Page 1 of 32 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: GR Bike Club

mtbr member
    Sep 2012

GR Bike Club

Me and my friends created a bike club. I'm hoping we could use this forum to set up camp and talk shop. Looking forward to learning from all of you.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Hmmm. This looks like a nice bike club. Better than that bike club Lorenzo was trying to get me to join up on that rugby site.
    So buddha, what kind of bike do you have? I currently have 2. A red and yellow tricycle, and a pink BMX style bike with training wheels. I've never actually ridden either, and I'm not sure they are the right size for me.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Hey Horseballs. Thanks for the welcome although it looks like you're a newbie too. I'm just getting into the sport and am hoping to learn from others on this site. That, of course, is why my club is setting up shop here.

I certainly hope you were referring to your kid's bikes. That would be silly if they were your bikes. LOL.

Right now I have a cheap Mongoose, but I'm hoping to upgrade soon. Perhaps to something of the GFF variety.

AZ
    banned
    Posting this in your regional forum would be a better idea.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ.MTNS View Post
    Posting this in your regional forum would be a better idea.
    Cool. Are there other bike clubs in the regional forums? I imagine many meet on here and then have a match if they're in each other's area.

Front Range, Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by buddha33 View Post
    Cool. Are there other bike clubs in the regional forums? I imagine many meet on here and then have a match if they're in each other's area.
    As A.Z. said. go to the forum that corresponds to the area [ region ] you live in. And post this, good luck.
    --------- __o
    ------- _`\<,_
    ------ (*)/ (*)
    ************^^^^^^^^^Rock Garden

mtbr member
    Nov 2012

Hope

Hey Horseballs. Thanks for the welcome although it looks like you're a newbie too. I'm just getting into the sport and am hoping to learn from others on this site. That, of course, is why my club is setting up shop here.

I certainly hope you were referring to your kid's bikes. That would be silly if they were your bikes. LOL.

Right now I have a cheap Mongoose, but I'm hoping to upgrade soon. Perhaps to something of the GFF variety.
    Mongoose? You lucky dog! I had some POS Huffy. Redlines, Diamondbacks and Mongooses were the bomb back in the day. That was around 1987 so things may have changed. I still remember that assshat Billy Kroger who got the Redline with the posts on the front wheel. He though he was hot sh!t doing all those wheelie tricks.
    I'm thinking about getting back into cycling as well. It's been around 25 years so I may be a bit rusty.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE, View Post
    As A.Z. said. go to the forum that corresponds to the area [ region ] you live in. And post this, good luck.
    This actually might be kind of tricky since all the guys in the club are scattered throughout the world. We're not looking to carve out a separate GR bike club-only section on the forum. We just heard mtbr would be a good spot for a few of us to learn from the pros.

AZ
    banned
    Are you a spammer?

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Are you a spammer?
    A spammer I am not. Don't spammers typically use spam?

I'm beginning to think this Horseballs2 guy is just razzing me. Everything he's said is so far out that it's tough to trust as true. Who rides a big wheel nowadays?

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Are you a spammer?
    I typically identify spammers as having urls in their signatures.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    A spammer I am not. Don't spammers typically use spam?

I'm beginning to think this Horseballs2 guy is just razzing me. Everything he's said is so far out that it's tough to trust as true. Who rides a big wheel nowadays?
    Whoa, you crossed a line buddy. Have you seen the sales figures for Big Wheels over the past 4 quarters? They absolutely dominate the numbers coming out of Specialized. Try and poke holes in those facts, tough guy.

I took a Big Wheel straight down Pikes Peak without putting my feet down once. Hella scary, but the adrenaline rush is unparalleled when pushing the limits of a Big Wheel. Of course you wouldn't know anything about that, would you?

Unicycle Jockey
    Nov 2012
    Hello gentlemen! You seem to be quite a friendly bunch, so I figure this would be the place to ask for help. I've been having trouble with my unicycle as of late, one of my buddies played a prank on me and turned the seat backward and now I can't get it back the right way around. If you guys know how to fix this, I'd really appreciate a step by step walkthrough.

Thanks in advance.

re member
    Whats the best chain lube to use?
    Quote Originally Posted by My Avatar
    WOOF!
    My videos on Vimeo

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by @FreakOfNatureGR View Post
    Hello gentlemen! You seem to be quite a friendly bunch, so I figure this would be the place to ask for help. I've been having trouble with my unicycle as of late, one of my buddies played a prank on me and turned the seat backward and now I can't get it back the right way around. If you guys know how to fix this, I'd really appreciate a step by step walkthrough.

Thanks in advance.
    Well @FONGR, looks like you've got quite the conundrum. Anyone who messes with your unicycle is not a true friend. I call these types of people "enemies," and there is only one fate for an enemy of mine. Swift and brutal justice.

Here's what I'd do. Tail him for a week. Get to know his routine, where he gets his morning coffee, etc. Next week when he is leaving for work, smash his knee with a tire iron. I bet he doesn't jack around with your unicycle again.

mtbr member
    Where can you find serious mountain biking questions and answers?
    GTidrive Manitouxvert4.5"Foxfloatrc5.6"AvidSramRacefaceXT AzonicLoveseatEastonmagMonkeybarGTflatsContivertpr oMavic

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by 12chiles View Post
    Where can you find serious mountain biking questions and answers?
    It doesn't get more serious than a tire iron to the knee.

mtbr member
    Are you a spammer?
    Who did you vote for?
    GTidrive Manitouxvert4.5"Foxfloatrc5.6"AvidSramRacefaceXT AzonicLoveseatEastonmagMonkeybarGTflatsContivertpr oMavic

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by net wurker View Post
    Whats the best chain lube to use?
    I just finished up a bottle of finish line krytech wax lubricant, and was wondering the same thing?

Unicycle Jockey
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Horseballs2 View Post
    Well @FONGR, looks like you've got quite the conundrum. Anyone who messes with your unicycle is not a true friend. I call these types of people "enemies," and there is only one fate for an enemy of mine. Swift and brutal justice.

Here's what I'd do. Tail him for a week. Get to know his routine, where he gets his morning coffee, etc. Next week when he is leaving for work, smash his knee with a tire iron. I bet he doesn't jack around with your unicycle again.
    Thanks for the good advice HB2. I think I may just do that. I was wondering, maybe I should threaten him with the tire iron first? That might convince him to put the seat back on the right way around. Then I'll kneecap him so he'll think twice about messing with my property again.

There could be complications though. I think he's one of those home latte snobs who refuses to drink out of paper cups, and I'm pretty sure he fixes his own at home every morning. I may have to hang out in the bushes by his garage the night before garbage pickup, that way if he hears anything he'll probably just blame it on raccoons getting into the garbage he put out. I should probably wear some sort of disguise too, so I don't arouse suspicion. I'm thinking a fur hat and a lone ranger mask should do the trick.

You've been a huge help. Thanks again.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Horseballs2 View Post
    It doesn't get more serious than a tire iron to the knee.
    Dude you have to have some kind of balls

mtbr member
    Me and my friends created a bike club. I'm hoping we could use this forum to set up camp and talk shop. Looking forward to learning from all of you.
    Is Larry in it?

Unicycle Jockey
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by 12chiles View Post
    Is Larry in it?
    He's not into getting out on the trails. He'd rather take lessons on a stationary from his personal trainer. Apparently the PT is quite knowledgeable. Larry says he's learned "the secret" to conquering all of the trails and most of the beaches, but since he's so good at it he's become bored with riding.

mtbr member

Cool-blue Rhythm

WTF is going on here

reminds me of the twilight zone

something just doesnt seem right....

AZ
    banned
    Sock puppets me thinks. Start banning IP's...

Page 1 of 32 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast