Thread: Grandaughter

banned
    Jan 2013

Grandaughter

My oldest daughter is 5 months preggers. She is a year younger than i was when we found out she was on the way. 20 is super young to be a parent. I wish she had more time to be young, enjoy her self, and grow into adult life but it is what it is...

After the initial shock we all have embraced the idea of a new family member. The young man is going to school to become a paramedic with hopes of a law enforcement or fireman career. He loves and is trying to make good on his responsibility to my daughter (so i haven't broken his legs....... yet).

We went to the sonogram appointment last night and found out my grandchild is going to be a girl! I have two daughters, was kinda hoping for a grandson to throw the football and do boy stuff with if i am being honest. Still stoked! Pretty cool to now be able to call the growing belly a she instead of an it.

Cant wait to hold her in my arms, watch her grow up, and see what kind of new personality has been added to my family!

mtbr member
    Congratulations Pappy!

locked - time out
    Congrats to you and your family!!

mtbr member
    The story goes that my mom's parents ran away to Iowa to get married at 16. 4 kids, 10 grandkids, 10 great grand kids and absolutely no regrets on making that decision. Sure, especially in this day and age when it seems everyone is putting off children for career and whatever happens in their 20's, 20 is young. My wife and I had a boy 14 months ago and he is lucky to have 3 great grandparents on my side and 3 grandparents. I wish I hadn't been such a stickler about paying off debt before marrying so my mom could've seen me get married and seen my boy. Anyway, apologies for the rant, but it's a blessing to have family and watch it grow. If I've learned one thing after the past 4+ years, you just never know what may happen. So, enjoy your grandkid, hug your daughter and don't be too tough on the boy. In closing, I would like to add that my mother was just as tough, active, ornery, and capable as her brothers. Congratulations!
    No fuss with the MUSS

official eMpTyBRain
    Happy times!
    ...and proud member of the anti-sock puppet desolation

Gnarly
    Congratulations BRG
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

duh
    Congrats and ya still can throw the ball around with her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    the big aussie rep bomb is comin your way

I didn't do it
    Happy news BRG! Friday is looking awfully good.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted
    Remember, commas save lives

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by deke505 View Post
    This. Congrats!

Teach her to ride a MTB so she can "chick" the guys.

Front Range, Colorado
    Congrats grandpa Big Ring.
    Glad you all are embracing the situation and looking forward to it.
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)
    ************^^^^^^Rock Garden
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqpcBpSsj1A

banned
    Jan 2013
    Ty all! =)

Quote Originally Posted by deke505 View Post
    I know this, my oldest (the expecting mom) was a beast on the softball field. All stars every year she played except the very first. She can throw a ball hard enough to sting the crap out of your hand through a glove if you dont catch it in the web, and can bat better than i ever could.

She surfs with me occasionally and is also keen on the idea of MTBing, getting her a bike has been on the to do list for a while now.

Not saying i didnt have fun with my daughters and wont have fun with my grandaughter, just that lil boys are fun to dig up worms n stuff with.

duh
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRingGrinder View Post
    Ty all! =)

I know this, my oldest (the expecting mom) was a beast on the softball field. All stars every year she played except the very first. She can throw a ball hard enough to sting the crap out of your hand through a glove if you dont catch it in the web, and can bat better than i ever could.

She surfs with me occasionally and is also keen on the idea of MTBing, getting her a bike has been on the to do list for a while now.

Not saying i didnt have fun with my daughters and wont have fun with my grandaughter, just that lil boys are fun to dig up worms n stuff with.
    According to my parents, being grandparents is the best because you get to rile up and make them all hyper just in time for the parents to take over.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    the big aussie rep bomb is comin your way

banned
    Jan 2013
    Yep, my Dad did that to me, i look forward to doing the same to my daughter!

muhahahahahaha!!!

mtbr member
    Congrats BRG.

I have a Granddaughter that's 5 months old back in N.C. I have not met her yet, Facetime don't count.
    My wife has been there a couple times now. I get to meet her in 2 weeks !!
    Hey Miraculous... Go Raiders ! .
    -Dad

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Happy for you Big Ring.

I Ride Bikes
    Congrats BigRingGrandpa!
    I like to hug trees at FULL SPEED!

banned
    Jan 2013
    ^LOL!!!

ty all =)

And grats to you as well Fish! Shame they are out of state, that would hurt my heart if mine were.

official eMpTyBRain
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRingGrinder View Post
    My oldest daughter is 5 months preggers. She is a year younger than i was when we found out she was on the way. 20 is super young to be a parent. I wish she had more time to be young, enjoy her self, and grow into adult life but it is what it is...

After the initial shock we all have embraced the idea of a new family member. The young man is going to school to become a paramedic with hopes of a law enforcement or fireman career. He loves and is trying to make good on his responsibility to my daughter (so i haven't broken his legs....... yet).

We went to the sonogram appointment last night and found out my grandchild is going to be a girl! I have two daughters, was kinda hoping for a grandson to throw the football and do boy stuff with if i am being honest. Still stoked! Pretty cool to now be able to call the growing belly a she instead of an it.

Cant wait to hold her in my arms, watch her grow up, and see what kind of new personality has been added to my family!
    If/when we meet some day, I might chuckle the term "Grandpa" to you under my breathe.

Congrats!!!
    ...and proud member of the anti-sock puppet desolation

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Hey, I somehow missed this one. Congrats.
    Noogie...Noogie...Noogie.

banned
    Jan 2013
    ty =)

And Hawg... Its been beat to death already at my work. No need to mutter it under your breath, i have callouses built up.

FKA Malibu412
    Being a grandparent is one of life's paradoxes: things in this world can suck pretty badly but when I'm with my grand babies, I get grounded once again in what's important.

Have a blast with them!
    "I love the bike. It's my meditation. I think I'm bike-sexual." -Robin Williams