Sweat is just fat crying.

Happy Record Store Day!

Anyone score anything good?

Best thing I got was a Dogfish Head RSD poster. Wish I could post a pic here, because it ROCKS.
    "Don't apologize for being late with a Starbucks latte in your hand."

High by the Desert
    Is this it?

Rocktoberfest 2014 edit here
    Rocktoberfest 2014 clips here

mtbr member
    The vinyl resurgence is cool. A friend of mine has a fourteen-year-old daughter who has just asked for a turntable. They tried to get into a record shop in Glasgow yesterday but the crowd outside was too big! Record sales last year were at their highest since 1995 and they are up 69% this year already!

Hat's off to manufacturers like Rega, ProJect etc who never gave up on trying to get good record players to people at good prices.

Quote Originally Posted by net wurker View Post
    Is this it?

Yup, that's the one. Thanks!

Hi There!
    I got the Metallica 'No life til leather' cassette and Foo Fighters 'Songs from the laundry room', I didn't really look around too much...saving money for bike upgrades.

There's two record stores in the area and the one I used to go to has a line that starts at like 2am and it's basically a riot. Last year I started going to a smaller one that's closer to my house and I got there at 7:20 for the 8am open, I was about 15th in line. Way cooler vibe as well, people will say "if anyone finds so and so can you let me know" and "who was looking for this so and so?"

I'm not a collector or anything, I just go for fun, pick up something here or there.
    NTFTC

Quote Originally Posted by thegweed View Post
    I got the Metallica 'No life til leather' cassette and Foo Fighters 'Songs from the laundry room', I didn't really look around too much...saving money for bike upgrades.

There's two record stores in the area and the one I used to go to has a line that starts at like 2am and it's basically a riot. Last year I started going to a smaller one that's closer to my house and I got there at 7:20 for the 8am open, I was about 15th in line. Way cooler vibe as well, people will say "if anyone finds so and so can you let me know" and "who was looking for this so and so?"

I'm not a collector or anything, I just go for fun, pick up something here or there.
    I was curious to see that Metallica tape. If they'd had it, I would have probably gotten it,, even if I have nothing to play it on. The clerk said they had gotten about 6 copies and they were gone. What did you pay for yours? Ours was going for $8.

Quick as a bunny
    We spin vinyl on our turntable at home... it is groovy

The best records are 180 to 300 g for durability and sound quality

Happy Record Store Day!-11057256_657071731088505_5014068274470093533_n.jpg
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

Quote Originally Posted by cyclelicious View Post

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11057256_657071731088505_5014068274470093533_n.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	40.8 KB 
ID:	982246
    Yeah, I miss the feel of that huge album in my hands, with artwork and words that I can SEE.

Don't miss the pops and noise, tho.

Did I tell you I have a Rush LP that has Rush on one side and CCR on the other? I'm sure it's worth a lot, but can't get an idea because apparently, it's the only one out there. :P

Quick as a bunny
    Quote Originally Posted by Finch Platte View Post
    Yeah, I miss the feel of that huge album in my hands, with artwork and words that I can SEE.

Don't miss the pops and noise, tho.

Did I tell you I have a Rush LP that has Rush on one side and CCR on the other? I'm sure it's worth a lot, but can't get an idea because apparently, it's the only one out there. :P
    That 's rare!

We like browsing the record stores... lots on line too (brings back memories)

New vinyl gimmics:

Last October for Ghostbusters’ 30th anniversary, Legacy Recordings reissued the Ghostbusters theme song on white vinyl along with Run DMC’s 1989 “Ghostbusters” song. Even better, they made the jacket smell like marshmallows.

F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

mtbr member
    Did I tell you I have a Rush LP that has Rush on one side and CCR on the other?
    That must be very collectable but I can't see how they could only make one. To have that happen they had to have mounted the wrong die in the press. If they did that, and it wasn't picked up on and records went out, I reckon they must have pressed a lot like that, not just one.

Or maybe they did press a lot but only one or two got through to dispatch. Either way it's a cool thing to have.

locked - time out
    Oct 2000
    My pretty good size vinyl collection has been missing for several years. I had a time where I moved 3 times and I think a mover I hired snagged it. Either that or it's buried in X's large storage locker. Bummer, because I had a couple that were collectible. One was a Montrose album that was brand new and never played. I special ordered it in the early 90's when vinyl was being phased out.

One that was really collectible was a brand new never played double album set of Led Zeppelin "The Song Remains The Same". It had a built in fold out booklet of their tour, that was made into a movie. It was the soundtrack to the movie.

I never played it because it was released as a limited collectors addition.

Here's a photo of the cover and the link shows all the photos in the fold out booklet.

led zeppelin song remains the same album - Yahoo Image Search Results

Happy Record Store Day!-image.jpg

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  31.2 KB

locked - time out
    Oct 2000
    Another collector album that I had was the Leonard Skynyrd "Street Survivors" FLAME cover. It was a flamed cover that was released right after the Skynyrd plain crash. After the plane crash and the release of the album they realized the flames covered some of the victims faces that died in the plane crash. They did an instant recall of the album and then later released the same album in a blacked out cover without flames.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  62.2 KB
    Recalled cover ^^^^
    Happy Record Store Day!-image.jpg
    Later released version after the recall, on the right ^^^^^.

Hi There!
    I was curious to see that Metallica tape. If they'd had it, I would have probably gotten it,, even if I have nothing to play it on. The clerk said they had gotten about 6 copies and they were gone. What did you pay for yours? Ours was going for $8.
    10 bucks, it's selling on ebay for like 60 right now. Not mine.
    NTFTC

mtbr member
    Interesting stuff. I have a few records that are apparently worth good money but I don't care. I've given away records I knew were worth a lot. I don't know why it has never bothered me, I just see a record for the music that is on it, that's the only value I see.

Over the years I have given away hundreds of records. I used to have boxes of them stashed away but I realised it was pointless, I was never going to listen to them all. So now I've got a record cabinet in the livingroom that holds about four or five hundred records and when I start to have piles of records on the floor over and above that I go through them and trim them down. If I know I'll probably never play a record again I get rid of it, I don't care if it's valuable or not.

Funny how old CDs have little value eh? ;0) I was just thinking I need to do something with the CDs. I have hundreds of those as well, piles in the livingroom and in boxes in the bottom of the big wardrobe. I really should get shot of a lot of them.

I didn't do it
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Pig View Post
    Interesting stuff. I have a few records that are apparently worth good money but I don't care. I've given away records I knew were worth a lot. I don't know why it has never bothered me, I just see a record for the music that is on it, that's the only value I see.

Over the years I have given away hundreds of records. I used to have boxes of them stashed away but I realised it was pointless, I was never going to listen to them all. So now I've got a record cabinet in the livingroom that holds about four or five hundred records and when I start to have piles of records on the floor over and above that I go through them and trim them down. If I know I'll probably never play a record again I get rid of it, I don't care if it's valuable or not.
    Could you please send me your most valuable records? Baby needs a new pair of shoes.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted
    Remember, commas save lives

Hermit
    Dave Grohl & Foo Fighters came to play a special 150 person concert at the Record Connection in Niles, Ohio for RSD.

Dave was born in Warren, OH, just down the road (and home of Dave Grohl Alley!) It was completely awesome of him and the band to stop back and do something so cool. Thumbs up for Dave and Foo Fighters!

Steve Z
    Pedaling when it's dry
    And paddling when it's wet

My insignificant blog:
    http://swampboy62.blogspot.com/

mtbr member
    Here's my Technic SL1400 with Ortofon cartridge:

mtbr member
    May 2009

That's a nice looking turntable! I've been getting into vinyl over the course of the past couple of years. So far a really small collection and I wish there was a good record store in my area. We do have a flea market close by with a huge "record store" inside, which is good for vintage finds.

High by the Desert
    I can never figure out how to set the clocks on these things.

Rocktoberfest 2014 edit here
    Rocktoberfest 2014 clips here

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by net wurker View Post
    I can never figure out how to set the clocks on these things.

Technics stopped making those a few years ago, which was a real shame. Way things are going they may have to start again.

Censorship rules!

Arf! (Oh shit!)