Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 71
  1. #1
    reading comprehension wat
    Reputation: dv8xin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    329

    Hard men/women who make us common folk dabbling in "extreme" look like a joke?

    Looking for exemplary sources of inspiration.
    I like to jump to conclusions, oversimplify, gossip, and participate in popularity polls.

  2. #2
    Sup
    Reputation: Burnt-Orange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2,156
    danny devito
    I am slow therefore I am

  3. #3
    Front Range, Colorado
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    13,909
    Lance Armstrong
    --------- __o
    ------- _`\<,_
    ------ (*)/ (*)
    ************^^^^^^^^^Rock Garden

  4. #4
    I build my own.
    Reputation: Trail Ninja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    5,088
    Me. I even make myself look like a wimp.
    I have a device that can access the total knowledge of man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and argue with strangers.

  5. #5
    Rep Power: 35,956
    Reputation: Mazukea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,679
    you lost me at "Hard Men"

    I started giggling.
    I like to hug trees at FULL SPEED!

  6. #6
    there's no bread
    Reputation: byrot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    261
    all you have to do is go to u.tube and watch some combat footage

  7. #7
    re member
    Reputation: net wurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    6,003
    Quote Originally Posted by byrot View Post
    all you have to do is go to u.tube and watch some combat footage
    This.
    Quote Originally Posted by My Avatar
    WOOF!
    My videos on Vimeo

  8. #8
    High Desert MTBer
    Reputation: rockerc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    3,825
    Quote Originally Posted by byrot View Post
    all you have to do is go to u.tube and watch some combat footage
    Please let's not glorify this. I would hope that extreme sports or unusual everyday life experience should be the focus of this thread...
    It's all Here. Now.

  9. #9
    No Stranger to danger....
    Reputation: Tone's's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    5,473
    Steve Irwin
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....

  10. #10
    human dehumidifier
    Reputation: wv_bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    4,813
    Ned
    I Just Wasn't Made For These Times

  11. #11
    High Desert MTBer
    Reputation: rockerc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    3,825
    Quote Originally Posted by wv_bob View Post
    Good one!
    It's all Here. Now.

  12. #12
    human dehumidifier
    Reputation: wv_bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    4,813
    Yeah I wish Specialized would re-release the "Ned rules" merch they sold back in the 90s
    I Just Wasn't Made For These Times

  13. #13
    AZ
    AZ is offline
    banned
    Reputation: AZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    19,998
    Tinker Juarez comes to mind as well as ultra marathoner Scott Jurek.

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Wishful Tomcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    5,444
    Danny MacAskill
    Travis Pastrana
    John Tomac

  15. #15
    sympathy for society
    Reputation: sodak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,158
    To me inspiration comes from achieving what others say your can't. Here some some examples of the many inspirational people.


    Walk on Water from NRS Films on Vimeo.






    "We can always find excuses if we want to find them, but if we really want to do something, we have to just go."

  16. #16
    No Stranger to danger....
    Reputation: Tone's's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    5,473
    The turtle man.
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation: friz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    367
    +1 on the turtle man. He is the standard I aspire to, but most likely will never achieve.

  18. #18
    Front Range, Colorado
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    13,909
    --------- __o
    ------- _`\<,_
    ------ (*)/ (*)
    ************^^^^^^^^^Rock Garden

  19. #19
    No Stranger to danger....
    Reputation: Tone's's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    5,473
    Quote Originally Posted by friz View Post
    +1 on the turtle man. He is the standard I aspire to, but most likely will never achieve.
    Yep i love the Turtle man, the lil kids love him, he dives in dirty ponds to catch snapping turtles, he is a great possum, fox and raccoon catcher, is there anything he cant do, pluss his missing a few teeth, when i think of the states, i think of turtle man.
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....

  20. #20
    No Stranger to danger....
    Reputation: Tone's's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    5,473
    The JUNK YARD DOG, RIP..
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....

  21. #21
    No Stranger to danger....
    Reputation: Tone's's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    5,473
    Bo and Luke Duke.
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....

  22. #22
    No Stranger to danger....
    Reputation: Tone's's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    5,473
    Ted Bundy.
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....

  23. #23
    duh
    Reputation: deke505's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    4,957
    Oscar Pistorius
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    the big aussie rep bomb is comin your way

  24. #24
    Rep Power: Potatoe
    Reputation: BigRingGrinder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,455
    When i was 20 i worked for Mammoth mountain for a season. Made friends with a few first year ski patrol guys from my dorm. That winter they took me cliff jumping a few times. Two and three breather drops (inhale to scream multiple times before you hit).

    Fast forward 10 years. Head up to Mammoth with a few friends for a ski weekend. Talking crap the whole ride about how bad ass i am and how im gona jump the cornice for em. We get to the top of the mountain and i go look over the edge to find the steepest spot to jump from.....

    My balls crawled up into my stomach. Not only did i not jump, i didnt even go off the lip. We took the cat trails down to the lower mountain.

    "Hard" and "Extreme" are for the young, the childless, and those with out work Monday morning. Looking over that edge slapped me in the face with the reality that i would never again be able to risk my life and limbs to that degree. Im ok with it. Ill watch vids of other people doing that crap.
    "Bigring, that's deep. ...Well, I suspect it is. I didn't read it."

  25. #25
    Front Range, Colorado
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    13,909
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRingGrinder View Post
    When i was 20 i worked for Mammoth mountain for a season. Made friends with a few first year ski patrol guys from my dorm. That winter they took me cliff jumping a few times. Two and three breather drops (inhale to scream multiple times before you
    hit).



    Fast forward 10 years. Head up to Mammoth with a few friends for a ski weekend. Talking crap the
    whole ride about how bad ass i am and how im
    gona jump the cornice for em. We get to the top of
    the mountain and i go look over the edge to find
    the steepest spot to jump from.....










    My balls crawled up into my stomach. Not only did i not jump, i didnt even go off the lip. We took the
    cat trails down to the lower mountain.





    "Hard" and "Extreme" are for the young, the childless, and those with out work Monday
    morning. Looking over that edge slapped me in the
    face with the reality that i would never again be










    able to risk my life and limbs to that degree. Im ok


    with it. Ill watch vids of other people doing that


    crap.


    I've jumped the cornice at Mammoth back when I was in my 30's. But that was ages ago, I'd like to think I still have it in me to do at 51. Maybe!
    --------- __o
    ------- _`\<,_
    ------ (*)/ (*)
    ************^^^^^^^^^Rock Garden

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Extreme performance bike light - Zora "Scorpion"
    By OldAusDigger in forum Lights and Night Riding
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-20-2013, 08:55 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-18-2012, 10:22 PM
  3. Any other "Athenas" (big/tall women) out there?
    By Heartlostangel in forum Clydesdales/Tall Riders
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-12-2012, 11:24 PM
  4. Where is the "Extreme Perfomance" thread?
    By Luther in forum Vintage, Retro, Classic
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-13-2011, 08:51 AM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-15-2011, 05:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •