Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Ride More, Whine Less

How low will you go?

I just walked the dog and thought it felt brisk. I checked the temperature and apparently we are without a temperature. If it were one degree colder, I would suit up for a bike around the block just to do it. At zero, meh.

How low will you go?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1356879262.555746.jpg

official eMpTyBRain
    Well, since you had a wind chill factor that brought it down below zero (-9), you shoulda gone.
    ...and proud member of the anti-sock puppet desolation

I build my own.
    I'd wear a hat at those temperatures. The coldest it's been here so far is about 5. That was at night.
    I have a device that can access the total knowledge of man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and argue with strangers.

Is not amused
    Isn't that cold here but, the wind is up there right now.

12303 Weather, Current Conditions and Temperature - weather.com
    Yip yip yip nope nope nope

DIY all the way
    I guess it's a matter of what you're used to.

Back when I worked as a MTB coach in Latvia, 0F would mean a regular training day.

Now that I'm back in Denmark, I go boo-hoo when it gets much below 25F.
    The first winter back here was nice though, as I hardly felt the cold.
    For the time being, I spend a fair bit of time in southern France. They think they're about to die when it hits 32F

Magura

No Stranger to danger....
    what the hells going on over there, you guys must have done something bad in a past life for it to be so cold, lol, id die in that sort of cold.....
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....

DIY all the way
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    what the hells going on over there, you guys must have done something bad in a past life for it to be so cold, lol, id die in that sort of cold.....
    See guys, this is what the French sounds like at 32F

Magura

Ride More, Whine Less
    Tone's, man up and stick your head in the freezer for a bit. It feels refreshing.

I'm your density
    On my hike yesterday it started out in the 30s. I had to blow warm air into my hands once or twice.
    "Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left."
    — Ty Webb

I'm with Tone's. That is just straight up ridiculous. Right now it's 7:20 am, rainy and cold, and my thermometer says 68 degrees.

0 degrees would kill me.
    I like to hug trees at FULL SPEED!

Flaccid Member
    Lowest I've ever gone is over 200 feet below Sea Level.... Death Valley, California.... out there, though the heat kills ya more than the cold.
    "i'll brazilian when YOU do boy, right around the ol' rusty star. Actually, whole fruit bowl. Get on it!" NicoleB

official eMpTyBRain
    Quote Originally Posted by RandyBoy View Post
    Lowest I've ever gone is over 200 feet below Sea Level.... Death Valley, California.... out there, though the heat kills ya more than the cold.
    Badwater: Lowest point in the Northern hemishere.

It's also in the area of where the highest temp in history was recorded: 134F

Helpful Pointer: Don't drink the water there, no matter how thirsty you are.

AZ
    banned
    New Year Day ride a couple of years ago was -6 f. Supposed to be warmer this year, +8 f.

official eMpTyBRain
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ.MTNS View Post
    New Year Day ride a couple of years ago was -6 f. Supposed to be warmer this year, +8 f.
    That's 14 degrees warmer. That calls for a bareback ride, IMO.

govt kontrakt projkt mgr
    here in TX anything below 55 makes me go ugh. I did go out yesterday and it started at 44 and ended about 50 and I had on leg warmers, long sleeve jersey, lt weight cycling jacket, full finger moto gloves,and a face mask--and let me tell ya I did not feel too hot once. lol. today just now at 20 min past noon it is just now 45---likely I wont bike today..

mtbr member

On this night

A few of us went camping temps hit 9* over night.
    Wasnt too bad, but tearing down in the AM sucks.
    Big fire, cold beers..yeah doesnt get any better.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How low will you go?-wc.jpg  

"foot to pedal, wheel to dirt, there is no substitute for the act of riding "

We only get a few single digit days a year here, but a few years ago I did a +7deg F windy 4-hour ride.

Dissolved member
    I do not think I have ever ridden in single digits or lower yet but I am all about breaking records this winter.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    I wish I could get weather like that. The coldest it has gotten this year was 45 and it was 80 yesterday. :| I hate florida "winters".

Ride More, Whine Less
    We've warmed to a balmy 22. It is time to go and play outside. I'm thinking cross country skiing for today's fun.

pin it
    We are still riding here in southern Ontario and likely we will ride until spring.
    We did a ride Friday night after the snowfall of 10cm but we were dressed for it The temp was around -3 c and windchill made it feel like -11c

We've ridden in colder temps previous winters, Singlesprocket has a thread on Passion with pics and videos of past years rides

I grew up in Timmins northern Ontario. The average low in winter is -25 to -35c ( -11 to -30f) Thats not counting windchill

The last time I visited Timmins in the winter my car froze solid overnight (I didn't plug in the block heater) and I had to have it towed to a garage to have it thawed which took 2 days

Despite growing up in a cold climate doesn;t mean I like it, but I can make the best of it.
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

official eMpTyBRain
    it's a frigid 50 degrees here today...same with every "Winter" day...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How low will you go?-121230_0001.jpg  

Carbon & Ti rule
    Not to bad here, will get out for a ride soon after I put the sun block on.

18°CNot Available
    Feels like: 18°
    High 23°c
    Low 12°c
    Barometer1012 mbWind18 km/hr WDewpoint13°Sunrise5: AMHumidity72%Sunset8: PMVisibility20 kmUV index0 LowPrecip last hrNAPrecip last 24hr1.2 cm.

1PM

22°c Clear.

7PM

21°c Clear.

10PM

16° c Clear

FloridaKeys Fishing Guide
    It was a cool 53F at the trail this AM and it was PACKED... For South Florida that is pretty cold, but it was a great AM ride and I put in about 15 miles...
    For me anything below 45 and I am staying indoors... Yup I have acclimatized to the tropical climate over the past 25 years...
    Current ride(s) 2011 Santa Cruz Blur LT

Retired User
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclelicious View Post
    We are still riding here in southern Ontario and likely we will ride until spring.
    We did a ride Friday night after the snowfall of 10cm but we were dressed for it The temp was around -3 c and windchill made it feel like -11c

We've ridden in colder temps previous winters, Singlesprocket has a thread on Passion with pics and videos of past years rides

I grew up in Timmins northern Ontario. The average low in winter is -25 to -35c ( -11 to -30f) Thats not counting windchill

The last time I visited Timmins in the winter my car froze solid overnight (I didn't plug in the block heater) and I had to have it towed to a garage to have it thawed which took 2 days

Despite growing up in a cold climate doesn;t mean I like it, but I can make the best of it.

Psff. Canadians and their metric system. Always making it sound as if it's colder than it really is.

Holy hell, I get up to Muskoka and further up the Georgian Bay occasionally, but Timmins, ON is way the heck up there, eh.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast