Results 1 to 36 of 36
  1. #1
    9 lives
    Reputation: cyclelicious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    10,410

    Happy Solstice Everyone!

    Happy winter!

    8 hours and 55minutes of sunlight today ! Whoohoo more sunlight tomorrow

    We're currently having an icemagaddon here in southern Ontario...riding will be interesting today

    Planning a pagan bonfire tonight
    F*ck Cancer

    Eat your veggies

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: theMeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,445
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclelicious View Post
    Planning a pagan bonfire tonight
    Awesome, hope there's gonna be plenty of instruments including drums, and of coarse plenty of drink. It's the only way to celebrate the Birthday of the Sun, enjoy! Have a drink for me
    Round and round we go

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    4,211
    It's also my wedding anniversary. Darkest day of the year.

  4. #4
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,320
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclelicious View Post
    Happy winter!...Planning a pagan bonfire tonight
    Yes, woo-hoo! One of my favorite days too.
    On solstice burn something that represents something to be forgotten, and another you wish to come true. (YMMV)

  5. #5
    I didn't do it
    Reputation: Mookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    9,059
    Here comes the sun!
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted
    Remember, commas save lives

  6. #6
    "Oldfart from Wayback"
    Reputation: onbelaydave's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,682
    Ring the Bells !

    <object width="640" height="480"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/6qcPS-J0HTg?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/6qcPS-J0HTg?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="480" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

  7. #7
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    26,573
    Happy Solstice Judy, enjoy and I toast with you to the power of the sun.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    ---------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)
    ************^^^^¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqpcBpSsj1A

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    24,138
    Wow, shortest day of the year!

    Everyone post what times the sun goes down in your area presently.

    In Los Angeles, it's 4:48pm.

    It's all only gonna get better fro this day forward!!!!

  9. #9
    I didn't do it
    Reputation: Mookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    9,059
    Sunset @ around 4:20 in Seattle. We can use the Solstice!
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted
    Remember, commas save lives

  10. #10
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    26,573
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    Wow, shortest day of the year!

    Everyone post what times the sun goes down in your area presently.

    In Los Angeles, it's 4:48pm.

    It's all only gonna get better fro this day forward!!!!
    In Loveland a Colorado the sunset is at. 4:37 p.m.today 12/21/13
    ---------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)
    ************^^^^¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqpcBpSsj1A

  11. #11
    ****** to the dirt
    Reputation: deke505's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    4,957
    If the sun is out it will be at 4:47 here in The Hammer (Hamilton)
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    There's some strange folk out there 'bouts. They have no sense of humor.
    http://thewoodgallery.blogspot.ca/

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    24,138
    Quote Originally Posted by deke505 View Post
    If the sun is out it will be at 4:47 here in The Hammer (Hamilton)
    Hamilton, where?

  13. #13
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    26,573
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    Hamilton, where?
    Hawg start a new thread on this sunset theme.
    Or not, what ever.
    ---------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)
    ************^^^^¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqpcBpSsj1A

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    24,138
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    Hawg start a new thread on this sunset theme.
    Or not, what ever.
    It would end up being a "who's where?" thing.

    I"m not sure that I want anyone to know that I live in the Los Angeles area. So keep it on the down-low, please.

  15. #15
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    26,573
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    It would end up being a "who's where?" thing.

    I"m not sure that I want anyone to know that I live in the Los Angeles area. So keep it on the down-low, please.
    Yeah your right a who's where thing could compromise our mission. If it were to leak out your where about's who and what side you're working on then the whole mission would come to a crashing halt. The operatives would be way ahead of us and our culvert mission doomed.
    ---------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)
    ************^^^^¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqpcBpSsj1A

  16. #16
    **** this ****
    Reputation: Zowie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,856
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclelicious View Post
    Happy winter!

    8 hours and 55minutes of sunlight today ! Whoohoo more sunlight tomorrow

    We're currently having an icemagaddon here in southern Ontario...riding will be interesting today

    Planning a pagan bonfire tonight
    Icemageddon is just ending here--little islands everywhere quickly eroding in the sun.
    That stuff is GREAT for your balance though, right?

    Here's to the solstice, and not being a cabbage cleverly disguised as a human.

  17. #17
    El Gato Malo
    Reputation: Wishful Tomcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    4,372
    First day of winter in the mid-Atlanitc and it was 65 degrees today, just lovin' it!

  18. #18
    Ride More, Work Less
    Reputation: heyyall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,775

    Happy Solstice Everyone!

    Sunrise: 7:41am
    Sunset: 4:34pm

    We still have some light out right now with the reflections off the snow.
    Craigslist & MTBR --free ads for all

  19. #19
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    4,816
    I burnt us all a pre-emptive sacrifice. Your'e welcome.

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    24,138
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Ray View Post
    I burnt us all a pre-emptive sacrifice. Your'e welcome.
    Who'd ya char?

  21. #21
    El Gato Malo
    Reputation: Wishful Tomcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    4,372
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    Who'd ya char?
    Been wondering what ever happened to Tones, this might explain it.

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    24,138
    Quote Originally Posted by Wishful Tomcat View Post
    Been wondering what ever happened to Tones, this might explain it.
    Ohhh, that's that horrendous stench I've been getting a whiff of.

  23. #23
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    4,816
    Wow. You guys (Tomcat and Hawg) sure do tend to think morbid thoughts. But since you asked, Hawg, it wasn't Tones. No sir. In fact it wasn't even breathing! But meat WAS involved!

    Hey, Hawg......how are the trails up your way drying out? All good? Hero-dirt?

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    24,138
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Ray View Post
    Wow. You guys (Tomcat and Hawg) sure do tend to think morbid thoughts. But since you asked, Hawg, it wasn't Tones. No sir. In fact it wasn't even breathing! But meat WAS involved!

    Hey, Hawg......how are the trails up your way drying out? All good? Hero-dirt?
    Strangely, I feel as though I'm a dangling from strings at this moment. Much like a puppet

  25. #25
    ****** to the dirt
    Reputation: deke505's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    4,957
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    Hamilton, where?
    pretty much the sun will set the same time in all of Hamilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    There's some strange folk out there 'bouts. They have no sense of humor.
    http://thewoodgallery.blogspot.ca/

  26. #26
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    24,138
    Quote Originally Posted by deke505 View Post
    pretty much the sun will set the same time in all of Hamilton.
    Dohhhh! Where on this planet is Hamilton, you'd please?!

  27. #27
    ****** to the dirt
    Reputation: deke505's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    4,957
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    Dohhhh! Where on this planet is Hamilton, you'd please?!
    In the Northern Hemisphere
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    There's some strange folk out there 'bouts. They have no sense of humor.
    http://thewoodgallery.blogspot.ca/

  28. #28
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    7,939
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    Yeah your right a who's where thing could compromise our mission. If it were to leak out your where about's who and what side you're working on then the whole mission would come to a crashing halt. The operatives would be way ahead of us and our culvert mission doomed.
    Hawg lives in a mission?

  29. #29
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    7,939
    So, the women around here should be happy that something is getting longer around here, while for Tone's, it's getting shorter. Got it!

  30. #30
    Maaaaan
    Reputation: Ericmopar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    4,157
    What? No dancing naked around a fire?
    People around here are starting to get boring...
    Communist Party Member Since 1917.

  31. #31
    9 lives
    Reputation: cyclelicious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    10,410
    We had to change our plans due to icemagaddon. Pouring freezing rain all day... so we ended up picking up growlers and local whiskey, saw a movie and the had a awesome meal

    <a href="http://s1288.photobucket.com/user/mudbunny2/media/DSC02475_zps8e852774.jpg.html" target="_blank"><img src="http://i1288.photobucket.com/albums/b500/mudbunny2/DSC02475_zps8e852774.jpg" border="0" alt=" photo DSC02475_zps8e852774.jpg"/></a>

    On the drive home, the power in large sections of Toronto were black outed

    This morning the cedars in the back yard were heavy with ice and a tree branch crashed the rocket

    <a href="http://s1288.photobucket.com/user/mudbunny2/media/DSC02487_zpsed378875.jpg.html" target="_blank"><img src="http://i1288.photobucket.com/albums/b500/mudbunny2/DSC02487_zpsed378875.jpg" border="0" alt=" photo DSC02487_zpsed378875.jpg"/></a>

    <a href="http://s1288.photobucket.com/user/mudbunny2/media/DSC02485_zps059e9e3b.jpg.html" target="_blank"><img src="http://i1288.photobucket.com/albums/b500/mudbunny2/DSC02485_zps059e9e3b.jpg" border="0" alt=" photo DSC02485_zps059e9e3b.jpg"/></a>
    F*ck Cancer

    Eat your veggies

  32. #32
    I didn't do it
    Reputation: Mookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    9,059
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclelicious View Post
    We had to change our plans due to icemagaddon. Pouring freezing rain all day... so we ended up picking up growlers and local whiskey, saw a movie and the had a awesome meal


    On the drive home, the power in large sections of Toronto were black outed

    This morning the cedars in the back yard were heavy with ice and a tree branch crashed the rocket
    Nice work! You know what they say, when life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted
    Remember, commas save lives

  33. #33
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    26,573
    Quote Originally Posted by Mookie View Post
    Nice work! You know what they say, when life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
    Or growlers!!
    Judy looks like you had a great time anyways.
    ---------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)
    ************^^^^¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqpcBpSsj1A

  34. #34
    I didn't do it
    Reputation: Mookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    9,059
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    Or growlers!!
    Judy looks like you had a great time anyways.
    Ah yes, of course!
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted
    Remember, commas save lives

  35. #35
    Killer b.
    Reputation: The Understater's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,498
    Sunset at 8:40pm

    I'll be barbequeing Christmas lunch and drinking beers with wedges of lime in them.
    Posting on the basis that ignorance shared is ignorance doubled.

  36. #36
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,816
    So I'm a day late, but yeah
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/hdf4Qcy1MEI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Similar Threads

  1. Happy Summer Solstice!
    By PSLICE in forum Colorado - Front Range
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-21-2013, 08:23 AM
  2. Solstice
    By knightrider81 in forum California - Norcal
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 09-19-2012, 09:25 PM
  3. Solstice Ride
    By slcdawg in forum Colorado - Front Range
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-22-2012, 09:58 AM
  4. Happy Solstice
    By norton55 in forum Off Camber (off topic)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-21-2012, 03:21 PM
  5. Solstice again...
    By jeffscott in forum Commuting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-22-2011, 09:42 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •