    19,201
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow Danger View Post
    For those who have insurance through work, the tax breaks aren't available, right?


    I believe that you'll be taxed for having a "Cadillac" plan, no?

  42. #42
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    4,211
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty $anchez View Post
    I believe that you'll be taxed for having a "Cadillac" plan, no?
    Sorry, DS, I'm feeling thicker than normal tonight, are you saying that folks who get one of the higher end plans through their employer are getting hit with a government tax that other employee based plans aren't due directly to ACA? I was under the impression that employer provided health plans are independent from ACA plans, other than ACA will end up influencing costs either positively or negatively.

  43. #43
    aka: Bucky Fikes
    Reputation: Oh My Sack!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,951
    I recall reading that we would be taxed based on the value of that plan like it was income. I have to chat with my CPA on that issue to confirm.

  44. #44
    Live 2 Ride
    Reputation: Kona0197's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    5,946
    Speaking of just the facts I found out from the local news site that the fine for not getting coverage is 1 percent of your taxable income or 98 dollars, what ever amount is higher.
    My Bike: '15 Trek FX 7.2
    My Blog: http://http://kona0197.wordpress.com/

  45. #45
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,149
    Quote Originally Posted by Kona0197 View Post
    Speaking of just the facts I found out from the local news site that the fine for not getting coverage is 1 percent of your taxable income or 98 dollars, what ever amount is higher.
    You might want to get a better source. ehealthinsurance.com

    The tax penalties go into effect in 2014, which means, if you’re uninsured for more than three months in 2014, you may incur the tax penalty and that penalty would be applied when you file your 2014 income tax return.

    If you don’t qualify for an exemption to the Affordable Care Act’s mandate to purchase qualifying health coverage, then you will be subject to a tax penalty.

    The penalty is phased-in over a three year period.

    In 2014, the penalty will be the greater of 1.0% of taxable income or $95 per adult and $47.50 per child (up to $285 per family).

    In 2015, the penalty will be the greater of 2.0% of taxable income or $325 per adult and $162.50 per child (up to $975 per family).

    In 2016, the penalty will be at the greater of 2.5% of taxable income or $695 per adult and $347.50 per child (up to $$2,085 per family).

    After 2016, the penalty will be increased annually by the increase to the cost-of-living.

    Households with incomes above 400% of FPL will be exempt from paying tax penalties if insurance in their area costs more than 8% of their taxable income, after taking into account employer contributions or tax credits.

    People will be able to apply for exemptions to the tax penalty if

    1 they have financial hardships,
    2 religious objections,
    3 if they’re an American Indian,
    4 if they’re uninsured for less than three months,
    5 if they’re an undocumented immigrant,
    6 if they’re incarcerated.

  46. #46
    Live 2 Ride
    Reputation: Kona0197's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    5,946
    In 2014, the penalty will be the greater of 1.0% of taxable income or $95 per adult and $47.50 per child (up to $285 per family).
    So I was off by a few dollars. Sorry.
    My Bike: '15 Trek FX 7.2
    My Blog: http://http://kona0197.wordpress.com/

  47. #47
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,277
    My health care is going up almost 30%, and I think
    that sucks.

  48. #48
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    7,939
    Quote Originally Posted by crashtestdummy View Post
    Do you have real citations, or did you hear it on the radio?

    My health insurance goes up every year, while what and how much gets covered goes down every year. And yet every year the insurance companies make higher and higher profits. The ACA may not be perfect, but at least it's a step in a positive direction.
    Please tell me what insurance companies are making higher and higher profits, so that I can invest heavily in them and get fat dividends paid to me quarterly.
    .

  49. #49
    I like turtles
    Reputation: TiGeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    5,797
    And so it begins...

    Common folks...just state what your change has been and if it has been related directly to the ACA 2014. Not what you think it will be...not what people on TV think it will be...what it actually is for YOU.
    Geologist by trade...bicycle mechanic (former) by the grace of God!

    2012 Specialized Stumpy EVO 29 HT

  50. #50
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    2,786
    I'll let you know as soon as Healthcare.gov will verify my ID. After 7 days, an extrodinary number of online attempts and numerous calls to both healthcare.gov and Experian Verification Services, I was once again told today that I can't be verified or attempt to set up a new account due to systems down/not working correctly.

    I now call it Obama-no-care.

    My individual insurance went up another 20%.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Just the Facts
    By Boyonabyke in forum Off Camber (off topic)
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 04-02-2013, 06:52 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •