Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 794

Thread: GR Bike Club

  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    50

    GR Bike Club

    Me and my friends created a bike club. I'm hoping we could use this forum to set up camp and talk shop. Looking forward to learning from all of you.

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    38
    Hmmm. This looks like a nice bike club. Better than that bike club Lorenzo was trying to get me to join up on that rugby site.
    So buddha, what kind of bike do you have? I currently have 2. A red and yellow tricycle, and a pink BMX style bike with training wheels. I've never actually ridden either, and I'm not sure they are the right size for me.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    50
    Hey Horseballs. Thanks for the welcome although it looks like you're a newbie too. I'm just getting into the sport and am hoping to learn from others on this site. That, of course, is why my club is setting up shop here.

    I certainly hope you were referring to your kid's bikes. That would be silly if they were your bikes. LOL.

    Right now I have a cheap Mongoose, but I'm hoping to upgrade soon. Perhaps to something of the GFF variety.

  4. #4
    AZ
    AZ is offline
    banned
    Reputation: AZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    19,201
    Posting this in your regional forum would be a better idea.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ.MTNS View Post
    Posting this in your regional forum would be a better idea.
    Cool. Are there other bike clubs in the regional forums? I imagine many meet on here and then have a match if they're in each other's area.

  6. #6
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    27,292
    Quote Originally Posted by buddha33 View Post
    Cool. Are there other bike clubs in the regional forums? I imagine many meet on here and then have a match if they're in each other's area.
    As A.Z. said. go to the forum that corresponds to the area [ region ] you live in. And post this, good luck.
    Front Range, Colorado.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    38

    Hope

    Quote Originally Posted by buddha33 View Post
    Hey Horseballs. Thanks for the welcome although it looks like you're a newbie too. I'm just getting into the sport and am hoping to learn from others on this site. That, of course, is why my club is setting up shop here.

    I certainly hope you were referring to your kid's bikes. That would be silly if they were your bikes. LOL.

    Right now I have a cheap Mongoose, but I'm hoping to upgrade soon. Perhaps to something of the GFF variety.
    Mongoose? You lucky dog! I had some POS Huffy. Redlines, Diamondbacks and Mongooses were the bomb back in the day. That was around 1987 so things may have changed. I still remember that assshat Billy Kroger who got the Redline with the posts on the front wheel. He though he was hot sh!t doing all those wheelie tricks.
    I'm thinking about getting back into cycling as well. It's been around 25 years so I may be a bit rusty.

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE, View Post
    As A.Z. said. go to the forum that corresponds to the area [ region ] you live in. And post this, good luck.
    This actually might be kind of tricky since all the guys in the club are scattered throughout the world. We're not looking to carve out a separate GR bike club-only section on the forum. We just heard mtbr would be a good spot for a few of us to learn from the pros.

  9. #9
    AZ
    AZ is offline
    banned
    Reputation: AZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    19,201
    Are you a spammer?

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ.MTNS View Post
    Are you a spammer?
    A spammer I am not. Don't spammers typically use spam?

    I'm beginning to think this Horseballs2 guy is just razzing me. Everything he's said is so far out that it's tough to trust as true. Who rides a big wheel nowadays?

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ.MTNS View Post
    Are you a spammer?
    I typically identify spammers as having urls in their signatures.

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by buddha33 View Post
    A spammer I am not. Don't spammers typically use spam?

    I'm beginning to think this Horseballs2 guy is just razzing me. Everything he's said is so far out that it's tough to trust as true. Who rides a big wheel nowadays?
    Whoa, you crossed a line buddy. Have you seen the sales figures for Big Wheels over the past 4 quarters? They absolutely dominate the numbers coming out of Specialized. Try and poke holes in those facts, tough guy.

    I took a Big Wheel straight down Pikes Peak without putting my feet down once. Hella scary, but the adrenaline rush is unparalleled when pushing the limits of a Big Wheel. Of course you wouldn't know anything about that, would you?

  13. #13
    Unicycle Jockey
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    32
    Hello gentlemen! You seem to be quite a friendly bunch, so I figure this would be the place to ask for help. I've been having trouble with my unicycle as of late, one of my buddies played a prank on me and turned the seat backward and now I can't get it back the right way around. If you guys know how to fix this, I'd really appreciate a step by step walkthrough.

    Thanks in advance.

  14. #14
    Rabid Lana fan
    Reputation: net wurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    8,494
    Whats the best chain lube to use?
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt I here
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt II here

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by @FreakOfNatureGR View Post
    Hello gentlemen! You seem to be quite a friendly bunch, so I figure this would be the place to ask for help. I've been having trouble with my unicycle as of late, one of my buddies played a prank on me and turned the seat backward and now I can't get it back the right way around. If you guys know how to fix this, I'd really appreciate a step by step walkthrough.

    Thanks in advance.
    Well @FONGR, looks like you've got quite the conundrum. Anyone who messes with your unicycle is not a true friend. I call these types of people "enemies," and there is only one fate for an enemy of mine. Swift and brutal justice.

    Here's what I'd do. Tail him for a week. Get to know his routine, where he gets his morning coffee, etc. Next week when he is leaving for work, smash his knee with a tire iron. I bet he doesn't jack around with your unicycle again.

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation: 12chiles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    63
    Where can you find serious mountain biking questions and answers?
    GTidrive Manitouxvert4.5"Foxfloatrc5.6"AvidSramRacefaceXT AzonicLoveseatEastonmagMonkeybarGTflatsContivertpr oMavic

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by 12chiles View Post
    Where can you find serious mountain biking questions and answers?
    It doesn't get more serious than a tire iron to the knee.

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation: 12chiles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    63
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ.MTNS View Post
    Are you a spammer?
    Who did you vote for?
    GTidrive Manitouxvert4.5"Foxfloatrc5.6"AvidSramRacefaceXT AzonicLoveseatEastonmagMonkeybarGTflatsContivertpr oMavic

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation: 12chiles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    63
    Quote Originally Posted by net wurker View Post
    Whats the best chain lube to use?
    I just finished up a bottle of finish line krytech wax lubricant, and was wondering the same thing?
    GTidrive Manitouxvert4.5"Foxfloatrc5.6"AvidSramRacefaceXT AzonicLoveseatEastonmagMonkeybarGTflatsContivertpr oMavic

  20. #20
    Unicycle Jockey
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by Horseballs2 View Post
    Well @FONGR, looks like you've got quite the conundrum. Anyone who messes with your unicycle is not a true friend. I call these types of people "enemies," and there is only one fate for an enemy of mine. Swift and brutal justice.

    Here's what I'd do. Tail him for a week. Get to know his routine, where he gets his morning coffee, etc. Next week when he is leaving for work, smash his knee with a tire iron. I bet he doesn't jack around with your unicycle again.
    Thanks for the good advice HB2. I think I may just do that. I was wondering, maybe I should threaten him with the tire iron first? That might convince him to put the seat back on the right way around. Then I'll kneecap him so he'll think twice about messing with my property again.

    There could be complications though. I think he's one of those home latte snobs who refuses to drink out of paper cups, and I'm pretty sure he fixes his own at home every morning. I may have to hang out in the bushes by his garage the night before garbage pickup, that way if he hears anything he'll probably just blame it on raccoons getting into the garbage he put out. I should probably wear some sort of disguise too, so I don't arouse suspicion. I'm thinking a fur hat and a lone ranger mask should do the trick.

    You've been a huge help. Thanks again.

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation: 12chiles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    63
    Quote Originally Posted by Horseballs2 View Post
    It doesn't get more serious than a tire iron to the knee.
    Dude you have to have some kind of balls
    GTidrive Manitouxvert4.5"Foxfloatrc5.6"AvidSramRacefaceXT AzonicLoveseatEastonmagMonkeybarGTflatsContivertpr oMavic

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation: 12chiles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    63
    Quote Originally Posted by buddha33 View Post
    Me and my friends created a bike club. I'm hoping we could use this forum to set up camp and talk shop. Looking forward to learning from all of you.
    Is Larry in it?
    GTidrive Manitouxvert4.5"Foxfloatrc5.6"AvidSramRacefaceXT AzonicLoveseatEastonmagMonkeybarGTflatsContivertpr oMavic

  23. #23
    Unicycle Jockey
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by 12chiles View Post
    Is Larry in it?
    He's not into getting out on the trails. He'd rather take lessons on a stationary from his personal trainer. Apparently the PT is quite knowledgeable. Larry says he's learned "the secret" to conquering all of the trails and most of the beaches, but since he's so good at it he's become bored with riding.

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation: FLMike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    974

    Cool-blue Rhythm

    WTF is going on here

    reminds me of the twilight zone

    something just doesnt seem right....

  25. #25
    AZ
    AZ is offline
    banned
    Reputation: AZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    19,201
    Sock puppets me thinks. Start banning IP's...

  26. #26
    fresh fish in stock...... SuperModerator
    Reputation: CHUM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    8,615
    you guys are paranoid!

    buddha33 is not a spammer ya buncha goofs

    but he and couple others here are filtering in from *elsewhere*....and posting in the gawdamn wrong forum!!! [I moved it to the OC]

    show these outcasts some love - and in return they'll give you tips on how to 'grip it and rip it'.
    Click Here for Forum Rules

  27. #27
    AZ
    AZ is offline
    banned
    Reputation: AZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    19,201
    Quote Originally Posted by 12chiles View Post
    Who did you vote for?





    I voted for Joe of course,

















    Joe Mama....

  28. #28
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    53
    Sorry for the delay. At first when I tried to surface I ran into an oil slick and had to swim way out of my way. Not easy holding my breath that long. I've seen people surface with an Oil Head and they're never the same.

    So...what's going on?

  29. #29
    AZ
    AZ is offline
    banned
    Reputation: AZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    19,201
    Quote Originally Posted by CHUM View Post
    you guys are paranoid!

    buddha33 is not a spammer ya buncha goofs

    but he and couple others here are filtering in from *elsewhere*....and posting in the gawdamn wrong forum!!! [I moved it to the OC]

    show these outcasts some love - and in return they'll give you tips on how to 'grip it and rip it'.




    Just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you.

  30. #30
    mtbr member
    Reputation: FLMike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    974
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorenzzo View Post
    Sorry for the delay. At first when I tried to surface I ran into an oil slick and had to swim way out of my way. Not easy holding my breath that long. I've seen people surface with an Oil Head and they're never the same.

    So...what's going on?
    Seems like a legit first post to me

  31. #31
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ.MTNS View Post
    Just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you.
    Blind dog finds bone.

  32. #32
    fresh fish in stock...... SuperModerator
    Reputation: CHUM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    8,615
    this thread currently has potential.....
    Click Here for Forum Rules

  33. #33
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by FLMike View Post
    Seems like a legit first post to me
    You mountain bike in Florida and find my participation strange?

  34. #34
    ready to ride
    Reputation: mattnmtns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    837
    FnA I guess I am officially old. What the hell is a GR club? Gay Riders club? No offense meant if it is.

  35. #35
    AZ
    AZ is offline
    banned
    Reputation: AZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    19,201
    Sock puppet accounts, posting in code, Gen. Petraus sh!t canned, war in the middle east, coincidence? I think not.

  36. #36
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by mattnmtns View Post
    FnA I guess I am officially old. What the hell is a GR club? Gay Riders club? No offense meant if it is.
    I'd say yes but the image of your excitement is offensive to me.

  37. #37
    fresh fish in stock...... SuperModerator
    Reputation: CHUM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    8,615
    they're not puppets either...

    and 'GR' is legit...
    Click Here for Forum Rules

  38. #38
    Rabid Lana fan
    Reputation: net wurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    8,494
    Why does it feel like bullets are about to start flying?
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt I here
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt II here

  39. #39
    fresh fish in stock...... SuperModerator
    Reputation: CHUM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    8,615
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorenzzo View Post
    You mountain bike in Florida and find my participation strange?

    OK - that's hella funny.

    Click Here for Forum Rules

  40. #40
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by net wurker View Post
    Why does it feel like bullets are about to start flying?
    No, you've got us all wrong. On a scale of 1-10, how's the mountain biking in Alabama?

  41. #41
    AZ
    AZ is offline
    banned
    Reputation: AZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    19,201
    Quote Originally Posted by net wurker View Post
    Why does it feel like bullets are about to start flying?



    Its just a small skirmish. No humans will be harmed in the filming of this thread.

  42. #42
    Rabid Lana fan
    Reputation: net wurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    8,494
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorenzzo View Post
    No, you've got us all wrong. On a scale of 1-10, how's the mountain biking in Alabama?
    Well, I've never been out west to compare, but here I would give it a solid 6 (appalachian mtn. range) Very rocky and technical around here.

    I fantasize about lift-asisted riding out west , though.
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt I here
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt II here

  43. #43
    Rabid Lana fan
    Reputation: net wurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    8,494
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ.MTNS View Post
    Its just a small skirmish. No humans will be harmed in the filming of this thread.

    I feel we need to protect Nicole from these thugs.
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt I here
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt II here

  44. #44
    ******
    Reputation: monzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,990
    Skirmish you say? I haven't had a skirmish in a while and was looking for a way to gather some red. This might be just the ticket. I have been sorely missing posting in the "Best Neg Comment" thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    Id scrap the passion forum all together, its a breeding ground for unicorn milkers, rainbow chasers and candy cotton farters.

  45. #45
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by net wurker View Post
    Well, I've never been out west to compare, but here I would give it a solid 6 (appalachian mtn. range) Very rocky and technical around here.

    I fantasize about lift-asisted riding out west , though.
    If you mean Francois, he's well insulated. I fantasize constantly. I also spend time at Mammoth

  46. #46
    AZ
    AZ is offline
    banned
    Reputation: AZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    19,201
    Quote Originally Posted by net wurker View Post
    I feel we need to protect Nicole from these thugs.



    Phhttt! Who's gonna protect them from Nicole?

  47. #47
    ******
    Reputation: monzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,990
    Also, I require more details on this "elsewhere". Is it another planet? Seems likely. Or, perhaps Ozzy and Tone's know these guys. GR could mean Giant 'Roo after all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    Id scrap the passion forum all together, its a breeding ground for unicorn milkers, rainbow chasers and candy cotton farters.

  48. #48
    ride more
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,623
    How about Arkansas? Is that a thing?

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I957 using Tapatalk 2

  49. #49
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ.MTNS View Post
    Phhttt! Who's gonna protect them from Nicole?
    Exactly. I'm not getting all the fear here. I thought MB-ers were supposed to be fearless.

  50. #50
    Rabid Lana fan
    Reputation: net wurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    8,494
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ.MTNS View Post
    Phhttt! Who's gonna protect them from Nicole?
    Actually, we may need to protect them from her.

    EDIT: Duh, I just realized that's what you said. I'm a dumm Alabama hick what kaint reed sumtimes.
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt I here
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt II here

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •