Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 83

Thread: Heli Pilot

  1. #1
    thin ice crackling
    Reputation: net wurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    7,970

    Heli Pilot

    Think this guy's been flying for a while?

    https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=1008586185831107
    Rocktoberfest 2014 edit here
    Rocktoberfest 2014 clips here

  2. #2
    I didn't do it
    Reputation: Mookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    8,584
    Get outta here! That's cool. And I have to think that guy really likes flying.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted
    Remember, commas save lives

  3. #3
    gobsmacked Moderator
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    7,570
    Sarah Waddington
    "i bet he thinks he is back in Nam"
    Wanted: WTB rollercams and brake bridges

  4. #4
    Gnaughty fashion ho
    Reputation: Katz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,700
    I bet those heli blades have "Minion" written on them. He'd be overshooting the turns every single time if the blades were "Purgatory".

  5. #5
    Front Range, Colorado
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    22,397
    Awesome piloting for sure.
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)
    ************^^^^^^Rock Garden
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqpcBpSsj1A

  6. #6
    Meatbomb
    Reputation: Phillbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    5,189
    He's got the swing down fo sure.

  7. #7
    gobsmacked Moderator
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    7,570
    What sort of load latching device can you use to pick up something in seconds? That seems too good to be true.
    Wanted: WTB rollercams and brake bridges

  8. #8
    Meatbomb
    Reputation: Phillbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    5,189
    Ground Crew makes the connection.

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Mr Pig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,180
    'Our handlers treat each and every Christmas Tree as if it were their own... the care and attention taken to ensure your beautiful Christmas tree arrives at your local store looking magically festive.
    For an extra charge, our pilot can deliver to your address ... in fact if you leave your front door open, he'll pop in the hallway!'

  10. #10
    dethroned
    Reputation: Hawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    21,665
    That guy will eventually die flying like that. He's gonna eventually fly a copter apart doing stunts like that sooner or later.

    But, then again, when you're moving drugs around, ya gotta get it done quick before anyone sees you.

  11. #11
    Front Range, Colorado
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    22,397
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    That guy will eventually die flying like that. He's gonna eventually fly a copter apart doing stunts like that sooner or later.

    But, then again, when you're moving drugs around, ya gotta get it done quick before anyone sees you.
    Yup!
    My thoughts exactly. In copter piloting there's usually not more than one mistake.
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)
    ************^^^^^^Rock Garden
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqpcBpSsj1A

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Mr Pig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,180
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    That guy will eventually die flying like that.
    I agree. Maybe that's what he wants.

  13. #13
    dethroned
    Reputation: Hawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    21,665
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Pig View Post
    I agree. Maybe that's what he wants.
    So, kind of like the nutcase who plowed the jetliner into the French Alps?

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Mr Pig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,180
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    So, kind of like the nutcase who ploughed the jetliner into the French Alps?
    That's a bit unkind. I think there is a difference between acting recklessly in the subconscious hope you die having fun and the planned execution of 150 people.

  15. #15
    dethroned
    Reputation: Hawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    21,665
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Pig View Post
    That's a bit unkind. I think there is a difference between acting recklessly in the subconscious hope you die having fun and the planned execution of 150 people.
    It's ultimately the same if he happens to have just one passenger on board while he "plays".

  16. #16
    I didn't do it
    Reputation: Mookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    8,584
    I tend to think that he or she is a very skilled pilot. I don't see anything particularly reckless in what he/she is doing.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted
    Remember, commas save lives

  17. #17
    gobsmacked Moderator
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    7,570

    Heli Pilot

    Do we have a helo pilot on the forum? I have to admit it was one of the funnest things ever. Better than any rollercoasters and even skydiving. I've never been in a fighter jet though. Pretty sure that would make me hurl. I don't like vertigo.
    Wanted: WTB rollercams and brake bridges

  18. #18
    dethroned
    Reputation: Hawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    21,665
    Quote Originally Posted by Mookie View Post
    I tend to think that he or she is a very skilled pilot. I don't see anything particularly reckless in what he/she is doing.
    It's not the pilot am referring to, it's the machine.

  19. #19
    I didn't do it
    Reputation: Mookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    8,584
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    It's not the pilot am referring to, it's the machine.
    Since I'm sure he's a highly experienced and skilled pilot I'm fairly certain he's operating the aircraft within tolerances. If he's not then the owner will certainly have something to say about that, not to mention the FAA. I don't think he was stressing the aircraft too bad to be perfectly honest though. The load didn't seem too large and he was just swinging the payload over at just the right time to gently deliver the tress to the truck.

    I wouldn't mind riding shotgun for a few of those runs.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted
    Remember, commas save lives

  20. #20
    martyrdom for dummies
    Reputation: Optimus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    5,145
    Seems it would have been a whole lot easier to just take trees from right by the trucks. What a bunch of dumbasses.
    conformity kills.

  21. #21
    I didn't do it
    Reputation: Mookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    8,584
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    Seems it would have been a whole lot easier to just take trees from right by the trucks. What a bunch of dumbasses.
    Where's the fun in that?

    Those birds ain't cheap to fly, I imagine the closest trees weren't ready maybe?
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted
    Remember, commas save lives

  22. #22
    dethroned
    Reputation: Hawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    21,665
    Quote Originally Posted by Mookie View Post
    Since I'm sure he's a highly experienced and skilled pilot I'm fairly certain he's operating the aircraft within tolerances. If he's not then the owner will certainly have something to say about that, not to mention the FAA. I don't think he was stressing the aircraft too bad to be perfectly honest though. The load didn't seem too large and he was just swinging the payload over at just the right time to gently deliver the tress to the truck.

    I wouldn't mind riding shotgun for a few of those runs.
    Simply put, humans were not meant to fly otherwise we would have wings on our bodies. Those who fly are far more likely to meet the end in disaster than those who do not fly.

    Humans were meant to mountain bike though, so when we crash and burn fatally, it's honorable.

  23. #23
    I didn't do it
    Reputation: Mookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    8,584
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    Simply put, humans were not meant to fly otherwise we would have wings on our bodies. Those who fly are far more likely to meet the end in disaster than those who do not fly.

    Humans were meant to mountain bike though, so when we crash and burn fatally, it's honorable.
    I think you're on to something here. I've tried to flap my wings on several occasions and never gained flight. I always ended up nose diving straight to the ground.

    Damn you Timothy Leary!
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted
    Remember, commas save lives

  24. #24
    dethroned
    Reputation: Hawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    21,665
    Quote Originally Posted by Mookie View Post
    I think you're on to something here. I've tried to flap my wings on several occasions and never gained flight. I always ended up nose diving straight to the ground.

    Damn you Timothy Leary!
    I guess what I am saying in all seriousness, is that even the best pilot cannot necessarily safely land a broken, failing aircraft while in flight.

  25. #25
    I didn't do it
    Reputation: Mookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    8,584
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    I guess what I am saying in all seriousness, is that even the best pilot cannot necessarily safely land a broken, failing aircraft while in flight.
    Very true. One definitely needs to know the machine's limits and operate within those limits.

    On a somewhat related note I'm fascinated by stories of pilots landing partially disabled aircraft. Some of these guys are true badasses.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted
    Remember, commas save lives

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Heli-Biking in Queenstown/Wanaka NZ
    By ride_today714 in forum Australia, New Zealand
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 1 Week Ago, 07:50 AM
  2. Rider Heli-vac out of Clementine, Auburn SRA
    By mtbg33k in forum California - Norcal
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 06-21-2014, 01:45 AM
  3. Fresh Heli Footie!
    By OB1 in forum Passion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-22-2013, 08:44 AM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-20-2012, 07:15 AM
  5. Ordered some Heli Tape
    By Hardtailnurmouth in forum Beginner's Corner
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-09-2011, 06:25 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •