Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: How?

Loves to suffer
    Quote Originally Posted by Hutch3637 View Post
    How can we keep up with this with being limited to the ten a day rule.
    No kidding! I dropped all my green eggs in one thread (stupid, I know), so now I've got to remember the rest of the rep-worthy posts for tomorrow .

Quote Originally Posted by GR1822 View Post
    I may have to upgrade my laptop
    I did that a couple days ago. Went from a 1.2 GHz dual-core, 11.6" screen Acer netbook with Windows 7 Home Premium, 250 GB HD, and 2 GB RAM, to a 15.6" full-size 2.5 GHz quad-core i5 processor Lenovo laptop with 6 GB RAM, Windows 8, and a 500 GB HD. That thing is FAST! Especially after I worked my magic on it by doing all the usual Windows tweaks and removing the bloatware.

I'm keeping my netbook though. It's still a damn good computer. I can even edit video on it.

banned
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by freighttrainuphill View Post
    No kidding! I dropped all my green eggs in one thread (stupid, I know), so now I've got to remember the rest of the rep-worthy posts for tomorrow .

I did that a couple days ago. Went from a 1.2 GHz dual-core, 11.6" screen Acer netbook with Windows 7 Home Premium, 250 GB HD, and 2 GB RAM, to a 15.6" full-size 2.5 GHz quad-core i5 processor Lenovo laptop with 6 GB RAM, Windows 8, and a 500 GB HD. That thing is FAST! Especially after I worked my magic on it by doing all the usual Windows tweaks and removing the bloatware.

I'm keeping my netbook though. It's still a damn good computer. I can even edit video on it.
    I don't know why but I want a Google Chromebook now. LOL

-S

Loves to suffer
    Quote Originally Posted by shibiwan View Post
    I don't know why but I want a Google Chromebook now. LOL

-S
    Looking on Best Buy's site, they're slightly cheaper than Windows laptops. I haven't used Chrome OS yet.

Another electronic gadget I love is my Sony HD Radio tuner. Commercial free substations with formats that aren't offered on the main commercial stations, and no static.

banned
    Sep 2012
    Looking on Best Buy's site, they're slightly cheaper than Windows laptops. I haven't used Chrome OS yet.

Another electronic gadget I love is my Sony HD Radio tuner. Commercial free substations with formats that aren't offered on the main commercial stations, and no static.
    Hmm... no. I gotta stop sometime. I have way too many electronic gadgets.

Maybe I DO have a problem. Gotta go see my therapist.

-S

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by shibiwan View Post
    Hmm... no. I gotta stop sometime. I have way too many electronic gadgets.

Maybe I DO have a problem. Gotta go see my therapist.

-S
    There's no such thing as too many electronic gadgets, blasphemy! :-)

PS I used to have the original CR-48.

Sent from my Galaxy S3
    Jamis Dakar XC Comp
    Jamis Quest
    Selle Italia Ldy Gel saddles

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    ^^^ There is if you don't know how to work
    all that sh*t like me.

Huckin' trails
    How the heck I haven't hit dirt in a while... Shitty weather and long days are leaving me despair.
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB28 View Post
    topless. that's what all mtb girls do. we go ride, get topless, have pillow fights in the woods, scissor, then ride home!

Fat & Single
    Quote Originally Posted by Hutch3637 View Post
    How can we keep up with this with being limited to the ten a day rule.
    Yeah 10 threads a day
    Ti O'Beast
    Indy Fab
    One9
    Dirty Disco CX

No Stranger to danger....
    Good looking fun loving Australian male
    37 years old
    loves outdoor sports, fishing, biking, mud wrestling, ball games
    Looking for long term or casual relationship
    Will travel
    Will swap sex for rep......
    Last edited by Tone's; 12-06-2012 at 02:40 AM.
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....

sympathy for society
    I am starting to feel like Tones is spamming for some lovin... haha.. Spent what I could in this thread today. ~ENjoy...
    "We can always find excuses if we want to find them, but if we really want to do something, we have to just go."

mtbr member
    I have no idea where in the hell to post this. But, I've gone out and found 10 good posts to +rep for the day.
    Contact information: http://about.me/marpilli

human dehumidifier
    Quote Originally Posted by John Kuhl View Post
    ^^^ There is if you don't know how to work
    all that sh*t like me.
    Heck I know how to work all that sh*t and still don't want it.
    When you get older, much of your hate comes from knowledge and experience, which is why really old people hate everyone

duh

I just got a new windows 8, not sure if I like it yet.

Sup
    I'm confused
    That about covers it

Sj
    I am slow therefore I am

duh
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowerJoe View Post
    I'm confused
    That about covers it

Sj
    How so?

Axe
    Custom User Title
    Not sure.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by wyatt79m View Post
    How is it in here?
    Where?

Sup
    How who there that this just in case
    I'm not good at choosing
    Think I will start a thread
    Too many

Sj
    I am slow therefore I am

FloridaKeys Fishing Guide

Upset

I am still on time out and am leeching wifi from my neighbor since my DSL blew up after the whole town had a power surge..
    Yes it is connected to a battery powered UPS BTW. It may actually be a problem in the box at the end of the street according to AT&T...

EDIT..It is all good now...
    Last edited by OscarW; 12-06-2012 at 05:16 PM.
    Current ride(s) 2011 Santa Cruz Blur LT

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Tone, you need to go get some.

Loves to suffer
    Quote Originally Posted by deke505 View Post
    I just got a new windows 8, not sure if I like it yet.
    I like it so far. I'm glad I have a wireless mouse with a scroll wheel though, as that makes it much easier to scroll from side-to-side on the tiled start page.

Warning: long geek speak post ahead!

I enjoy learning new OS's. I have my mother's old 2006 iMac with 10.6.8 Snow Leopard installed. It has a bad logic board so she gave it to me when she upgraded to the new aluminum-bodied iMac. The bad logic board causes horizontal lines and glitches in the video. I've also experienced lockups in spite of several erases and reinstalls of the OS.

I swapped RAM yet again the last time it locked up, which seemed to fix it. If it locks up one more time I will remove the hard drive, put it in an external enclosure, and use my Ubuntu Linux netbook to erase all the partitions and reformat the drive in FAT32. I've done that with two other computers that were obsolete/broken. One was my old broken Windows Vista desktop that had a 640 GB drive, so that's being used as a nice backup drive for all my files.

The Linux netbook is actually a first-generation Acer Aspire One netbook that came with Windows XP. The audio on Flash videos always stuttered no matter what, in spite of several reformats, so I erased the drive and installed Ubuntu. It's the only OS I have that will allow me to erase Windows and Mac partitions on external drives.

I bought a new Mac mini a few months ago for those few times I need iMovie's extra features for video editing. iMovie also handles .mov files from older cameras that cause Windows Live Movie Maker to choke. The Mac mini came with 10.7 Lion and 2 GB RAM. I upgraded it to 8 GB of RAM, which is the most it will take.

Xtreme Lounger
    Quote Originally Posted by Curmy View Post
    Where?
    Haven't seen you in a while. Welcome back.

duh
    I like it so far. I'm glad I have a wireless mouse with a scroll wheel though, as that makes it much easier to scroll from side-to-side on the tiled start page.

Warning: long geek speak post ahead!

I enjoy learning new OS's. I have my mother's old 2006 iMac with 10.6.8 Snow Leopard installed. It has a bad logic board so she gave it to me when she upgraded to the new aluminum-bodied iMac. The bad logic board causes horizontal lines and glitches in the video. I've also experienced lockups in spite of several erases and reinstalls of the OS.

I swapped RAM yet again the last time it locked up, which seemed to fix it. If it locks up one more time I will remove the hard drive, put it in an external enclosure, and use my Ubuntu Linux netbook to erase all the partitions and reformat the drive in FAT32. I've done that with two other computers that were obsolete/broken. One was my old broken Windows Vista desktop that had a 640 GB drive, so that's being used as a nice backup drive for all my files.

The Linux netbook is actually a first-generation Acer Aspire One netbook that came with Windows XP. The audio on Flash videos always stuttered no matter what, in spite of several reformats, so I erased the drive and installed Ubuntu. It's the only OS I have that will allow me to erase Windows and Mac partitions on external drives.

I bought a new Mac mini a few months ago for those few times I need iMovie's extra features for video editing. iMovie also handles .mov files from older cameras that cause Windows Live Movie Maker to choke. The Mac mini came with 10.7 Lion and 2 GB RAM. I upgraded it to 8 GB of RAM, which is the most it will take.
    Well I skipped vista, my mom had it and it sucks. Went from windows xp to windows 8. I just don't like the fact that windows explore from the start page doesn't support most flash sites but the desk top version does.

The other problem is outlook doesn't support pop email any more so it doesn't erase the email from the server, so when I get my email from my phone it downloads all the same email that I just got.

other then that I like it.

Fat & Single
    Howzat !
    Ti O'Beast
    Indy Fab
    One9
    Dirty Disco CX

Fat & Single
    Got 10 in this thread alone. In the 90's with the Marp-doc, nearly round again.
    Ti O'Beast
    Indy Fab
    One9
    Dirty Disco CX

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast