mtbr member

How about the 49ers off season?!?

Binned
    Nov 2008
    Nice troll thread.

mtbr member
    Highlights: Harbaugh, Fangio, Gore, Smith, Willis...Crabtree and Iupati likely gone. Kap rumored to be on the trading block and Bruce Miller arrested for spousal abuse. SMH

Contains no juice.
    I never thought I'd say this, but, I like turtles.
    What's the difference between red and green?

Apparently nothing if you’re on a bike.

mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    Nice troll thread.
    Not trolling. Venting. Just a Niner fan sitting here in awe at all the departures. Most were predictable, but the Willis retirement news and the Miller arrest caught me off guard.

Bro
    Content from my avatar

We have an ongoing NFL thread somewhere in OC, assuming it wasn't purged for whatever reason. I came here just to vent about this crap. Just heard the news about Miller's arrest. Willis and JSmith retiring, Gore gone. Trade rumors about Kap. It was the same situation last season with Harbaugh, and Bozos 1 and 2 categorically denied those as well. I really should just stop reading 49ers news and tune in come September to see who's actually on the field. All this crap isn't good for my sanity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sometimes, I question the value of my content.

mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by Bro View Post
    We have an ongoing NFL thread somewhere in OC, assuming it wasn't purged for whatever reason. I came here just to vent about this crap. Just heard the news about Miller's arrest. Willis and JSmith retiring, Gore gone. Trade rumors about Kap. It was the same situation last season with Harbaugh, and Bozos 1 and 2 categorically denied those as well. I really should just stop reading 49ers news and tune in come September to see who's actually on the field. All this crap isn't good for my sanity.

Tuning out sounds like a good idea, who knows, maybe all this frustration is for nothing and they will kick ass. Not holding my breath though. The news about Torrey Smith was welcome news, hopefully it goes through.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Pretty crazy. The roller coaster they've been on for the last couple years stupefying. Wonder if those dudes retired because they know it's over for the Niners for a long time to come? Why keep playing if a championship is out of the question and your bosses are nutso.

Bro
    Content from my avatar

I'd say the roller coaster part was mostly just this past season. First was with all the upheaval in the front office, kicking out one of the winningest coaches in the entire league.

JSmith has been considering retirement for the past few seasons, so that isn't too surprising. Latest reports say that he isn't 100% sure, but who knows. I think he has a year left on his contract, and his position coach was promoted to HC.

Gore heading out isn't too surprising, but it's disappointing at the same time. I'm wary of the three years that he's talking with his new contract, but only the first two are guaranteed. Baalke should have found a way to keep him around for another year or two.

The Miller arrest and Willis' retirement, on the other hand, came completely out of left field. Willis has been dealing with lingering injuries for a while, and maybe he didn't like the direction the organization is heading, so he decided to call it quits. It's surprising, but I understand why he would want to get out now.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Bro, I'm going back to all the legal issues, back to when Kap got accused of rape, and back to the first rumblings of Harbaugh being on the outs with ownership. I thought there were cracks in the vessel for a year before it really came apart.

Bro
    Content from my avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow Danger View Post
    Bro, I'm going back to all the legal issues, back to when Kap got accused of rape, and back to the first rumblings of Harbaugh being on the outs with ownership. I thought there were cracks in the vessel for a year before it really came apart.
    That Miami incident seemed more like a case of the crazies than anything malicious on the part of Kap, Lockette, and Patton. The 911 call logs and the police report both portrayed the woman as someone who was desperately off her rocker. Kap left the room because she wanted him and wouldn't leave, and then Lockette called hotel security and police to have her removed from the room.

The Harbaugh situation sounds like Baalke/York decided to not have him back when they couldn't work out a contract extension before the season even started. And with these players leaving now that Harbaugh is gone, it's pretty clear that the players always had Harbaugh's back, and it was ownership that he'd lost, not the players.

On the other hand, today SF signed Jerome Simpson, who's had multiple drug/alcohol infractions and has only been suspended twice (three games each time) for his actions. "Wining with class."

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Yeah, I'm just saying the Miami incident was drama. Team drama. Didn't mean to infer that Kap was guilty.

Bro
    Content from my avatar

Oh yeah, ever since last offseason they've had more drama than football going on around the team.

Bro
    Content from my avatar

Also, we can't forget that all mentions of Harbaugh were removed from the team museum following his departure.

mtbr member
    Meanwhile in Seattle, Jimmy Graham gets signed. SMH, with Wilson's legs, Lynch, and now a real vertical threat with Graham, I hate to say this, but Seattle is going to be even tougher.

mtbr member
    Now Borland is retiring. I respect his decision, brain injuries are no joke. Another big loss for niners.

mtbr member
    I can't help but to think that no one wants to play for Jed York and Trent Baalke without Jim Harbaugh. That goes for Tomsula as well. Jasone510 mentioned a few players that are gone but forgot a few or at least the updated list. Chris Culliver is also gone as with Crabtree. Borland retires. Navorro Bowman's status is still unclear. They needed to do much more than just sign Reggie Bush and Torrey Smith. When the season ended, their biggest need going into this Summer was getting a wide receiver. Now, its everything. They need defensive backs, receivers, inside linebackers, defensive and offensive lineman. This has been a disaster and it all started with them getting rid of Harbaugh.

If Jed York could of just stuck his nose out of it, he should of fired Baalke and kept Harbaugh. What has Baalke done to make him so important? When he was a scout, this team sucked. It just happened that Harbaugh was hired at the same time Baalke was made the GM. His first draft gave us Aldon Smith the alcoholic, Colin Kaepernick and Chris Culliver. The 2012 draft gave us AJ Jenkins and LaMichael James, both who are gone. 2013 gave us Erick Reid (good pick), Tank Carradine, Vance McDonald and Marcus Lattimore who retired. Baalke's track record with the draft has been terrible.