Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 51 to 100 of 174

Thread: How?

  1. #51
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,009
    Quote Originally Posted by Hutch3637 View Post
    How can we keep up with this with being limited to the ten a day rule.
    No kidding! I dropped all my green eggs in one thread (stupid, I know), so now I've got to remember the rest of the rep-worthy posts for tomorrow .

    Quote Originally Posted by GR1822 View Post
    I may have to upgrade my laptop
    I did that a couple days ago. Went from a 1.2 GHz dual-core, 11.6" screen Acer netbook with Windows 7 Home Premium, 250 GB HD, and 2 GB RAM, to a 15.6" full-size 2.5 GHz quad-core i5 processor Lenovo laptop with 6 GB RAM, Windows 8, and a 500 GB HD. That thing is FAST! Especially after I worked my magic on it by doing all the usual Windows tweaks and removing the bloatware.

    I'm keeping my netbook though. It's still a damn good computer. I can even edit video on it.

  2. #52
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,101
    Quote Originally Posted by freighttrainuphill View Post
    No kidding! I dropped all my green eggs in one thread (stupid, I know), so now I've got to remember the rest of the rep-worthy posts for tomorrow .


    I did that a couple days ago. Went from a 1.2 GHz dual-core, 11.6" screen Acer netbook with Windows 7 Home Premium, 250 GB HD, and 2 GB RAM, to a 15.6" full-size 2.5 GHz quad-core i5 processor Lenovo laptop with 6 GB RAM, Windows 8, and a 500 GB HD. That thing is FAST! Especially after I worked my magic on it by doing all the usual Windows tweaks and removing the bloatware.

    I'm keeping my netbook though. It's still a damn good computer. I can even edit video on it.
    I don't know why but I want a Google Chromebook now. LOL

    -S

  3. #53
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,009
    Quote Originally Posted by shibiwan View Post
    I don't know why but I want a Google Chromebook now. LOL

    -S
    Looking on Best Buy's site, they're slightly cheaper than Windows laptops. I haven't used Chrome OS yet.

    Another electronic gadget I love is my Sony HD Radio tuner. Commercial free substations with formats that aren't offered on the main commercial stations, and no static.

  4. #54
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,101
    Quote Originally Posted by freighttrainuphill View Post
    Looking on Best Buy's site, they're slightly cheaper than Windows laptops. I haven't used Chrome OS yet.

    Another electronic gadget I love is my Sony HD Radio tuner. Commercial free substations with formats that aren't offered on the main commercial stations, and no static.
    Hmm... no. I gotta stop sometime. I have way too many electronic gadgets.

    Maybe I DO have a problem. Gotta go see my therapist.

    -S

  5. #55
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by shibiwan View Post
    Hmm... no. I gotta stop sometime. I have way too many electronic gadgets.

    Maybe I DO have a problem. Gotta go see my therapist.

    -S
    There's no such thing as too many electronic gadgets, blasphemy! :-)

    PS I used to have the original CR-48.

    Sent from my Galaxy S3
    Jamis Dakar XC Comp
    Jamis Quest
    Selle Italia Ldy Gel saddles

  6. #56
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,250
    ^^^ There is if you don't know how to work
    all that sh*t like me.

  7. #57
    Huckin' trails
    Reputation: David C's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    5,847
    How the heck I haven't hit dirt in a while... ****ty weather and long days are leaving me despair.
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB28 View Post
    topless. that's what all mtb girls do. we go ride, get topless, have pillow fights in the woods, scissor, then ride home!

  8. #58
    Fat & Single
    Reputation: ozzybmx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    4,053
    Quote Originally Posted by Hutch3637 View Post
    How can we keep up with this with being limited to the ten a day rule.
    Yeah 10 threads a day
    Trek 9.9 Superfly SL
    FM190 Fatty
    Indy Fab Deluxe 29
    Pivot Vault CX
    Cervelo R3 Disc

  9. #59
    No Stranger to danger....
    Reputation: Tone's's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,596
    Good looking fun loving Australian male
    37 years old
    loves outdoor sports, fishing, biking, mud wrestling, ball games
    Looking for long term or casual relationship
    Will travel
    Will swap sex for rep......
    Last edited by Tone's; 12-06-2012 at 02:40 AM.
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....

  10. #60
    check your six
    Reputation: sodak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,181
    I am starting to feel like Tones is spamming for some lovin... haha.. Spent what I could in this thread today. ~ENjoy...
    "We can always find excuses if we want to find them, but if we really want to do something, we have to just go."

  11. #61
    banned
    Reputation: marpilli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,993
    I have no idea where in the hell to post this. But, I've gone out and found 10 good posts to +rep for the day.

  12. #62
    I'm just messing with you
    Reputation: wv_bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    5,424
    Quote Originally Posted by John Kuhl View Post
    ^^^ There is if you don't know how to work
    all that sh*t like me.
    Heck I know how to work all that sh*t and still don't want it.
    Chasing bears through the woods drunk with a dull hatchet is strongly not advised

  13. #63
    ****** to the dirt
    Reputation: deke505's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    4,957
    Quote Originally Posted by freighttrainuphill View Post
    .

    I did that a couple days ago. Went from a 1.2 GHz dual-core, 11.6" screen Acer netbook with Windows 7 Home Premium, 250 GB HD, and 2 GB RAM, to a 15.6" full-size 2.5 GHz quad-core i5 processor Lenovo laptop with 6 GB RAM, Windows 8, and a 500 GB HD. That thing is FAST! Especially after I worked my magic on it by doing all the usual Windows tweaks and removing the bloatware.

    I'm keeping my netbook though. It's still a damn good computer. I can even edit video on it.
    I just got a new windows 8, not sure if I like it yet.

  14. #64
    Sup
    Reputation: Burnt-Orange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,696
    I'm confused
    That about covers it


    Sj
    I am slow therefore I am

  15. #65
    ****** to the dirt
    Reputation: deke505's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    4,957
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowerJoe View Post
    I'm confused
    That about covers it


    Sj
    How so?

  16. #66
    Axe
    Axe is offline
    Custom User Title
    Reputation: Axe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,977
    Not sure.

  17. #67
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Broccoli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,764
    Quote Originally Posted by wyatt79m View Post
    How is it in here?
    Where?

  18. #68
    Sup
    Reputation: Burnt-Orange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,696
    How who there that this just in case
    I'm not good at choosing
    Think I will start a thread
    Too many

    Sj
    I am slow therefore I am

  19. #69
    FloridaKeys Fishing Guide
    Reputation: OscarW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,685

    Upset

    I am still on time out and am leeching wifi from my neighbor since my DSL blew up after the whole town had a power surge..
    Yes it is connected to a battery powered UPS BTW. It may actually be a problem in the box at the end of the street according to AT&T...

    EDIT..It is all good now...
    Last edited by OscarW; 12-06-2012 at 05:16 PM.
    Current ride(s) 2011 Santa Cruz Blur LT

  20. #70
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,250
    Tone, you need to go get some.

  21. #71
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,009
    Quote Originally Posted by deke505 View Post
    I just got a new windows 8, not sure if I like it yet.
    I like it so far. I'm glad I have a wireless mouse with a scroll wheel though, as that makes it much easier to scroll from side-to-side on the tiled start page.

    Warning: long geek speak post ahead!

    I enjoy learning new OS's. I have my mother's old 2006 iMac with 10.6.8 Snow Leopard installed. It has a bad logic board so she gave it to me when she upgraded to the new aluminum-bodied iMac. The bad logic board causes horizontal lines and glitches in the video. I've also experienced lockups in spite of several erases and reinstalls of the OS.

    I swapped RAM yet again the last time it locked up, which seemed to fix it. If it locks up one more time I will remove the hard drive, put it in an external enclosure, and use my Ubuntu Linux netbook to erase all the partitions and reformat the drive in FAT32. I've done that with two other computers that were obsolete/broken. One was my old broken Windows Vista desktop that had a 640 GB drive, so that's being used as a nice backup drive for all my files.

    The Linux netbook is actually a first-generation Acer Aspire One netbook that came with Windows XP. The audio on Flash videos always stuttered no matter what, in spite of several reformats, so I erased the drive and installed Ubuntu. It's the only OS I have that will allow me to erase Windows and Mac partitions on external drives.

    I bought a new Mac mini a few months ago for those few times I need iMovie's extra features for video editing. iMovie also handles .mov files from older cameras that cause Windows Live Movie Maker to choke. The Mac mini came with 10.7 Lion and 2 GB RAM. I upgraded it to 8 GB of RAM, which is the most it will take.

  22. #72
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,149
    Quote Originally Posted by Curmy View Post
    Where?
    Haven't seen you in a while. Welcome back.

  23. #73
    ****** to the dirt
    Reputation: deke505's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    4,957
    Quote Originally Posted by freighttrainuphill View Post
    I like it so far. I'm glad I have a wireless mouse with a scroll wheel though, as that makes it much easier to scroll from side-to-side on the tiled start page.

    Warning: long geek speak post ahead!

    I enjoy learning new OS's. I have my mother's old 2006 iMac with 10.6.8 Snow Leopard installed. It has a bad logic board so she gave it to me when she upgraded to the new aluminum-bodied iMac. The bad logic board causes horizontal lines and glitches in the video. I've also experienced lockups in spite of several erases and reinstalls of the OS.

    I swapped RAM yet again the last time it locked up, which seemed to fix it. If it locks up one more time I will remove the hard drive, put it in an external enclosure, and use my Ubuntu Linux netbook to erase all the partitions and reformat the drive in FAT32. I've done that with two other computers that were obsolete/broken. One was my old broken Windows Vista desktop that had a 640 GB drive, so that's being used as a nice backup drive for all my files.

    The Linux netbook is actually a first-generation Acer Aspire One netbook that came with Windows XP. The audio on Flash videos always stuttered no matter what, in spite of several reformats, so I erased the drive and installed Ubuntu. It's the only OS I have that will allow me to erase Windows and Mac partitions on external drives.

    I bought a new Mac mini a few months ago for those few times I need iMovie's extra features for video editing. iMovie also handles .mov files from older cameras that cause Windows Live Movie Maker to choke. The Mac mini came with 10.7 Lion and 2 GB RAM. I upgraded it to 8 GB of RAM, which is the most it will take.
    Well I skipped vista, my mom had it and it sucks. Went from windows xp to windows 8. I just don't like the fact that windows explore from the start page doesn't support most flash sites but the desk top version does.

    The other problem is outlook doesn't support pop email any more so it doesn't erase the email from the server, so when I get my email from my phone it downloads all the same email that I just got.

    other then that I like it.

  24. #74
    Fat & Single
    Reputation: ozzybmx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    4,053
    Howzat !
    Trek 9.9 Superfly SL
    FM190 Fatty
    Indy Fab Deluxe 29
    Pivot Vault CX
    Cervelo R3 Disc

  25. #75
    Fat & Single
    Reputation: ozzybmx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    4,053
    Got 10 in this thread alone. In the 90's with the Marp-doc, nearly round again.
    Trek 9.9 Superfly SL
    FM190 Fatty
    Indy Fab Deluxe 29
    Pivot Vault CX
    Cervelo R3 Disc

  26. #76
    banned
    Reputation: marpilli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,993
    "marp-doc"

    I'm out for the day. I tried to bump up a 98 and 97 pointer but wasn't able to (had to pass it around first).

  27. #77
    Sup
    Reputation: Burnt-Orange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,696
    I'm out again
    I got one guy in the specialized thread to jump from 1 red Chiclets to 8 rep points "he had son cool pics"
    There was another guy who was rep neutral and he jumped from 0 to 9 rep points
    Its fun to Hulk smash rep
    I'm out for today

    Sj
    I am slow therefore I am

  28. #78
    Axe
    Axe is offline
    Custom User Title
    Reputation: Axe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,977
    Slow day.

  29. #79
    ride more
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,623
    All out...time to go for a ride!

  30. #80
    FloridaKeys Fishing Guide
    Reputation: OscarW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,685
    Still on time out till later...
    Current ride(s) 2011 Santa Cruz Blur LT

  31. #81
    Mulleticious
    Reputation: BigwheelsRbest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,484
    How to amuse oneself on a Sunday evening:
    Cabbage for everyone...

  32. #82
    Cow Clicker
    Reputation: wmac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    2,031
    <a href="http://www.threadbombing.com/details.php?image_id=2932"><img src= "http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/chris_hansen.gif" border="0" alt="Animated Gifs" /> </a>
    No, YOU don't understand. You're making an ass of yourself for all of eternity.

  33. #83
    Beer Me!
    Reputation: Guerdonian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,083
    "Any wheel size is better than sitting at a computer all day." -Myself

  34. #84
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    261
    How-de Doody!

    (I wrote doody...Haha!)

  35. #85
    Is not amused
    Reputation: Hutch3637's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    3,205

    Rapist REP

    How does it feel?

    How?-krj1j.jpg

  36. #86
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    24,138
    Quote Originally Posted by Hutch3637 View Post
    How does it feel?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KRJ1j.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	80.0 KB 
ID:	743742
    Nice Dracula fangs...

  37. #87
    Sup
    Reputation: Burnt-Orange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,696
    out for today

    Sj
    I am slow therefore I am

  38. #88
    Cow Clicker
    Reputation: wmac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    2,031
    Got everyone on this page or must spread more before I can.
    No, YOU don't understand. You're making an ass of yourself for all of eternity.

  39. #89
    AZ
    AZ is offline
    banned
    Reputation: AZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    19,205
    How many of these threads are there?

  40. #90
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,101
    Quote Originally Posted by wmac View Post
    Got everyone on this page or must spread more before I can.
    Spreading... spreading!!!....dang..I'm all out.

    -S

  41. #91
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    468
    How D Doo Dee

  42. #92
    banned
    Reputation: marpilli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,993
    Done, gave out surprise repseks to a bunch of unsuspecting people outside the OC.

  43. #93
    Rabid Lana fan
    Reputation: net wurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    8,424
    "If you can't come to the orgy, Marp brings the orgy to you!"
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt I here
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt II here

  44. #94
    Gumnut Peddler
    Reputation: Grinderz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    368
    Burning fat, not oil.

  45. #95
    mtbr member
    Reputation: GR1822's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,087
    Pretty awesome pic!

  46. #96
    Rabid Lana fan
    Reputation: net wurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    8,424
    Quote Originally Posted by Grinderz View Post
    HOW awesome is this photo!
    Pretty dam
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt I here
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt II here

  47. #97
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    24,138
    How do you break two light bulbs at a time?

    Like this: I went outside to go into the garage and noticed the walk in entry light had burnt (orange) out. I grabbed a new bulb and while fumbling to screw it in, it slipped out of my hand and busted all over the ground. Wondeful!!! After shouting a few unmentionable words, I put the the burnt out bulb down on a table and reached for another new bulb. Well, that old burnt out bulb rolled off the table and broke on the floor. DOHHH! Now I've got two broken bulbs to sweep up in the dark. So, I took a deeeep breath, swallowed my pride, and successfully screwed in a new bulb. Now we have light again. Now I can sweep up the two broken bulbs....

  48. #98
    AZ
    AZ is offline
    banned
    Reputation: AZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    19,205
    Quote Originally Posted by ambassadorhawg View Post
    How do you break two light bulbs at a time?

    Like this: I went outside to go into the garage and noticed the walk in entry light had burnt (orange) out. I grabbed a new bulb and while fumbling to screw it in, it slipped out of my hand and busted all over the ground. Wondeful!!! After shouting a few unmentionable words, I put the the burnt out bulb down on a table and reached for another new bulb. Well, that old burnt out bulb rolled off the table and broke on the floor. DOHHH! Now I've got two broken bulbs to sweep up in the dark. So, I took a deeeep breath, swallowed my pride, and successfully screwed in a new bulb. Now we have light again. Now I can sweep up the two broken bulbs....



    Jeez, how do you do with sharp things?

  49. #99
    Axe
    Axe is offline
    Custom User Title
    Reputation: Axe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,977
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ.MTNS View Post
    Jeez, how do you do with sharp things?
    Dang, not enough to 200...

  50. #100
    banned
    Reputation: marpilli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,993
    Someone got him! AZ hits the 200 mark!

    Congrats!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •