Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Beer Me!

Go home winter you're drunk!

Hey OC crew, been off a bit, but here I am, lurking in the shadows.

I am f-ing tired of winter. 4 days ago I was out in a short sleeve jersey and shorts, today I have 16+in of snow in my yard. Two weekends ago I was thinking things were looking up for regular riding, then the temps dropped from 65 to 24 in 2 days. WTF Winter!

For those of you who have nice weather right now: I hate you. I am going crazy, and want to ride my dag nab bike.

Global warming, bahhhh, more like Global Weirding.

Ok, feel better, Rant over.
    My Bike: FORM Cycles Titanium Prevail 29er

"Any wheel size is better than sitting at a computer all day." -Myself

Ride More, Whine Less
    Welcome back from hibernation. Like a bear, you woke up grumpy

(ps...I"m glad you are here, I've been the only one complaining about this never ending winter for some time)

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Are you in the Denver area? My wife just lost out on a job interview because her flight got cancelled due to weather. I guess they already had someone picked out for the job. Thanks, global weirding.

BTW, I'm going for a bike ride after work.
    Noogie...Noogie...Noogie.

I didn't do it
    We've had a weird spring out here in Wash state as well. We had a short blast of short sleeve weather a couple weeks ago. It was frickin' awesome. But since then it's been cold, rainy and windy. Tons of fresh snow in the mountains is a double edged sword because the skiing is great but it means the higher elevation trails won't be opening up for awhile.

Beer Me!
    Quote Originally Posted by heyyall View Post
    Welcome back from hibernation. Like a bear, you woke up grumpy

(ps...I"m glad you are here, I've been the only one complaining about this never ending winter for some time)
    Yea, was over on another non-bike related website for a little while (ahem...reddit...ahem) and realized they are all jerks over there. I got your back on this cold crap, OVER IT, its 2 months away from June, and I spent an hour shoveling my driveway this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Slow Danger View Post
    Are you in the Denver area? My wife just lost out on a job interview because her flight got cancelled due to weather. I guess they already had someone picked out for the job. Thanks, global weirding.

BTW, I'm going for a bike ride after work.
    Yep, Fort Collins, and we are expecting another 6 to 10 inches tonight/tomorrow. This is the most snow we got all year, and its in f-ing April.

BTW, I Hate You.

Beer Me!
    Quote Originally Posted by nwbikur View Post
    We've had a weird spring out here in Wash state as well. We had a short blast of short sleeve weather a couple weeks ago. It was frickin' awesome. But since then it's been cold, rainy and windy. Tons of fresh snow in the mountains is a double edged sword because the skiing is great but it means the higher elevation trails won't be opening up for awhile.
    Its not even that good of skiing out here anymore since most of the base is gone, and the snow we are getting is super heavy slushy crap. So its not even worth that!

High Desert MTBer
    Yawn... 84 here today... hate me now!
    It's all Here. Now.

I didn't do it
    Quote Originally Posted by Guerdonian View Post
    Its not even that good of skiing out here anymore since most of the base is gone, and the snow we are getting is super heavy slushy crap. So its not even worth that!
    I know what you're talking about. You just can't win this time of year.

Beer Me!
    Quote Originally Posted by rockerc View Post
    Yawn... 84 here today... hate me now!
    Done

Ride More, Whine Less
    A problem we are having is the frost line was deep this year (low snow cover in Dec/Jan; >45" of dirt frozen solid) and we haven't had enough warming days to thaw. So, any rain/snow we get, doesn't drain through the soil. It stays on the surface in a 6"-12" mud pie. The current trail opening day for many popular trails is now pushing June. Last year, we opened after the spring thaw in March.

Rogue Exterminator
    Winter officially left NC a couple weeks ago.
    Just stick it in granny and start grinding.

High Desert MTBer
    Done
    Actually, don't hate me too much, I am here with a quiet few days workwise, perfect riding weather, and BOTH bikes sick until I get my replacement pivot kit for the Salsa, and my Lefty for the C'dale has it's seals redone for the 3rd friggin time in 18 months!
    It's all Here. Now.

Beer Me!
    The current trail opening day for many popular trails is now pushing June. Last year, we opened after the spring thaw in March.
    Its just stupid out there.

Quote Originally Posted by kjlued View Post
    Winter officially left NC a couple weeks ago.
    You may get a surprise, winter is no longer a constant, its a never ending unpredictable a-hole that sneaks up and poo's white stuff on your trails. It may show up again out there.

Actually, don't hate me too much, I am here with a quiet few days workwise, perfect riding weather, and BOTH bikes sick until I get my replacement pivot kit for the Salsa, and my Lefty for the C'dale has it's seals redone for the 3rd friggin time in 18 months!
    Hate removed, simply because of your unfortunate position, still jealous though.

Rogue Exterminator

You may get a surprise, winter is no longer a constant, its a never ending unpredictable a-hole that sneaks up and poo's white stuff on your trails. It may show up again out there.
    That will be ok, the bike goes in the snow too.

Gnarly
    Welcome back guerdonian!

Our trails are dry in spots and pudding in other areas,. We needed the rain to get the frost out of the ground and now we just need wind to dry things out.

I don't know but it seems like the same sequence every season but I want things to speed up too!
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

Flaccid Member
    Sep 2007
    I think it was sunny, cold, blustery, and tacky hero dirt today in the Santa Clarita Valley on my bike ride. Someone's gotta do it, why not Hawg or me?
    "i'll brazilian when YOU do boy, right around the ol' rusty star. Actually, whole fruit bowl. Get on it!" NicoleB

Bro
    Where I do my thinking
    I'm still on the hating.... Partly for your good weather, partly because you can ride in a few days.

A few weeks ago it was sunny and warm. But it's been snowing on/off for the last couple days, and fat flakes just started falling as I was typing this up. Springtime weather makes no sense.
    I've made some bad decisions like taking the gears off my bike. So here's the warning: Do not as I say, nor as I do.

Ride More, Whine Less
    I'm currently sitting in a hotel room in DC. The weather is beautiful. If my meeting ends a bit early tomorrow, I think I'll rent me a bike and head out on the urban trail by the hotel. There is at least one interesting climb that I saw when I grabbed some Chinese take out from across the street. Two sad souls were pushing their bike up this hill as I was waiting on the light to change.

I scoped the hill out on Strava to learn it is well ridden. Maybe I'll see if I can make the top 150 on a single speed beach comber

Strava Segment | RCP to Calvert

Only 5 lives left
    I'm currently sitting in a hotel room in DC. The weather is beautiful. If my meeting ends a bit early tomorrow, I think I'll rent me a bike and head out on the urban trail by the hotel. There is at least one interesting climb that I saw when I grabbed some Chinese take out from across the street. Two sad souls were pushing their bike up this hill as I was waiting on the light to change.
    If you have enough time on the rental take a ride north on Beach Dr. up to Rock Creek Park, it's a pretty area.

The White Jeff W
    I got up the nerve to remove all of my cold weather riding gear from my car yesterday. I hope I didnt jinx it, but I think we're over the hump in Pittsburgh.

We sure got spoiled here last winter. Mild, dry weather nearly all winter.
    No moss...

Beer Me!
    Go home winter you're drunk!-0416131701.jpg
    Took this picture at New Belgium last night, snowed another 3ish inches after, and we are supposed to get another 3 to 6 today.

Ride More, Whine Less
    Quote Originally Posted by Wishful Tomcat View Post
    If you have enough time on the rental take a ride north on Beach Dr. up to Rock Creek Park, it's a pretty area.
    I had an hour but apparently made a wrong turn. I ended up in Arlington. Beautiful river ride nonetheless.

ps. I did make the top 150 on the RCP to Calvert climb...I came at 147

Rogue Exterminator
    It was in the 70's here today.
    Unfortunately it rained before I could get on the bike.
    Probably for the better though, I am still nursing an injury from an OTB I had on Sunday.

official eMpTyBRain
    We stopped having "seasons" in California also. We now have 4 mini seasons here every month of the year. It's really strange.
    ...and proud member of the anti-sock puppet desolation

Only 5 lives left
    I had an hour but apparently made a wrong turn. I ended up in Arlington. Beautiful river ride nonetheless.

ps. I did make the top 150 on the RCP to Calvert climb...I came at 147
    Either direction works and cool ride pictures (in that "other thread"). Congrats on that Strava climb

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast